Noble Items

That's a rather more specific situation than "oh you have an Electric or Steel type WELL NOT ANYMORE". It's also more a commentary on how stupid Gothitelle is than it is on the item itself. The two are not remotely equivalent.
You're proposing an item that causes certain moves to miss 100% of the time. You can't just not say that's excessive :P

You're proposing an item that causes certain moves to miss 100% of the time. You can't just not say that's excessive :P
Reaper Cloth: Turns the user into a Ghost type, rendering them immune to Normal and Fighting moves.

Wave Incense: Turns some users immune to Ground and others immune to Water.

Air Balloon: Immunity to all Ground moves/not considered to be "grounded" for the purposes of Spikes etc.

The main difference between my Magnet entry and a traditional immunity (Well, two immunities) is that it works against Status moves... and fails in any circumstance where Accuracy checks are skipped. (Shockwave doesn't bypass Ground typing nor Lightning Rod)

I'm not saying it isn't unhealthy (I do have my reservations about it, and won't exactly be broken up if my entry doesn't win), but it's really not comparable to an item that lets you take a decently tough Steel and/or Electric counter, and just say "lolnope you don't have that Pokemon anymore". That's everything that makes Shadow Tag a heinous Ability, only even more heinous.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
The voting phase has ended! (And sorry for sometimes forgetting to change the title. :P )
Zap Plate | Normal moves become electric and have power boosted by 1.3 (by Tarontos)
Magnet | Tie between Tarontos and me. Which submission is better in your opinion and why?
  • Tarontos: Electric moves hit twice with the second at 1/3 power, not making contact.
  • the someone: If the holder has the Minus or Plus abilities, their Special Attack get a x2.25 boost.
Electirizer | If the holder is struck by an Electric move, their Speed sharply rises. (They still take full damage. If they're immune, the Electirizer won't trigger) (by Ghoul King)
Cell Battery | If the holder is Electric type, restores 50% of the holder's health when below half health, using up the Cell Battery. The move Charge will replace a used Cell Battery like Recycle. (by Ghoul King)

New Items for Submission:
(Note: Please try and do all if possible. Thank you.)
Electric slate part 2
Light Ball (you can make this as widespread or niche as you want)
Upgrade
Dubious Disc
Eject Button

Light ball
NFE attack and special attack are multiplied by 1.75, if your name is pikachu or pichu your normal type moves become electric and the modifier is changed to 2.5
Should be enough to bring pikachu to viability and is a good item for NFEs

+3 252+ Atk Pikachu Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 208-246 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

basically itself but better

Upgrade
Pokemon in the porygon line gain the ability protean ontop of any existing ability
Its an upgrade to the typeing
Protean+adaptability? ow
Dubious Disk
the first move used when this pokemon comes out has plus one priority , can only use damaging moves--all moves used gain .25 recoil
Dubious choice
Good for revenge killing
Eject button
When ever the pokemon hits with an attack it is switched out--can not use status moves or moves with increased priority(this prevents a dual fakeout core, and )
U-turn the item--Stick it on something with regenerator and you have a very nice pokemon(scald+ejectbutton+slowbro),(airslash tornadus-t)
It was either this or eject button that is not used up

these are all works in progress maybe

Magnet:
Obligated to support mine but here is why it should be mine
More universal--universality is good
We already have plenty of powerfull special electric types maybe if it was physical i would of gone for it
Charge beam, give em nasty plot--gives electric types realy good boosting with a .49 for 2 .42 for 1 and .09 for zero
Discharge--paralyze em
It has realy neat flavor

Last edited:
Light Ball: If the holder is Electric type, it Electric type moves gets +1 priority.
Flavor: You are moving in the speed of light.
Competitive: Electric types are fast but has no priority attacking move. This will give them.

