Tournament OMPL VI - Week 1

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by h_n_g_m_n
Other Metagames Premier League VI
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoff | Finals -
- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays & Usage Stats -
Discussion Thread
How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. Bo3 USUM Anything Goes
  2. USUM Anything Goes
  3. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  4. Bo5 USUM 1v1
  5. USUM Mix and Mega
  6. USUM Almost Any Ability
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in whichthe round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks, after which the team with the most points will go directly to the final round. Week 8 will be a Playoff round between the second and third placed team to decide who will be the other finalist. Week 9 will be the grand finale. Note that this schedule is subject to tiebreakers (explained below)​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since Anything Goes is likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is left upto the players' discretion.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM E4 Flint on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups

The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [2][4] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: EternalSnowman vs Paycard
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs Arushi
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs motherlove
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs Magma
USUM Mix and Mega: Highlord vs Zesty43
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax vs bdov

The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [4][2] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham vs EzyRider (sub 1)
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs DonnotheFirst
USUM Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs morogrim
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs Joker 1v1
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Mark_K
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins vs Sabella

The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [4][2] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs GarbodorIsHot
USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons vs WTF THHE STALLS
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Halliday
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Kentari
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs M'joe'ra
USUM Almost Any Ability: Bushtush vs Funbot28

The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [2][4] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin vs Holy Break
USUM Anything Goes: shiloh vs Catalystic
USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner vs MAMP
Bo5 USUM 1v1: motogp vs UBERLandon21
USUM Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Andyboy500
USUM Almost Any Ability: Adrian Marin vs Sylveon.

---
If I made any errors, I apologize in advance and request you to please let me know asap via this thread, VM, PM or through discord!
---

Last edited:
The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [0][5] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: EternalSnowman vs Paycard
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs Arushi
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs Magma
USUM Mix and Mega: Highlord vs Zesty43
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax vs bdov

The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [1][5] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham vs HunterStorm
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs DonnotheFirst
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs Joker 1v1
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Mark_K
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins vs Sabella

The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [3][3] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs GarbodorIsHot
USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons vs WTF THHE STALLS
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Kentari
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs M'joe'ra
USUM Almost Any Ability: Bushtush vs Funbot28

The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [4][2] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

Im good at predicting i promise

Last edited:

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
AG Predicts

Talonflames vs Jolteons
BO3: EternalSnowman vs Paycard mans is still goat
BO1: Garay Oak vs Arushi this isn't ubers

Blisseys vs Mega Rays
BO3: Hamhamhamham vs Hunterstorm ssnl grudge match, its hunter's time
BO1: Mysterious M vs Donnothefirst he's making a strong return

Bewears vs Hydreigons
BO3: PurpleGatorade vs Garbodorishot could go either way but pg has that good ou experience
BO1: Pigeons vs WTF THHE STALLS i have to predict in favor of the boss, but p even matchup

Heliolisks vs Honchkrows
BO3: Fardin vs holy break one of if not the best matches of week 1
BO1: Shiloh vs Catalystic cata has more experience and is one of the best out there.

Good luck to all my ag homies out there
Also big zesty coming for highlord's head
also thimo coming out of nowhere with the rko midseason :]

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since I am not a player this year, I will post predicts of my own! Note that should these results match with real life events, it may not imply that I have rigged the entire tournament. These will be pretty short, simple and serious and I am only going to do BH.

Has had more experience/play time including probably the finals of the BH SSNL. I don't think mlove can shake off the rust in time, and still needs to familiarize with USUM introductions. Teambuilding can be a question mark for QT and that's the only thing I think mlove can exploit​
I have a pretty good idea of how both of them play, and based on that, I'd say badlighter is the better player but it's a 60-40 mu. Morogrim's focus on sometimes having creativity even over functionality may prove the difference either way. Could be decided at team preview. This should be the highlight of this week.​
Both creative players, however while sl42's sets usually involve executing an interesting idea on a team level, tbk's sets focus more on getting the ko's asap, restricting the time sl42 would need to set them up​
Another relatively even matchup, with vd having more recent experience, while mamp being the more proven tournament player. I'm more inclined to backing the latter's previous record on the big stage​

