Nuzlocke Challenge

Hai everyone. I been a long time lurker here and got really intersted in the Nuzlocke challenge and decide to find my pearl try one. I combined it with a mono type run to make it feel at little more epic so I had to modify the rules a bit.

1. If a pokémon in my party faints, I must release it as soon as possible.
2. If all the pokémons in my party faint, I can make a new party with pokémons that are waiting in the PC. If there are no posion type pokémons in the PC, the game is over.
3. I can only use posion type pokemon or pokemon that will evole into a posion type pokemon. The only exception to this hm slaves.
4. The battle type will be SET
5. I can only catch 1 pokemon of each species and only one member of each family.
6. I can`t use no healing items in or outside of battle. The only exception is on the elite 4 run where I can use whatever potions I find on the ground through the game.
7. Legendaries cannot be used since none are posion.
8. I will nickname all my pokémons.
9. I can buy one item per shop I visit.
10. After the 3rd gym I have to get rid of 300 yen by buying potions and tossing them for each use at a pokemon center after the first heal.
11. I will not use the Daycare center.
12. If I have no poke balls catch an hm slave with and I need them to pass through the game, it is game over.

So as soon as I got to Jubilife City I caught a budew and released my piplup to begin my run. I had a few close calls but no deaths with my party. I`ll post the beginning of my game soon when I have more time, but intill then I`ll post the pokemon I got and where I`m.

Oreburgh city. Havn`t challenge Roark yet.

Pride (zubat) lvl 11 calm female
Currently the punk of the group. Became friends with with Breezy early.
Hates the colors white and brown because of starlys.

Breezy (budew) lvl 15 Gentle female
Has proving to be the leader of the 2. Became friends with Pride early.
Is very worried about its battle with roark.

Nuzlocke stuff
Wow, you REALLY want a challenge, don't you?
-Take a Nuzlocke challenge, already somewhat difficult on its own
-Put in the most difficult Nuzlocke rules (no items/Pokecenters cost money/limited Pokeballs)
-Make it a monotype
-Then for good measure take one of the worst types in existence to play with.

Good luck, you'll probably need it :P

@Lightshaver: You realize that
A) Sinnoh has a steel leader who resisits Normal and is immune to poison
B) Bertha and Lucian
C) Garchomp and Gastrodon in the final battle

...wow... I feel like anyone who has ever lost a challenge (self
included) should be disgraced if you win.

B) Bertha and Lucian

Toxic-stalling can largely get him around B and C, but A is definitely going to be a bitch. He almost needs Toxicroak to stand a chance, and the odds of him getting one are fairly slim (unless he's allowed to ignore non-poison types and just catch the 1st poison-type he sees?)

EDIT: Actually, forget what I said about getting around B, Bertha can be toxic-stalled but no poison-type save Drapion (EDIT: And Skuntank who can't be caught in Pearl) can take Psychics all day. And if he gets Drapion he can't get Toxicroak...

EDIT 2:A list of the Pokemon he can use (I'm waiting for a study group and very bored):
-Roserade
-Crobat
-Dustox
-Gengar
-Skuntank (Diamond only so he'd have to trade for it, then again if he's trading this whole list is useless)
-Drapion (Mutually exclusive with Toxicroak)
-Toxicroak (Mutually exclusive with Drapion)
-Tentacruel

Not counting repeats and assuming he doesn't trade for Skuntank he only has 6 Pokemon to use... I suppose he could allow each zone of the Great Marsh to be a separate zone to catch from, but still only 7 different Pokemon.

That mono-poison nuzlocke sounds hellishly challenging.

But at least you aren't doing a mono fire?
THAT would be impossible.

But still props to you for this and good luck

I'm back.... kinda

Hello fellow Smogonites. I don't know how many of you were around when I first did my Leaf Green challenge( seen here, along with links http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2680067&postcount=828 ), but now being bored to tears I have decided to come back from a long hiatus to do another Nuzlocke challenge(please note, I am ONLY back for the Nuzlocking, and even then my posts may be few and far between). Actualy, I'm doing two, but you'll only get the full story of one, since I was an idiot and didn't start writting immediately, and I'm now at the Victory road of Diamond while my writting is stuck back before the first gym.
This post will act as sort of a log for how my Diamond challenge has gone so far. Sorry I could not get a full fledged story going here, but it's just way too much catch-up.

Rules
-Victory will be the defeat of the Elite 4
-One Pokemon per route, it MUST be the first pokemon, and if it's a repeat... tough luck
-Nicknames are essential. Forgetting to nickname a pokemon is as good as fainting it.
-I can only use pokemon centers in towns with gyms once before I beat the gyms, afterward there's unlimited use
-I can only buy $10,000 worth of things at the pokemart. This gives a slight advantage at first, but a large dissadvantage later on
-Also at the pokemarts, I can buy 10 pokeballs at the very beginning, but afterwards I cannot buy any type of pokeball.
-Legendaries must be fainted or run away from.
-And, of course, Fainting equals death by release, and a very sad me

Installment 1 of the Basic Log
-Got piplup, eventualy nicknames Poseidon(docile)
-ran into pokemon on the way to rowan's, no pokemon for me on route 201
-caught Spike the Shinx on route 202(Bold, Rivalry)
-got to Jubilife
-went north and caught Fangorn the Budew on route 204(lonely, natural cure)
-LVd up enough to take on Draco(rival)
-missed Abra on route 203
-Caught Balboah the Geodude in the Oreburgh gate(quiet, sturdy)
-Caught Michal the zubat(bonus points to whoever can guess where that nickname came from) in the Oreburgh mine(Adamant, Inner Focus)
-Caught Aaragorn the Machop on route 207(Adamant, Guts)
-beat the gym!!
-as a side effect of beating the Oreburgh gym, Poseidon evolved into Prinplup.

