Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Origin Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Shell Smash

This is just an update to the regular set it uses on NatDex Ubers, with the adition of stronger stab boosted by it's ability.

Yes, there are plenty of priority in this meta, but nothing that things like screens/veil, P.Terrain and Manectite users can handle. And even at -1 defense it's not that frail, it survived Sucker Punch from Metagrossite Bisharp.

It's really strong.

+2 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Sablenite Blissey: 352-415 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ampharosite Blissey: 402-474 (56.3 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Venusaurite Celesteela: 382-451 (95.9 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Shadow Shield Lunala: 556-656 (116.3 - 137.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sablenite Toxapex: 135-159 (44.4 - 52.3%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO (yes, it's full spdef, wich no one uses. If it's def, it's a 2hko: +2 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Sablenite Toxapex: 170-201 (55.9 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO )

Nothing is really safe to switch.

Oh, and if it's under rain?

+2 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Sablenite Blissey in Rain: 528-622 (73.9 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sablenite Toxapex in Rain: 203-239 (66.7 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you see this thing, preserve your -ate espeed spammer/regieleki. Don't ever let they get worn down until Blastoise is gone.

Edit: As Cuddly said, Cloyster is better for this kind of set:

Mega Blastoise is pretty cool, but Cloyster with Blastoisinite or Rotom-Wash are better imo.
Blastoise has access to more Pulse moves, but the only Pulse move you’ll ever need is Origin Pulse and maybe Dragon Pulse. Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse are actually slightly weaker even against advantage effectiveness (that is Origin Pulse hits harder against a Pure Water and Pure Normal type than Aura Sphere). 110x1.5x1.5 = 247.5
80x2x1.5 = 240
85x2x1.5 = 255
So unless you’re facing a Ferrothorn, a Kingdra, or Alolan Sandslash, you are better off replacing Aura Sphere with Dragon Pulse.
But either way, you’re better off using Cloyster for it has the same Spe and SpA as Blastoise, but the bulk is loaded in the physical side in an Extreme Speed spam heavy meta and additionally gets Skill Link Water Shuriken and Freeze-Dry.
And Rotom-Wash is also a good option, as while it’s frailer, it has better defensive utility thanks to Levitate and being part electric. Additionally, it has a higher SpA, Roost, and Freeze-Dry. Also in this Meta, it is sometimes better to have Nasty Plot over Shell Smash thanks to Spectral Thief.
Inteleon is also pretty good, lacking set up or bulk for just immediate and fast fire power.
That’s about it. Usually, other Special Waters will use Water Spout with something like Lucarionite or on a Pokemon like Palkia which has duel HP based power STAB moves.

Last edited:
Okay, so I'm gonna be honest here.

I fricken love this meta, it's maybe my favourite of all time.

BUT

I'm officially bored. It's the same mons again and again and again and again.
Toxapex is too good.
Regieleki is too good.
Magearna is ridiculous.
Snorlax is great.

I mean I could go on.

I just feel like some bans are needed so that we can see some TRUE unique sets.

When you have to cater for Extreme Speed + ate abilities all the time as well as disgusting Strength Sappers and huge bulk, Spectral Thief which just ruins everything and the use of the same like 5 Mega evolutions, there is just nothing NEW and FRESH that can be introduced in my opinion.

I'm not going to be playing it anymore as the meta for me has become stale and boring.

Okay, so I'm gonna be honest here.

I fricken love this meta, it's maybe my favourite of all time.

BUT

I'm officially bored. It's the same mons again and again and again and again.
Toxapex is too good.
Regieleki is too good.
Magearna is ridiculous.
Snorlax is great.

I mean I could go on.

I just feel like some bans are needed so that we can see some TRUE unique sets.

When you have to cater for Extreme Speed + ate abilities all the time as well as disgusting Strength Sappers and huge bulk, Spectral Thief which just ruins everything and the use of the same like 5 Mega evolutions, there is just nothing NEW and FRESH that can be introduced in my opinion.

I'm not going to be playing it anymore as the meta for me has become stale and boring.
I do agree with Extreme Speed, but Strength Sap is hard countered by Magic Bounce, in a Meta where pretty much every team has Sablenite.
Spectral Thief seems fine, but that’s likely because Entei, Regieleki, Prankster Haze, Prankster Topsy-Turvy, and Spectral Thief make set up sweeping nearly impossible.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Origin Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Shell Smash
Mega Blastoise is pretty cool, but Cloyster with Blastoisinite or Rotom-Wash are better imo.
Blastoise has access to more Pulse moves, but the only Pulse move you’ll ever need is Origin Pulse and maybe Dragon Pulse. Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse are actually slightly weaker even against advantage effectiveness (that is Origin Pulse hits harder against a Pure Water and Pure Normal type than Aura Sphere). 110x1.5x1.5 = 247.5
80x2x1.5 = 240
85x2x1.5 = 255
So unless you’re facing a Ferrothorn, a Kingdra, or Alolan Sandslash, you are better off replacing Aura Sphere with Dragon Pulse.
But either way, you’re better off using Cloyster for it has the same Spe and SpA as Blastoise, but the bulk is loaded in the physical side in an Extreme Speed spam heavy meta and additionally gets Skill Link Water Shuriken and Freeze-Dry.
And Rotom-Wash is also a good option, as while it’s frailer, it has better defensive utility thanks to Levitate and being part electric. Additionally, it has a higher SpA, Roost, and Freeze-Dry. Also in this Meta, it is sometimes better to have Nasty Plot over Shell Smash thanks to Spectral Thief.
Inteleon is also pretty good, lacking set up or bulk for just immediate and fast fire power.
That’s about it. Usually, other Special Waters will use Water Spout with something like Lucarionite or on a Pokemon like Palkia which has duel HP based power STAB moves.

UPDATE

Okay seriously though.

Bulk is DISGUSTING in this meta. Most high ladder is just pure bulk. I just battled a very well put together team that relies on pure bulk. Not a single offensive mon.

