NU Warstory: Down to the Wire

In the absence of an NU ladder (which it very much needs), myself and a good number of others have been hitting up the NU Find Tab for friendly matches. Here is a particularly good one between myself and 123abc aka Luphrous.

NU WARSTORY: DOWN TO THE WIRE

This match was played with standard rules, that is, Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Soul Dew Clause, Species Clause and Timed Battle.

Teams will be revealed as the story unfolds, nicknames and genders have been removed, all pokemon are level 100.
Comments from myself (underDawg/VoiceOfReason) will be in red.
Comments from Luphrous (123abc) will be in green.

123abc sent out Raticate.

VoiceOfReason sent out Linoone.

Linoone at 100%
Raticate at 100%
---

So here we go! Having underestimated a lead Raticate before, I know that it can use Protect to activate Guts and therefore scout my move. My Linoone carries a Choice Band with Extremespeed, Shadow Claw, Trick and Bellydrum. I expect him to use Protect and so I switch to Solrock.

The match begins, and I find myself up against a Linoone. I try to recall what Linoone can do, but the only things that come to mind are Trick, ExtremeSpeed, and lack of Fighting moves. I’m not sure what to do here, but I know from experience when you aren’t sure what to do, it’s often better to just U-Turn out and see what happens.

---
VoiceOfReason switched in Solrock.

Raticate used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Solrock lost 40% of its health.
123abc switched in Gligar.

Solrock at 60%
Gligar at 100%
---

Well that hurt, outpredicted already! Seeing as Gligar is not a lead he probably won't carry Taunt or a move that can hurt me so I go for Trick Room.

I’m happy to see that he switched, and that U-Turn manages to take a chunk out of Solrock. Again I’m unsure what Solrock might do, but I do know two things about Solrock: They often set up SR, and they can’t take down Gligar.

---
Gligar used Taunt.
Solrock fell for the taunt!
Solrock used Trick Room.
Solrock can't use Trick Room after the taunt!

Solrock at 60%
Gligar at 100%
---

Foiled again! OK seeing as I can't Trick Room and don't want to Explode just yet, I'll have to switch to Clamperl, who has sufficient defence not to get hurt by any of Gligar's moves, including Taunt.

Very interesting. I certainly didn’t expect TR(especially not with the Linoone lead). However the sight of Trick Room actually gives me some confidence at this point: My team carries 4 taunters, and so at this point my plan is to just keep him from setting up TR, and wear him down with my faster team. A simple plan, but very possible.
In the meantime however, I’ve got a free turn on my hands. A perfect opportunity to set up SR.

---
VoiceOfReason switched in Clamperl.

Gligar used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

Clamperl at 100%
Gligar at 100%
---

And so while Gligar gets his rocks off, Clamperl comes in unharmed. Seeing as he might expect an Ice Beam, I'll smack him with a super-powerful STAB Surf!

My opponent switches in Clamperl, revealing one of his TR sweepers. I’ve got to switch obviously, and who better to go to than Poliwrath, immune to Surf and resists Ice Beam.

---
123abc switched in Poliwrath.

Clamperl used Surf.

Clamperl at 100%
Poliwrath at 100%
---

I just can't get a move off here! Getting outpredicted so many times I feel like I'm losing hope! OK well seeing as Poliwrath generally carries moves like Sub, Waterfall, Focus Punch and Ice Punch, I'll dent him hard with HP Grass and at least take out his Substitute.

With Poliwrath safely in, I take a look at my options. I suspect a switch, so my best options are probably Brick Break, Waterfall, or Hypnosis. BB hits Clamperl the hardest, and would KO Linoone, but for that very reason I decide not to use it, as his switch in is almost guaranteed to resist it. That leaves me with Waterfall and Hypnosis. I opt to use Hypnosis, seeing as he’s switching and a miss won’t hurt me. That and if I overpredict and he stays in, hopefully I can hit and not get punished for my overprediction.

---
Poliwrath used Hypnosis.
Poliwrath's attack missed!
Clamperl used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Poliwrath lost 66% of its health.
Poliwrath's leftovers restored its health a little!
Poliwrath restored 6% of its health.

Clamperl at 100%
Poliwrath at 40%
---

Phew! That was a sizable chunk of health right there! I didn't think that Poliwrath carried Hypnosis these days with its horribly unreliable accuracy. Nevertheless, I think I can expect another one and so I'll switch in some Insomnia! Go Banette!

