Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been quite some time since I last posted, but rest assured that I haven't given up in my quest to complete a Nuzlocke. Recently I got a friend of mine to give me a copy of Ruby so I could play a game that I have never played before. I know pretty much nothing about this game going in, which means that I'm more likely to want to see it through than I would a HG run. I have also decided to cut back on the rules a little. So, intro time once more.

1. If a Pokémon faints I must place it in a graveyard box from which they will never be disturbed, so that I might remember my fallen comrades. If my team is wiped out but I have something left in a box that is not my graveyard, then I am allowed to continue.
2. I must capture the first Pokémon I see in an area, if it faints then there is no capture for that area. If I have already caught a member of that evolutionary line then this rule applies to the next non-duplicate Pokémon I see.
3. I must nickname all Pokémon I capture.
4. I may not trade or breed for new Pokémon, this rule includes trading for evolution.
5. TMs may be used but I am not allowed to purchase any, this includes the game corner.
6. I may only buy basic pokeballs.
7. Shiny Pokémon may be caught even if they are not the first Pokémon I have seen, but if they are not the first I saw then I must deposit them into the graveyard box.

My name is Bob and my family just moved to Hoenn because my dad was finally able to get a job as a gym leader. We are from Mistralton City in the Unova region. I thought Dad was going to be appointed the next leader of the Striaton gym, but they went with a trio of brothers instead. Dad specializes in normal types and I guess they don’t want two normal type gyms in the league, so I am going to blame Lenora for that one. Instead we had to fly from our home to a whole other region for him to become a gym leader. I had to ride in the back of the truck once we arrived because apparently there aren’t many airports in this region…joy.

Finally at our new home mom told me dad’s old roommate, Professor Birch, was the next door neighbor and explained that he had a daughter and that I should introduce myself. I shrugged and went to go next door when I could swear I saw mom smirk. She better not try to set me up with this girl. The last time she tried that I ended up going out with some psycho from Nimbasa. I became even more suspicious when Professor Birch wasn’t home and his wife told me to go upstairs to her daughter’s room to introduce myself. Of course by this point I had no choice, all I could do was mutter objections as she pushed me up the stairs. As I was shoved into the room I noticed the girl over by the computer, she was alright I guess. I had definitely seen worse.

I walked over to her and casually introduced myself with a simple, “Hey my name’s Bob…” I was cut off by a piercing scream as the girl jumped. I’ve been told I walk softly and silently so I’m actually used to that kind of reaction, people never seem to be aware of my presence until I say or do something. I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall while waiting for her to compose herself. After she calmed down and looked at me she quickly turned away and began to talk. The girl, May, seemed really excited about having another person her age in this small town. So excited she seemed to stumble over her words a little. She realized she was supposed to help her dad with some stuff and rushed out of the room, leaving me alone. It was a little awkward first being alone with a girl in her room and then being alone without anybody in a girl’s room. I left giving only a slight nod to Mrs. Birch on my way out. I decided to locate Professor Birch since he was who I was supposed to introduce myself to in the first place.

As I wandered around I heard the sounds of a man yelling followed by what appeared to be barking. I ran towards the noise and found a man in a lab coat being chased by a small dog Pokemon. Since I am from Unova I had no idea what the local Pokemon are. When he noticed me the man yelled to get a pokeball from his bag on the ground. I reached in and tossed the ball to reveal its occupant. The small blue creature assumed its battle stance giving a ferocious, if high pitched, “Mudkip.”

Ah, much shorter than my other intro. I probably won't have much of an overarching storyline for this one, but there will be some stuff I will go in depth on later to help incorporate the Nuzlocke rules into the world. I will try to post an update every few days, but don't expect much from me.

