Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

Woah, it's already April? We can tell how people are doing through two days? Fabulous!

(sarcasm aside let's be patient, you'll get to enjoy your Yankees kicking ass soon enough)

orbpom123 said:
A-rod looks less sucky
It takes quite a bit of work to set yourself up to be the guy to record the last out for the season year after year when you only play 70-80 regular season games...

It takes quite a bit of work to set yourself up to be the guy to record the last out for the season year after year when you only play 70-80 regular season games...
Never said I'm jumping to conclusions, I just saw him swinging the bat better Of course this is shitty pitching(other than the first inning, Roy Halladay 1st pitch home run). I think he'll be healthier this year, had the blood spinning treatment Kobe got a while ago and he looks great.

Never said I'm jumping to conclusions, I just saw him swinging the bat better Of course this is shitty pitching(other than the first inning, Roy Halladay 1st pitch home run). I think he'll be healthier this year, had the blood spinning treatment Kobe got a while ago and he looks great.
When was the last time Kobe won a championship...?

.......uh.....only two years ago....? Were you trying to make a point here or something?
I was, but I think only I get it.

Anyways, has anyone bought MLB 12: The Show? I'm debating whether I want to spend $60 on a videogame I pretty much already have and was wondering what anyone thought about the extra features and shit.

God damn Ivan Nova looked like shit today...

God damn Ivan Nova looked like shit today...
He did his first start too, everyone is hyped up over him when they don't realize he's new to the league, hitters will now get to know him! And I get the 2k games every 2 years as every 1 isnt really changed, so I'd possibly wait for next seasons the show.

Kay, I have a league created. We need 12 people, so I'm just gonna ask that you guys PM me for the key/pass, and I'll send it to you ASAP.

Other things that need to be discussed are
- draft date
- stats
- position requirements
- roster moves

So I got MLB 12: The Show yesterday, and frankly it sucks balls. I'm not even fucking kidding, this game terrible. I haven't even actually played a game of baseball on it because I fucking quit before I even had the time to start a game.

To start out with, you literally have to sit and for 45 minutes before you even get to play the game in order to do all the updates and to download 10 GB of game data to make the game run smoother because of the sheer amount of data on the disc. That's all well and fine because it's a one time thing and all and at the time I thought it was worth it. It just took about 1 1/2 innings of me watching the Bos vs Pit game last night until it was finally over with.

Then, when the game starts up, instead of having a montage of the World Series or a video biograpgy of the guy on the cover, they decide to put the mother fucking Red Sox Game 162 collapse as the intro video to the fucking game. Litterally that reduced me to tears for about 15 minutes and just brought back all the anger and dissapointment that I had in September.

So after I took a few moments to cool off, I decided to play a game to test it out. So I go set up a temorary franchise with the Red Sox and the fucking roster has to be from like December. I mean for fucks sake, John Lackey was still the fucking 5 guy with Dice-K as the number 6. Carlos Silva and Vicente Padilla were still on the fucking Free Agent list along with it seems everyone who signed after the new year. Our fucking opening day catcher was Ryan Lavarnway instead of Saltalamacchia, Jose Iglasias was the starting SS, Clay Buchholz had better rankings than Jon Lester, our bullpen is nothing like what it is projected to be, not to mention that Bobby Jenks is our best statistical reliever. They didn't have Ryan Kalish on the minor leagues, Avilis was listed as our backup second baseman, and random no-name computer generated fucks were being placed as being higher rated than Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeny in right field, guys were totally overvalued/undervalued when they...

And it's not just the Red Sox that are messed up. The entire MLB is all garbage. The entire Yankees pitching situation is a hot mess of utter wrong. There is no Yu Darvish character on the Rangers nor is there any placeholder player like they did for Dice-K which is essentially him, but the name is changed for MLB PA reasons. It's pretty much the biggest move the Rangers made in aquiring this prospect and it's like they didn't even have sign him to a fucking contract. Guys like Edwin Jackson was not on a team. The roster fuck ups were just going on and on and on and on and I honestly don't have the motherfucking time to go through and create the entire 25 man roster for every fucking one of the 30 teams in the league plus the 60 fucking minor league teams that they also fucked up. I don't know what the fuck to do about guys like V-Mart or Lackey or Manny Rameriez who are out for the entire season yet they are avaliable for play right on opening day. It totally changes the fucking reality and situations of the entire upcomming season.