Upgrade: If the holder is Porygon, Porygon2 or Porygon-Z, it gains a Ghost typing and Speed is raised by +1 upon switch in.
Flavor: Upgrade to the latest version. You are able to teleport now.
Competitive: Porygon-Z biggest weakness is average Speed. This will give its needed Speed without locking like Scarf. Because Porygon2 and regular Porygon are defensive pokes, its not fair to only buff Porygon-Z. So I buff the defensive typing of the Porygons.
Dubious Disk: All moves with recharge effect after using the move, it no longer need to recharge.
Flavor: Dubious thing that somehow recharge you.
Competitive: Hyper Beam like moves are now usable after being useless for a long time.
See post #310 for Upgrade and Dubious Disc.

Eject Button: Everytime the opponent hits the holder with an attacking move, the holder switches out. Not one time use.
Flavor: Basically regular Eject Button, except it can be used multiple times.
Competitive: One time use is kinda bad. Why not make it a hold item?

Edit: for Magnet, I like the someone better, because Tarontos' Magnet is kinda similar to Zap Plate (both gives x1.3 power to Electric moves).

Last edited:
Light Ball: Attempts to paralyze the holder at the end of every turn (much like a Flame/Toxic Orb)
Flavor: Similar looking sprites with Toxic/Flame Orbs, Ball = Orb, said to carry a lot of electrical energy.
Competitive: Great for Quick Feet users, or slow 'mons that would appreciate facade without any HP reduction, maybe even slow Guts users.

Upgrade: Raises all stats (minus HP) by 1.2x for NFEs
Flavor: Literally 'up-grading' Pokemon. Fully-evolved Pokemon are naturally at their finals stage so they shouldn't be able to use the effects.
Competitive: Helps many offensive NFEs, not too powerful.

Dubious Disc: Extends all 'room' moves (Trick Room, Wonder Room etc.) to 8 turns.
Flavor: A Disc made to make a certain Pokemon travel across Dimensions easily. The 'Room' field effects can be interpreted as 'Dimension-bending' etc. Acts like how the Heat Rock etc. works.
Competitive: Makes Trick Room teams more viable.

I'd say I prefer the someone's for the many reasons stated already. Good luck all!

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Upgrade: If the holder is Porygon, Porygon2 or Porygon-Z, it gains a Ghost typing and Speed is raised by +1 upon switch in.
Flavor: Upgrade to the latest version. You are able to teleport now.
Competitive: Porygon-Z biggest weakness is average Speed. This will give its needed Speed without locking like Scarf. Because Porygon2 and regular Porygon are defensive pokes, its not fair to only buff Porygon-Z. So I buff the defensive typing of the Porygons.
Dubious Disk: All moves with recharge effect after using the move, it no longer need to recharge.
Flavor: Dubious thing that somehow recharge you.
Competitive: Hyper Beam like moves are now usable after being useless for a long time.
That Dubious Disk entry would get outclassed by Charcoal, so I suggest you to change it. Here's another suggestion, why don't you use your current Upgrade effect to Dubious Disk? I'm saying this because I was going to submit something very similar for Dubious Disk. It would be a type change to Ghost and an -ate ability, but I prefer your +1 Speed effect instead of more power. Dubious Disk is purple and all, and so I think it would fit even more with Ghost-typing, which is also purple.

((Sorry MegaGallade for not noticing your Cell Battery would also get outclassed earlier, but it was Tarontos who noticed it in the voting phase. :P))

Will post items later.

Light Ball
If the holder is Pichu, Pikachu or Raichu, the offenses of the holder are doubled and their speed is increased by 10%.
Reasoning: Turns Raichu, and Pika in the lower tiers, into a terrifying sweeper. Still held back by bad bulk that FakeSpeed immunes can turn into a liability.

Up-Grade (yes, that is the formatting)
If the holder is Porygon or Porygon2, their Defense and Special Defense are increased by 60%.
Reasoning: Better eviolite for the lower stages.

Dubious Disc
Increases Porygon-Z's SpA by 40%.
Reasoning: Weaker than Specs but can switch moves.