---------------
Team so far

-Poseidon(Prinplup)
definite work horse of the team, single-handedly blew away the oreburgh gym, though the Cranidos gave us a little scare. He has taken the whole team under his wing, and is undoubtedly(and he's made sure of that) the team leader.
-Spike(shinx)
Spike hasn't really been pulling his weight, but he's good at getting those who do fight into a good mood. The only one who is really friends with Fangorn.
-Fangorn(Budew)
Fangorn is still in his developing stages, and wasn't ready to take on a gym yet, but he's determined to get better. His lonely nature makes it hard to really bond with him, but Spike's boldness has gotten through, and they are excellent friends.
-Balboah(geodude)
Balboah is extremely quiet, but always sure of himself and his friends. He doesn't like to boast, but he's easily the sturdiest of the team, and he's always willing to switch in and take a hit.
-Michal(Zubat)
Michal is still trying to get used to the squad, and it doesn't help that he's grumpy when we're in the sun. But he's gradualy warming up to us, and it helps that we've been training in his home cave.
-Aaragorn(Machop)
Machop is trying his best to increase his fighting abilities. He loves playing with his new move Rock Smash, but he's a bit over-zealous and more than once I've had to remind him that Balboah is our team mate. Still, he and Balboah get along surprisingly well, and I expect that it's all just a game to them.

Captured-six
Deaths-zero
gym badges-one

I think I'll do these in installments, and I may try to make a story out of some of them, (Spoiler) especialy when someone dies.(dramatic music)
If you'd prefer me not post these then give me a heads up, I know a log can be boring. The HG run that I'll be doing after this one will be completely written out.

Nothing important, but:
Release date for first half of chapters is currently Christmas Eve, but it could be a day or so off.
And: Flamestrike, Ginganinja, and Lightsabre posts on the same page again... This is starting to look a bit more like the thread six months ago.

EDIT: And is it just me, or is a Nuzlocke the easiest way to guarantee a Shiny encounter?

Wow, you REALLY want a challenge, don't you?
-Take a Nuzlocke challenge, already somewhat difficult on its own
-Put in the most difficult Nuzlocke rules (no items/Pokecenters cost money/limited Pokeballs)
-Make it a monotype
-Then for good measure take one of the worst types in existence to play with.

Good luck, you'll probably need it :P
Yeah I`ll need it as I had a few close calls I lost an hm slave early because I switch to it on accident vs mars and made me realize I never made rule agasint it.

B) Bertha and Lucian

Mostly I have to rely on super effective move my team For steels I got to buy Focus blast my one buy for Gengar and get Toxicroak.
For bertha Tentacruel and Roserade and for Lucian Drapion
For Garchomp I`m going to have to teach Tentacruel an ice move not sure which to have a chance.

Toxic-stalling can largely get him around B and C, but A is definitely going to be a bitch. He almost needs Toxicroak to stand a chance, and the odds of him getting one are fairly slim (unless he's allowed to ignore non-poison types and just catch the 1st poison-type he sees?)

EDIT: Actually, forget what I said about getting around B, Bertha can be toxic-stalled but no poison-type save Drapion (EDIT: And Skuntank who can't be caught in Pearl) can take Psychics all day. And if he gets Drapion he can't get Toxicroak...

EDIT 2:A list of the Pokemon he can use (I'm waiting for a study group and very bored):
-Roserade
-Crobat
-Dustox
-Gengar
-Skuntank (Diamond only so he'd have to trade for it, then again if he's trading this whole list is useless)
-Drapion (Mutually exclusive with Toxicroak)
-Toxicroak (Mutually exclusive with Drapion)
-Tentacruel

Not counting repeats and assuming he doesn't trade for Skuntank he only has 6 Pokemon to use... I suppose he could allow each zone of the Great Marsh to be a separate zone to catch from, but still only 7 different Pokemon.
Lucky I can use both Drapion and Toxicroak because I have I got rid of the first encounter rule for the once species rule. No Trading is allowed except to get Gengar.

I truly seen how hard this challenge will be once I remembe what Mars have and none of my pokemon was evolved at all. I had to train to have a chance and still barely won (knowing Mars purgly had a berry so taught Pride pluck)and lose an hm slave which could put me a risk of rule 12. I even doubt that I`ll get through the game with the six I had to use, but at least it isn`t fire. So I need skill and a lot of luck but I think I got the luck. Now to update on my pokemon run so far. I`ll still need to post a story soon.

Pride (zubat) lvl 18 calm female
Currently the punk of the group. She sat out during Breezy battle with Roark and want some action once she found out we have a new foe in Mars. Almost died, but was saved by The rock.