I just feel that the meta could be improved SO much if we just banned a few things. I'm not sure what tbh, but something needs changing otherwise the meta will remain very stale and uninteresting.

Things that are a problem in my opinion:
- Flip Turn, U-turn, Parting Shot, Teleport.
- Sablenite in general (there are still multiple mega-evos that offer bulk, we don't need this).
- Umbreon (to an extent) is disgusting
- Solgaleo (to an extent) is also disgusting
- Blissey (why, just why is this still allowed?)
- Toxapex

Honestly, I don't think we need many bans, I just think that in order to make the meta more balanced, something needs to be done regarding stall / bulk. ESPECIALLY when all 6 mons on a team are based around it.

Just my two cents.

Eggs

some days, you just can't get rid of an egg
UPDATE

Okay seriously though.

Bulk is DISGUSTING in this meta. Most high ladder is just pure bulk. I just battled a very well put together team that relies on pure bulk. Not a single offensive mon.

I just feel that the meta could be improved SO much if we just banned a few things. I'm not sure what tbh, but something needs changing otherwise the meta will remain very stale and uninteresting.

- Sablenite in general (there are still multiple mega-evos that offer bulk, we don't need this).
- Toxapex

Honestly, I don't think we need many bans, I just think that in order to make the meta more balanced, something needs to be done regarding stall / bulk. ESPECIALLY when all 6 mons on a team are based around it.

Just my two cents.
hey lewi11, I'm the Supreme Leader of STABnMega a STABnMega council member and am pretty involved in the format, I'll give you my (and the council's) thoughts on the elements you brought up

1. Bulk: This is actually an issue intrinsic to the format.The existence of Mega Stones as items incentivizes their use, and as a result pushes common items like lefties and boots out of the equation. The biggest victims of this phenomenon are Choice Items. While Choice Items generally offer a higher power boost than most Mega Stones, the lack of other benefits and the choice-locking drawback makes them usually not worth running on unrestricted Pokemon. As a result, the meta lacks powerful choiced wallbreakers that makes Bulk much more common and useful. Additionally, the stat boots from Mega Stones tend to favor Pokemon defensively more than offensively, making the format overall bulkier than other formats. This is a problem Tier Shift suffers from as well, and there's no real way to solve it due to the nature of each format.

2. Pivots: I'll give you this one - pivoting is pretty annoying to play against and teams with multiple pivots are pretty common. STABmons giving even more Pokemon pivot moves surely doesn't help. The best way to counteract pivoting in this format is with Hazards. I would go as far as to say that a team without Entry Hazards is unviable in this format - they're very important, especially with the near-absence of Heavy-Duty Boots in the meta.

3. Sablenite: Personally, I want this stone banned. My proposal was shot down by the council, and I can't really give a better defense of this decision than fabwooloo did a while back:
Sablenite: In the past me take was that sablenite does not deserve a ban whatsoever and it still is but i didnt really give proper reasons for my take so here goes: sablenite isnt oppresive for the meta. Yes its common but by that logic shouldnt you consider defensive landorus broken in OU due to it being one of the most used mons in the tier and there arent anything else that does its role aswell as it. Sablenite is like that, being a great way to keep mons in check and prevent this tier from becoming a hee hoo peanut auto clicker of a tier. Its not only that though, it isnt oppresive. It doesnt make a good majority of the tier dogshit cause they cant break sablenite mons or else by that logic lunala would be bad cause it loses against say toxic sablenite blissey. TLDR: thing isnt broken, isnt oppresive, doesnt make certain mons dogshit, prevents heehoo autoclicker of a tier, just isnt broken/bannable.
3. Blissey, Pex, Solgaleo, and Umbreon: These Pokemon are all balance staples with top-tier bulk, excellent typings, and access to a pivot move. However, all of these Pokemon are extremely passive (Offensive Solgaleo excluded) and have easily exploitable weaknesses. All of these Pokemon fold over when attacked from their uninvested defensive side, and have common weaknesses exploited by the best offensive Pokemon in the tier. Shoring up these weaknesses with different Mega Stone choices (for example, Latiasite over Banettite on Pex) just opens up more opportunities for other offensive Pokemon to exploit (Latiasite Pex fails to check most other physical attackers Banettite could beat because of Prankster)

I'm glad you care enough about STABnMega to make those posts addressing your concerns, but the council and most of the community does not believe any of these elements need addressing at the moment.

UPDATE

Okay seriously though.

- Toxapex

Just my two cents.
I think that Extreme Speed is one of the bigger problems in this Meta.
Having 96 BP +2 Priority STAB that can hit Ghost types really encourages bulkier teams to handle it, and of course makes every single set up sweeper much harder to use in the Meta because you’ll almost always be revenge killed by Entei or Regieleki. Granted, the same set-up sweepers would need to deal with Prankster Haze/TT, and Spectral Thief, but it’d be less of a burden without -Ate Speed.
Another reason why bulky teams are so good is because of Mega Evolution mechanics. Like Eggs McGee said, not using Mega Evolution kind of defeats the purpose of the Meta (although I 100% recommend using some defensive or bulkier Ubers), but it also means that if you want to take advantage of your bulk from Mega Evolving, you need to actually Mega Evolve. Because of this, teams need to compensate with insanely tough defensive cores to deal with Pheromosa, Terrakion, Entei, Garchomp, Tapu Lele, and many more.
Having your defensive backbone be held behind such a mechanic compounds all those issues you’re talking about even more.
Aside from a nerf to -Ate Speeds, what this Metagame needs is more immediate backbones so that teams don’t have to stack as many defensive Pokemon to simply survive.

hey lewi11, I'm the Supreme Leader of STABnMega a STABnMega council member and am pretty involved in the format, I'll give you my (and the council's) thoughts on the elements you brought up

1. Bulk: This is actually an issue intrinsic to the format.The existence of Mega Stones as items incentivizes their use, and as a result pushes common items like lefties and boots out of the equation. The biggest victims of this phenomenon are Choice Items. While Choice Items generally offer a higher power boost than most Mega Stones, the lack of other benefits and the choice-locking drawback makes them usually not worth running on unrestricted Pokemon. As a result, the meta lacks powerful choiced wallbreakers that makes Bulk much more common and useful. Additionally, the stat boots from Mega Stones tend to favor Pokemon defensively more than offensively, making the format overall bulkier than other formats. This is a problem Tier Shift suffers from as well, and there's no real way to solve it due to the nature of each format.