That Dubious Disk entry would get outclassed by Charcoal, so I suggest you to change it. Here's another suggestion, why don't you use your current Upgrade effect to Dubious Disk? I'm saying this because I was going to submit something very similar for Dubious Disk. It would be a type change to Ghost and an -ate ability, but I prefer your +1 Speed effect instead of more power. Dubious Disk is purple and all, and so I think it would fit even more with Ghost-typing, which is also purple.

((Sorry MegaGallade for not noticing your Cell Battery would also get outclassed earlier, but it was Tarontos who noticed it in the voting phase. :P))

Will post items later.
Oh yeah. I forgot about Charcoal when typing for Dubious Disk >_>
Actually, my original idea is to give Porygons Normal/Ghost typing, just like OU theorymon. If it become pure Ghost, its just like Reaper Cloth, but with extra power.

Okay then.

Upgrade: If the holder is Metagross or Magnezone, it gets +1 Speed and is immune to Ground type move.
Flavor: This upgrade installs levitation program.
Competitive: Porygon lines are not the only "computer" pokes, so I decided to give this effect to the other "computer" pokes. Metagross and Magnezone both are slow and get crippled by Ground moves, so I decided to buff them.

Dubious Disk: If the holder is Porygon, Porygon2 or Porygon-Z, it adds Ghost typing and Speed is raised by +1 upon switch in.
Flavor: A disk that install teleportation program to your computer.
Competitive: Porygon-Z biggest weakness is average Speed. This will give its needed Speed without locking like Scarf. Because Porygon2 and regular Porygon are defensive pokes, its not fair to only buff Porygon-Z. So I buff the defensive typing of the Porygons to Normal/Ghost.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Thanks everyone!
Now it's time to vote!

First Choice:UserX
Second Choice:UserY
Third Choice:UserZ
The First Choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. The user with most votes will have their submission added into the project itself.

NFE attack and special attack are multiplied by 1.75, if your name is pikachu or pichu your normal type moves become electric and the modifier is changed to 2.5 - Tarontos
If the holder is Electric type, it Electric type moves gets +1 priority. - Chopin Alkaninoff
Attempts to paralyze the holder at the end of every turn (much like a Flame/Toxic Orb) - MegaGallade
If the holder is Pichu, Pikachu or Raichu, the offenses of the holder are doubled and their speed is increased by 10%. - Phione
If the holder is in the Fairy egg group, their physical Normal moves become Volt Tackle. If they are not already Electric type, their second type becomes Electric. - the someone

Pokemon in the porygon line gain the ability protean ontop of any existing ability - Tarontos
If the holder is Metagross or Magnezone, it gets +1 Speed and is immune to Ground type move. - Chopin Alkaninoff
Raises all stats (minus HP) by 1.2x for NFEs - MegaGallade
If the holder is Porygon or Porygon2, their Defense and Special Defense are increased by 60%. - Phione
If the holder is part of the Porygon line, whenever it uses a Status move, it will also use a special move of the same type with x0.5 power. - the someone

the first move used when this pokemon comes out has plus one priority , can only use damaging moves--all moves used gain .25 recoil - Tarontos
If the holder is Porygon, Porygon2 or Porygon-Z, it adds Ghost typing and Speed is raised by +1 upon switch in. - Chopin Alkaninoff
Extends all 'room' moves (Trick Room, Wonder Room etc.) to 8 turns. - MegaGallade
Increases Porygon-Z's SpA by 40%. - Phione

When ever the pokemon hits with an attack it is switched out--can not use status moves or moves with increased priority - Tarontos
Everytime the opponent hits the holder with an attacking move, the holder switches out. Not one time use. - Chopin Alkaninoff
The holder's contact moves become U-Turn variants with only the type being different. - the someone

Send your votes to me via PM.

