Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been waiting for X/Y since HeartGold SoulSilver because my wi-fi only likes 3ds games. Also I found out that my camera on my 3ds was broken just after the warranty expired. And if anyone wants to race me in mk7 contact me and we can set up to race.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Holy poop I just got so excited for the new fire emblem!

Ok some questions, to do with the demo, how much space does it take up? Can I delete it once I buy the full game? Also, these are working under the assumption that the full game will be available on the eshop on the 4th, which I think is true? But I can't be sure.

Villager class looks interesting..

Holy poop I just got so excited for the new fire emblem!

Ok some questions, to do with the demo, how much space does it take up? Can I delete it once I buy the full game? Also, these are working under the assumption that the full game will be available on the eshop on the 4th, which I think is true? But I can't be sure.

Villager class looks interesting..
I think demo is 1024 blocks, which isn't much. You can delete it whenever you want. Game will be buyable on the eshop (probably midnight eastern time on the 4th but that's not for sure), but there is no street date, so you could potentially get it earlier at a gamestop or best buy. Donnel has really good growth rates, but the villager class sucks and you want to reclass him as soon as you can. The villager class is objectively the worst in the game, and Donnel requires a lot more grinding than anyone else.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I'm really excited for the Fire Emblem Awakening game, I was reading a few things on serene forest about the mechanics and did sort of find some plot stuff out, but I'm really only playing for the game really.

In terms of classic vs casual I've beaten the gba and console English games all a few times now but I'm going to go to casual mode for the sake of playing the game rather than spending half an hour in a stage to have someone useful die and restart. If someone does die early I'll end up restarting. For the most part I'll play like it's classic mode.

I think this will also be my first downloadable retail game for 3DS as well, it's great that we are finally getting another Fire Emblem game to sink our teeth into.

I really want to get FE Awakening, but given my current backlog of 3DS games to play, I'll probably end up waiting a bit...that and the $40 price tag, ugh...

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
heard that Fire Emblem was coming out today and bought my 3DS XL (got the MK7 bundle) 3 weeks ago in anticipation and preordered the game the same day. also bought Tales of the Abyss over that weekend to get through the wait (and because it is an awesome game).

after hearing about all the shipping delay nonsense, i figured i'd come home from work today and buy it digitally. but as luck would have it, a Target store near me (PA) had the game in stock and i got the last copy. no other store i called (3 gamestops, 1 Walmart, 1 Best Buy) had it and had no idea when it was coming in.

i've played 2 chapters and it's pretty Fire Emblem so far. time to plan out arranged marriages (no incest or gayness makes me a sad man...it's not like previous FE titles didn't have this, right?).

I bought FE today also. I've missed it so...

Haven't opened it yet, but will in time. Pokemon White 2 is new to my collection..so enjoying that as well. Man..can't wait to play and see how it is on the 3DS

Sooo FE Awakening is sold out at every retailer near me. I heard they were short on stock in a lot of places, but I wasn't expecting it to be this difficult. I even checked Amazon earlier and some company is charging $60 for it. Pretty crazy.

Well that explains it.

Yep. My fiancé and I had to go to a handful of stores to find it. Went to some beat up WalMart. Last in stock.

Fire emblem is good so far. Not much character development, but it's pretty good. I've only played through FE 6 (english translation), 7, 8 and shadow dragon, but this is already better than the latter.

Flaw/Asset has me confused on which is best to pick.

I feel like magic would be great since most ally's will probably be sword and close range. But I don't know! Love the 3D look though. The intro wasn't long enough!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The actual growth difference for flaw/asset is really so small I'd say it doesn't make a huge difference in all but if you've planned your whole game and know what you want go ahead. I can tell already that I'm going to be playing this game a couple more times just to mess around with what supports/kids/skills/reclassing I can do. I dare say this is the definitive Fire Emblem with all the crazy amounts of thing you can do, where supports can actually matter. There is no reason not to get a ton of supports, and then figure out who you want to marry. My only fear now is that this game will be impossible to top.