2. Pivots: I'll give you this one - pivoting is pretty annoying to play against and teams with multiple pivots are pretty common. STABmons giving even more Pokemon pivot moves surely doesn't help. The best way to counteract pivoting in this format is with Hazards. I would go as far as to say that a team without Entry Hazards is unviable in this format - they're very important, especially with the near-absence of Heavy-Duty Boots in the meta.

3. Sablenite: Personally, I want this stone banned. My proposal was shot down by the council, and I can't really give a better defense of this decision than fabwooloo did a while back:
Sablenite: In the past me take was that sablenite does not deserve a ban whatsoever and it still is but i didnt really give proper reasons for my take so here goes: sablenite isnt oppresive for the meta. Yes its common but by that logic shouldnt you consider defensive landorus broken in OU due to it being one of the most used mons in the tier and there arent anything else that does its role aswell as it. Sablenite is like that, being a great way to keep mons in check and prevent this tier from becoming a hee hoo peanut auto clicker of a tier. Its not only that though, it isnt oppresive. It doesnt make a good majority of the tier dogshit cause they cant break sablenite mons or else by that logic lunala would be bad cause it loses against say toxic sablenite blissey. TLDR: thing isnt broken, isnt oppresive, doesnt make certain mons dogshit, prevents heehoo autoclicker of a tier, just isnt broken/bannable.
3. Blissey, Pex, Solgaleo, and Umbreon: These Pokemon are all balance staples with top-tier bulk, excellent typings, and access to a pivot move. However, all of these Pokemon are extremely passive (Offensive Solgaleo excluded) and have easily exploitable weaknesses. All of these Pokemon fold over when attacked from their uninvested defensive side, and have common weaknesses exploited by the best offensive Pokemon in the tier. Shoring up these weaknesses with different Mega Stone choices (for example, Latiasite over Banettite on Pex) just opens up more opportunities for other offensive Pokemon to exploit (Latiasite Pex fails to check most other physical attackers Banettite could beat because of Prankster)

I'm glad you care enough about STABnMega to make those posts addressing your concerns, but the council and most of the community does not believe any of these elements need addressing at the moment.
I apologise about my rant before, I just hate seeing such an amazing metagame ruined by something.

In response to yourself:

1. Bulk If I'm honest, I don't agree with it just being part of the meta. I don't see this issue as much at all in Mix and Mega. I have an excel document with all the stat increases from Mega Stones and there are a lot more offensive boosts than Defensive/Sp Defensive boosts. In my personal opinion, when we are missing powerful wall breaking items, but the meta needs them because of such bulk, it tells me there is an imbalance. Maybe I should utilise these Choice items more instead of the Mega Stones. But surely that defeats the point of the Meta?

2. Pivots Agreed, this isn't as much of an issue in Mix and Mega as Staabmons adds a lot more pivoting moves for extremely bulky walls. Perhaps a ban on using these moves unless the mon naturally learns them could help balance out the meta?

3. Sablenite I understand that without it, Hyper Offense will become more prominent, but it's not the bulk side of it, it's the ability AS WELL AS the bulk. There are still multiple stones that supply good enough bulk and will allow mons to tank hits still. Also, the Landorus-T argument they have used is not a strong one. Landorus-T is versatile and has a fab typing, that's why it's overused. Sablenite gives a mon the most bulk you can acquire and arguably the best bulk/stall ability in the game. There is no versatility. It's just used to stall.
All I'm saying is that certain offensive Stones are straight up banned (although I agree with their bans), but bulky-stall ones like Sablenite are still allowed. Surely both extremes should go. Fair is fair. But I'm glad you agree with it's ban.

3. Blissey, Pex, Solgaleo, and Umbreon I don't believe these mons should necessarily be banned. However, they are used for a reason. It's all well and good if they have two stall mons like these and Offense too, but when there are 6 stall mons on a team like this, there is no way of breaking through with Mega Stones. They will just switch when they are at a disadvantage. Boring, long battles ensue and no fun is had.

4. Extreme-Speed I wanted to add this as I do think that it is centralising. It forces you to have a counter for it on every team. If you are not prepared for it, you lose.

In conclusion, I still believe there are ways of balancing out this meta and I still believe that a ban is required if we're going to see a change. There are so many exciting and viable sets that can be used, but don't see the light of day because of this insane bulk. It's sad because the meta has SO many possibilities and I see the same mons again and again.

I hope I made some good points here and I really hope something can be sorted to help this meta see it's true potential!

:)

Sleep Powder STABmons Doubles suspect test has been canceled

but I want more activity for STABmons Double (hopefully it won't blow in my face)
Unfortunately, it ended blowing in my face because I've been vaccinated (I'm fine now if anyone's asking) result in fewer suspect tests tournament being held last week and the lack of interest. However, HaaiL will still get to vote Sleep Powder along with the council. Expect the result to come up soon! After that, we will move onto Kartana and Dragapult.

Sleep Powder has been restricted in STABmons Doubles!

Apologize for double-posting, but Sleep Powder will now be restricted after reaching the threshold of 3 out of 4 ban votes. Unlike regular STABmons where Sleep Moves were banned as a whole, native users such as Roserade and Venusaur still get to use Sleep Powder STABmons Doubles.

