OM Core Laddering Challenge [Challenge #13 @ post #497; deadline Feb. 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In as cuckooclck LaclctoseIntoleran ClCKWork for AAA, and maybe even sketchmons if i get interested.

Last edited:
Ah ill probs settle for silver in ag although i can get gold if i waste 24 hrs on unrusting n half sleeping
most ive reached is 1700+ but i tilted back again n again, not surprising since im using arceus-water most of the time as a sack when GeoXern wld been better in its place
im rusty n tired for not playing after probs a year or so
gl hf anyway memechandybanddefogscizorreflecthoohscreenskeyringtaterfam

Edit: cant resist playing some

Last edited:
K. Finally I have access to smogon. Happy new year guys.

Some people in PS asked me, "when will challenge #1 end?" Actually, I intend to do BH next but looks like BH is conducting a suspect. So I'd say the CLC will start right after BH suspect is finished, so please be patient, k?

Since I spoiled one of the metas for the next challenge, feel free to suggest a core for BH CLC.

Since I spoiled one of the metas for the next challenge, feel free to suggest a core for BH CLC.
I already said this, but:

I don't know what's suppose to constitute a CLC core, but I'd like to see pokemons that despite being severely underused, have a multitude of viable sets, I'd personally really like to see Kartana for CLC as it performs multiple role from sweeper to wallbreaker or Revenge Killer quite well and forges itself a solid niche in BH with a respectable speedtier and the combination of base 180+ attack with a STAB Sunsteel Strike.
As a partner I think Reshiram is a really solid mon in BH and has been run to great success with multiple different sets last gen, yet has so little usage that nobody knows where to rank it (CLC would help at that ngl). Fire + Dragon is quite amazing for both a Mold Breaker set or a Contrary Set, it can also beat imposter with an adaptability + draco judgement set.
I think they form a great offensive core together as Reshiram can threaten things Kart struggles with like Prankster / Phisdef Steels or Groudon, while also somehow functioning as an impostered Kart check and potentially using it as set up fodder.

On another note I think Muk is a cool pick since it's actually viable and has at the very least 2 viable sets, but Muk + mmy feels a bit like too obvious of a core and also requires you to use mmy, which people are already doing anyway.
Venu + Mag is cool thought, fully support.

Ok guys. I'm really sorry to disappoint but there will be no BH CLC next challenge. I thought BH suspect will be over in 12th of January, but looks like 12th of January is only the deadline for the reqs, so the suspect isn't finished yet and may take another week to finish. So it'd be too long if I wait until BH suspect is finished. That's why I decided to not include BH because I am not allowed by the leaders to include CLC a suspecting meta. Again, sorry guys.

Because of this, I'll announce that challenge will end on 7th or 8th of January, depending on I have time to access Smogon or not. So if you want to achieve something, make it quick.

Regarding the next Challange, I'll be doing Mix and Mega, 1v1 and redo either Sketchmons or AG with new cores (AAA is doing suspect after BH iirc). So feel free to theorymon either metas.

Also regarding who are the ones featured in Hall of Fame, I'll feature ALL users who reached Platinum. If none of the user reach Platinum, I'll feature the one with highest elo, even though they all got Gold. So congrats to these users: Scarfnaut, Zephyr Dragon Lord and Fardin. I'll be asking for your teams to be featured in Hall of Fame (if you want to be featured, post your team please). Regarding AAA, I'll wait until the end of the CLC to see if there is anyone with the highest elo.

Edit: Also for the Bronze/Sliver/Gold/Platinum reqs for the next CLC, don't worry. I WILL tone down the reqs to make it more reasonable to achieve. This is because I've received complaints of Platinum reqs being too high.

Last edited:
OK Challenge #1 is over. Congrats to motherlove to win AAA CLC, since you have the highest elo in screenshot. Post your team to be featured in Hall of Fame.

Challenge #2
Mix and Mega, 1v1, AG
Mix and Mega

and

1v1

AG

and

Elo required for each achievements

Mix and Mega

Bronze: 1250
Silver: 1400
Gold: 1550
Platinum: 1700

1v1
Bronze: 1325
Silver: 1450
Gold: 1575
Platinum: 1700

AG
Bronze: 1425
Silver: 1600
Gold: 1775
Platinum: 1950

Special thanks to Chloe. and Catalystic for AG challange idea, Zephyr Dragon Lord and MAMP for MnM idea and aesf for 1v1 idea. Challenge goes for around 2 weeks. So it should end on around last week of January 2017 (depending on when I get access to smogon, not everyday I can).

Also since people complained that the Platinum is too high, I toned down the Platinum reqs. I hope it's more reachable now.

Edit: Also for AG players, please make a new CLC account to differentiate from Challenge #1 account.

Last edited:
Hey, you said you needed my team? While I already have posted it to the OM Bazaar, I will also make an importable here. Up to you to fetch the sprites, this time.

Surge Surfer (Xurkitree) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Surf

Flare Boost (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Recover

Flash Fire (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed

Merciless (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Shore Up

Tangling Hair (Goodra) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Heal Order

Storm Drain (Blastoise) (F) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Shoutouts to Blastoise for being good, The Ruins of Alph for making that Zygarde coil into pretty much the best Sketchmons team there is, and Durza for having good taste in Alolan mons, and giving me the (unconscious) suggestion of Keldeo as a Garchomp partner, as our banes mixed together.

Also, I am in as CLC2 Zephyr for Mix and Mega and 1v1. I find that I hate the competitive AG experience down in the lower ladder, and just prefer to have fun in there with my own cool stuff..

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Here is my CLC stall team that I used to reach platinum with in AG, incase anyone wanted to try it out:
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Fake Out

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 48 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Roost

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Roost

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Psychic
- Heal Bell

It's quite easy to use, walls almost every viable core and pokes and had beaten quite a few respectable AG players.

in as CLC2 Squawkerz for 1v1, Mix and Mega, and Anything Goes.

And will actually try to ladder this time.

Edit: Hit bronze in 1v1
Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 11.41.53 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)