Now, after a lot of delay, it's time for the first edition of ObserverJoe's HeartGold Nuzlocke Run! For reasons unknown, I name myself Eugene. I go to the place with the stuff in the thing, and get a Totodile. And it's a girl. Cool. I name it Tsukiko. And onto the boring early game stuff *one boring early game stuff later* Wait, a boss fight! Wait, it was easy, false alarm. ...And time for teammates. First I get a Spearow. Good, Spearow are definitely my favorite early game birds, mainly because they aren't boring. It's named Sabre. Then I get a Caterpie (named Herman). Cool (new favorite word), if I've learned one thing from Nuzlockes, it's Butterfree rock. I also fight the infamous Joey. I'll be keeping a count on how much he calls me. In Dark Cave you'll never guess what I caught! (Hint: it isn't Zubat)

Did you guess? It's.....Geodude! (Name: Roy) At that place under Violet City (whatever it's called), I get Bellsprout. It's a girl, so Venus and Belle are obvious. But I decide to go with Elanor. At Sprout Tower, I get Carl the Ratatta. Holy lobster, full team already? Before I go to Sprout Tower, I decided to train everybody to level 9-10, mainly to get Herman to Butterfree state. During this period, he turns out to be the most annoying thing to train ever. But it was well worth it when he started mind raping Bellsprouts left and right. The Elder Li fight was nothing special, bar Hoothoot's annoyingness (Geodude doesn't learn Rock Throw until Level 11, which was right after the fight). Then onto fight Falkner, with a level 11 Geodude as my only thing that had a good chance of defeating him. It all worked out well in the end, though. Not much a bird can do to a rock. GOT THE ZEPHYR BADGE!

Then I get the Togepi egg, who I'd use if Herman wasn't already fufilling my 'psychic move user who isn't a psychic type' role. Ignoring the Kimono Girl, I battle my way to Union Cave, and get an Onix (name: Ryu). Outside, I get a Zubat (name: ...I forget). In Azalea, I watch as a psychotic old man pushes a gangster into a well. Good times. I could catch a Slowpoke in case Tsukiko dies, but I'm to lazy. After a minute of epic butterfly vs. gangster action, I leave the well and go into the gym under-leveled, which, if you don't know, is a TERRIBLE IDEA. Bugsy is, in my opinion, the 2nd hardest gym leader (after you-know-who), no matter how hard it is to tell his gender. I send Roy against Scyther, and things don't look well immediately, when U-turn does, like, two-thirds of Roy's health, and that Scyther likes using Focus Energy and Leer. Dang. Sabre takes care of the Amazing Cocoon Sisters while I heal Roy, and send him to fight the doom mantis. Luckily, it uses Focus Energy and Leer, and Rock Throw somehow DOESN'T miss. And the Hive Badge is mine.

Afterwards, I fight my rival (his name is Ian, by the way), again under-leveled. Carl beats Gastly, and Roy beats Zubat. The real challenge lies in Bayleef. I try using Sabre, but she does a PITIFUL amount of damage, then Bayleef uses Reflect. SO I switch to Herman and use PoisonPowder. After a small stallfest, Herman comes out on top. I go into the forest of useless ducks and stuff, and get Kiwi the Oddish. I also teach a ton of things Headbutt (tons meaning, like, three). I also ignore another Kimono thingy, and go to the next Route and catch Drowzee, who's name is unimportant because it gets immediately traded for Muscle the Machop, to fight demon cow. I also put Kiwi and Ryu in the daycare as a backup. But I find out that daycare makes them grow tons of levels really fast, and soon Kiwi is on par with my highest level mons.

And in other news...disaster strikes. I was fighting Walt the Firebreather's Magmars with Tsukiko. The first one goes down without any troubles, but then the second one comes in. I think 'Let me guess, it gets a crit and Tsukiko dies' Magmar used faint Attack! Critical hit! Tsukiko fainted! Go Roy! 'Come on Roy, get revenge! Get Magnitude 10!' Roy used Magnitude! Magnitude 10!' Magmar gets massacred! Then the jerk gives me his phone number. I'm keeping track of his calls too. After, I get a Nidoran-M (aren't those rarer in HG? 'Cause I always run into these first in this area) I name him something (I forget), then go to National Park. I could wait for the Bug-Catching contest, but I decide to not and take my useless Sunkern. I throw Stve into the box with the other useless things (Zubat, Togi Egg, and NidoM for you keeping track at home) Before challenging Whitney, I decide to get Kiwi out of day-care, due to being high leveled enough. I replace him with NidoM

NEXT TIME: FIGHTING THE ANNOYING FAT COW AND MILTANK
Team:
Carl the Ratatta (M)
Level 14 Quirky
-Headbutt
-Bite
-Focus Energy
-Quick Attack