Finally, there was no mode for an expanded playoffs. I swear to god that I read that in franchise mode, there would be an option to have expanded playoffs. Instead, I get a fireball of shit. So they expect me to play an entire franchise when the rules for making the playoffs are totally ass backwards from what they are in real life... It's fucking bull crap.

I mean honestly. The other show games that I got had most of these problems fixed or not as fucked up as they are now. I'm thinking that none of these fucking people actually are informed about the offseason at all, and were just worried about making the fucking ball spin properly when it hits the pitchers mound. All these small changes are ggreat, but when you fuck up the rosters and the line ups and the player abilities, they mean literally nothing.

I feel like I fucking pissed away $60. I pretty much am refusing to play it and I'm probably going to go to Walmart and demand my money back. I mean, if you say that you have the most realistic sports game, it should be at least close to realistic. I mean come the fuck on. It's sad to say that one of the best game series has now tuned to being one of the fucking worst wastes of money I have ever spent. I don't think that I'm going to buy another baseball game for a long long time.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
Kay, I have a league created. We need 12 people, so I'm just gonna ask that you guys PM me for the key/pass, and I'll send it to you ASAP.

- draft date
- stats
- position requirements
- roster moves
i'll see my schedule in the coming weeks (gearing up to move in 3 weeks), so it depends on the date we draft. i would like to play though. also do we have to do w2w? baseball is destroyed by sss and it was kind of frustrating to see it.

So I got MLB 12: The Show yesterday, and frankly it sucks balls. I'm not even fucking kidding, this game terrible. I haven't even actually played a game of baseball on it because I fucking quit before I even had the time to start a game.

To start out with, you literally have to sit and for 45 minutes before you even get to play the game in order to do all the updates and to download 10 GB of game data to make the game run smoother because of the sheer amount of data on the disc. That's all well and fine because it's a one time thing and all and at the time I thought it was worth it. It just took about 1 1/2 innings of me watching the Bos vs Pit game last night until it was finally over with.

Then, when the game starts up, instead of having a montage of the World Series or a video biograpgy of the guy on the cover, they decide to put the mother fucking Red Sox Game 162 collapse as the intro video to the fucking game. Litterally that reduced me to tears for about 15 minutes and just brought back all the anger and dissapointment that I had in September.

So after I took a few moments to cool off, I decided to play a game to test it out. So I go set up a temorary franchise with the Red Sox and the fucking roster has to be from like December. I mean for fucks sake, John Lackey was still the fucking 5 guy with Dice-K as the number 6. Carlos Silva and Vicente Padilla were still on the fucking Free Agent list along with it seems everyone who signed after the new year. Our fucking opening day catcher was Ryan Lavarnway instead of Saltalamacchia, Jose Iglasias was the starting SS, Clay Buchholz had better rankings than Jon Lester, our bullpen is nothing like what it is projected to be, not to mention that Bobby Jenks is our best statistical reliever. They didn't have Ryan Kalish on the minor leagues, Avilis was listed as our backup second baseman, and random no-name computer generated fucks were being placed as being higher rated than Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeny in right field, guys were totally overvalued/undervalued when they...

And it's not just the Red Sox that are messed up. The entire MLB is all garbage. The entire Yankees pitching situation is a hot mess of utter wrong. There is no Yu Darvish character on the Rangers nor is there any placeholder player like they did for Dice-K which is essentially him, but the name is changed for MLB PA reasons. It's pretty much the biggest move the Rangers made in aquiring this prospect and it's like they didn't even have sign him to a fucking contract. Guys like Edwin Jackson was not on a team. The roster fuck ups were just going on and on and on and on and I honestly don't have the motherfucking time to go through and create the entire 25 man roster for every fucking one of the 30 teams in the league plus the 60 fucking minor league teams that they also fucked up. I don't know what the fuck to do about guys like V-Mart or Lackey or Manny Rameriez who are out for the entire season yet they are avaliable for play right on opening day. It totally changes the fucking reality and situations of the entire upcomming season.

