Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easiest way to grind in gen 3 was to use Colosseum. First you pair them with a really strong mon (Groudon's EQ or Kyogre's Surf), have them wreck shit, rack up large amounts of EXP, and work your way until they can solo themselves. Doubles matches give shit tons of EXP especially in 1v2. Start with the easy ones and then work your way up to the stronger ones. Surf's old mechanic of NOT hitting teammates worked well back then.

Nowadays getting mons to level 100 is pointless since post story stuff caps levels at 50 anyways. Of course, if there was a Pokemon Stadium 3 then there'd be a purpose......*keeps dreaming*

As it's been mentioned before, I'm sure, leveling to 100 in ORAS won't be difficult at all as long as we get secret bases. Dedicated full teams of Lvl 100 Blissey with only Healing Wish as a move and holding a Toxic Orb will ensure quick matches with literal 100's of thousands of EXP. I can't run a calc right now, but I think a single Blissey can award upwards of 100,000+ EXP.

Thanks Bulbapedia:
The highest possible number of experience points that can be gained in a Single Battle is 457,970. This can be done by defeating a level 100 Blissey in a Trainer battle in Generation V, using an internationally traded Pokémon at level 1 that is holding a Lucky Egg, with Exp. Point Power ↑↑↑, S or MAX active. This means that given these conditions, a Pokémon could technically advance from level 1 all the way to level 87 in a Single Battle, provided that it was in the Erratic experience group.
  • A Pokémon in the Fast experience group would advance to level 83.
  • A Pokémon in the Medium Fast experience group would advance to level 77.
  • A Pokémon in the Medium Slow experience group would advance to level 76.
  • A Pokémon in the Slow experience group would advance to level 71.
  • A Pokémon in the Fluctuating experience group would advance to level 69.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Does that calc use the term Single Battle as in "Battling a single Pokémon" or "Experience awarded in a single (1-on-6) battle"? Quite big difference.

Still pretty impressive, though. A few battles like that, and you could get a Pokémon from zero to hero in figuratively no time at all. Better make sure it's fully evolved if it evolves by level, though. Must be a little annoying to suddenly remember that the Dratini you were training is now at lvl. 100, and will only evolve once at the end of the battle.

^Does that calc use the term Single Battle as in "Battling a single Pokémon" or "Experience awarded in a single (1-on-6) battle"? Quite big difference.

Still pretty impressive, though. A few battles like that, and you could get a Pokémon from zero to hero in figuratively no time at all. Better make sure it's fully evolved if it evolves by level, though. Must be a little annoying to suddenly remember that the Dratini you were training is now at lvl. 100, and will only evolve once at the end of the battle.
I'm pretty sure it's against a single Blissey, not counting the other members of the Trainer's team. Of course, I could be wrong, but does it really matter? Either way, you'll have a Lvl 100 'mon guaranteed after three or four matches (depending on that particular 'mon's Experience group). The only problem with this method, as you pointed out, is that you'll be leveling too fast. Give and take, right?

I think it's practically given that rematch levels will be raised.

To be blunt, RSE sucked in this respect. It was really, really, awful. If you had no friends with "tailored" Secret Bases, and wanted to train your Pokémon past level 70 or thereabout, all you could do was challenging Elite Four over and over and over again. The highest level of an Elite Four Pokémon in RS was 58. Not as thoroughly crappy as GSC, but still pretty bad. Getting anything to lvl. 100 was an exercise in patience.

And training your Pokémon to be good enough to challenge the Elite Four on their own? Well... there were trainers with Pokémon in the 30-ish range, and Gabby & Ty eventually got their Pokémon to lvl. 39, but between them and the Elite Four, you had to do a LOT of grinding. Or happen to know a friend with a Link Cable and enough patience to fill his team with Blissey.

Other remakes handled this abrupt stop of the level curve pretty decently. The trend has been that rematch trainers and the E4 have gotten stronger and stronger Pokémon from game to game, giving you a decent amount of experience even after your Pokémon passes the lvl. 80 mark. I expect certain rematch trainers' Pokémon to be at or near lvl 50, with a few daily rematches in the 50-65 range, and then the Elite Four's levels being in the 70s post-story. GameFreak knows that we like lvl. 100 Pokémon, and at least they try somewhat to enable us to acquire those within a decent amount of time.
Yeah, it's pretty crazy to think back to that when I've literally battled the Elite 4 one time in Y.

