Now Playing 2: The Return of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Fuck that Opeth song rules.

Mostly Autumn - Dreaming.

Gonna see their christmas show again this year, it'll be wicked. Folk prog rock with some christmas tunes thrown in as well (they have a christmas ep.)

Also if anyone can hook me up with The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God

The Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez

I haven't heard of this band until recently, they are phenomenal. The whole album this song is on, Frances the Mute, is amazing.

Dream Theater - Finally Free

Definitely the most epic song off Scenes From a Memory - ties up the story neatly and powerfully.

Sole survivor
No witness to the crime
I must act fast to cover up
I think that there's still time

He'd seem hopeless and lost with this note
They'll buy into the words that I wrote

Atelier Iris-Deceitful Wings

Really good guitars and just one of the best songs in the world, even though there's nobody singing.

Judgement by Anathema

I coincidentally picked this band up when I was searching for some calmer rock. Funnily enough, they used to a fairly successful doom/death metal band but switched their style into atmospheric rock. Really easy to listen to but the transformation might be hard if you actually enjoyed their production before the change of style.

Judgement still maintains a bit of a metal touch in it because the tempo is a lot faster than in most of their newer songs. Lacks the atmosphere but makes up for it in terms of being really good music.

8.5/10

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dream Theater - Finally Free

Definitely the most epic song off Scenes From a Memory
I found Home better. It seemed sort of like a stand-alone compared to the rest of the album though. The whole album was excellent with Overture 1928, Home and Dance of Eternity being the pick for me.

np:Homesick for Space - Skeletons on The Sill

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Judgement by Anathema

I coincidentally picked this band up when I was searching for some calmer rock. Funnily enough, they used to a fairly successful doom/death metal band but switched their style into atmospheric rock. Really easy to listen to but the transformation might be hard if you actually enjoyed their production before the change of style.

Judgement still maintains a bit of a metal touch in it because the tempo is a lot faster than in most of their newer songs. Lacks the atmosphere but makes up for it in terms of being really good music.

8.5/10
FUCK

YES

SOMEONE KNOWS ANATHEMA

THANK GOD

OH

I LOVE YOU

(anathema is like my favourite band god I love these guys)

Their later stuff is better. Vinnie didn't do the growls well and besides it's just slow and boring. Their prog rock meets Radiohead mode is such a winner.

Rammstein - Tier

it's Rammstein

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Billy Joel - Movin Out

working too hard can give you a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack~

New Kids On The Block ft. Ne-Yo - Single

He don't tell you that your beautiful (beautiful)
Let me tell it to you to the beat
He don't tell you that he loves you girl (loves you girl)
Let me sing it in a harmony

"But The NUNS Are Watching..." by I Set My Friends On Fire.

I love this song! A fun blend of screamo, melodic hardcore, pop-punk, and electronica.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Linkin Park - Crawling

CRAWLING in my skin.
These wounds
They will
Not heal.
Fear is how I fall.
Confusing
What is
Real.

FUCK

YES

SOMEONE KNOWS ANATHEMA

THANK GOD

OH

I LOVE YOU
Anathema is really great. Their music is something I'd like to listen to a lot more but haven't had the urge yet. Should I get their latest album, Hindsight was it? I want to get into this band more because I really haven't even checked out their lyrical meanings, etc.

Altmer said:
Brand New - Guernica

First spin of Deja Entendu. I'm rather digging it.
I've always preferred The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me to Deja Entendu but Guernica is an awesome song - probably the best one on the whole album. I love the angst-ridden-like vocals and how they keep their musical aspect so simple, yet so effective.

Warmachines by Daturah

Daturah is a definite new favorite in terms of post-rock. Their music lacks emotion so much that it makes it stand out. I mean, I can listen to stuff like GIAA or Mogwai and have feelings of joy or sadness while listening to them. But the music Daturah makes, it's just neutral sounds in my head. Most of their musical compositions are way over ten minutes long (Warmachines, a whopping 16 minutes) and they've managed create such a personification of nothingness almost in each one. Yet, describing their music as bland or boring is just not right.

Warmachines uses the basic distorted guitars of post-rock really well and the static sound of them combined with a background melody overtakes anything else you might need to concentrate on. Because the song is so outrageously long, I could type about a full essay because of the different elements it has. I won't though.

9/10

I found Home better. It seemed sort of like a stand-alone compared to the rest of the album though. The whole album was excellent with Overture 1928, Home and Dance of Eternity being the pick for me.

np:Homesick for Space - Skeletons on The Sill
Haha, yeah, the instrumentals are really good too.

np: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking the Girl

Independent Women-Destiny's Child.

Takes me back to 6th grade. One of the many reasons I listen to semi-vintage Pop songs. Nostalgia is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)