And the worst possible thing happens…not only did I overpredict, but Hypnosis misses, and he hits Poliwrath hard with what I presume is HP Grass. I’m a little annoyed now, as I genuinely expected a switch, not to mention that losing two thirds of my health to a clam was not part of the ‘Prevent TR and wear him down’ plan. I’m supposed to be controlling this match, but he’s the one doing the damage.
BB won’t OHKO, and so I decide to take my chances with another Hypnosis.

---
VoiceOfReason switched in Banette.

Pointed stones dug into Banette.
Banette lost 12% of its health.
Poliwrath used Hypnosis.
Poliwrath's attack missed!
Poliwrath's leftovers restored its health a little!
Poliwrath restored 6% of its health.

Banette at 87%
Poliwrath at 46%
---

Well that's irony, and indeed testament to Hypnosis' inaccuracy! The Pokemon that can't be slept gets MISSED by the sleep inducing move... Poliwrath can't hurt me badly and so I'll set up Trick Room ASAP!

Instead Banette comes in with his Sleep Immunity. I curse Hypnosis for missing the first time, and then try to decide what to do next. I’m not sure if Poliwrath could OHKO him if he tries to set up TR, but I also fear he could burn me…with the thought of a possible burn in mind (my team HATES status, especially burn) I decide to switch to my status absorber, Raticate, who also happens to be able to threaten Banette with a SE Sucker Punch should he use TR.

---
123abc switched in Raticate.
Banette used Trick Room.
Banette twisted the dimensions!
Raticate was burned!

Banette at 87%
Raticate at 100%
---

I'm fairly sure from previous experience that the only attack Raticate can hit me hard with is Sucker Punch - and none of my attacks will help in this case, so it's time for a switch. I'll throw in Clamperl who can withstand a hit and then take massive advantage from Trick Room.

Unfortunately he uses TR (which again is not part of my original plan…). Raticate is in freely however, and I decide to try and Sucker Punch, hoping for a quick KO.

---
Pointed stones dug into Clamperl.
Clamperl lost 12% of its health.
Raticate used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!
Raticate was hurt by its burn!
Raticate lost 12% of its health.

Clamperl at 87%
Raticate at 87%
---

Got in there nicely! Now 123abc will probably think I expect another Poliwrath switch in. So lets spam Surf and call his bluff!

Instead Clamperl switches in. In hindsight I realize U-Turn would have probably been a better move to use seeing as Banette really can’t do anything to Raticate, but sadly that thought never occurred to me in battle.
Now I realize that I’m in quite a bind. Despite carrying 4 taunters, I’ve allowed him to set up TR, and now his first sweeper is set to cause some pain. Luckily my team has two powerful priority users, and so I decide I’m going to have to sacrifice Raticate in order to begin wearing down Clamperl.

---
Raticate used Sucker Punch.
Clamperl lost 40% of its health.
Clamperl used Surf.
Raticate lost 126% of its health.
123abc's Raticate fainted.

Clamperl at 47%
Raticate at 0%

Score: 6-5 to VoiceOfReason!
---

There we go, first KO of the match, got rid of that pesky and underrated Raticate! Clamperl is a beast!

Now to bring in my next priority user and finish him off or at least scare him off.

---
123abc switched in Skuntank.

Clamperl at 47%
Skuntank at 100%
---

OK I can probably expect another Sucker Punch here, and seeing as how much damage Raticate did without STAB I'm not going to sit around and let Clamperl be suckered to his doom. In goes Rhydon who seriously threatens Skuntank.

---
VoiceOfReason switched in Rhydon.

Pointed stones dug into Rhydon.
Rhydon lost 6% of its health.
Skuntank used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!

Rhydon at 94%
Skuntank at 100%
---

Successful switch. Now Skuntank can't hurt me and will definitely switch out, expecting an Earthquake. Chances are it will be Gligar coming in to dodge above it, so I'll whack it with a Stone Edge.

Scare him off it is. But now I face down the mighty Rhydon. Fearing a STAB EQ, I retreat to my physical wall, Gligar.

---
Rhydon used Stone Edge.
Gligar lost 57% of its health.
Rhydon lost 10% of its health.
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!
Gligar's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gligar restored 6% of its health.

Rhydon at 84%
Gligar at 49%
---

Brilliant! My Rhydon is actually a tricky fella, and carries a lot of Speed so he can sometimes Rock Polish sweep on the last turn of Trick Room. Without looking up Speeds, I take the chance that Gligar is slower or doesn't Roost and see if I can knock it out.