Muscle the Machop (F)
Level 17 Lonely Nature
-Low Kick
-Foresight
-Focus Energy
-Karate Chop

Roy the Geodude (M) Quick Claw
Gentle Level 18
-Headbutt
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Rock Polish

Herman the Butterfree (M)
Careful Level 15
-Tackle
-Sleep Powder
-PoisonPowder
-Confusion

Sabre the Spearow (F)
Brave Level 15
-Peck
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Fury Attack

Elanor the Bellsprout (F) Miracle Seed
Gentle Level 15
-Vine Whip
-PoisonPowder
-Sleep Powder
-Cut

Dead:
Tsukiko the Totodile: level 5-15; taken by a crit Faint Attack from Magmar

Box'd:
Samantha the Zubat
Togepi Egg
Kiwi the Oddish
Steve the Sunkern

Daycare:
Ryu the Onix
Reggie the Nidoran-M

Joey Count: 6

Walt Count: 1

MVP: Herman

QUESTION TIME!: Right now, Kiwi is level 17, compared to Elanor's 15. Which one should I use? (Keep in mind Elanor's attack right now is equal to Kiwi's Sp. Attack, but Elanor has Cut stuck on her) Personally, I prefer Bellsprout

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its up to you Joe since they are both pretty similar. The main grip I always had with Bellsprout was that until its a Lv 47 Victreebel you really lack powerful STAB moves via level up hence me preferring Vileplume (or Bellossom) especially as they get Moonlight for recovery (which is good if you don't use healing items) as well as that sexy Petal Dance.

As far as comparing goes Victreebel has a slightly highier attack (same special attack stats) and is a bit faster while Vileplume is a lot more bulkier. Like I said, they are so similar its personal preference.

Grass Pokemon have a really rough time in HGSS, but unless you're willing to wait till level 30+/Blackthorn, Oddish will win out simply because they get the better Grass STAB (Mega Drain/Petal Dance vs. Vine Whip/Bullet Seed/Razor Leaf).

Actually, Bellossom has some decent moves in the Move Tutor. Leaf Blade and Magical Leaf will serve you pretty well for a Grass type.

And since they're both fairly slow in the first place, I find bulk > attack.

Give Bellossom Swords Dance, Drain Punch, Grass STAB (Bullet Seed works until you can get Leaf Blade, but Mega Drain is okay too) and some kind of status move, like Moonlight or Sleep Powder. It'll serve you very well indeed. You can use Vileplume if you prefer, but Swords Dance'd Grass moves are more powerful than Vileplume's Special Grass moves despite Vileplume's higher Special Attack. Vileplume can use Swords Dance'd Grass moves too, of course, but it's not as bulky as Bellossom.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With my first badge gotten it was time to set my sights in Eterna City, home of the second badge. It was a long way away so I decided to stop in Floaroma Town for a break. I encountered my first Honey Tree there and quickly sat down to wait. I think I dozed off, watching a tree is pretty boring however I heard a buzzing sound and jerked awake. Hovering outside the tree was a small Combee. It looked pretty beat up and rather weak so I gave it some more of my honey before asking it if it wished to join my party. To my great delight it agreed and Vespa the Combee joined the team.

I heard that Team Galactic were active in the region and found ou they were at the Valley Wind works for some odd reason. Vespa was pretty energetic so I let it roam free to gather Honey while I went inside to kick those Galactic losers out.

Things started off pretty good. The grunts were pretty easy but then I encountered a woman called Mars. Apparently she was a powerful commander of some sort. She lead with a Zubat which I had faced many of without much trouble. I threw a ball and swift appeared at my side, ready to battle. Both pokemon took to the air wheeling around dodging attacks. Zubat attempted to bring things to close quarters where it could bring its fangs into play. Swift was up to the task however, using its extra bulk and speed to dodge the bite attempts before slamming into Zubat with powerful Quick Attacks. This Zubat was well trained, I reflected as Swift closed in for one final Quick Attack. Swift flew in at high speed when suddenly Zubat swivelled in the air, using the wind generated from the Quick Attack to spin away from the blow before lashing out with its fang administering a powerful Toxic to Swift. Furious, I ordered a barrel roll at high speed, Swift spun like a top through the air, the force of the spin wrenching Zubat away from Swifts win. Disorientated, Zubat was temporary helpless which Swift abused by slamming into it with a powerful Wing Attack knocking it out.