Agreed. I started a game already and picked Mag/-Res

But will just play a tiny bit more to get a feel and restart. Awesome dynamics.

Yeah, still can't find Fire Emblem anywhere, really wanted to use my handy GameStop gift cards for it but if they're not getting it until the 8th then I might just end up downloading it...

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
fire emblem is really good. it would be amazing however if i could totally figure out the combat system. i have nearly everything down, but i have gotten totally fucked a few times when a low HP unit decided to intercept an attack aimed at my high HP unit, and got killed. i'm all for the permadeath thing, but when it seems that random chance made my unit jump in front of his perfectly-okay friend, i'm going to restart the match because that's stupid. also i randomly get a guy to chip in on a hit which is weird?

help?

fire emblem is really good. it would be amazing however if i could totally figure out the combat system. i have nearly everything down, but i have gotten totally fucked a few times when a low HP unit decided to intercept an attack aimed at my high HP unit, and got killed. i'm all for the permadeath thing, but when it seems that random chance made my unit jump in front of his perfectly-okay friend, i'm going to restart the match because that's stupid. also i randomly get a guy to chip in on a hit which is weird?

help?
When units are paired up, or when units are next to eachother they have a chance of helping the units who is either attacking or getting attacked. That chance is based on how well those characters like eachother, which can be ranked up by having them talk to eachother outside of battle or by having them support the other in battle.

help?
Supporting units don't take damage on dual guards, it always does 0.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
HOORAY! The new Animal Crossing is going to come out... but when? What does Q2 mean? So excited though as it is one of my favorite games. I just wish that there would be a TWEWY remake or sequel or something on the 3DS. The iPod app was just a huge disappointment (had definitely hoped for a sequel).

Edit: Thank you Faint, that's a big help! OMG that's even better, just a few months before it comes out! THANK YOU! :)

HOORAY! The new Animal Crossing is going to come out... but when? What does Q2 mean? So excited though as it is one of my favorite games. I just wish that there would be a TWEWY remake or sequel or something on the 3DS. The iPod app was just a huge disappointment (had definitely hoped for a sequel).
Q2 means quarter 2, however it's been a while since I've updated those dates so many of them are incorrect or have already been released. The official release date for AC is May 3, 2013.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
gah it's such (BAN ME PLEASE)ry. i just lost lissa and miriel to totally random double strikes. i mean, how am i supposed to know when the enemy can double strike? am i supposed to have my units be able to sponge 2 hits from every opponent at all times??

Repeat attacks are based on speed. I'm not sure of the exact formulas (it seems to be based on which game you're playing, and I don't feel like snooping around for FE:A numbers) and basically if you are a certain amount slower then you'll get hit twice. Keep your slower units safe!

So...I thought there was an option in Awakening to only have units KOed for the battle instead of perma-death, or is everyone doing the classic "you screw up or lose to rng and they die" mode?

Mind you I have nothing against perma-death, but at the same time, not having to constantly reset due to being screwed by RNG or an unseen unit and inevitably tossing my DS out the door could be kinda nice as well.

gotta look at all avenues before advancing! but yeah.. i do the perma-death thing. I feel without it, it would just be too simple and no real punishment.

also... if a member has speed +5 than the opposition, it will attack twice. 5 is the number to aim for, or avoid.

edit
---okay, after a few ridiculous deaths.. i now understand casual modes appeal. Didn't think 'hard' mode would be this bad.. but then again.. half my squad is underleveled.. which is a bad move on my part, focusing only on 2-3 players to level 10 atm, rest are 3-5.. and im battling lvl 7-9

---okay, after a few ridiculous deaths.. i now understand casual modes appeal. Didn't think 'hard' mode would be this bad.. but then again.. half my squad is underleveled.. which is a bad move on my part, focusing only on 2-3 players to level 10 atm, rest are 3-5.. and im battling lvl 7-9
What if i told you there was a mode harder than lunatic? It's quite fun... if you're a masochist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)