Gligar takes more than I would have hoped for, but luckily TR runs out just in the nick of time for me. Now I need to Roost and pray that he uses SE again.

---
Gligar used Roost.
Gligar restored 50% of its health.
Rhydon used Stone Edge.
It's not very effective...
Gligar lost 28% of its health.
Rhydon lost 10% of its health.

Rhydon at 74%
Gligar at 77%
---

Agh now that is frustrating. I should have at least looked up the speeds and probably predicted a Roost thus using Earthquake. Oh well, no point staying in here, he will probably hit me with his own STAB Earthquake so time to switch to Linoone who can probably take at least one.

I’m in good health again, and predicting he might switch now that he sees he’s fighting a loosing battle, I EQ.

---
VoiceOfReason switched in Linoone.
Pointed stones dug into Linoone.
Linoone lost 12% of its health.
Gligar used Earthquake.
Linoone lost 50% of its health.

Linoone at 37%
Gligar at 83%
---

Right-oh, I'm in. I'll Trick my Choice Band to get Gligar stuck on a move or maybe a new switchin, perhaps allowing me to eventually get another Trick Room set up.

I catch Linoone on the switch, albeit I was hoping to do a bit more damage. The switch to Linoone confirms in my original thought that he carried Trick, and I switch to Poliwrath to take a Band/Scarf and threaten with BB.

---
123abc switched in Poliwrath.
Linoone used Trick.
Linoone obtained Leftovers!
Poliwrath obtained Choice Band!
Linoone's leftovers restored its health a little!
Linoone restored 6% of its health.

Linoone at 37%
Poliwrath at 52%
---

So Poliwrath now has a Choice Band. I doubt a CB-less Extremespeed would KO, so time to sacrifice Banette to the likely Waterfall or Ice Punch.

Poliwrath takes the CB, and so now I must decide what move to use. BB is SE, but Waterfall would also KO Linoone at this point, and it can hit his possible Banette switch in.

---
VoiceOfReason switched in Banette.
Pointed stones dug into Banette.
Banette lost 12% of its health.
Poliwrath used Waterfall.
Banette lost 88% of its health.
VoiceOfReason's Banette fainted.

Banette at 0%
Poliwrath at 52%

Score: 5-5 all tied!
---

With Poliwrath locked into Waterfall, Clamperl can hopefully survive just one and KO with Hidden Power.

I predict correctly, and down goes Banette. I expect Clamperl to come in now, and I decide to do as much damage as possible with Poliwrath before going down.

---
Poliwrath used Waterfall.
It's not very effective...
Clamperl lost 34% of its health.
Clamperl used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Poliwrath lost 76% of its health.
123abc's Poliwrath fainted.

Clamperl at 1%
Poliwrath at 0%

Score: 5-4 to VoiceOfReason!
---

Wow that was close! I didn't realise that I would be so close to dead, and 123abc must have been hoping for a little more damage.

To my dismay, Clamperl barely hangs on. I decide to finish off Clamperl with Gligar, who carries Taunt and walls every ‘mon I’ve seen so far.

---

Clamperl at 1%
Gligar at 83%
---

Clamperl hangs on by a thread and I expect an Earthquake from Gligar to finish off Clamperl who would otherwise OHKO with Ice Beam or Surf. I can quickly switch Solrock back in and avoid the Quake, while leaving Clamperl free for a later sacrifice.

---
Pointed stones dug into Solrock.
Solrock lost 12% of its health.
Solrock makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Gligar used Earthquake.
Gligar's attack missed!

Solrock at 48%
Gligar at 89%
---

Having seen that pay off, I should imagine 123abc expects a desperate Trick Room attempt and so will Taunt, leaving me free to get Wailord in and threaten.

I try to finish off Clamperl, but instead he saves it to sacrifice later on. Out comes Solrock, and immediately I click the Taunt button.

---
VoiceOfReason switched in Wailord.

Pointed stones dug into Wailord.
Wailord lost 12% of its health.
Gligar used Taunt.
Wailord fell for the taunt!

Wailord at 87%
Gligar at 95%
---

Once again my prediction pays off. I decide to hit Gligar or the switch with an Ice Beam, as my opponent might predict a Water Spout and Earthquake in order to drastically reduce its power.