Finally, there was no mode for an expanded playoffs. I swear to god that I read that in franchise mode, there would be an option to have expanded playoffs. Instead, I get a fireball of shit. So they expect me to play an entire franchise when the rules for making the playoffs are totally ass backwards from what they are in real life... It's fucking bull crap.

I mean honestly. The other show games that I got had most of these problems fixed or not as fucked up as they are now. I'm thinking that none of these fucking people actually are informed about the offseason at all, and were just worried about making the fucking ball spin properly when it hits the pitchers mound. All these small changes are ggreat, but when you fuck up the rosters and the line ups and the player abilities, they mean literally nothing.

I feel like I fucking pissed away $60. I pretty much am refusing to play it and I'm probably going to go to Walmart and demand my money back. I mean, if you say that you have the most realistic sports game, it should be at least close to realistic. I mean come the fuck on. It's sad to say that one of the best game series has now tuned to being one of the fucking worst wastes of money I have ever spent. I don't think that I'm going to buy another baseball game for a long long time.
They really had the Red Sox collapse as the intro? That really doesn't make sense as they have Gonzo on the cover. Even as a Yankees fan that seems kinda wrong, instead of showing Freese's triple or Longoria's walkoff, they show a collapse. I'd give the game a chance, from the looks of it you only browsed the options/Franchise Menu.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Password is Taco over here, dibs $100 on Carlos Zambarano.

Also wow that sounds like a shitty situatioWAIT YOU PAYED $60 DOLLARS FOR A CRAPPY BASEBALL GAME FROM A MAJOR DEVELOPER WHICH IS KNOWN FOR GYPPING PEOPLE (lol Sony)? AND YOU EXPECTED IT TO BE UP TO DATE? hahaah

i'll see my schedule in the coming weeks (gearing up to move in 3 weeks), so it depends on the date we draft. i would like to play though. also do we have to do w2w? baseball is destroyed by sss and it was kind of frustrating to see it.
yahoo is only week to week. and I was hoping we could do this in two weeks time over the weekend? Would that be good for everyone?

aamto

yahoo is only week to week. and I was hoping we could do this in two weeks time over the weekend? Would that be good for everyone?
that may not work for me (i'm currently getting ready to move out into a new place before April). i'll try and let you know in a week what the deal is.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there

- draft date
- stats
- position requirements
- roster moves
I'm in. I'll PM later tonight.

If I said the Tigers were gonna be wrecking teams this year, it would be an understatement. My goodness, they are tearing teams up. Yeah, It's only spring training, but Cabby-Fielder-Young has been absolutely devastating. Pitching is gonna be scary good, at least a top 4 rotation and a pretty durable bullpen. Oh yeah, turns out Cabby is a pretty decent 3B, if not just above serviceable at the very least. That's all we need him to be. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Good luck AL.

If I said the Tigers were gonna be wrecking teams this year, it would be an understatement. My goodness, they are tearing teams up. Yeah, It's only spring training, but Cabby-Fielder-Young has been absolutely devastating. Pitching is gonna be scary good, at least a top 4 rotation and a pretty durable bullpen. Oh yeah, turns out Cabby is a pretty decent 3B, if not just above serviceable at the very least. That's all we need him to be. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Good luck AL.

The A's are currently 11-3 with the best record in the Cactus League.

So they now the favorites in the AL West.

This is the only time I won't disagree with his logic such that MA JAYS are rulers of the East.

anywho, anyone got any ideas/discussion for statistics for fantasy this year? Want to try and figure out a good balanced of stats, on the line of avoiding counting actions twice and starter/reliever value.

aamto

i'm gonna be gone this weekend and the following one as well. if we can't do a draft on a weeknight, count me out.

can we get a consensus day then from everyone? I'm good most days past 8 EST.

also we need 1 or 3 more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)