Breezy (budew) lvl 21 Gentle female
Has proving to be the leader of the 2. She slam Roarks pokemon with no problem

Justin (Bidoof) Hm slave
the nerd of the group even though Mobuis ( My trainer name) Refuse to train her, He took her in and use her to Smash rocks. She filled in for The Rock spot

Neo Eht (Buizel) Shiny
Yes a shiny. Even though Mobuis won`t train him, He decided the rare pokemon was too rare to let go. I think Rediamond is right about the shinies

Dead
The Rock Hm slave
The only male this far. He missed being the man of the group and gave his life to save Pride.

On my way to the Elite Four in FireRed with nothing but a Blastoise, Vileplume, and Jolteon, all above level 50... Jolteon uses Dig, level 38 Geodude uses Magnitude 8, Jolteon goes down, and I give up. I'm out of places to catch pokemon and out of good pokemon to use. I'm starting over. No way I could beat the E4 with just a Blastoise and Vileplume.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
^Have you fished in cities or tried Seafoam Islands/PowerPlant/MtEmber?
EDIT: And is it just me, or is a Nuzlocke the easiest way to guarentee a Shiny encounter?
I found a shiny Rattata once under the Species Clause thing.

Still caught it.

On my way to the Elite Four in FireRed with nothing but a Blastoise, Vileplume, and Jolteon, all above level 50... Jolteon uses Dig, level 38 Geodude uses Magnitude 8, Jolteon goes down, and I give up. I'm out of places to catch pokemon and out of good pokemon to use. I'm starting over. No way I could beat the E4 with just a Blastoise and Vileplume.
Considering you can do it with only Blastoise, then you can certainly do it with that and a backup.

LIVE TO WIN.

TILL YOU DIE.

TILL THE LIGHT DIES IN YOUR EYES.

LIVE TO WIN.

TAKE IT ALL.

JUST KEEP FIGHTING TILL YOU FALL.

@Reeve: Vaporeon+Venusaur kill league. I can do it, you can too.

EDIT: And now a Mattman 324 post? Wow, this is starting to look like it looked when I started lurking Smogon before joining...

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Finished Giovanni, would have been a Golduck sweep if Dugtrio didn't crit me... I lived, it's a Dugtrio five levels below.

ok, after three failed attempts to post the second installment, I am giving up on it. Especialy since I'm at the E4 and only have one pokemon to lv up 6 more times before I take them on.

Basics of my challenge

-beat gym 2(Michal MVP)
-Spike fainted to a bronzor that confused it, then put it to sleep. during sleep it knocked me down to one HP, and I forgot about confusion which finnished it off. RIP
-Caught PepeLePew the stunky for fire type move and immunity to psycic(team has three weak to it o.0)
-Beat 3rd(Michal MVP), 4th(Fangorn[now Roserade] MVP), 5th(Skuntank MVP), 6th(Skuntank MVP), and 7th(Skuntank MVP) gyms no problem
-Downed Cyrus and Aaragorn solod Dialga(that thing gives less exp than I had hoped for)
-beat final gym(Balboah MVP)
-beat rival final time
-grinding to lv 60 for E4

my current team is

PepeLePew lv 54(grinding)

Quiet-Aftermath
stats to be editted in when finnished grinding

Night Slash/Toxic/Flamethrower/Poison Jab

PepeLePew was the final member of our team. He was extremely valuable down the stretch, and battled like a champ. She made friends with Balboah, which surprised me at first, but I then realized that they were both quiet as a rule, so they got along rather well

Poseidon lv 60

Docile-Torrent
HP:180/ATK:125/DEF:150/SP. ATK:153/SP. DEF:138/Speed:113

Surf/Drill Peck/Waterfall/Ice Beam

Poseidon's seen it all, and fired back. His steel typing has been a huge help to the team, providing an excellent switch in to any special attack. One of my two monster walls, he took everything directed at him, and then swept away the opponent. At first Poseidon was very self relient, and didn't like to have other pokemon fight, because they got in his way, or so he thought. He was somewhat changed by the death of Spike, and tried to comfort Fangorn, and soon they became good friends

Michal lv 60

Adamant-Inner Focus
HP:188/ATK:154/DEF:141/SP. ATK:99/SP. DEF:102/Speed: 189

Fly/Defog/Aerial Ace/Poison Fang

Michal has been the all important fighting resist on the squad, and has also given us an invaluable ground immunity. Those two resists/immunities are all important because the two heavy duty tanks on my team(Poseidon and Balboah) are both weak to fightingand ground. His Aerial Ace has helped against many a double teamer. Amongst the team he's been kind of the replacement for Spike as far as cheering people on goes. He is friend to pretty much everyone on the team, and especialy close with Aaragorn, and he has taken many a rock type attack for Michal.

Balboah lv 60

Quiet-Sturdy
HP:173/ATK:161/DEF:209/SP. ATK:85/SP. DEF:89/Speed:88

Earthquake/Rock Smash/Rock Slide/Rock Climb

Balboah is the other part of my walling duo. His immense DEF means he can pretty much switch in and take any physical attack. His type coverage is wonderful, and his attack stat is huge. On the team Balboah plays the quiet mentor. He is actualy incredibly smart, and has helped many, especialy PepeLePew, on the way to where they are. He is respected by the entire team, and has a close friendship with Aaragorn that has been there since day one. His is also quite close to PepeLePew.

