Post about YABO's post
Cased quoting omfuga talking shit on skype

Page 5: http://puu.sh/m4P7D/2f707b37a6.png

Nothing

Page 6: http://puu.sh/m4Ph0/39d9658c55.png

Dumb one liner
Edgy callout post
Edgy callout post

People sure enjoy making up bullshit when things aren't going their way. If you are going to call out someone, at least have the decency of not being completely uniformed.

And since people enjoy transparency: I infracted that post.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At the risk of sounding bitter, I'm confused as to why only a simple majority was required for unbanning Crawdaunt. When changing the status quo in tiering decisions, isn't a 60% supermajority required?

Admittedly I've been out of tiering stuff for a while so i may be barking up the wrong tree.

At the risk of sounding bitter, I'm confused as to why only a simple majority was required for unbanning Crawdaunt. When changing the status quo in tiering decisions, isn't a 60% supermajority required?

Admittedly I've been out of tiering stuff for a while so i may be barking up the wrong tree.
Both MPidge and Victini were simple majority votes as well. I'd go looking for Serperior as well, but whatever.

As for the Lobster, time for same slow process that Gatr went through for a lot of people to realize it isn't the world slaying beast they believe it is. Personally, I'll probably stick to using Gatr.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Every UU suspect since the tier moved to public tests rather than council votes has been a 51% majority required. Can't speak as to why this differs from OU tests, but it has consistently been the case for UU this gen.

If you count only the 108 votes that actually went through before hikari's post daunt is at exactly 60.1% unban.

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm interested to see how stall will adapt over the long run. I don't think offense/balance will have as much trouble with Crawdaunt. Whenever I made balanced/offensive teams during the test, I ended up including Crawdaunt checks almost by accident simply because a lot of the Pokemon that offense and balance can use to check Crawdaunt are useful in other ways, and other balanced/offense teams I saw didn't feel super weak to it either. Stall seemed to have the most trouble in my experience (though it definitely seemed to have viable answers that were useful in their own right outside the necessity of dealing with Crawdaunt), but I haven't really tried playing stall, so maybe someone more familiar with the archetype would have a better idea of how the drop will affect stall in particular.

Free Victini!!!!!

So this isn't just a free tini post, one hidden gem I've found during the test is in CM Mixed Diancie.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Diamond Storm / Earth Power

I've found it to be a good set-up sweeper as well as a good breaker of Offensive teams once it gets a cm up. Its nice bulk allows it to set-up on things such as Non Iron-Tail Salamence, Chandelure, Mega Houndoom, Crobat, Froslass, Mega-Absol, which most other CM-ers find trouble setting up on. Moonblast and Diamond Storm are powerful STABs in this meta, as it hits 3 of our 4 S-Ranks as well as nearly half of A+ as well. With Sub, it can't get revenged by things such as Daunt, BP Machamp, Mega-Bee, while OHKO-ing in return.

+1 252+ SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 324-384 (89 - 105.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 434-512 (160.1 - 188.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Crawdaunt: 458-540 (170.8 - 201.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Earth Power can also whack most steel types and fairy resists, but I find Diamond Storm better in most situations.
All-in-all, It is a pretty good mon right now.

We'll probably see a lot more Chesnaught, Poliwrath, and maybe even Amoonguss on stall teams. The answers to it do exist, they're just more specific. The question that interests me more is whether or not Crawdaunt will actually run Aerial Ace or other specific options more routinely now than it did before.

Also, I was pretty torn on Crawdaunt this whole suspect, which is why I never really made any effort to get reqs and whatnot. I think it's somewhat easy to check on offense, but that balance and stall often have trouble with it. As a balance player, I do think that there are a lot of offensive checks (Hydreigon, Cobalion, Zapdos, Heliolisk), but that it can be incredibly hard to switch into. In that regard, it's about as scary as this tier's other slow wallbreakers (Mamoswine, Heracross, Specs Chandelure, etc.), and in my opinion, is not as scary as Feraligatr, whose typing arguably makes its Dragon Dance set (which actually reaches better Speed benchmarks) more difficult to revenge-kill. Still, Daunt's raw power makes it a controversial Pokemon by default, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the metagame evolves from here.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm really enjoying Toxicroak right now on balanced offense especially because it not only hard checks Crawdaunt but Crawdaunt itself is an excellent teammate to plow through Doublade, fat Ground types like Swampert, Donphan, and Gligar and fat Psychics like Slowking, Cress and Reuniclus while Croak deals with Chesnaught, arguably Daunt's hardest viable counter in the tier.

WHOO-HOO CRAWDAUNT IS FREE!!!
So now that arguably the most devastating wallbreaker of XY UU is back, I think I'll give it a whirl on one of my teams. I'm thinking of a sort of HO team similar to one you'd see Mega Sharpedo on, but with Crawdaunt instead. Since this frees up my Mega slot, I'll now have to decide what to replace with a new Mega. Any suggestions?