To keep this thread active in this phase, here are some questions
  • Are there any items you want to see in the next slate? Since there are only two types left, it'll be Normal next week and Grass will be last. (funny how this idea began with the Grass type)
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items?
  • What Pokemon take advantage from those items?
  • Also, my Magnet wins.
Light Ball:
Flavor: The "Pikaclones" are almost all in the Fairy egg group, and Deep Sea items have an effect based on a Pokemon's egg group, so I combined the two.
Competitive: Pretty much any physical attacker likes this in one way or another. Breloom, in specific, gets neutral damage from Flying-type attacks and a way to hurt Flying-types.

Upgrade:
Flavor: Porygon2 - "Sometimes, it may exhibit motions that were not programmed", "It may have unprogrammed reactions."
Competitive: This creates new ways of doing shenanigans with Porygon-Z. Nasty Plot activates Dark Pulse, Thunder Wave activates Thunder(/bolt), Recover activates Tri Attack or Hyper Beam, Agility activates Psychic or Psyshock, etc.

Eject Button:
Flavor: Eject Button forces a switch and so does U-Turn.
Competitive: Recommended for any teams that need momentum. Pokemon with Intimidate get a nice item to play with.

Last edited:
This week's items are mostly for Porygon lines, especially Porygon Z. If this week doesn't give a powerful boost to Porygon Z, there's actually this thing.
Pixie Plate | If the holder has a normal type the holder replaces normal with fairy, the holders normal type moves become fairy type and have their power increased by 1.3 (by Tarontos)
I know that I'm too late to discuss this because Fairy Slate was over two weeks ago. This thing turns Porygon Z into Fairy type and give it Life Orb boost. Okay, lets compare its power to two other Fairy types.

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 281-333 (73.1 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 306-360 (79.6 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 274-324 (71.3 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So you got a Fairy type that's almost as powerful as Choice Specs Sylveon but is much faster and doesn't get locked into one move. Can also boost its Speed or Special Attack with Agility or Nasty Plot.

This is just to remind you guys that if you're not satisfied with the power boost Porygon Z get from this week slate, this thing exist.

As for last week's item, there is this thing.

Raichu @ Zap Plate
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / whatever
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- filler

the someone
your upgrade
when we go through for balancing would we pick a move for each type?(
it only has 7 types of status(water,dark,psychic,poison,fire,normal,electric) but i feel we should make one for each type out of course. maybe take the base 80 or 90 power move for each type?

and some clarification on sleep talk.
right now how i think it would work is
sleeptalk is used- normal move from sleeptalk is used-
move from sleep talk is used--if status execute attack move for that type as well
am i wrong?

just a note on your eject button--moves like grass knot would remain special correct?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
The voting phase has ended! (Sorry for forgetting the title change again! And for not checking the submissions right...)
Light Ball| Tie between Chopin and me. Which submission is better in your opinion and why?
  • Chopin Alkaninoff: If the holder is Electric type, it Electric type moves gets +1 priority.
  • the someone: If the holder is in the Fairy egg group, their physical Normal moves become Volt Tackle. If they are not already Electric type, their second type becomes Electric.
Upgrade | If the holder is part of the Porygon line, whenever it uses a Status move, it will also use a special move of the same type with x0.5 power. (by the someone)
Dubious Disc | If the holder is Porygon, Porygon2 or Porygon-Z, it adds Ghost typing and Speed is raised by +1 upon switch in. (by Chopin Alkaninoff)
Eject Button | Tie between Tarontos and me. Which submission is better in your opinion and why?
  • Tarontos: When ever the pokemon hits with an attack it is switched out--can not use status moves or moves with increased priority
  • the someone: The holder's contact moves become U-Turn variants with only the type being different.

New Items for Submission:
(Note: Please try and do all if possible. Thank you.)
Normal Slate
Silk Scarf
___ Pink Bow
___ Polkadot Bow

Pure Incense

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Zap Plate is a great boost to the many Electric type physically-oriented Pokemon with sucky movepolls, but also to the specially-oriented ones. Uproar becomes a 117 BP move with 100% Acc., which is as strong as Life Orb Thunderbolt. Return is pretty nifty, especially when the likes of Zebstrika, Electivire and Incarnate Thundurus are holding the item.