/tour new [Gen 8] Doubles OU, elimination
/tour rules STABmons Move Legality, -Blissey, -Chansey, -Shedinja, -Silvally, -Snorlax, *Acupressure, *Astral Barrage, *Belly Drum, *Bolt Beak, *Clangorous Soul, *Decorate, *Diamond Storm, *Double Iron Bash, *Fishious Rend, *Follow Me, *Geomancy, *Glacial Lance, *Lovely Kiss, *Shift Gear, *Shell Smash, *Sleep Powder, *Spore, *Thousand Arrows, -Swift Swim
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STABmons Doubles

Tagging Think and CringeMeta to implement the changes.

In the meantime, with Kartana being banned in Doubles OU, the council vote on Kartana will be treated as unbanning it instead to test whether or not it's more balanced without Sleep Powder.

Approved by Eggs McGee
There’s a new Format on the OMM Trashchannel and that is the Ultimate Mix and Meta! (I think Cringe made it or smth. Not sure tho.) As per the description and watching very little Tours, you can nickname a Pokémon an Other Meta and their shortcuts (Shortcuts like MnM for example works.) and you gain access to their mechanics. However, some Formats might be banned and therefore not validate if you type them in the Name slot. These Formats either change win conditions like The Loser’s Game, affect the Meta as a whole like Inverse, or can have Team wide effects like Godly Gift. There is also a Tier limit for each OM, which can change as the Meta goes on. For example, Pokémon like Landorus-Therian are banned with the Name Mix and Mega as the Tier limit is RU. Edit: With Formats like Bonus Type and Cross Evolution, just name Pokémon as you normally would.

Tiers will be ordered by Tiering level, while OMs will be ordered alphabetically. Numbers come before letters do. Note: OMs and Tiers that have no Tier limit will not be shown to take up less space.
OU: 350 Cup, Almost Any Ability, Alphabet Cup, Bonus Type, Camomons, Cross Evolution, Flipped, Inheritance, Max Berries, Nature Swap, NFE, (Not Fully Evolved.) Pokébilities, Scalemons, Sketchmons, STABmons, Tier Shift, Trademarked
RU: Mix and Mega, Shared Power
LC / Little Cup: Balanced Hackmons, Pure Hackmons

OMs will be ordered alphabetically.
Pure Hackmons:

Now, I’m not finished. Though I was planning on introducing the Tier, that would be boring for me and everyone else so let’s get into my thoughts for the Format at its current state. The Meta isn’t very developed atm but from what I’ve seen, (Which is very little so don’t take my word for it.) you need to force Wonder Guarders (Which come from Pure Hackmons.) out through something like Gastro Acid or Mold Breaker. It may not seem like a tough task, but not all Teams are able to have counterplay through Typing alone imo. I’m unsure about the SP Tier limit since some Mons do seem strong. You have stuff like Tough Claws Adapt Stakataka around or something like Pressure Ice Scales Steelix. Not saying it should or pushing for a change though. This Format sounds difficult but fun to build for, especially with a lot of ideas to test out. I recommend giving this Format a try!

Last edited:
Michelangelo ([Gen 8] Sketch Ubers) is the Mashups Spotlight!

:choice-scarf: :choice-scarf: :choice-scarf: Scarf :SS/Ditto: :SS/Blissey: :SS/Ditto: Imposters :choice-scarf: :choice-scarf: :choice-scarf:

This is not a joke. Scarf Imposters, while probably niche for the most part, are viable in quite a few Mashups. Here I’ll be going over Scarf Imposters which can work in some Mashups and also highlight pros and cons of using them.

Scarf :Ditto: is something not taken seriously and that is fair! However, it can put in work even if little in certain Metagames. Some examples include our current Spotlight, Sketchmons Ubers, SnM, and Godly Gift Mashups. What does it do here you ask? What’s so special about this revenge killer and why does it stand out? Due to Imposter, it is able to offensively check Speed boosting threats like for example Xerneas not behind a Sub in Sketchmons Ubers. Imposter also discourages them from setting up. While it does need these Pokémon to be chipped first, it does make an excellent revenge killer nonetheless and I don’t think this is a problem limited to Ditto. Potential PP stalling is a rather small niche in its Metas but makes it unique as Speed Control.

:Blissey: really only applies to Tier Shift Balanced Hackmons but it‘s solid there imo. People are not using Imposterproofs simply because Chansey without Eviolite would just be a meme and makes the Imposter much less bulky. With a highly Offensive Metagame from Replays, I think Blissey should be considered to fight back against powerful wallbreakers on Teams that ignore Imposter like the broken Archeops, Regigigas, and Thick Club Marowak-K. Other Mashups probably appreciate this as Speed Control too, but they don’t exist yet. Imp Bliss exists in Metas where PP stalling is very significant and with Blissey in particular being able to stall out Turns in long games, this makes for another decent niche over other revenge killers.

Obviously, as we all know, they do have their downsides. If there are Imposterproofs, Ditto and Blissey will struggle to make progress throughout the game until they’re removed. Substitute does harshly cripple most Imposters though BH Imposters (Mainly Blissey or high HP Mons.) can at least attempt to phaze these Sub users out with Whirlwind. Most Scarf Ditto aren’t able to switch in directly due to it’s low Base HP unless it’s in the Godly Gift HP Slot of something like Giratina. This can play a huge role in some Metas, as this can mean you aren’t always going to be able to countersweep effectively if any Pokémon on the opposing Team can take a boosted hit and hit back hard in the process. As stated earlier, chip damage against opponents like Stealth Rock damage allows you to be able to revenge kill certain threats effectively. This is because some of these Pokémon are bulky enough to take boosted hits from themselves and can potentially hit back hard as well, especially against Ditto. Sometimes, chip damage can be necessary if you want to be able to revenge kill something with Imposter. However, as was stated, these are not problems only limited to Imposters. FYI, chip damage onto yourself sucks as well but by now I’m sure you know why.