MAMP

MAMP!
professional bh predicts:

Quantum Tesseract vs motherlove - motherlove is good but he's been out of it for a while and quantum is in his prime rn. i expect motherlove to put up a good fight, but i think his rust and lack of recent metagame experience will get the better of him.

highlighter vs morogrim - this is the highlight match of this week, pun 100% intended. both of these guys are very strong players and unpredictable teambuilders, and this match could honestly go either way. i'm leaning in favour of highlighter because of his superior team support and tournament experience. looking forward to this one

Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Halliday - maybe a unpopular opinion, but i think sl42 has the edge here. i think sl42 is underrated as a player overall, his unconventional teambuilding style makes him extremely difficult to prepare for, and halliday is rusty and unfamiliar with the current metagame. this is an opportunity for sl42 to prove himself on the big stage, and i have faith in his abilities.

GL Volkner vs MAMP - u know how it b

1v1 predicts

Trace vs Magma never seen trace play so idrk

TDA vs Joker gonna be a close match, both extremely skilled players. have to say tda in the end though

rosa vs Kentari another tough one, two 1v1 drivers, though i think Kentari is slightly better. (unless rosa wins with yanma/jynx sleep rof)

motogp vs LandonA 21 both good players, though lando is probably slightly better

the only matches that matter, by edgar allan poem on PS

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: EternalSnowman vs Paycard - esteemed ag room voice and ssnl winner paycard. i'm just biased by the basis of this bein ag familia again, and this man havin actually won shit, i choose paycard. MZ, what the fuck are you doin lmao, arushi is an AG mod and actually really good, even if i feel they're sorta slept upon. go arushi, or whatever lmao

USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs Arushi - isn't gafray oak some bh player? never seen this man play a game of ag in my life, idk who this is or why he's on AG.

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs GarbodorIsHot - can't predict against either, but like, as for info on these monsters,skarph is a ladder hero, pg is a ag room mod, both are fuckin amazing. i haven't personally seen pg play ag in a bit, but that might just me bein blind, so, take that with a grain of salt, and i'm biased towards skarph, but i don't wanna predict bc this can truly go either way.

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham vs HunterStorm - man, i fuckin love hunter and all, but ham's coming off of a win of the ag spring ssnl, against hunter at that, so my dude has momentum on his side. their 1-1 in terms of tour wins against each other, hunter's team in AGTT having beat ham's, team broken v hamslam, in which he won their game. i'd love to see hunter win, just bc he's an old head in ag, and i support that, and it'd be good to see him get some redemption for SSNL.

USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs DonnotheFirst - i honestly don't know shit about either of these players, other than that M is an ubers main, and Donno is esteemed AG room driver, and friends w/ hunter, so i fuck with that. either way, by basis of me bein u n i n f o r m e d i'm not predicting.

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs GarbodorIsHot - can't predict against either, but like, as for info on these monsters,skarph is a ladder hero, pg is a ag room mod, both are fuckin amazing. i haven't personally seen pg play ag in a bit, but that might just me bein blind, so, take that with a grain of salt, and i'm biased towards skarph, but i don't wanna predict bc this can truly go either way.

USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons vs WTF THHE STALLS - pigeons lost to mono, and was sent in to a 6 month tilt bc of it, and therefore i can never root for this man, don't @ me

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin vs Holy Break - a match i'm looking forward to watching, both players are fuckin amazing, fardin is an s ranked user on the AG player VR, and for good reason. dude's fuckin wild, made finals in fall ssnl, and, last gen, hit a streak of upwards of 100 on ladder. HB is a more recent player, AG room driver, and equally comparable to jesus. i don't have much to say here lmao, even match, but my gut says HB

USUM Anything Goes: shiloh vs Catalystic - when has shiloh ever played ag, what the fuck are you doing managers, lmfao. cata, on the other hand, is an ag room mod, made it to finals in AG Spring SSNL loser's bracket, and is overall a p cool user.