Aaragorn lv 60

Adamant-Guts
HP:198/ATK:214/DEF:149/SP. ATK:86/SP. DEF:112/Speed:99

Strength/Revenge/Payback/Brick Break

Aaragorn is the powerhouse of the squad, as far as regular attack goes anyway. His fighting type moves will creamate anything weak to them, and most things that don't resist them. He got ticked off at Ghastly once, and learned the move payback to demolish ghosts as well. On the team he's closest with Balboah. He also has a good relationship with Michal, and is the pep talk guy of the group. He also makes sure, once he's given the pep talk, that he holds his end of the bargain up, and hasn't come up short yet.

Fangorn lv 60

Lonely-Natural Cure
HP:154/ATK:111/DEF:90/SP. ATK:171/SP. DEF:145/Speed:143

Cut/Grass Knot/Mega Drain/Sludge Bomb

Fangorn is my all imclusive answer to water types not names Empoleon(Aaragorn goes the work there). Sludge Bomb is there for reliable(and powerful) STAB, while Grass Knot dilivers huge chunks to most pokemon now and Mega Drain grants reliable healing when up against a 4x weak opponent. When Spike first went down I immediately was opened to a Gyarados weakness, but now with Grass Knot I 2KO all and OHKO some, so it's no longer a problem. The story of Fangorn is a long tale indeed. When he first started out he was unsure of himself, very weak, and very lonely. Spike came to his rescue and mentored him up for a long time. Then that fateful day happened when Spike passed. Fangorn couldn't stop crying, and refused to be comforted. The next day Fangorn went into a rage, destroying everything in sight. I'd never seen it so mad, or powerful. Then a brilliant light shown around him, and he was finally evolved. He settled down, with the help of Michal and Poseidon, and vowed to avenge his brother. He has since torn through anything I put him in front of, and I had to hold himback in order to capture PepeLePew.

that's my team. The only death that has occured is Spike, which to be perfectly honest I wasn't all that upset about. His nature+his ability made him rather horrid. But I never like to lose a team member. I will edit in my bout with the E4 once it's over. I'll do it in the same format I did my Leaf Green challenge, and I'll give a little bit of storyline to go with it. Sorry I couldn't get this one into story. The computer has just messed up on me too many times, and I'm tired of re-writting it

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
OM NOM NOM.
DetroitLolcat's Heartgold Nuzlocke Challenge!
Part 4: Climbing the Tower!

Lolcat steps into Violet City, pursuing the terrorist that destroyed his hometown of New Bark. Hooters and Quil followed him. After stepping into the entrance gate, Lolcat found Lyra and her new Marill.

"Hey Lolcat, fancy meeting you here!"
"Oh, hey Lyra. I'm trying to find that terrorist. Why did you leave New Bark?"
"I wanted to give you something. It was found in the wreckage of Elm's Lab. No use to us now, but it could be useful for a Trainer like you."
Lyra handed the Vs. Recorder to Lolcat, and Lolcat thanked her.
Lolcat stepped into downtown Violet, and got his first taste of a major city. He hits the Pokemon Center to see if that red-haired assailant is there. He was not. Lolcat spoke to Nurse Joy:
"Joy! Have you seen a somewhat short, darkly dressed, red-haired boy come here recently?"
"You mean the New Bark Bomber? Oh, God, no! Why? Was the Bomber spotted here??? Is Violet safe?"
"It's fine, Joy. I was just seeing if he was spotted here. I'm from New Bark, but I was gone during the attack."
"Oh, good luck finding him. The Police have been searching for days, though..."

Lolcat heals up and enters Earl's Academy of Pokemon Training. Lolcat sees the school's plaque, reading:
Earl Adams' Academy of Pokemon Training, est. November 21, 1999. "Where the weak become the strong."

Lolcat is puzzled at the school's title, but doesn't see anything of importance there. Lolcat further explores the city, seeing a Mart, a Gym, and some paths to other cities. Lolcat steps onto a small island north of the city with some lanterns on it to light up the night. Lolcat thinks, "Wow, what a nice place to live. Best Police Department in Johto besides Goldenrod, Earl's Academy, a Gym. Even the Sprout Tower! I want to return here someday."

Lolcat enters the north Sprout Tower. The peaceful ambiance of Violet is replaced with the stoic air of discipline. Lolcat walks between two symmetric statues of Bellsprout and greets some of the monks and visitors. One of the older visitors tells the history of Sprout Tower; of the colossal Bellsprout that became this tower, holding the tower in place. Lolcat talks to a monk guarding a ladder.

"Darest ye take the challenge of the sages? Thou climbest this ladder, and battlest the Tower's Sages. Only then will you battle the Great Sage, learn the Way of the Bellsprout, and receive the Lost Technique of Sprout."
"Uhh, I darest?"
"Ok then go ahead lol XD" replied the wizened sage.

Lolcat steps onto a barren second floor, and is challenged by a single Sage.

"Overcome your weakness. defeat me.", replied the Sage. Lolcat sent out Hooters to dismantle the Sage's three Bellsprout, and gains a level in the process. Lolcat descends to the first floor, and is given a small reward for his first victory here (a Parlyz Heal). Lolcat traverses the border of the tower, and meets his second sage.