Magnet pretty much gives all Pokemon with Minus/Plus Adaptability for all moves. As the only non-Electric type that gains the boost, Klinklang can deal up to 55% to 252 HP/0 SpD Mew with Flash Cannon, which is pretty impressive, but not that viable on the higher tiers. Dedenne, on the other hand, can deal up to 72.7% damage with Moonblast on top of being faster than Klinklang. But the best users are definitely Manectric and Ampharos, and choosing between them depends on wheter you want a heavy-hitter or a fast mon for your team.

Electirizer works well on defensive cores with Electric move bait. It would probably be incredible in Doubles, but since this is a Singles meta, I think this will get less usage.

Cell Battery gives many Electric types much needed recovery. Magnezone can run a defensive/bulky set and maybe even set up on trapped Steel mons with Charge, maybe defensive mons of lower tiers like Pachirisu and Stunfisk will see a raise in viability... definitely not going to OU though.

the someone
your upgrade
when we go through for balancing would we pick a move for each type?(
it only has 7 types of status(water,dark,psychic,poison,fire,normal,electric) but i feel we should make one for each type out of course. maybe take the base 80 or 90 power move for each type?
If someone wanted to run Upgrade Porygon with Toxic/Rain Dance/Sunny Day, they'd have to use Hidden Power, but I don't see why anyone would want to do that anyway. I don't plan on changing movepools.

and some clarification on sleep talk.
right now how i think it would work is
sleeptalk is used- normal move from sleeptalk is used-
move from sleep talk is used--if status execute attack move for that type as well
am i wrong?
I'm not familiar with coding, but I think it would be Sleep Talk -> Sleep Talk move -> Upgrade move.

just a note on your eject button--moves like grass knot would remain special correct?
Yeah, like Sweet Heart from the Fairy slate except priority is removed, but I was lazy write it in detail like Sweet Heart.

Silk Scarf
the pokemon holding this item loses their abilities effects-item can not be removed
Item for the three things that are ruined because of abilities but are still limited do to the required item

Pink Bow
all moves become special
this helps with mono sided attackers
notably extreem speed raiku

polkadot bow
all moves become physical
helps with monosided attaackers
notably freezedry mamoswine, scald azumaril,

Pure insence
the pokemon holding this has no type
pure==not taineted
you can't hit me super effectivly--could be useull not sure,loosing stab hurts

Chopins--the more special priority the better
the someones--his effect seems more balanced

Silk Scarf: If the holder is Normal type, its Speed is +1 upon switch in. After two turns in the field, this item is consumed.
Flavor: Choice Scarf raises Speed. That goes the same for Silk Scarf.
Competitive: This gives its much needed Speed to Diggersby, Staraptor and Braviary. They are powerful, but lacks Speed to be effective. Two turns before item used up gives you the chance to keep the effect even if something counters you, so you can use it later after it switches out.

Pink Bow: All Physical moves the holder have will not miss and goes through Substitute and Fly/Dig/Dive (not Shadow Force).
Flavor: Bow that makes you accurate.
Competitive: Kinda like No Guard, the item but Physical version. Also No Guard alone is boring, so I add Infiltrator effect.

Polkadot Bow: All Special moves the holder have will not miss and goes through Substitute and Fly/Dig/Dive (not Phantom/Shadow Force).
Flavor: Bow that makes you accurate.
Competitive: Kinda like No Guard, the item but Special version. Also No Guard alone is boring so I add Infiltrator effect.

Pure Incense: The holder's Normal type moves increase by x1.3 and hits Ghost types neutrally.
Flavor: This incense will make you clean the impure ones.
Competitive: Well, I haven't thought of anything interesting. Normal moves have bad coverage so I buff it.