What are examples of ways to help Scarf Imposters? Good Teammates? Most often Offensive Teams can usually facilitate Imposter countersweeps. They have strong Wallbreakers that allow Ditto or Blissey to clean up later in the match by putting holes in defensive walls. Entry Hazards like Stealth Rock, Toxic, and other ways to chip down the opposing Team to successfully countersweep is appreciated. (Ofc.) Attempting to beat bulky set up like Poison Heal Quiver Dance is quite difficult for Ditto and Blissey, as they’re unable to 1v1 them consistently or successfully. Thus, checks to them like Prankster Haze users are also appreciated. Getting Pokémon to set up in order to break walls or do damage allows the Imposter to take advantage of them. Thus, Pokémon that can force set up make natural Teammates. Scarf Imposters like the safest switch in opportunities as possible so pairing them with Encore and Taunt users to scout out Pokémon as they’re passive is a good idea.

That’s all I have for now. :P Thanks for reading! :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
STABmons Doubles annoucements
The voting result for Kartana, Dragapult, and Oblivion Wing is now out! While Kyurem Black was included as a later addition, it's decided that no action should be taken for it yet.

:kartana:
Kartana remains banned in STABmons Doubles!
The council has unanimously decided that Kartana would still be too powerful even without Sleep Powder and therefore remains banned. Still, I would wish we actually tested it.

:yveltal:
Oblivion Wing has been restricted in STABmons Doubles!
Oblivion Wing is just as devastating in the Doubles setting with its ability to restore a large chunk of damage dealt coupled with the amazing Flying-type coverage. Notable users include Thundurus Incarnate that gets the longevity it needed to set Tailwind up consistently and Galarian Moltres that take full advantage of it with Nasty Plot and Berserk. Of course, other Flying-type special attackers can benefit greatly from Oblivion WIng as well like Togekiss. For how ridiculous Oblivion Wing is, it got unanimously voted to be restricted.

:dragapult:
Dragapult remains in STABmons Doubles!
Despite its flexibility and is one of the best Spectral Thief users, Dragapult received a unanimous DNB vote as it wasn't deemed broken.

/tour new [Gen 8] Doubles OU, elimination
/tour rules STABmons Move Legality, -Blissey, -Chansey, -Shedinja, -Silvally, -Snorlax, *Acupressure, *Astral Barrage, *Belly Drum, *Bolt Beak, *Clangorous Soul, *Decorate, *Diamond Storm, *Double Iron Bash, *Fishious Rend, *Follow Me, *Geomancy, *Glacial Lance, *Lovely Kiss, *Oblivion Wing, *Shift Gear, *Shell Smash, *Sleep Powder, *Spore, *Thousand Arrows, -Swift Swim
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STABmons Doubles

Tagging Think and CringeMeta to implement the changes, and don't forget to correct the name error.

In the meantime, AAA Doubles will be looking upon Dragonite.

hi all as the tier shift almost any ability con suer that i am i made a cool team :gigalith: :xurkitree: :registeel: :mantine: :whiscash: :inteleon: goatcash
anyway the concept of this is that guts gigalith and xurkitree piledrive defense (specs xurk does like 40 to regenvest silvally e) so the goal is to try and let those 2 pop off.regen registeel and intimidate mantine surprisingly cover eachother very well, both being solid blanket checks to multiple types and mantine being a very sturdy fire resist which is one of the flaws of registeel along with a solid eq switchin. considering the near broken levels of silvally e, most offensive electric types arent too good, but defensive ones are everywhere. wanna know who likes defensive electric types? the grug! the grug is very powerful and can 2hko most defensive pokemon like vaporeon and escavalier at +1 and generally not be threatened. obvious weakness to grass but registeel+mantine can handle those while xurk can weaken grasses for it. final slot needed some speed control so i went with broken inteleon which also helps break down grasses while also outspeeding most offensive pokemon that might get out of control if they break past the defensive core (notably outspeeds espeon starmie scyther charizard etc)
flaws: gigalith isnt actually that good and might be worth replacing for something else
idk how to ev things properly so registeel evs are practically random
no xurk switchin lol

Tranquility

Kuru~Kuru
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/zeraora: STAB N MEGA ANNOUCEMENT :ss/spectrier:
With tpp going on for the past 7 weeks, the meta has seen a lot of evolution and new metagame trends emerge during the tournament. One of which has been the dominance of electric types, as Regieleki, Thundurus-Therian and Zeraora in multiple games showed great performances, even against teams that were more prepared for them. As a result of the showing's, the Stab N Mega council had voted on the 3 mons, and has elected to Stone Restrict Zeraora and Both Thundurus Forms while keeping Regieleki free.

xfabwooloousalaserdolphinEggs McGeeWMARAx
ZeraoraBanBanDNBDNBBan
Thundurus base / therianBanBanBanDNBBan
RegielekiDNBDNBBanBanDNB

Zeraora with it's blistering speed and coverage made it a very big threat to many teams, while also having the ability to customize it's mega stone with options such as Lopunnite, Aerodactylite, and Pinsirite. It's immense power with stab bolt strike in addition to coverage moves such as close combat, grass knot made it have very few checks, and along with it's very high speed tier also very hard to revenge outside of espeed. As a result, the stab n mega had elected to Stone restrict Zeraora.

Thundurus-Therian had seen an uptick in usage during tpp due to it's very high special attack and dual stabs in addition with nasty plot. The absolite set in particular had been seeing high usage, due to it's ability to beat most blissey sets that carry toxic and be able to beat bliss 1v1 with Oblivion Wing and Nasty Plot. In addition to it's stabs, it could also run grass knot and focus blast to beat bulky grounds and steels that otherwise might be able to check it. Due to this, the Stab n Mega council has elected to stone restrict both thundurus forms due to their limited checks and immense power they have.

Regieleki being the defining speed tier and extreme speeder made it a very contesting mon for the council, as it has the capability to beat most of it's checks with explosion in a pinch. After some discussion, the Stab n Mega council voted to keep it free due it having more common checks, and for it to be walled more too.