"Respect your Pokemon, however weak they be." Quil and Hooters make short work of this Sage, both leveling up. Lolcat climbs a ladder onto the second floor, and claims a second reward for his victory, an X Accuracy. Guarding the stairs to the third floor is the third Sage.
"Your Pokemon must be nimble!", announced the Sage. Hooters fails to land a Hypnosis and must fall back to Quil, who finishes the fight. But before Lolcat rises another level, he finds...

A wild Gastly. Lolcat sleeps it, then captures it. Lolcat returns to the Pokemon Center to heal the Gastly, then takes it for training at Sprout Tower. Gastly has 100 Base SpA, but a -SpA nature :(

Unfortunately, at this point my ROM crashed. Boo, hoo!

End of Part 4

Part 5 will be longer and less ROM-Crashier!

Ok, well, I've tried three different methods of getting this into a decent story, but none of them have worked. I beat the E4, with a few high points, and some hax... in MY favor for once!!! Interesting things to note are that PepeLePew critted Bronzong(one of the two pokemon I was truly afraid of) on his fifth turn; and the biggest moment was against Garchomp. The log for Bronzong had gone like this

(1st) Night Slash(deals 21-24%) ---Calm Mind
Night Slash ---- Calm Mind
Night Slash ---- Calm Mind(sitrus berry activates, now at 50 something%)
Night Slash ---- Calm Mind(30% left)
night Slash CRIT!!

That one crit allowed me to finnish off Lucian, and probably saved my whole team. yes, Night Slash was my best bet against him, despite the entire reason for me getting Skuntank being flamethrower.

The log for Garchomp went like this

Michal vs. Garchomp

Michal switch to Poseidon(trying to bait giga impact) ------ Giga Impact

Ice Beam(leaves him with 10%) FREEZE!!! --- (1st)Recharge

Ice Beam KO --------- (1st) THAW!!! Dragon Rush, MISS!!

Yes, I know it's a cheap way to win, but heck if that's what it took, then I'll take it.

Pokemon truly used: 7
Pokemon deaths: 1

RIP Spike

Woo, get to add a new challenge to the completed list! Good job completing with only one death (I'm up to 6-7 in HG and I'm still not done Red and the second round of the E4 -_-). Speaking of which, I'll be updating whenever I get around to grinding and actually have some progress to report. I have a 10 hour car trip on Tuesday, so we can probably expect progress to happen then XD

I'll make an actual update eventually, but I have a little story to tell about my FireRed run.

I was on route 18, minding my own Species-Clause business and hoping for a Fearow. The first Pokemon I find: Rattata. I just walked around in the grass after this, not looking at the screen. What do I hear?

*wild Pokemon music*
RATTATA
*bling*

Yes, I found a shiny Rattata on my Nuzlocke run. Did I catch it? Heck yes. Am I using it? No, don't want it to die.
I did that on Route 1. Why is it always a Rattata?

Re-attempting a FireRed Nuzlocke, this time with Squirtle, I'm taking my chances with the Weedles/Poisons.

Rules:

Standard Nuzlocke
Only basic pokeballs, evolution stones, and TM's may be purchased, as well as plot-critical items, such as drinks for the guards.
No Legends, as if I'd get through either of the 4 locations without bumping into a wild...
I am allowed to catch HM slaves if I absolutley have to do so. This slave must never be used in battle, [KO v Wilds beforehand so it can't even be sacrificed]. Because deaths by plot are lame.
Absolute level cap of 65 before fighting the E4 Round 2. Nuzlocke is complete upon defeat of Round 2.
Battle Style: SET

EDIT: Grinding for Brock, and lost my Metapod 1 battle from Lv 10, to a Rattata's Crit <_<

Current Status:
1 Badge
Liketurtle: Lv 12 Squirtle
Lancer: Lv 12 Spearow
Fear: Lv 6 Spearow
COMmon 2nd: Lv 10 Zubat

R.I.P
Flutter: Lv 9 Metapod: Death by Crit
Wingman: Lv 3 Pidgey: Death by Crit
COMmon: Lv 11 Rattata: Death by Poision Point

I'm starting a Nuzlocke run on Emerald. I'll be going by these rules:
- Release upon Death
- First Poke in a Route Only
- No Healing Items Outside of Battle
- No Legendaries in Battle
- No Purchasing Poke Balls of any sort, by any means.
This is going to be somewhat of a blow-by-blow account; bear with me.

Chapter 1: A New Journey Begins

Hey, it's Professor Birch. Late again... go figure. He's blabbing about Pokemon, as if I don't know what one is. My dad's a Gym Leader; I would know. Anyhow, he's trying to figure out what gender I am. "ARE YOU A GIIIIIIRL?" I'm a boy, and my name is Terra. My new adventure awaits, etc. etc.

I'm sitting with the boxes in the moving van. Surprise, surprise. Mom's vase breaks on my head (no great loss there) and I know we're at our new house. It's actually a nice town. Mom's saying that I get my own room finally. Believe me, Dad smells like rotten goat feces. All these Vigoroth are marching around the house, moving us in. I go upstairs and set the clock: 9:36 AM. I've got a GameCube, I noticed. Cool beans. I grab a Potion out of the PC (how the crap did I do that?) and hear Mom yelling at me to come down. The announcer says something about Petalburg, and Mom says Dad was on. Meh, I see him every day. Anyhow, she wants me to go introduce myself to this Birch fellow. Wait, haven't I met him already?

