Now Playing 2: The Return of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
megadeth - five magics

the guitar solos are insane, and I don't mean like wOw InSaNe, it's like they are the product of Dave Mustaine being a fucking crazy man. This whole song is heavy, but flows real well at the same time and you don't know if the guitar leads are the result of sloppy playing or just strange because of all the exterraneous notes that are somehow in there; it's like reading a really long runon sentence that is technically grammatically correct but causes you to look at it strange because nobody writes sentences stupidly like that and gets away with it. Megadeth is the only band I know that can do shit like that
good shit

Immortal Technique - Dance with the Devil

classic

Thin Lizzy - Emerald

These guys are the earliest pioneers of the duel guitar lead technique. They have some of the best guitar solos of anywhere I've heard. Jailbreak is also a massive album. To anybody into metal/hard rock, I would recommend trying them out

Bear vs. Shark - Catamaran

Man this song is amazing.
It really is. Their best song, no doubts about that.

So Strange I Remember You by Thrice

From Illusion Of Safety, which is older Thrice. I enjoy their older and newer stuff because they've stayed in the similar music style for years even though their latest albums have shifted into a lighter concept. So Strange I Remember You is probably their most versatile track throughout their musical career. A slow acoustic starting riff, which proceeds into crashing drums and hardcore-ish tempo, finalized by an outstanding lead guitar. Definitely good music and the elite of post-hardcore.

10/10

Arctic Monkeys- A Certain Romance

Release your new album Monkeys! Everyone that I know fucking loves them. This band is just something special.

Porcupine Tree - arriving somewhere but not here

oh man, i love both the vague lyrics and the stupidly good riff and guitar solo. porcupine tree is a great band and I'm glad i'm slowly getting addicted to them.

A Curse And A Coyote by Marmaduke Duke

When Biffy Clyro isn't enough, try Marmaduke Duke. They've got only one concept album out so far but it's great. Mainly acoustic rock with vocals ranging from screaming to whispering. I seriously hope they make more music.

7/10

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Anathema - Fragile Dreams

Maybe I always knew
my fragile dreams would be broken
for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)