His last sweeper is revealed, and unfortunately for me it’s something that is able to destroy Gligar. I want Gligar around as he beats the rest of my opponent’s team, so I now must decide who to switch in to Wailord. I don’t want to risk switching Skuntank into a Water Spout as I feel his Sucker Punch could be helpful should I allow another TR to be set up. I have an unrevealed Grumpig, but I’m not sure how much Water Spout does to him so again I don’t want to risk him. Thusly I decide to sacrifice Tauros. Despite Tauros being my hardest hitter, I fear my opponent could let me kill something with him and then switch in Solrock, who my Tauros would have trouble hitting, allowing him to set up TR yet again.

---
123abc switched in Tauros.

Tauros's intimidate cut Wailord's attack!
Wailord used Ice Beam.
Tauros lost 68% of its health.
Wailord lost 10% of its health.

Wailord at 77%
Tauros at 32%
---

Tauros comes out and gets badly maimed, but still poses a serious threat to the rest of my team. He can at least 2HKO the remainder, and so it's time to sacrifice Clamperl so either Rhydon can come in unharmed and KO back or Linoone can get an un-Intimidated Extremespeed. I now wish I hadn’t overpredicted and just stuck with Water Spout!

Instead he uses Ice Beam, and I find myself with Tauros still alive. Fearing that he’ll sacrifice a ‘mon to get Solrock in safely, I switch to Skuntank, who can Taunt Solrock.

---
VoiceOfReason's Clamperl fainted.

Clamperl at 0%
Skuntank at 100%

Score: 4-4!
---

123abc forsees a trick along these lines, or perhaps expected me to bring out Solrock, and so he attempts a Double-Switch to Skuntank. Phew, I'm glad I kept Clamperl for this sort of occasion, well done Clampy my son!

As I suspected he sacrifices Clamperl, but now I’ve got Skuntank out to prevent TR.

---

Rhydon at 68%
Skuntank at 100%
---

I bring in Rhydon to pose a threat to Skuntank while being threatened very little himself. As the end-game momentum and tension builds, I decide it's time to up the ante and the stakes, so I will attempt a Double-Switch myself. Skuntank highly likely expects an Earthquake, and going on previous actions will be replaced by Gligar who can take on Rhydon one on one. Lets just hope this really happens and I can get Wailord in!

---
VoiceOfReason switched in Wailord.
Pointed stones dug into Wailord.
Wailord lost 12% of its health.

Wailord at 65%
Gligar at 100%
---

That was nerve wracking! I can just about imagine Gligar will switch out for the hidden sixth Pokemon, but in case he pushes it and sticks around to Earthquake, I select Ice Beam.

Rhydon is brought in, and I switch to Gligar so as to save Skuntank. However, VoiceOfReason predicts all of this, and is able to freely bring in Wailord. Again I must switch something into Wailord. I opt this time to bring in Grumpig. While I could sacrifice Tauros to get Grumpig in for free, I feel Tauros may now be of use seeing as his Clamperl is gone. Getting Solrock in on Tauros would now require him to lose something that could be important.

---
123abc switched in Grumpig.

Wailord used Ice Beam.
Grumpig lost 16% of its health.
Wailord lost 10% of its health.
Grumpig's leftovers restored its health a little!
Grumpig restored 6% of its health.

Wailord at 55%
Grumpig at 90%
---

Ouch, walled AGAIN! But no fear, Wailord has a hidden Ace, time to blow a hole in that wall. Four Pokemon remain on either side, and this could really go either way especially if a switch occurs. He probably won't suspect it though, so it's BOOM TIME BABY!

Grumpig takes little damage from the Ice Beam, and now I decide to use Psychic as no one on his team resists it.

---
Grumpig used Psychic.
Wailord lost 40% of its health.
Wailord used Selfdestruct.
Grumpig lost 182% of its health.
123abc's Grumpig fainted.
VoiceOfReason's Wailord fainted.

Wailord at 0%
Grumpig at 0%

Score: 3-3!
---

Thank heavens, one of the indestructible walls is removed! I can feel a glimmer of hope after being outplayed so helplessly at the beginning. At this point Linoone and Rhydon could get badly walled by Gligar, so I send out Solrock who has the best probability of a good matchup and might just be able to pull through for me.

At first I was a bit surprised by this, but then I realized that Gligar should hopefully be able to get me my win now.

---
Pointed stones dug into Solrock.
Solrock lost 12% of its health.

Solrock at 35%
Gligar at 100%
---

This is intense! Solrock and Gligar face up, I get the feeling Gligar will Taunt to stop an attempt at a Trick Room which would pretty much set me up for a sweep. It's the only move Gligar has that can harm Solrock, I just hope he doesn't switch. Well... here goes nothing.