Birch is away doing "field work". Yay. I head for the grasses north of Littleroot, but a little girl (what am I doing listening to a little girl?) tells me to not go out there. I decide to saunter over to my neighbor's house, whereupon some old lady jumps me at the door. She says she has a daughter around my age. She's excited about making a new friend, and she's upstairs. I'm hoping that two and two does not equal four here, if you know what I'm saying. Thankfully, it doesn't. She's not upstairs, so I raid her room and find a Poke Ball... or not. She arrives. Apparently, her name is May. Her Dad is Professor Birch, eh? I wonder if she knows where the old man is. She has to join him on field duties, but walks over to her computer. Eh, I'll try the grass again.

The little girl is telling me to go be fodder for scary Pokemon. No surprise there. Like the idiot I am, I walk forward. Professor Birch is being chased by a Zigzagoon, and he apparently needs my help. He says there are Pokemon in his Bag. Now, I could take all three... but for some reason, I don't. I take Mudkip, the Mud Fish Pokemon. So the battle begins. She's a fairly modest one, but I know she'll turn out great. Anyhoo, there's a Zigzagoon in front of me. TACKLE! TACKLE AGAIN! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S GROWLING, TACKLE IT! KO'd without a sweat; it doesn't even try to attack.

Apparently, Birch was studying Pokemon when he got jumped. He must be even more stupid than me. I'm suddenly at his Lab (wat?), and apparently he's heard of me too. Small town. He thinks I'm good at Pokemon because I can tell Mudkip to tackle, and gives her to me. Her name: Maddie (it's a pun on "muddy", see?). Birch thinks I have potential, and tells me to go see May. OK then oldster, I'll do it. Off with my own Pokemon, the adventure begins.

Team as of Chapter 1:
Maddy the Mudkip (Lv. 5)

Chapter 2: My First Test

Route 101 seems pretty serene. I try walking up to a wandering man, and a Poochyena pops up from nowhere. Maddie comes out and makes quick work of it with her Tackles, but suffers a bit of damage along the way. I talk to this guy, and he tells me that Pokemon jump out of tall grass. Thanks for telling me what I just learned, bro. The sign says that Oldale Town is ahead. Hi-ho!

I reach Oldale without any further incidents. I stop by the Pokemon Center to pep Maddie back up a bit, then talk to a guy in a Pokemon Mart uniform. The tutorial music screams at me, and I suddenly wish I didn't. Blah, blah, blah, asinine tutorial. I march past him, into Route 103. Surprisingly, I reach May without a single encounter. I jump her from behind; she's not startled at all. She sees that I have a Pokemon and (of course) challenges me to a battle.

So my first challenge as a Trainer begins. She has a Lv. 5 Treecko, which (thankfully) has no Grass moves yet. It decides to Leer at Maddie while she Tackles it 3 times, bringing it to red health. Its Pound is ineffectual, and Maddie gets the KO. She levels up to Level 7 with the experience given, and learns Mud Slap to boot. 300 Poke for a win is pretty crappy, but what do I care? May also thinks I'm so special because I know how to mindlessly Tackle, and tells me to go back to the Lab. OK then, can do.

She beckons me to the Lab, which I enter to find both Birch and May. Birch says May has been a Trainer for ages already... does that mean that she's older than I think? Anyhow, Birch gives me a Pokedex to keep track of Pokemon with. May gives me some Balls, which brings me up to seven. Now I can catch Pokemon! Not sure what to do from here, I leave the Lab.

My mom catches me en route out of Littleroot, and asks if I've met Birch. Of course I have. She's fawning over me and Maddie; we're both about to hurl. She gives me some Running Shoes, and reads me the instructions. Wait, Running Shoes need instructions? I head off on my quest, not to fill the Pokedex as May and Birch think, but to become Pokemon League Champion! I can make it. I know I can.

Team as of Chapter 2:
Maddy the Mudkip (Lv.7)

Chapter 3: Into the Wild

I pass through Route 101 again, running into a Wurmple. That reminds me, I need to buy some Antidotes. Everyone knows that poisonous places are a young Trainer's worst foe. The Wurmple itself is no trouble, though. After fending off another of its kind, I stop by the Pokemon Center to heal off the damage from that Treecko. I then go to the Pokemon Mart, where I buy three Potions and five Antidotes. I then proceed into Route 103, where I hope for an encounter with a strong Pokemon (having not had an encounter there before). A Poochyena, Level 3. Ah, well. It's worth catching. Sadly, I crit the stupid mutt with my second Tackle. Down it goes. I leave Route 103 and meander into Route 102.

My second Trainer Battle is against this twerp called Calvin, who has a Level 5 Poochyena. It deals quite a number with a +2 Crit, but I KO it with a crit of my own. Maddie grows to Level 8, and I head back to the Pokemon Center to heal off the 13 points Maddie took from that pooch. Having done so, I stroll once again into the grasses of Route 102. Another Poochyena appears, still Level 3. A Tackle and a Mud Slap nail it to a few HP points. My first Poke Ball catches it, and I name her Lucy. I don't reckon that she'll be of much use as a fighter, but any help is appreciated.