One pokemon down Mars selected a Purugly while I chose Vulcan. Mars attacked quickly, as Purugly fmashed Vulcan back with a Fake Out, causing Vulcan to withdraw in fear. Urging it onwards Vulcan swept forward again rolling into a Flame Wheel which struck home. Purugly reeled and then to my astonishment, simply shrugged off the attack before swiping hard at Vulcan, throwing him aside. Irritated at the lack of damage I was doing I tried a new tack. Vulcan charged forward firing a lightning fast jab into Purugly. The Fighting attack did severe damage and suddenly Mars began to lose confidence. Vulcan rolled away from a Purugly slashing strike before punching it again. Purugly shuddered under the power of the blow while Mars could only watch helplessly as Vulcan slammed into Purugly one final time with a Flame Wheel putting it out of it misery.

Mars stood in shock at how quickly she had been dispatched. Shock quickly turned to anger as she gathered her minions and swept out of the building. Rather pleased with myself, I carried on, meeting up with Vespa outside. Eterna Forest was the only remaining barrier but my team and I swept through it like it was nothing. While in the Forest, Vespa finally evolved leaving me with a strong team to take down Gardenia.

Swift (Staravia) (Male)
Lv 21
Hardy
-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Endeavor
-Double Team

Swift might not be the powerhouse of the team, but it performs an excellent role in the team. With his nice speed and attack power he works exceptionally well with Vulcan as together they can take down many threats. Swift also brings with it the ever awesome Intimidate letting it weaken powerful foes just upon switching in, this ability alone making it invaluable.

Vulcan (Monferno) (Male)
Lv 23
Hardy
-Flame Wheel
-Mach Punch
-Ember
-Scratch

Vulcan is the team leader and powerhouse. Packing huge amounts of speed and power Vulcan is always me ‘go to’ guy whenever something needs to die. While Vulcan is the leader, by nature he is a prankster so its important for him to realise the seriousness of his role. Regardless he really loves working with Swift and both have become great mates in that they have very similar roles. Vulcan is a vital party of the team and I intend to rely on him in the tough battles ahead.

Vespa (Vespiquen) (Female)
Lv 21
Calm
-Power Gem
-Bug Bite
-Gust
- Sweet Scent

Vespa is the new addition to the party. Caught at Level 7 she has risen through the ranks very fast and caught up to both Vulcan and Swift. Being the only female in the team she approaches things differently to Swift and Vulcan, preferring to take a few hits and then dish them back out rather than outright sweeping a team. Here excellent ability and stat placement make her an excellent pivot or back up switch if needed. While she is predominantly defensive, Vespa still packs a punch with here powerful attacks. Vespa looks to be a very reliable addition to this team

Mark the Psyduck (Lv 6)
NightWing the Zubat (Lv 4)
Shelly the Shellos (Lv 9)
Dash the Ponyta (Lv 7)
Ron the Geodude (Lv 5)
Worm the Wurmple (Lv 5)
Zeke the Buizel (Lv 10)
Alex the Bronzor (Lv 14)
Chaos the Magikarp (Lv 5)
Dew the Budew (Lv 12)
Bruce the Machop (lv 14)

None :)
Lets keep it that way!

Give Bellossom Swords Dance, Drain Punch, Grass STAB (Bullet Seed works until you can get Leaf Blade, but Mega Drain is okay too) and some kind of status move, like Moonlight or Sleep Powder. It'll serve you very well indeed. You can use Vileplume if you prefer, but Swords Dance'd Grass moves are more powerful than Vileplume's Special Grass moves despite Vileplume's higher Special Attack. Vileplume can use Swords Dance'd Grass moves too, of course, but it's not as bulky as Bellossom.
I don't think you can get Swords Dance or Drain Punch till after E4.

And Grass moves aren't that great in HGSS anyway. Clair isn't really bothered, 3/5 of Will shrugs it off, Koga just laughs, and Lance doubles over in laughter. I'd use them not because they're Grass types, but because of their stats/movepools, in which case Bellossom wins because Aromatherapy isn't worth it in-game, and you shouldn't be using either of them against Koga anyway.