In addition to the bans, the Stab N Mega council also looked at some previous bans, and has voted to Unban Spectrier and Urshifu Rapid-Strike.

xFabwooloousalaserdolphinEggs McGeeWMARAx
SpectrierUnbanBanBanUnbanUnban
Urshifu Rapid-StrikeUnbanUnbanBanUnbanUnban

Spectrier was originally banned due it's very high spa and limited checks it has. The SNM Council feels now that there are more prevalent checks in the metagame, with darks seeing more usage and bliss being a staple on many teams, and has elected to unban it for the time being.

Urshifu Rapid-Strike was originally banned due to it's very strong water and fighting stabs and limited checks. The SNM Council felt that it's ban was potentially premature, and that with the advent of prominent revenge killers like regieleki and Entei along with checks such as Toxapex and Eternatus that it has more common checks and has voted to unban it for the time being as well.

Lastly, PokaPK has chose to leave the SnM council on his accord, we thank him for all the work and contributions he's done for Stab n Mega and wish him the best of luck on his future endeavors.

That'll be all for SnM announcements for now! Be sure to be on the lookout for more once TPP Concludes!

Tagging Think The Number Man CringeMeta to implement this.

I want to add that if anyone beats me with Eleki spam, I have no problem changing my vote back to ban; even though I use this mon on many of my teams, I still hate it

This was obviously quite the slate for us; we are hoping you enjoy the freshness!

Please tell us your opinions on the new meta! You should absolutely join the OMM discord if you haven't already!

If you want to get our attention on that thing you want banned/unbanned or some set you want featured, I heard through the grapevine that server boosts are a high commodity these days.

These are two unrelated things, of course. OMM staff/councils would never take bribes so that we can add more emotes to the server. That’d be crazy, obviously

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Just a short update, but...

Congratulations to Eggs, the newest OMM Leader! He's been working hard develop and maintain mashups for quite some time now, and we can't wait to see what great things are in store as he continues to contribute from a position of leadership :]

:ss/dracovish:
Dracovish
Dracovish is easily one of the most contested Pokemon in AAA Doubles with Swift Swim to take full advantage of Fishious Rend that doubles its power when it strikes before the target does. While there are indeed more ways to check Dracovish such as Storm Drain, Desolate Land, or Prankster, it doesn't change the fact how restricting it is for teambuilding, else it will tear any unprepared team apart. As a result, I may want to take action on Dracovish.

:ss/dragonite:
Dragonite
As mentioned before, Dragonite turned out to be just as ridiculous in AAA Doubles (unlike Archeops) with Aerilate who overwhelms foes with either Extreme Speed or Double Edge. Dragonite usually acts as a Choice Band attacker for more immediate firepower, though it can work as a Dragon Dance attacker if you wanted to. To demonstrate its sheer power, Zapdos always takes half from Dragonite's Double Edge with Choice Band even with max HP.

252 Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 206-243 (53.6 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

On the other hand, there are more ways to check Dragonite in AAA Doubles with Queenly Majesty/Dazzling in case it tries to use Extreme Speed. Dauntless Shield or Intimidate are good ways to lower its offense pressure as well. Therefore a suspect test for Dragonite would be the best course rather than a quick ban like AAA did, but only right after another suspect test.

:ss/victini: :ss/zapdos:

Primordial Sea and Desolate Land

In addition to the power boost that these weather provided, the biggest selling point of Primordial Sea and Desolate Land is their ability to nullify Fire- and Water-type, respectively, and prevent other normal weather from occurring. These initially seem fine, but as time goes on it's clear that these abilities are very dominating at the hands of the aforementioned Dracovish and Victini.

The only technical downside is these weathers go off as soon as the user leaves, which only allows its active ally to benefit from those, but not having a turn limit has its advantage as well as its other benefits makes them more appealing compared to Drizzle and Drought.

In the meantime, AAA Doubles will hold a suspect for Urshifu-Rapid Strike to see if there's any interest in reintroducing it! Urshifu Rapid Strike was quickbanned with how many offense abilities it can take advantage of, but others seem to disagree with the decision (judging by the pool), so here we are!
:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:

TPP is over and i wanted to wait until its over to share my STAB N MEGA teams that i played throughout the series. This tournament was so much fun, like alot of fun. I enjoyed building and playing and i had always looked forward to play each match. I ended up 5-3 with i feel impressive wins, very proud of my performance. I shared a STAAAbmons team for the only time i played so this will just be stabnmega.

Week 1
:Entei: :Buzzwole: :Silvally: :Swampert: :Eternatus: :Blissey: - Pinsirite Entei + Aerodactylite Buzzwole

See i love to have fun with my teams and i wanted to test stuff that no one has seen. Pinsirite used to be the ish back then, now Altarianite is better and i agree in this meta, so the fact that Pinsirite has more speed than Altarianite, i can beat it just for my Buzzwole who man its impressed me so much, Thunder Punch 2hkoing its checks like pex and corv, and in this replay vs a Fini. Also priority TC Boosted First Impression has few switch ins so its an effective revenge killer. Also i love Specs Eternatus. The Silvally set can sweep easily if set up correctly. Jaw Lock locks both pokemon and since Silvally is already locked, i can use No Retreat multiple times and lock a passive wall and Power Trip to win but i never showed that in this battle, never came out

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmonsmixandmega-1397793508 vs PociekMociek

Week 2
:Thundurus-Therian: :Blastoise: :Excadrill: :Amoonguss: :Calyrex-Ice: :Solgaleo: - Shell Smash Mega Blastoise + CG Calyrex-I

My Favorite team of all time. Shell Smash Mega Blastoise? Banettite Amoongus scum? yes. I am sad that this team is outdated because of the Thundurus Restricts. The Calyrex was inspired by Cuddly who spoke passionately about this mon and i used the set they provided and it worked. But i used Jungle Healing instead of Synthesis to heal status. the Blastoise was really the cream of the crop. Banned in Natdex OU and wanted to see how it fairs in this meta. With alot of support this mon can sweep especially since it has a better stab move that is boosted by Mega Launcher. I think Mega Blastoise should be ranked like C. I love looking at this replay