A Bug Catcher shows up; what a surprise that is. His name is Rick, and no doubt his Wurmple's nickname is Roll. It goes down without dealing a point to me, and a clone pops up in its place. This one manages to hit me with one measly Tackle before hitting the floor. Maddie grows to Level 9 off the experience spoils. Man, I'm getting no money from beating up children. I pass a sneezing kid to find another Youngster who has the audacity to challenge me. His Zigzagoon, at a puny Level 4, barely puts up a fight. He follows it up with a Level 3 Tailow, which does absolutely nothing before falling to my Tackles. Wow, Pokemon is easier than my dad made it out to be. I happen across some Oran and Pecha berries. I don't replant; I know I'll never see this patch of dirt again. Instead, I let Maddie hold one of the Orans and stow the rest in my pack. Another humdrum Trainer battle follows my Berry plucking: this time, it's a young Lass. As usual, Maddie mauls the challengers, growing to Level 10 and learning Water Gun in the process. After finding a Potion and squashing another Wurmple (not a good idea; they leave a mess all over one's shoe), I walk into Petalburg City.

After healing Maddie and Lucy up, I speak to a woman standing in the middle of the road. Her son, Wally, is missing. Ah, well. Sucks for her. I enter my dad's Gym, hoping to show him my Pokemon. To my surprise, the Wally in question interrupts our touching reunion, begging for a Pokemon. Dad lends him a Zigzagoon to catch his own Pokemon with, as well as a Poke Ball to keep it in. The tutorial music plays as Wally and I leave the gym, and I have a premonition that this is a tutorial for me. Oh, the irony. The lucky duck runs into a RALTS and manages to catch it. I'm so jealous. I'm teleported back to the Gym (how do these guys DO that?) to suffer through the rest of Dad and Wally's dialouge. Dad tells me to go to Rustboro and kick Roxanne's butt, and proceed to defeat the other Pokemon Gyms. Dad won't let me try for his Badge yet; no doubt I have to prove myself. Off I go, to Rustboro City! Glory and victory await! Of course, nobody realizes that they're sending a child to roam the region and get into finds... but I'm not miffed. Goodbye, Petalburg; hello, Rustboro!

Team as of Chapter 3:
Maddie the Mudkip (Lv. 10)
Lucy the Poochyena (Lv. 3)

Sadly, Chapter 4 and most of Chapter 5 were deleted when my computer shut off. A quick summary will be provided below:
- I ran into a weird man as I was leaving Petalburg
- I fought several trainers en route to Petalburg Woods; my encounter, a Poochyena, was KO'd.
- I fought a vicious battle with a Shroomish, but KO'd it before I could catch it
- I ventured through Petalburg Woods, encountering Team Aqua for the first time.
- I recieved the TM for Bullet Seed
- I fought several more trainers en route to Rustboro City, including my first Double Battle.
- I recieved Cut from Cutter
- I recieved Quick Claw from the Pokemon Trainer's School professor
- I fought past the Gym Trainers in Roxanne's gym
- I almost defeated Roxanne
- Maddie grew to Level 16; Lucy grew to Level 7
- Roxanne's Nospeass was lowered to 1/3 HP; Maddie was at 2/3

Chapter 5 Ending: Stone Badge

Her Nosepass suffered a final Water Gun at Maddie's hands, allowing the final KO. She grew to Level 17, proud of her victory. Roxanne's defeat came as a bit of a shock, and she admitted that she had much yet to learn. She then gave me 1500 Poke and the Stone Badge for my victory.

What?!? Maddie is changing! I've never seen this before... she morphed into a Marshtomp with a flash of white light! After Maddie's evolution, Roxanne tells me about the Stone Badge's properties. She says that it boosts my Pokemon's Attack stat and allows them to use Cut outside of battle. She also gives me TM 39, for Rock Tomb, and warns me that TMs are one-time use items. Apparently, she respects me more than the average challenger. I leave the Rustboro Gym, ready to proceed onward. Man, if the rest of the League is this easy, I'll be Champion in no time!

Team as of Chapter 5:
Maddie the Marshtomp (Level 17)
Lucy the Poochyena (Level 7)

Badges: 1

Chapter 6: The Theft of the Devon Goods

Immediately after exiting the Rustboro Gym, I see a Team Aqua Grunt running away from the building to the Gym's west. The Researcher attempts to pursue him, beseeching the Grunt to return his Goods. They both head northward; after resting my Pokemon up at the Pokemon Center, I set off in hot pursuit.

Running up into Route 115, I immediately notice that they both weren't there. I do, however, spy a Super Potion lying on the beach, which I proceed to place in my Bag. Heading for the last intersection, I happen upon the Devon Researcher. He stops me and begged for my help; it is apparent that the crook had gone off to the East. Knowing that he couldn't get through the caves I had heard of from my dad anytime soon, I take my sweet time in Route 116. My first encounter there is a Whismur, which I choose to not capture. A swift Water Gun is sufficient to KO the culprit. I find a Repel to place in my Bag, then challenge a Bug Catcher to a battle. He has a Wurmple and a Nincada; they are easy prey for Maddie. I also ambush a Youngster hiding in the tall grass; his Machop is no match for Maddie. He needs a bandage after the battle, which I don't understand at all. A wild Nincada that crosses my path is quickly gunned down by Maddie's Water Gun, and I move on.