I just started a Nuzlocke of a hack called Moemon Eternal (Version 3), and i use the Ultra Ball my Cacnea was holding when I got it to catch a poisoned, in-the-red Poochyena on Route 101. I named her Killa, took 8 steps and she promptly died, cause I didn't think about the poison damage until it was too late to use the PC Potion i got. Does this count as the quickest non-starter death ever?

okay then

SWITCHING TO COMIC FORM...
PERMANENTLY.

Because some of you just can't live without the team updates.

Opheodrys - Snivy - lv something - fine and kicking like the jolly good gentlesnake he is.
Naja - Ekans - lv something - is still hungry.
Monax - Patrat - lv something - I still hate you for not being nincada.
Mustel - Sentret - lv something - is still cute.

comments would be appreciated :V

Well... due to several rewritten segments of the first two chapters I'm working on, I'm probably going to stop updating on Smogon, and go to a more traditional Nuzlocke story. This will be a continuation of an older one from the old thread that I can't link too because I'm in the middle of nowhere. It's not really necessary to know either. Anyways, HG Nuzlocke same rules as every other run I do.

Red. Blue. A rush of color races and clashes across the world. It's ending. My mind rushes to keep up with the battle, but it's clear that I'm being overpowered. I really should have practiced since Hoenn. A rock begins to fall above me and I dash to the side to avoid it. He sees it, and blasts off one final pulse of blue light. It's fading now. Arceus help m...

Where am I? Why am I still alive? Why should I be dead? What happened? Questions fill my mind as I come out of... whatever I had been in. There was color, a soft red glow coming in. I realize I don't know anything about who I was. Let's start with the basics: are you a Pokemon or a human? I can't honestly remember. I have a strange half-memory of... flying. I don't think humans can do that. But, I just feel human. So I'll go with that. So, are you a boy or a girl? I know that one. I'm a girl. Something about that sticks out more than anything else. Finally, what is your name? Two things rush into my mind. One of them is only half-formed; L-something. The other is more solid. I go with that one; Terra. What's next? I have to think about that one. I don't know.

Open your eyes. Its not mine, but a voice speaks softly in my head. Also fairly sure that's normal for humans. But it's not like I have much choice. With one surge of effort I take control of my body and open up my eyes.

To be continued...

okay then

SWITCHING TO COMIC FORM...
PERMANENTLY.

Because some of you just can't live without the team updates.

Opheodrys - Snivy - lv something - fine and kicking like the jolly good gentlesnake he is.
Naja - Ekans - lv something - is still hungry.
Monax - Patrat - lv something - I still hate you for not being nincada.
Mustel - Sentret - lv something - is still cute.

comments would be appreciated :V
I like this, the art is pretty good, simple and effective, though it was a bit short. But then again, short = not long enough = I want to see more, so I guess that's a good thing.

well ninja, don't worry, next update will be longer.

@ ice beam
could be the random :3 faces I put there. And the large eyes. And whatnot. Can't draw photorealistic humans.
(well, I can, but I need a model to do it :V I draw shit without any models)

Been working on a HG Nuzocke. Not going to write a story but I'll probably put my progress here.

Rules:
1. Catch the first pokemon in each route. Caves and buildings count as separate even if it's in a route I caught a pokemon at.
2. When a pokemon faints, permanantly put it in the box called "The Dead".
3. Nickname every caught pokemon.
4. Allowed to enter the bug catching contest as much as I want for the purpose of the prizes. All pokemon caught from the contest may not be use except for the first one.

Currently: Training to prepare to face Whitney

Party so far:
Level 15 Milani the Nidoran(Female)
Level 17 Slash the Sandshrew
Level 18 Venta the Pidgeotto
Level 17 Butters the Butterfree
Level 19 Ignis the Quilava

The Dead:
Level 15 Elesa the Flaffy

Boxed Mons:
Level 3 Bruno the Geodude
Level 6 Aero the Spearow
Level 6 Bitsy the Zubat
Level 5 Bloom the Oddish
Level 1 Omlet the Togepi
Level 11 Ratty the Rattata
Level 13 Scissors the Scyther
Well continuing this, recently beat Whitney with the help of Milani's tail whip and double kick so Milktank was no problem also she evolved to Nidorina xP.