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmonsmixandmega-1406326577 vs Icemaster

Week 3
:Grimmsnarl: :Swampert: :Clefable: :Terrakion: :Dugtrio: :Solgaleo: - Grimmsnarl Screens + SP Solgaleo

Now for my weirdest team lmfao. so i got swept by this solgaleo set on ladder, so i wanted to use it. Grimmsnarl is the best setter and i dont lose to set up sweepers with Topsy Turvy and easier set up with parting shot. 2 mons that can have mega arent and this was basically a meme match with my friend Eggs Fun but it was my first lost and this team is fun for the ladder, not for tournament

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmonsmixandmega-1407775056 vs Eggs

Week 4 and 5
:Mamoswine: :Solgaleo: :Blissey: :Zeraora: :Tyranitar: :Ho-Oh: - Scizorite Mamoswine + Mega Tyranitar

Fat Mega TTar is amazing in this meta full of ghosts. Shore Up in the sand is amazing. I also love Lopunnite Zeraora because stab CC is broken. I made this team when mamoswine was first unrestricted from megaing. Scizorite made me kinda replicate pblades and glance. I choked Mamoswine turn 1 in this game so i had to try my hardest to come back and man did Zeraora help me come back. I had to play perfectly and man alot of 50/50s were there but i executed them amazingly. Not much to say since i had to play serious after losing. I used the same team for week 5 since i wanted to keep winning for my team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1392139514-qciv5nmymmbqrgb88z56f6vjivx989cpw vs PokaPK
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmonsmixandmega-1419501228 vs Akashi

Week 6
this team got deleted but i only remember Diancite Gyarados + Altarianite Noivern

NGL i dont wanna share this team because it was legit rushed and it was untested. i will share the replay so you can see the embarrassment

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1423820561-ltvw7kut88x2zrdux3d59s8705m896rpw vs DerpyBoi

Semi-Finals
:Blissey: :Lunala: :Tyranitar: :Corviknight: :Toxapex: :Zygarde-Complete: - Lum Berry Zygarde-C Balance

This is playoffs so i have to try hard. I picked the most try hard team i made and its a balance team. Since Zygarde had recovery, Lum Berry was used to set up and not worry about toxic. i played well to push my opponent but fell short because of overpredictions. As expected this match took long but using this team will do that to you. Bulky Ttar made its appearance and its still amazing.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1432282615-9qq2u0mhcj4dtojinlox8dwh8y12f5lpw vs InvalidOS

Overall i loved 3TPP. I loved building for stabnmega. i got to show my strength as a player and a builder and i am so blessed to be drafted. Shout outs to Sificon and Zoaw for drafted me. thank you both for having confidence in me and drafting me. Thank you for the moral support when i get nervous and giving me confidence when it came to building and helping me prove to those predicters who doubted me and picked me to lose to the strong players. Hopefully Stabnmega returns to TPP 4 and i will sign up. This was fun. Shoutouts to Don Vascus and The Dragon Master for helping me build and give me advice. play this meta more guys

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
0-5 man is gonna drop his 0-5 teams for camo mono

w1 vs cy

:pheromosa: :melmetal: :mew: :volcanion: :garchomp: :landorus-therian: • Ground BO

camo banned all the levitate guys (hydreigon, latis) so i felt like ground was a very good place to start. pheromosa + melm seemed like a pretty amazing offensive core, just pummeling through any team's defensive backbone. i was fully expecting offense or ho, so i was even considering a different ground team that i'll show later in this post.

w2 vs instruct

:torkoal: :entei: :charizard: :venusaur: :victini: :uxie: • Fire Sun

sun is definitely op in this; i just played like an idiot in the game and sacked venusaur when it won the instant it clicked growth. this team struggles a bit vs fire immunities, especially considering charizard and victini are choice-locked. at this point i was looking at opponents' teams and noticing their defensive cores lost to fire types—even if they weren't sun teams. at the time of me making the team, euphonos' team had 1 fire resist (dragon/poison). mossy's team had 1 fire resist (dragon/dark), and kythr's team had 0. a lot of people, when choosing defensive waters, like to forego an actual stab for flip turn, so it really made me interested in running fire sun here.

w3 vs frostyicelad

:torkoal: :venusaur: :necrozma: :slowbro: :charizard: :landorus-therian: • Ground Sun

i wanted to give sun another shot after my misplay in week 2, but unfortunately my necrozma got crit by a wood hammer and died. the team is pretty good—more reliant on our sun breakers to make progress considering there's less of them now. slowbro and landorus-t made for decent pivots that unfortunately couldn't do much, as they were pivots vs a rillaboom that should've died turn 11. fire/ground venu is ridiculously good—it can just win games by clicking growth in a lot of match-ups.

w4 vs euphonos

:klefki: :azumarill: :slurpuff: :magearna: :clefable: :mew: • Fairy Double Screens Double BD HO

going into this week, i was oddly confident that euphonos would not bring sturdy fairy resist(s). or at least, one that could be easily overwhelmed by multiple offensive fairies. unfortunately, i ran into sub toxic volcanion and sub melmetal. anyway, as the team name suggests, this is extreme cheese. there was initially a fire/fairy naganadel over clefable, but i felt clefable could benefit more from the additional bulk. having an actual fairy stab unlike naga, who would've used charm for the fairy type, was also a factor. the ghost/fairy ddance mew is a very cool mon on paper—it doesn't have many relevant resists at all. i think it's problem is that it doesn't hit a whole lot of relevant types for super effective damage either, which lets it die faster than it can ko pokemon. this was probably my least favorite team.

w5 vs kythr

:garchomp: :mew: :necrozma: :flygon: :salamence: :kommo-o: • Dragon Offense

i was expecting a water team from kythr as i began building, given my high usage of ground—sun or not—and fire. steel was the last thing I was expecting during my prep. initially, i was water/dragon Garchomp, but i found ground to be more useful, aiding against steels. the flygon was actually a secret amazing pick. it can set up dd so fast in the right match-up thanks to roost, its decent natural bulk, aided by ample hp investment, and cool defensive type with levitate. the team had several win cons: garchomp, mew, flygon, kommo-o. all of them play differently and need different amounts of support to win. right before the game, i suddenly expected to run into mono steel, which is by far my worst match-up. i also expected to run into a flash fire steel, specifically coalossal.