For Light Ball, I prefer myself because there are no Electric type attacks that have priority.

For Eject Button, I prefer the someone because it makes you a very good pivot.

Last edited:
Pure Incense: Holder is immune to status, but defenses are cut by 25% and prevents offense boosts.
Flavor: Keeps the holder "pure", untainted by status, but pure things are often portrayed as weak
Competitive: A risk vs. reward item that provides walls coveted immunity to status, but weakens defenses directly, making it harder to take a hit. Can also help attackers by preventing burns, but at the cost of not being able to set up. Passes would still work.

Pure Incense: Removes any secondary typing of the holder.
Justification: The word 'Pure' means a lack of anything else.
Competitive: Many Pokemon lose or have a lack of benefits from their secondary typing.

EDIT:
Pink Bow: If this item is knocked off and the holder is female, the Pokemon that knocked it off is immobile for 1 turn and the bow comes back to the holder.
Justification: Pink Bows are stereotypically for females. If someone knocks it off the knock-off-er will feel sorry and will hand back the bow.
Competitive: Great to stop any Knock Off spammers in their tracks.

Polkadot Bow: If this item is knocked off and the holder is male, the Pokemon that knocked it off is immobile for 1 turn and the bow comes back to the holder.
Justification: Pink Bows are stereotypically for females, but we can't leave out males, right? So thus, the Polkadot Bow is a male version of the Pink Bow- I'd say think of it as more of a Polkadot Bow Tie. Anyways, same justification as before.
Competitive: Great to stop any Knock Off spammers in their tracks.

Last edited:
I don't even slightly understand the winning Upgrade entry's intended behavior. Use a Status move and immediately follow it up with... what, exactly, that is half strength?

Pure Incense: The holder cannot be Poisoned or Badly Poisoned, and is immune to Poison-typed moves.
Flavor: Purity!
Competitive: Obnoxiously good for Fairy walls.

Not sure if I'll get to the other items. It's really hard to come up with anything the three of them...

I agree with Ghoul King here, the 'Upgrade' item description doesn't give much detail...
Upgrade | If the holder is part of the Porygon line, whenever it uses a Status move, it will also use a special move of the same type with x0.5 power. (by the someone)
Status moves don't deal any damage, so will the same-type special move deal 0 damage? Or will it use a ramdom move of the same type? Or a move in its moveset of the same type?

I prefer Tarontos' Eject Button submission imo, the other one seems slightly broken with moves like Close Combat etc.
I also prefer Chopin's Light Ball submission although I think mine was the best, as the other is slightly over-complicated, albeit less broken.

Upgrade:
Flavor: Porygon2 - "Sometimes, it may exhibit motions that were not programmed", "It may have unprogrammed reactions."
Competitive: This creates new ways of doing shenanigans with Porygon-Z. Nasty Plot activates Dark Pulse, Thunder Wave activates Thunder(/bolt), Recover activates Tri Attack or Hyper Beam, Agility activates Psychic or Psyshock, etc.
I think you basically said "everytime Porygon-Z (or any Porygon) uses a status move, it uses a random attacking move of its type that it can learn with x0.5 power."

So basically if Porygon-Z used:

Thunder Wave or Magnet Rise, it will use Thunder, Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Discharge, Electroweb, Shock Wave or Hidden Power Electric

Agility (or any Psychic type status), it will use Dream Eater, Psybeam, Psychic, Psyshock, Zen Headbutt or HP Psychic

Recover (or any Normal type status), it will use Double-Edge, Facade, Frustration, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Last Resort, Return, Round, Secret Power, Snore, Tri Attack or Uproar.

Nasty Plot or Embargo, it will use Dark Pulse, Foul Play, Thief or HP Dark

Sunny Day, it will use HP Fire

Rain Dance, it will use HP Water

Toxic, it will use HP Poison

Nightmare, it will use Shadow Ball or HP Ghost.