My Black Nuzlocke
Part 1

The Rules

-If a Pokemon faints I put in the box named "Dead" and I cannot ever use it again, not even for HM's
-I can only catch the first Pokemon I see in a route, unless I have already caught the pokemon, however, if I want to still catch that pokemon, I can and it will count has the first pokemon. If I defeat it or run out of pokeballs, tough.
-I cannot buy potions and such, but I can use the ones I pick up along the game.
-I cannot use Reshriam. He ruins the game.
-Battle Style is Set.
-If I come across a Shiny, I will try to catch it, even if it's not the first pokemon seen on the route.

Beginning

After sitting through the ever pointless introduction to the Pokemon world, I chose my started. To make the game even harder, I decided to chose Im A Snake the Snivy, because its a snake. I easily dispatched of Bianca's and Cheren's pokemon with 2 leers and then 2 tackles. I then had to sit through the even boring talks about a Pokedex. Joy.

Route 1

I took my first steps with Cheren and Bianca. After watch the Professor catch a useless Patrat, she gave us 5 pokeballs each. Sweet action! Time to catch some pokemons! I recieved the potion from the pokemart lady and then soon found a Lillipup! (level 2) I easily caught it and then named it Bruiser, after my friends dog who has emphysema. A sad story. A then trained Bruiser a little bit up to level 5 and Im A Snake to level 8. I then proceded to Accumula Town.

Accumula Town

So I strolled into Accumula Town and recieved the Pokeball from the man in the house before heading over to the Pokecenter to get educated in Pokemon basics yet again. I healed up. bought some pokeballs, and then walked outside to listen to the mysterious Ghetsis talk about Pokemon liberation. What a joke.

Battle with N

N approaches Cheren and I after the speech made by Ghetsis and says our Pokemon are talking. What a fruitcake. Bruiser dispatches of his Purrlion with a leer and then 4 tackles. (He used growl the turn I used leer.) Easy enough. Buiser grew two levels and was just shy of 3.

Route 2

After healing up at the Pokecenter from my battle with N, I set out on Route 2 to catch some cool new pokemon and train before my first gym battle. As soon has I set out on Route 2, my mom appeared behind me and gave me a cool new pair of running shoes! Wow. The first two pokemon I see are Lillipups which I easily dispatch of. On my third try I see a wild Patrat. I catch it and name it Creeper due to its piercing eyes. After some brief and easy trainer battles I mopped the floor with Bianca before heading to Striaton City.

Striaton City

I healed up, got the freebie items, whooped Cheren, and then headed to the Dreamyard. I dispatched of the trainers and recieved KingOKongs the Panpour. I then headed to the gym.

First Gym

The trainers weren't too bad, but they did deal about 75% to my pokemon. I healed up before taking on the Gym Leader. His Patrat falls easily to Im A Snake. Out goes his Pansear and I switch out KingOKongs. He uses Incinerate for about 6 damage. He works up next turn while I use water gun for about 30%. He uses Incinerate again and gets a crit which does 20 damage. Water gun does another 30%. I know I can still live the Incinerate next turn and I finish his Pansear off next turn. Woo! The gym badge is mine! Good job KingOKongs, I doubt I'll use you again.

Team

Im A Snake
Male
Level 13
Tackle
Leer
Vine Whip
Growth

Bruiser
Female
Bold
Level 12
Leer
Tackle
Work Up
Bite

Boxed

Creeper (Patrat) Level 4
KingOKongs (Panpour) Level 11

Dead

None. I hope to keep it that way too.

And more to come...​

This one is a little heavy on the exposition, but that's how it goes when your play and write without any prior knowledge I guess. I hope to get into some action along with my captures next time.

The battle didn’t take long, nor was it particularly difficult. Human trained Pokemon are nearly always stronger than wild ones, so it came as no surprise to me. Birch seemed impressed though. I have to say, that man either has a death wish or is insane. Nobody goes into the wilds without a Pokemon, and the pokeballs are specially designed to attach easily to a trainer’s belt. Why would he keep Pokemon in a bag? He had three, and since he was so impressed with my performance (again, why? A child could have won that fight) he decided to give me the Mudkip I had used. I was reluctant at first because I knew what that would entail. When somebody who has passed the trainer exam receives their first Pokemon they are obligated to get recognition from the league. After gaining badges from 8 gym leaders a trainer is then allowed to train and capture Pokemon freely, but until then their equipment receives limitations such as only being able to catch a single Pokemon per area.