---
Gligar used Taunt.
Solrock fell for the taunt!
Solrock used Explosion.
Gligar lost 159% of its health.
123abc's Gligar fainted.
VoiceOfReason's Solrock fainted.

Solrock at 0%
Gligar at 0%

Score: 2-2!
---

Ho Ho Ho, Double Boom! In reality, Gligar was the only thing that could stop Linoone and Rhydon, so I had to take him out! Two Pokemon-a-side remaining. Can I really pull this off? I figure Linoone is my best switch-in here, as if Skuntank comes out, I can bring in Rhydon. But what if he double switches me? Then surely he wins? Agh! OK I'm going to have to go for broke. Go Linoone!

I taunt to prevent TR, but instead he explodes on Gligar, taking away what I thought was a surefire win. I curse myself now, for fearing him setting up TR so much that I didn’t even realize his only TR sweeper left couldn’t beat Gligar if I just sacrificed Tauros to get Gligar in safely.
I’m now in a tough position. We each have 2 ‘mons left. If I bring in Tauros and he sends out Linoone, he could use ExtremeSpeed, likely finishing off Tauros, costing me the game. If he sends out Rhydon however, Tauros could EQ him, putting him in range for Skuntank to finish off and go on to win the game.
If I send out Skuntank, he could send out Rhydon and basically win the game right there. If however he sent out Linoone, I could predict his switch to Rhydon and go to Tauros, giving me the situation mentioned earlier where I win.
Ultimately I see this as 50/50 now, the winner is decided based on who sends out what…

---
123abc switched in Tauros.
VoiceOfReason switched in Linoone.
Tauros's intimidate cut Linoone's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Linoone.
Linoone lost 12% of its health.

Linoone at 25%
Tauros at 32%
---

This must be the best outcome for me… but what if he goes to Skuntank? Should I gamble and go to Rhydon? What if Extremespeed doesn't KO? Hang on, it's not CB Tauros, the Life Orb recoil should take it out! I'm nervous but I can almost smell victory! Extremespeed!

---
Linoone used Extremespeed.
Tauros lost 23% of its health.
Tauros used Return.
Linoone lost 91% of its health.
VoiceOfReason's Linoone fainted.
Tauros lost 10% of its health.
123abc's Tauros fainted.

Linoone at 0%
Tauros at 0%

Score: 1-1!
---

Crap.

---

Rhydon at 62%
Skuntank at 100%

Skuntank used Sucker Punch.
Rhydon lost 26% of its health.
Rhydon used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Skuntank lost 191% of its health.
123abc's Skuntank fainted.
VoiceOfReason wins!

Rhydon at 36%
Skuntank at 0%

FINAL SCORE: 1-0 to VoiceOfReason!
---

And there it is! After turns of manoeuvring and being outplayed, three Double KO's in a row leave the path open for Rhydon to destroy Skuntank - what a game!

And with that, I lose what was a very entertaining game. Once more in hindsight, I could have switched to Skuntank who would hopefully not be 2HKO’ed, and then switch straight back to Tauros as he went to Rhydon, but in the heat of the moment the thought never occurred to me.

---
VoiceOfReason: gg
123abc: gg
VoiceOfReason: good match
123abc: very good match
---

And with that, we decided such an epic finale in such an undeveloped environment needed an awareness-boosting warstory. Thanks go to Luphrous for the exciting battle and the comments, and lets just hope that NU soon gets a ladder, which it desperately deserves.

TEAMS:
VoiceOfReason

123abc

Comments and feedback welcome.

i'm not sure if it was the actual story or the fact that i don't know a lot about NU and thus it was full of surprises for me, but i enjoyed reading this.

abc123's team full of suckerpunches and taunters really makes trick room tough to succeed, so good job for his team building, but offensively it didn't seem to have much of a strategy.

anyway, thanks for posting guys.

Well played gentlemen.

Having faced both of your teams, and knowing your strategies firsthand, I have to say this Warstory was especially enjoyable. Altering your strategies based on the opponent's team is important, and this battle showed that.

More Warstories need the double-sided comments. And of course, most importantly, I hope this warstory gets more people to join NU.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
There isn't so much commentary as the big bulky blocks of text in the Archive, but I have to say the best Warstories have equal thought and play in it.

This is definetely one of the better Warstories. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Linoone gets Switcheroo, not Trick? Ah well, same thing.

Also, I've witnessed a couple of NU battles on Shoddy, and they all had Ninetales. Nice for a change of pace for once.