A Schoolgirl decides to challenge me en route to the cave. She sends out a Shroomish, which I'm particularly scared of now. Maddie is now twice as weak to Absorbs as she was before; it poses a major threat. Maddie's Tackle barely does half, and the Shroomish (thankfully) Tackles in response. Again, a volley of Tackles is exchanged. After the final hit for the KO, the Schoolgirl is surprised at her loss; my victory is no surprise to me. After defeating her, I spy a Tailow in the grass. (OoC: I weep here. I really would like to have a Tailow; in fact, I'm regretting not catching Whismur. Maybe it could've learned Cut). It becomes mere Water Gun fodder, allowing Maddie to reach Level 18. A Hiker and a Youngster challenge me to a Double Battle immediately after I dispose of the bird; they lead with a Geodude and a Shroomish, respectively. Maddie Water Guns the Geodude for an easy KO, followed by a volley of Tackles between Lucy and the Shroomish. I order both of my Pokemon to Tackle Shroomish, and the results are grim: Maddie's Tackle misses, Shroomish Absorbs Maddie, and Lucy is put to sleep by Effect Spore. I Tackle again with both; this time, the still-sleeping Lucy is the Absorb target. Maddie lands a Tackle for the KO, but is Poisoned by Effect Spore. Sleeping Lucy gains a level from the KO as the Youngster follows it up with a Lotad. I order Maddie to Tackle it, while I use Lucy's turn to give Maddie an Antidote. The Tackle OHKOs Lotad; victory is achieved. The femme fatales strike again.

Another Hiker ambushes me after the battle, and he opens with a Geodude. Naturally, Maddie effortlessly KOs it with a Water Gun. His second Geodude faces the same fate. Finally, I approach the cave. An old man bemoans the loss of his Wingull Peeko, which some thug took. Coincidence? I think not. After grabbing an X Special off of an adjacent cliff, I enter the cave. My first encounter there is a Whismur; I'm determined to catch this one. Maddie's Mud Slap brings it to within an inch of its life. The Whismur's Pound scores a critical hit, still doing little. I toss a Poke Ball at the runty mouse. Once the capture is complete, I give Whismur his name: Screech. I check to see if Screech can learn Cut; to my dismay, he cannot. After snagging a nearby Poke Ball, I confront the Grunt who captured Peeko. He wails about his bad luck, then challenges me to a battle. His one and only Pokemon is a Level 11 Poochyena, who Maddie crits and KO's with one Water Gun.

After the Grunt's defeat, he hands over the Devon Goods and leaves Peeko behind as he flees. The old man enters the cave, overjoyed at his Peeko's safety. He reveals himself to be Mr. Briney, who owns a cottage by the sea near Petalburg Woods. He then departs the cave with his beloved pet, and I do the same after steamrolling an irritating Whismur with Water Gun. After a chance encounter while running back to Rustboro, I show the Devon Goods to the Devon Researcher. He gives me another Great Ball in thanks and escorts me to Devon Corporation's top floor (wait, did I just instantaneously move again?), where the office of the President resides. Believe it or not, he asks me to deliver the goods to Slateport City's shipyard! Unbelievable.

I then speak with Mr. Stone, the President of the Devon Corporation. He, too, has a favor to ask. He wants me to give a letter to Steven in Dewford Town, and gives me said letter. At least the President offers something useful: The Pokemon Navigator, or Pokenav for short. It has a map, and some as-of-yet unexplored features. He mentions two criminal syndicates - Magma and Aqua - who are causing trouble in Hoenn. He heals my Pokemon and tells me to head out with caution and care. I consult my Pokenav and see that Dewford is an island town. Perhaps Mr. Briney can help me get there, and to Slateport as well.

Team as of Chapter 6:
Maddie the Marshtomp (Level 18)
Lucy the Poochyena (Level 8)
Screech the Whismur (Level 7)

Badges: 1

Tune in tomorrow for Chapter 7: Letter to Dewport!

I finally finished my soulsilver nuzlocke. I beat the E4 at least but I'm not sure if I want to continue on to kanto as I only have two pokemon now. :/

I know I said I'd write something for each e4 member, bit I was away from the computer when I decided to face them, so I didnt write anything. :P

I had Hindenburg, Jeckyll, Nettle, Marty and Armageddon level 58, and Zout level 60. I won without much trouble despite accidentally not healing after the 3rd and 4th member, so I faced Cynthia a bit battered.
Four of my team were matched by her (Garchomp, Lucario, Gastrodon and Roserade)

Thinking of doing an emerald run. Will post here if I do.

dragonite's nuzlocke journal- day 1

today i got a pokkemon it was a piplup (calm nature) named himm MacNCheese.
beat my rival barry.i also caught a budew named him POP CORN. pretty strong.
beat leader roark cot thhe coal badge. just north of orebourgh i also caught a machop.named him Dr.Punch caught a bidoof as an HM slave.

day 1 end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)