1635188716443.png

lucky for me, that is exactly what I ran into. fortunately, i didn't run water/dragon garchomp for the steel/flying water absorb volcanion.

1635188758556.png

(dramatic vine boom sound effect.mp3)

w6 vs jolly togekiss

:pheromosa: :melmetal: :kommo-o: :mew: :volcanion: :miltank: • Ground BO

i expected a poison or dark team from jt— a team with 1-2 regen pivots like torn or tang. i let expulso sub in and provided a new take on the ground bo. very similar typings all around for this build. a few changes were made in the final build, such as rocks mew, toxic miltank, and wide lens mosa. the initial build had a strong reliance on pheromosa and melmetal for breaking and mew/kommo-o for cleaning. kommo-o, due to clangorous soul + throat spray + boomburst, is obviously going to have more chances to clean than mew by virtue. toxic miltank was added as a sap sipper pokemon to combat rillaboom. unfortunately, it was the rare facade rillaboom, so it didn't really matter.

w7 vs pa

:shuckle: :rillaboom: :kommo-o: :melmetal: :tornadus-therian: :bisharp: • Fighting HO

this time around, i gave expulso a fighing ho build. once again, kommo-o was one of the prime focuses as a cleaner. shuckle's webs greatly benefit rillaboom, bisharp, and torn. melm was simply added as a solid defensive backbone that still brings breaking power to the table. after many weeks i caved in and added broken rillaboom, the pokemon that can make any type good. bisharp could've definitely been something like urshifu—it initially was—but its defiant was noteworthy enough for me to place it over urshifu. a lot of pokemon that would be targeted by low kick are hit by at least the 80 BP variant, so it wasn't a bad trade off. g-zapdos was also considered for the defiant, but a lack of sd or sucker punch and a reliance on throat chop as dark stab made it less desirable. we dodged like 15 hurricanes and won, so a temp team finally ended tpp with a w.

shoutout fabwooloo for tests and Expulso for piloting the final two teams

STABmons Mix and Mega
Shuckle_BW.gif.d32edc9b908a3c0412a003df5f1a4c93.gif814.gifKyurem-M.gif810.giftumblr_30ee664a475cc7f1d62a988f6f350671_58a562f3_640.gif
478603.gif

(CLICK SPRITES FOR TEAM)
A team I made few weeks ago
I think this is a good team....

salamence with scizorite increases it's attack stat by +20 but it increases it's other stats by a decent amount
1635229815197.png

However it has technician which makes Dragon darts a 75 base power move which hits twice (150 damage if it hits twice)
and bite which is a 90 base power move with 30% flinch chance
and Dragon ascent for STAB

Barraskewda
1635230006072.png

Nothing special about this but it increases it's attack stat by +80
It is a rlly good offensive mon...
And it has surging strikes which does 15 dmg hits thrice and always results in crit so it is basically a 112.5 base power move
CC for stab and Crunch for coverage you can switch it with drill run , Poison jab or Psychic fangs
Pretty sure this can easily ko sablenite blissey with cc

Solgaleo
1635230341824.png

It's attack increases by +10 and +40 speed and other stats in a decent amount
Behemoth Blade has 100 base power normally but with tough claws it has 130 Base power which is great
And then Psychic Fangs has 110 base power
close combat has 156 base power
and Eq has the same 100 base power you can switch it with Flare blitz which has 156 base power with recoil but i don't recommend it...

Kyurem
1635230827286.png

It's spcl.atk increases by +30 which doesn't seem like that much but it has hail
Just hail once at the start once you do that u can spam weather ball
Weather Ball
1635231061920.png

Normally it has a base power of 100 and is a ice type in hail but kyurem gains stab from it so it is a 150 Base power move
You can literally spam this for neutral hits and still KO it will do big damage if the opponent is a wall or smth like that
Core enforcer for stab
and earth power for coverage

Pheromoasa
1635231567239.png

Even though it's speed is decreased by -10 it still has really good speed
But it's attack stat increases by +60 which makes it such a deadly pok
It also gains skill link

Skill link:
1635231732922.png

So.. since it's Stabmons M&M pheromosa learns pin missile which hits 1-5 times 25 dmg per hit
So with skill link it hits 5 times 25x5=125 So Pin missile is a 125 Base power move
Triple Axel has only 20 Base Power
but it hits three times and it's dmg increases after every single hit
(Eg: If the first hit does 10% then the second hit will do about 20% then the last one will do about 40%)
So with skill link it is guaranteed to hit three times which makes it such a deadly move
Hi Jump Kick for stab
And Outrage for Coverage Which can be switched with throat chop

Shuckle
1635232376970.png

I don't think i have to explain this just Web the opponent and use s rocks
Knock of to remove opp's items if the pok does not have any mega stone
Sticky web really helps out the team so always go for sticky web first

Last edited:
STABmons Mix and Mega
View attachment 380163View attachment 380164View attachment 380165View attachment 380170View attachment 380166View attachment 380171

(CLICK SPRITES FOR TEAM)
A team I made few weeks ago
I think this is a good team....

salamence with scizorite increases it's attack stat by +20 but it increases it's other stats by a decent amount
View attachment 380172
However it has technician which makes Dragon darts a 75 base power move which hits twice (150 damage if it hits twice)
and bite which is a 90 base power move with 30% flinch chance
and Dragon ascent for STAB
If you're going to use a Flying STAB, why not Dual Wingbeat? It hits twice like Dragon Darts and doesn't have a stat drop. Although it does have an accuracy less than 100% and makes contact twice, I think it might edge out in this case since running into a Static Zapdos or something in the late game is going to be very unlikely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)