The problem is I had been applying for the pacification squad, a group of elite trainers who domesticate Pokemon in the regions. Pacification officers face real, deadly Pokemon and risk their lives to ensure the safety for people who wish to live in a region. They must constantly patrol the region and domesticate Pokemon enough to where, though they might kill other Pokemon, they won’t be as dangerous to a human who has Pokemon with them. The pacification squad requires that one not only gain 8 gym badges to become an authorized trainer, but that they defeat the Elite 4 and Champion of their region. Similar to how gym leaders are veteran trainers, Elite 4 members are veterans of the pacification squad. And above them are Champions who not only defeat the Elite 4 and previous Champion, but require that the candidate has captured an Uber level Pokemon.

If I accepted this Mudkip, I would have to depart on my authorization journey and challenge the Hoenn Elite 4. However, I just arrived in Hoenn and know nothing about the local Pokemon. Since I already applied I would have to engage in the pacification squad’s challenge or forfeit my application completely. That means in addition to encountering Pokemon I don’t know and fighting gym leaders I am not familiar with, I would be challenging an Elite 4 I know absolutely nothing about. My gut told me to wait until I could afford to go back to Unova and take the challenge there, but Birch refused to accept that. He practically forced me to accept the Mudkip. “And since I know that you have a Pokemon now, would you mind going to find my kid? She should be somewhere around Route 103. By the time you get back I will have your Pokedex ready.” With that he shoved me out the door.

I summoned Mudkip and he looked up at me quizzically. “Well, it looks like we’ve been forced into this as partners. I’m going to call you Demyx if that’s all right.” The Mudkip nodded in approval and we walked off through the wilderness in search of that girl, May. The wilds didn’t really contain much to challenge us, the wild Pokemon seemed more afraid of us than anything. This happens sometimes, the pacification squad does such a good job domesticating Pokemon that they begin to avoid humans completely. I am told things are taken to such extremes near a professor’s home because many trainers go there to receive their first Pokemon and the league doesn’t want to make the challenge too difficult for those starting out.

It wasn’t hard to find May on Route 103; it is fairly isolated by water and thick forest. When I told her that her dad wanted her back at the lab, May asked for a battle and sent out a Treecko. Since I had accepted Demyx, I suppose we were technically supposed to battle. However, neither Pokemon was very strong yet so the battle was dull. We called it my win as Demyx was beginning to overpower her grass type. With that finished we returned to the lab where I was given a Pokedex and pokeballs. After a brief stop by my house to get ready for the journey, I was finally ready to depart. With little information all I could do was hope to do well. Besides, if I failed here I could resubmit my application and try again in Unova.

So I've always enjoyed Nuzlocke's and decided might as well do one too. I wish I had the artistic ability to draw one like I see on this thread but hey, work with what you have. So I booted up my Sapphire and I have the berry glitch -_- so I'll have to fix that some time throughout this challenge, so here are my rules.

1) Pokemon Faints, no redo, they go into the dead box
2) I can only catch the first pokemon in the route. However, if it is a repeat of a pokemon I already caught, I can pick the next new pokemon. Also to make it easier on myself through my first challenge, I will have redos if I can't catch it or run out of pokeballs (abra or a knockout for example) I want to keep this as enjoyable as possible
3) Nickname all of my pokemon
Added Rules:
4) Gift pokemon are alright, namely castform, and I guess bedum since I get him after the champion?
5) Multiple backups, I'm going to keep numerous trained pokemon in a box, to rotate for challenges.
6) No legendaries, I can catch them, but no usage.
7) No revives, this one is obvious
8) Only Pokeballs, nothing other than pokeballs and maybe a masterball
9) Black-Out is gameover no matter what

So that's my challenge and let me start you off

Hi, I'm Steven. I'm from Summer Town in Fiore. I'm not sure if you've heard of it. See we don't have many pokemon trainers, we have pokemon rangers! People live along side pokemon, but not through capturing them with pokeballs or anything. The only pokemon trainer I know is actually my dad, Norman. He's great! He's so good that this guy, also named Steven, came to my dad and offered him a job as the Petalburg City gym leader in Hoenn! So we have to move. I'm kinda sad that we are moving away from Summer Town, it's so great here, but I now I get the opportunity to be a pokemon trainer just like my dad! Even though I really like pokemon rangers and I'd become one if we stayed in Fiore, I want to battle them and go on an adventure with them! My dad even said that we are moving to Littleroot town, home to my dad's old friend Professor Birch! Why we are moving to Littleroot when my dad works in Petalburg I have no idea, but I am super excited. My dad even said Professor Birch might give me a pokemon to start on a journey. While I've seen some pokemon that are native to Fiore, I wonder what kinds of brand new pokemon there are in the Hoenn region!

