Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

nah it's aight. i tend to like reading series breakdowns. it's just LA's been eliminated so it's like i'm just going through the motions for once na'm sayin

edit: btw all nba team selections were released recently. kobe made it over wade on the 1st team which is pm a joke though obvi i don't mind :D also he made the all defensive team LOL. a couple more of these awards and he'll be consensus #7 all time at least. more rings and he'll be in the top 5 imo

I had my fill of Memphis ball. I'm completely okay with Thunder winning the series and moving onto the chance at the Finals.

man what an entertaining game, though mem pulled away at the end. zbo is quickly becoming one of my fave players. what a beast down low. if he drew more fouls he'd easily be one of the premier offensive threats in the league, though the playoffs have certainly been helping his stock. he's like what, 28 and his game doesn't rely on athleticism. he'll be good for years to come, mang. Memphis as a team is pretty likable, actually.

Westbrook was pretty effective on O, though he again took more shots than KD a lot of them were layups so it's a'ight. Speaking of KD he was passive as fuck in this game. True even off the ball he got a lot of attention but he seemed more than content to let his teammates carry the offensive load, while he camped near the perimeter for spot up shots. He needs to get a killer mentality like Kobe/MJ have and Lebron is developing. I expect him to step up big time in G7.

odom and pau for zbo and mayo imo

edit: also rudy sure looked gay as fuck with those glasses! nba needs more classy specs like Zo wears

Well, I still stand by my statement that whoever is the winner of Grizzlies/Thunder is going to be too tired to fight off the Mavs...though imagine if the Grizzlies of all teams end up making it to the finals and winning lol.

I hope the West wins it except for Dallas. The most bittersweet Finals would be Miami over Dallas in 5. It would be awesomely hilarious to see Dirk get destroyed by Miami againand yet having the Heat win in their first season would be damning. IDK if the gloating outweighs the disdain of a Heatles Title.

Well, I still stand by my statement that whoever is the winner of Grizzlies/Thunder is going to be too tired to fight off the Mavs...though imagine if the Grizzlies of all teams end up making it to the finals and winning lol.
You know, some people would argue that 7 game series help and not hurt.

You know, some people would argue that 7 game series help and not hurt.
I dunno, if you ask me they just tire out the players eventually, especially since it'll be unlikely that whichever team advances will somehow just like sweep the Mavs. Though, I would be interested in seeing who would actually argue that 7 games would somehow help, as you risk fatigue and the chance of injury with each game don't you?

I can see what you mean by injury, but not fatigue. Magic came out of a 7 game series and almost beat the Cavs in 5. Lakers came out after Houston and beat Denver. I'm not sure if it has a large enough effect to affect an entire series.

I hope the West wins it except for Dallas. The most bittersweet Finals would be Miami over Dallas in 5. It would be awesomely hilarious to see Dirk get destroyed by Miami againand yet having the Heat win in their first season would be damning. IDK if the gloating outweighs the disdain of a Heatles Title.
Get destroyed? The Heat won a series based solely on no touch fouls, and Dirk did well just not as well as the two previous rounds, but sure, he must have been "destroyed". Did you even watch that finals?

Honestly Wade alone was bad enough but now he has LBJ too. Refs are gonna be out in full force. Mavs fans the whole world over must be shitting their pants

NBA's letting bballbreakdown stay on youtube? :x nice. will watch later

if the bulls make it past the heat, i can easily see $tern try to Wade-ify him and market him as the new golden boy/"jordan" of the nba. it'd be funny since rose doesn't really get that many FTs as compared to other superstars.

that said i do think heat will beat them, but i'm still pulling for da unstoppabulls. bulls in 6 like i said (if there is a god)

so I did an analysis of series winners when one team has the better winning %, the better seed (and all important home court), and has rebounded better averaged across an entire season...the result was a 17-5 winning record (77% win) for series and the finals winner every year but 2004 and 2007 (no teams in 2007 like this) won a series like this at some point in the playoffs...which would mean Bulls or Heat both probably beat Mavericks ;___; Bulls should be the clear favorite, and most of the time this trend was defied it was defied by veteran teams with a fuckton of experience (Celtics after having recently won a finals, Spurs twice).

2003: Kings lost to Mavericks, Spurs beat Mavericks
2004: Timberwolves beat Kings, Pacers beat Heat, Timberwolves lost to Lakers
2005: Spurs beat Sonics, Suns beat Mavericks, Sun lost to Spurs
2006: Heat beat Nets
2008: Lakers beat Jazz, Hornets lost to Spurs, Lakers beat Spurs, Celtics beat Pistons
2009: Cavaliers beat Hawks, Lakers beat Nuggets, Lakers beat Magic
2010: Magic beat Hawks, Cavaliers beat Celtics, Magic lost to Celtics, Lakers beat Suns, Lakers beat Celtics
2011: Heat beat Celtics, Bulls ????? Heat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)