So naturally, Crawdaunt is going to give Mega Sharpie a lot of competition for a team slot. While it's much slower, it has better physical bulk and hits stupidly hard with Adaptability-boosted Crabhammer. Oh yeah, and it can use Aqua Jet to make up for his shitty Speed and Knock Off to remove Leftovers from pesky walls. Not to mention it frees up your Mega slot so you can use a different Pokémon like Mega Sceptile or Aerodactyl. So yeah, RIP Mega Sharpedo.

WHOO-HOO CRAWDAUNT IS FREE!!!
So now that arguably the most devastating wallbreaker of XY UU is back, I think I'll give it a whirl on one of my teams. I'm thinking of a sort of HO team similar to one you'd see Mega Sharpedo on, but with Crawdaunt instead. Since this frees up my Mega slot, I'll now have to decide what to replace with a new Mega. Any suggestions?

So naturally, Crawdaunt is going to give Mega Sharpie a lot of competition for a team slot. While it's much slower, it has better physical bulk and hits stupidly hard with Adaptability-boosted Crabhammer. Oh yeah, and it can use Aqua Jet to make up for his shitty Speed and Knock Off to remove Leftovers from pesky walls. Not to mention it frees up your Mega slot so you can use a different Pokémon like Mega Sceptile or Aerodactyl. So yeah, RIP Mega Sharpedo.
Mega-Sharpedo didn't really grow any worse with Daunt back to the point that I still consider Sharp>Daunt in most situations since even though more physical bulk is nice, Good speed, versatility, better SpA, and more overall bulk make Sharp better. The only ways that Daunt is better than sharp are obvious, hitting much harder and the lack of a mega-slot are always nice, but speed>power in my personal opinion. Even so, their niches are totally different as Daunt is a frail, but devastating wallbreaker while Sharp is a great late game cleaner and sweeper.

Has anyone felt that there's an increase of Chesnaught and Tangrowth on the UnderUsed ladder? I haven't been laddering seriously for most of the month (and for the suspect test for that matter), but I assume that the official reintroduction of Crawdaunt would lead to an increase in both.

And bump.

Maybe it's just where I'm at (chilling around the 1400s), but I surprisingly haven't seen any notable increase in the usage of Chesnaught, and I still don't see nearly enough Tangrowth. Again, maybe I'm just too low to see these guys running around, but I haven't seen nearly as much Defensive Grass-types as you'd expect. I did see an Amoonguss the other day, but it was the only one I've seen in a long while. I have seen ridiculous numbers of Whimsicotts on the ladder, and I also feel like Roserade has become more common. Let me know what you guys think.

Seconding the bump.

Less than after a month that Crawdaunt is unbanned, and surprise, it's looking like were getting the Gyarados set, mega and all. Unless I'm forgetting something major, usage looks like it'll be low enough for a quick drop. Which means yay, hell on uu.

It might be a few hours too early, but what are people's opinions regarding the flying water lizard thing as to how it might perform here?

(mods I'll delete this if you want me to, I needed something to do. n_n)

Reactions: nv
Less than after a month that Crawdaunt is unbanned, and surprise, it's looking like were getting the Gyarados set, mega and all. Unless I'm forgetting something major, usage looks like it'll be low enough for a quick drop. Which means yay, hell on uu.

It might be a few hours too early, but what are people's opinions regarding the flying water lizard thing as to how it might perform here?

(mods I'll delete this if you want me to, I needed something to do. n_n)
You serious? They're dropping Gyrados down here now? o_O Where's the list for this, I really need to see it now.

Last months usage was .2% above cutoff or something close, and it's been dropping from what I can tell. Unless I'm really really blind and missed something.

Like an extra zero.

I can see Gyaradosite getting the boot if Gyarados does fall. People are still scared shitless of Feraligatr, Mega Shrimp is faster, bulkier, only very slightly weaker with its Water coverage, but makes up for it with a stronger Earthquake and Crunch.

Jesus fucking Christ. We're about to drop "Bulky" from our being Bulky Water: The Tier: The Movie. How many fucking threatening Water-types do we have already? inb4 Craw/Shark/Shrimp teams for hilarious Water/Dark shenanigans.

I can see Gyaradosite getting the boot if Gyarados does fall. People are still scared shitless of Feraligatr, Mega Shrimp is faster, bulkier, only very slightly weaker with its Water coverage, but makes up for it with a stronger Earthquake and Crunch.

Jesus fucking Christ. We're about to drop "Bulky" from our being Bulky Water: The Tier: The Movie. How many fucking threatening Water-types do we have already? inb4 Craw/Shark/Shrimp teams for hilarious Water/Dark shenanigans.
Don't forget the sequel; Bulky Water Returns; Part Two.

We have next to no fast grasses to handle this outside of maybe Scarf Shaymin. Soon, maybe mono-Water will be viable.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Don't forget the sequel; Bulky Water Returns; Part Two.

We have next to no fast grasses to handle this outside of maybe Scarf Shaymin. Soon, maybe mono-Water will be viable.
No fast grasses except for literally the fastest grass type in the game...seriously why do you people sleep on mega sceptile. Hell we also have Whimsicott, another very fast grass type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)