My dad left a little while before me and my mom did, to get settled in the gym and what not. The worst part is I had to ride in the back of the truck! What the hell mom?! Regardless, we finally arrived after a long trip. Littleroot seems nice. There aren't a lot of people but it's really calm and peaceful, totally different from the tourist capital that is Summer Town. As I get off the truck (thanks again mom, my back is killing me) I see the Machoke hard at work putting our stuff back. I get settled in my room and go to check on my mom downstairs. They are actually putting on a TV special about the new gym leader, my dad! Too bad I only catch the last few seconds but oh well. My mom says that dad's old friend Professor Birch has a daughter who is my age (awwww yeahhhh) and says I should go over and visit. There is nothing else to do, other than play my gamecube, so I decide to head over in hopes that Professor Birch can give me a pokemon, or maybe the neighbor is cute. I stop in and Mrs. Birch asks me who I am, with good reason, I kinda just walked into her house without knocking. After I explain myself she suggests I go meet their daughter, May, who is up in her room. "Why not" I say to Mrs. Birch. I go upstairs and she is just sitting down at her computer unaware that I even walked in. Jeez with people just walking in their front door and their obliviousness you'd think they would have been robbed by now. I say hello and she jumps up startled, still not realizing that I had been in her room for the past few minutes. To my content, she is kinda cute, but at this point, I could care less at this point, because she just keeps talking about pokemon and her dad. Before I could ask her more she blurts out that she has to go help her dad and runs out of the room. She is kinda weird but I like her, she seems really nice and a good friend.

I head downstairs and say goodbye to Mrs. Birch and decide to go find the good professor. As I start walking toward his lab, I hear a yell in near the woods at the end of town. I see a young boy who tells me he heard a scream and doesn't know what to do. Who ever it is, it seems like they are in trouble and I run out to go help. To my surprise I see Birch being chased by a pokemon. He yells at me to go in his bag, which I had just noticed was at my feet. He tells me there are 3 pokemon in there and to just pick one to help him out. I blindly reach into the bag and pull out the first pokeball I see. I run over to help the Professor and toss the pokeball. To my surprise a Treeko pops out. I've seen treecko in the forrest above Summer Town and it's strange that I just happened to pick one out of the bag. After helping out the Professor, he leads me to the lab back in town.

Professor Birch is impressed with my skills, saying I am just like my father. He says me and treecko were meant to be partners and gives him to me. I decide to call him Rico. Birch also tells me that I should go battle his daughter, who is reaching pokemon for him on Route 103. I had no where else to go, so I said yes. He told me that north of here was a town called Oldale, and if I kept on the path I'd reach route 103 in no time and I'd find May right away. I talk up his offer and head off

Party:

Rico
Treecko Lvl 5 Mild
-Pound
-Leer

So that begins my journey. There isn't much in here now with pokemon, but I felt like writing up a story that'd go along with the challenge. I also forgot how to do the spoiler tag so if anyone can tell me, thanks!

Starting a Nuzlocke of Leaf Green and I'm planning to do a comic strip of it. :)

Rules:
Only catch first pokemon in an area (exception for shinies)
Faints, it's dead
Name everything
One poke ball per mart
Blackout = game over even if pokes in pc
No legendary use

:)

I am getting a little ahead of how far I have posted, and rest assured that I am writing the next parts. However I have a little bit of a question concerning granite cave. I feel as though there are three options but don't know which to go for.

1. I treat each floor as a separate area which would allow me to get quite a few captures
2. I treat each floor as a second chance at a capture, with the first capture on whatever floor as my capture for the whole cave
3. I treat the whole cave as one area

Which would be standard for a Nuzlocke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)