Silk Scarf-If the holder is of the normal type all moves that hit it hit with x0.7 base power
Justification-Silk is soft, softness=protection
Competitive-Having a Silk Scarf puts life back into mons like Bibarrel and Ratticate who otherwise get OHKO'ed

Pink Bow-If the holder is colored 95% Pink all STAB-moves have their base power increased x2.0
Justification-Pink bow takes the essence of the pink and elevates it?
Competitive-There aren't many Pokemon that meet the requirements, but those that do, like Clefable, see a serious boost.

Polkadot Bow-If the holder has 95% of their coloration taken up by only 2 colors all STAB-moves have their base power increased x1.5
Justification-Polka dots have 2 colors-this bow makes the pair of colors shine bright.
Competitive-There aren't many Pokemon that meet the requirements, but those that do, like Blitzle, see a serious boost.

Pure Insence-If the holder is of pure Psychic type all Dark and Ghost-type moves hit with x0.5 base power
Justification-Psychic is the closest type to Light, therefore a pure insence, helping the pure Light, would aid vulnerability to darker types.
Competitive-This would greatly aid psychic types in their defensive capabilities.

*Items have been altered due to their broken-ness

Last edited:
I would like to point out that Silk Scarf Blissey would directly replace Eviolite Chansey.

The color-based ones are also pretty subjective/horrifying, honestly.

... the Pure Incense is pretty horrifying, for that matter. Pure Psychic types suddenly have two immunities? They're immune to Knock Off? They're only weak to Bug? I mean, yeah, it eats an item slot and several pure Psychic types are more interested in other items (eg Choice Scarf for Gothitelle), but then there's Pure Incense Mew, Pure Incense Mewtwo, arguably Pure Incense Cresellia, and Pure Incense Deoxys Attack would honestly be a nasty surprise. Immunity to Knock Off and Sucker Punch is huge.

I mean I like the idea of helping Alakazam, but I doubt it would happen. (Espeon is basically better than it in every way that matters, anyway, and would also be cruel with Pure Incense)

I would like to point out that Silk Scarf Blissey would directly replace Eviolite Chansey.

The color-based ones are also pretty subjective/horrifying, honestly.

... the Pure Incense is pretty horrifying, for that matter. Pure Psychic types suddenly have two immunities? They're immune to Knock Off? They're only weak to Bug? I mean, yeah, it eats an item slot and several pure Psychic types are more interested in other items (eg Choice Scarf for Gothitelle), but then there's Pure Incense Mew, Pure Incense Mewtwo, arguably Pure Incense Cresellia, and Pure Incense Deoxys Attack would honestly be a nasty surprise. Immunity to Knock Off and Sucker Punch is huge.

I mean I like the idea of helping Alakazam, but I doubt it would happen. (Espeon is basically better than it in every way that matters, anyway, and would also be cruel with Pure Incense)
In defense of the color-base items, I'd just like to point out that the amount of mons that can actually use them are severely limited. The only mon that I can see using the Pink Bow is Clefable, and even then, Clefable likes to stall much more than attack. The Polka-Dot Bow is easier to use, but still hard to find a mon for and doesn't help nearly as much as the Pink Bow. As for the Pure Incense, I'd like to point out that a lot of Psychic mons are usually reasonably fragile, and don't require a Dark/Ghost move to do them in.

In defense of the color-base items, I'd just like to point out that the amount of mons that can actually use them are severely limited. The only mon that I can see using the Pink Bow is Clefable, and even then, Clefable likes to stall much more than attack. The Polka-Dot Bow is easier to use, but still hard to find a mon for and doesn't help nearly as much as the Pink Bow. As for the Pure Incense, I'd like to point out that a lot of Psychic mons are usually reasonably fragile, and don't require a Dark/Ghost move to do them in.
Tell that to Unaware + Calm Mind, Magic Guard + Calm Mind, and Tank-Fable sets. Each of them basically would start out at +3, and that thing is already S rank in OU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)