Good read with nice predictions from both sides ;). And it's good to see some underrated pokemon like Banette or Raticate in action. I need to built NU team at last, but I'm so lazy these days :P.

I only need to ask one question - 4 taunt users ? Do you really need that many taunt users ? May I ask why ? Because it made me curious ;).

Anyway, good read and I hope to see more warstories from you, especially NU ones ;).

Okay, first, on shoddy, it says hypnosis missed banette when it's immune to it. It doesn't mean it missed.
But excellent warstory! A great battle, excellent prediction, great commentary, extraordinary teams! A bit of a longshot, but pherhaps the first NU warstory in the Archive?

Good read with nice predictions from both sides ;). And it's good to see some underrated pokemon like Banette or Raticate in action. I need to built NU team at last, but I'm so lazy these days :P.

I only need to ask one question - 4 taunt users ? Do you really need that many taunt users ? May I ask why ? Because it made me curious ;).

Anyway, good read and I hope to see more warstories from you, especially NU ones ;).
Taunt is an extremely useful move, even moreso in NU when things have less initial power and need to set up or have moves supporting them, such as weather conditions and entry hazards.

Okay, first, on shoddy, it says hypnosis missed banette when it's immune to it. It doesn't mean it missed.
But excellent warstory! A great battle, excellent prediction, great commentary, extraordinary teams! A bit of a longshot, but pherhaps the first NU warstory in the Archive?
No it means it missed.

Nice warstory.

The last turn wasn't too good compared to the rest, but then again that Skuntank had been annoying throughout the match. But excellent overall. Easily the best warstory I've read this month, lol.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This was much better than I anticipated. The comments weren't huge but the battle was so fast-paced that it looks like you barely even had a chance to react! Some good predictions, too. I was just looking into NU, this is definitely a useful match to have read to get an idea of the tier.

Garganator: Having 4 Taunters was actually not planned. For awhile Gligar and Skuntank were the only two with Taunt. However after a very bad encounter with a Dusclops carrying WoW, I decided I needed to do something to better fend off status.

This is what lead me to try out Raticate, who can absorb status, and as a lead totally shuts down Venomoth(TS also ruins my team). Grumpig was added simply because I decided to test him out in that slot. I knew he could use Substitute, but I decided I wanted to see how a fourth taunter worked.

Everyone else: Thanks for the great comments!

awesome warstory, really entertaining. both players had to gameplan around the other team's interesting strategies i.e. the trick room aspect countered by the prevalence of taunters. a handful of good predictions really made it great.

hope to see you guys on the NU ladder someday ;]

Yeah, very nice warstory as some of the others have already mentioned - I especially liked the formatting and the battling itself and what I liked best is that the trains of thought of both players are displayed explicitly here.

Enjoyed the read and I'm looking forward to reading more warstories from you, man!

Really good warstory, I think I've played one of you before....

Also, let's hope more this brings more people to NU ^_^

I have to agree with Vash, this was an awesome warstory. A great battle, a trick room team beating a team with four taunt users, and double-sided commentary make this one of the best warstorys. It should go in the Archives. NU really seems interesting, and I might get into it if they ever start a NU ladder on Shoddy.

Great battle guys (Y).

Surprised me to only see one of the tier's new entrants (Poliwrath), but it was good nonetheless.

Anything that increases NU's reputation is great for us NU players.

Very entertaining and fun reading! Loved reading about all those poor forgotten pogeys, makes singles battling actually appealing once again, NU tier is awesome :P, very good games guys will have to catch up with you UD for a battle sometime

Very good predicting.

When I saw Raticate and Linoone, I was doubting the warstory, but when I read the reviews, I decided to read it. I guess I (of all people, especially) shouldn't judge Pokemon before I see what they do.

Does the Raticate have Super Fang? It really should if it doesn't.

I might get into NU. From this warstory it seems really fast and fun.

The warstory was entirely unexpected, most of the comments talked about prediction and most of the prediction was good.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
We have had a plethora of shit warstories on this, from users I've never heard of, so naturally I thought this would follow suit.

I was wrong, great battle and great commentry from both of you. My only gripe is that you should have use Surf with Wailord (kills Gliscor, hits switchins harder) as then Tauros would have most likely died, or gotten very close to it, guaranteeing you a win instead of making it 50/50.

Good job though guys :).

Nice battle.

I don't like the idea of using Rhydon @ NU, as it overclass Golem in many ways leaving him as a... under-NU? Even if it has an evolution h's very, very powerful. Anyone's with me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)