Not totally relevant to ORAS, but it's kind of on topic. You can get mons from level 1 to 100 in about 2 hours on XY. Lucky Egg + O-Power EXP + Cafe Le Wow Triple Battle. I actually take a Kyogre (of all things) and Water Spout to blow through the battles while the other two pokes rack up levels like it's hard to believe.

Also I'm confused why there's so much backlash towards the idea of numerous in game characters having megas. It seems unlikely since they still brand megas as this mysterious thing that only the most elite of the elite can even begin to fathom... but since we're getting more and more megas is not like there's gonna be too few to go around. I think it would be fun if more of the "milestone" trainers had megas.... or at least, I just don't see how that could detract form the game, so I don't understand why there are so many strong opinions against it.

Not totally relevant to ORAS, but it's kind of on topic. You can get mons from level 1 to 100 in about 2 hours on XY. Lucky Egg + O-Power EXP + Cafe Le Wow Triple Battle. I actually take a Kyogre (of all things) and Water Spout to blow through the battles while the other two pokes rack up levels like it's hard to believe.

Also I'm confused why there's so much backlash towards the idea of numerous in game characters having megas. It seems unlikely since they still brand megas as this mysterious thing that only the most elite of the elite can even begin to fathom... but since we're getting more and more megas is not like there's gonna be too few to go around. I think it would be fun if more of the "milestone" trainers had megas.... or at least, I just don't see how that could detract form the game, so I don't understand why there are so many strong opinions against it.
To be honest, I agree. I feel like there won't be too many Megas in ORAS, but by Generation 7 I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of Ace Trainers (or at least the Elite 4) used Mega Evolution. I never really liked that whole 'Mega Evolution is exclusive and rare' thing: if Korrina has a Mega Ring lying around, then why is she giving it to a random kid who has just won three gym badges rather than an Elite 4 member? I feel like the whole exclusivity idea is something they made for Mega Evolution to be central to the plot in XY, but slowly it'll just fade into the background.

My opinion is this: any trainer that uses mega evolution had better be important to the story. The E4 don't fit that, so if they have megas I'll be mad. I was already kind of mad that the terrible champion from Kalos had it, but that was a flaw of the character, not the fact she got a mega.

In my opinion, if they flat out gave each Elite Four member a mega evolution, it would just make the whole process a bit cliche; if they gave it to every strong trainer, it would just become overused and less extraordinary. To just to give it to the Elite Four without any work or reason just doesn't feel right, and would be a mistake, plot wise. As it is, Steven is the only sure character to have a mega, if only because of the way he is being developed.

However, if they were to put more of a story behind the character, then I certainly could see it happening. Strong bonds are said to be necessary, after all, and what better way to show that, than to give some character development. For example, if they go through with the process that they used with the gym leaders in Emerald, and build and expand their teams over a series of rematches, and maybe implement some backstories like they did in Unova 2, then I wouldn't be opposed seeing them have Mega's themselves on their final teams. If some of that process could be applied to the Elite Four, then all the better. The truth is, logically, Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, Professors, and even the kids who have the sponsorship of said Professors, would be in positions to hear and learn about it, even if Joey and Dana aren't.

To be honest, I agree. I feel like there won't be too many Megas in ORAS, but by Generation 7 I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of Ace Trainers (or at least the Elite 4) used Mega Evolution. I never really liked that whole 'Mega Evolution is exclusive and rare' thing: if Korrina has a Mega Ring lying around, then why is she giving it to a random kid who has just won three gym badges rather than an Elite 4 member? I feel like the whole exclusivity idea is something they made for Mega Evolution to be central to the plot in XY, but slowly it'll just fade into the background.
Mega Evolution is still supposed to be a largely unknown idea, right? People like Steven and Sycamore are currently looking into the secrets behind it, but knowledge of it isn't widespread. In that respect, there will likely be a more widespread use of it as time goes on in future generations. The thing is, Korrina didn't just give it to some random kid; didn't her teacher effectively give it to Sycamore, who passed it on to the strongest between 'Calem' and 'Serena' to learn how to use it for his research? From what I remember of the plot, we, as the player, weren't just some random kid of the street, there was an actual reason that it was given to us.

But yes, in all likelihood, as more is 'understood' about it, it will fade into the background, and GF will introduce a new game-changing feature that lets them use more of what they already have, instead of creating more monsters that will just be lost in the numbers. Quickly! What random little detail can GF exploit about Diamond and Pearl that can be made to tie into whatever comes next?

