Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

I had my fingers crossed for emerald and yellow remakes.
That's kind of what I was hoping for, though I know they'll never do it as having two versions = $$$. I had hoped for something like Pokémon: Hoenn and Pokémon: Kanto released alongside one another. I guess it works out though as instead of buying two games at one time, it'll be two games years apart--better for the wallet. Oh well, Ruby for me. Apart from that I never really liked Hoenn, at least for its monsters, but given how gorgeous Kalos was I am really excited about seeing Pokémon's only tropical region with 3DS graphics. As a bunch of people have pointed out, there are a lot of locations in the game that should look awesome, like Meteor Falls, the volcano area, the graveyard, etc.

It's very likely that there are megas in the game - isn't Steven supposed to be a collector of "rare stones"?
Whooaaaa

But I'm still thinking Groudon and Kyogre as seen on the box are more likely new forms at best, and unless Cobraroll is right about GF's plans for the Lati@s I don't think there'll be any new megas at all. Of course, that still doesn't remove the possibility of existing megamons turning up in the main game. Tying Steven into that would be cool, and all it takes is him to say "I got these stones from a far away region!" to wave away the whole "megas are kalos only" thing.

Also, while Steven is preferential as Champion, I must confess I kind of liked Juan as Sootopolis' leader when Walalce was away...

Reactions: PME

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO!

Will Ship for Mega Metagross.
Is anyone else looking forward to Wailord blocking your path forward in 3D?

I'm quite excited. I even expect there might be some Mega Kalosmons introduced here, since GF already broke the pattern of only having the Gens mons available in the initial storyline.

Most ironic possible outcome: They put in a Wish tutor so that people can finally get a Wish Blissey from Hoenn...

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
If we go by the assumption that Emerald is the canon Gen 3 game, then Groudon and Kyogre were never officially caught.
Maybe these games will be sequels and not remakes?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If we go by the assumption that Emerald is the canon Gen 3 game, then Groudon and Kyogre were never officially caught.
Maybe these games will be sequels and not remakes?
Satoru Iwata said they were full remakes. Check Serebii.net for proof.

Oh, something just occurred to me, will features like character customization continue? I would love to start as May, but get her to look a little more like me as the story goes on.

Eh, I just feel that these remakes are going to involve hours of mindless Zigzagoon killing...

God, those things were everywhere in the originals <shudder>

Still, maybe there's finally a chance of Mega Lati@s being legal. (Assuming that Mega Evos will even be featured)

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Yay
Can't wait for the new Hoenn Battle Frontier :)
And also for the new mega-evos, such as mega-[Insert mediocre/awesome mon here]

Hopefully PokeBank will be compatible with them...

Gamefreak, get your shit together, and do the awesomest champion battle ever: a double against Wallace and Stephen.
Considering 3rd gen introduced double battles, would make a lot of sense. And would be pretty lame non catching the occasion for such a twist.
And, of course, they'll have to use mega Milotic and mega Metagross (or Aggron).

Random thoughts-

Dive routes IN 3D!! I really liked Dive routes in the original games, with the strange grass and underwater caves and stuff. It'll be cool if GF brings them back. Also the abandoned ship was cool af.

The Groudon vs Kyogre cutscene... It'll be interesting to see what they do to that.

Contests will be cool with the new battle animations. I guess Pokeblock's will come back too, way better than that poffin shit.

Guys, for everyone theorizing it might be a sequal with a whole new storyline, serebii just posted this:

Following its reveal yesterday, there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. We'll bring more on these games as it comes

So yeah, they are full remakes (only posted since I still see debate on it) With this kind of announcement, I see it being similar to hg/SS, with lots of changes, but staying true to the original plot line.

Reactions: PME

AwesomeFennekin

Banned deucer.
Guys, for everyone theorizing it might be a sequal with a whole new storyline, serebii just posted this:

Following its reveal yesterday, there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. We'll bring more on these games as it comes

So yeah, they are full remakes (only posted since I still see debate on it) With this kind of announcement, I see it being similar to hg/SS, with lots of changes, but staying true to the original plot line.
Ha! Take THAT Marrilland!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but there was a little blurb on Serebii regarding the stuff about whether it's a remake or a fully new game:

serebii said:
This pretty much absolves any doubt about it being a "new region," so I guess what it said in the trailer is just shitty marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)