Last edited:
Honestly, Megas in ORAS should only really be owned by Steven, Rival, Wally and Wallace if he's the champion (plz no). I don't see any other character that could use one in-game sensibly aside from Maxie and Archie who do seem to have Mega Evolution items. That brings us up to 6 maximum and there shouldn't be any more than that imo.

Reactions: PME
In any game Megas should go to Rival, Champion, Villain Team Leader and Vital Plot Character(s). That's it.

I honestly don't feel like there is a large connection between anything in Sinnoh and Hoenn. At least nothing obvious springs to mind that could be placed in the game

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
In any game Megas should go to Rival, Champion, Villain Team Leader and Vital Plot Character(s). That's it.

I honestly don't feel like there is a large connection between anything in Sinnoh and Hoenn. At least nothing obvious springs to mind that could be placed in the game
They both have Pokemon.

On a more serious note, they could explain why Regigigas is found in a different region from its creations (the Regi Trio).

Honestly, Megas in ORAS should only really be owned by Steven, Rival, Wally and Wallace if he's the champion (plz no). I don't see any other character that could use one in-game sensibly aside from Maxie and Archie who do seem to have Mega Evolution items. That brings us up to 6 maximum and there shouldn't be any more than that imo.
Steven: Aggron or Metagross
Champion Wallace: Gyrados or Milotic
Wally: Gardevoir or Gallade
May/Brendan : Opposite starter. Still maybe they introduce mega ludicolo or (lol) mega pellipper. XY rival had an Absol that litteraly showed up for the post game fight so they could possibly change their rosters up.

Speaking of the rivals, they REALLY need more fights, or at least a post game battle. Only rival so far not to get to their starters final evolution. There were only 4 battles with them in the entire game (5 in emerald) and their starter only got to Lv 34. Thing is unless they do a D/P------>PT thing where they just mindlessly buff the rival at given intervals, there's no place for a May/Brendan fight since Wally's in Victory Road. Also, fuck the rival battle @ route 110, pisses me and anybody who used/will use mudkip off. Even speed runners say that fight is THE hardest.

Last edited:
There should be five Mega Rings, just like on Kalos: Wallace, Archie/Maxie (only one counts per game), your rival, Steven and you. And I still dream about that sweet, juicy Double Battle vs. Wallace and Steven. I always though those two were related somehow.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Anybody else excited to Shiny Fish-Chain all of the mons in Hoenn?

I hope this will include:

• Remoraid
  • Poliwhirl
  • Tentacool
  • Slowpoke
  • Seel
  • Shellder
  • Staryu
  • Magikarp
  • Goldeen
  • Lapras
  • Chincou
  • Marill
  • Wooper
  • Qwilfish
  • Mantyke
  • Horsea
  • Lotad
  • Carvanha
  • Alomomola
  • Barboach
  • Buizel
  • Finneon
  • Corpish
  • Feebas
  • Relicanth
  • Shellos
  • Tympole
  • Frillish
  • Skrelp
  • Spheal
  • Binacle
  • Surskit (PLEASE)
  • Wailmer
  • Basculin
  • Corsola
  • Crabby

Last edited:
Steven: Aggron or Metagross
Champion Wallace: Gyrados or Milotic
Wally: Gardevoir
May/Brendan : Opposite starter. Still maybe they introduce mega ludicolo or (lol) mega pellipper. XY rival had an Absol that litteraly showed up for the post game fight so they could possibly change their rosters up.

Speaking of the rivals, they REALLY need more fights, or at least a post game battle. Only rival so far not to get to their starters final evolution. There were only 4 battles with them in the entire game (5 in emerald) and their starter only got to Lv 34. Thing is unless they do a D/P------>PT thing where they just mindlessly buff the rival at given intervals, there's no place for a May/Brendan fight since Wally's in Victory Road. Also, fuck the rival battle @ route 110, pisses me and anybody who used/will use mudkip off. Even speed runners say that fight is THE hardest.
If Wally does get a Mega, to be honest I would be disappointed if it was Mega Gardevoir, as Diantha featured one in the previous game. It'll probably be Mega Gardevoir if he gets a Mega at all, but Mega Gallade would be interesting... oh well, I can hope.

So what happens to pokemon transferred to gen 5 from gen 3 Hoenn, and then traded to gen 5 Hoenn? Do they have the correct met locations, or did they "travel through time and space" to the same place.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So what happens to pokemon transferred to gen 5 from gen 3 Hoenn, and then traded to gen 5 Hoenn? Do they have the correct met locations, or did they "travel through time and space" to the same place.
Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)