I have to give the people what they want.

The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [4][2] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: EternalSnowman vs Paycard - While EternalSnowman may have been an ESteemed participant in last year's highly competitive and widely respected Other Metagames Farm League, and was purchased after a surprising bidding war during the auction, I have more faith in Paycard's AG tournament success.
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs Arushi: meanwhile, I don't have quite as much faith in someone who once had the username 21pichus. Arushi should be stressed out about this matchup.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs motherlove - you'd think any mention of a questionable draft strategy would be in relation to the Talonflames, but I actually have to wonder about the Jolteons' BH plans. Rather than inserting a potentially rusty motherlove into the significantly weaker AAA pool, they will depend on him to be their starter in arguably the toughest metagame out there.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs Magma - this is basically a proxy war between QT and Blaze's 1v1 teams. I think Blaze's are cooler and QT uses a lot of standard mons.
USUM Mix and Mega: Highlord vs Zesty43 - Zesty in this instead of AG is actually a smart move on the Jolteons' part (I think...) but if Highlord is at least one third as good as his devotee Fardin says he is, he'll win this matchup.
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax vs bdov - not sure if lax has been playing recently but I think he takes this one. just a weird, weird matchup overall.

The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [3][3] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham vs HunterStorm - a highlight match for sure, and an AG seasonal rematch. For some reason I think it swings the other way this time.
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs DonnotheFirst - seems like an easy upset pick here with Donno's recent absence and TI's apparent conviction in picking this mysterious player.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs morogrim - I think this is a good chance for highlighter to exorcize Rastavani from his soul and prove himself worthy of the "top bh player" moniker that he hasn't yet earned in tournaments. moro is up-and-down.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs Joker 1v1 - TDA is great, but Joker's got a wider variety within his teams by a significant margin, which matters a lot more in these tours than on ladder, I think.
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Mark_K - I think I called this the battle of mix and mega players with questionable self-confidence last year and then had to awkwardly backtrack on those statements in OM discord. Now I don't say anything risky and just recycle the same memes. Oh well... oh by the way I think Chazm will win.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins vs Sabella - Where is THE AAA CONSORT?? Sabella has a record of actually trying and succeeding in OMPL and would probably beat either tbh.

The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [2][4] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin vs Holy Break - I'm sure Isotonex would love to escape this match and replace it with bh for no reason again, but I think he'll play it and win in the end.
USUM Anything Goes: shiloh vs Catalystic - Speaking of Fardin favorites, where is iLlama?? I wonder why rozes is playing AG? Oh wait...

USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner vs MAMP - I appreciate that gee el volkner has a chip on his shoulder and stuff, but mamp is just very good at pocket monsters.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: motogp vs UBERLandon21 - so many people said that landon was underrated that he became overrated, and now everyone has begun to insist that he's overrated. My conclusion? He's appropriately rated. and UBER.
USUM Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Andyboy500 - je suis raimon
USUM Almost Any Ability: Adrian Marin vs Sylveon. - even when Adrian played Pokemon on a regular basis, he didn't really excel in OMPL. The no-longer-dark Sylv(i|e)on will take this one.

Attachments

SaturnZelda

formerly TylerWithNumbers
Time for *cough* unbiased predictions *cough* Zesty43 *Cough*

The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [3][3] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: EternalSnowman vs Paycard (AGGANG)
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs Arushi (AGGANG)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs motherlove (When was the last time QT played BH again)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs Magma (Idk either of them so I'm saying Trace so it's a tie)
USUM Mix and Mega: Highlord vs Zesty43 (Blame Ransei for drafting 4 AG players)
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax vs bdov (Look at the above response)

The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [3][3] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham vs HunterStorm (no hamslam today)
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs DonnotheFirst (HunterStorm: this isnt ompl, this is the best friends tour)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs morogrim (Highlighting the highlighter)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs Joker 1v1 (Only cause I kind of know TDA)
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Mark_K (Mark, bring Magearna checks)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins vs Sabella (Only saying Sabella so it's a tie ez)

The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [3][3] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs GarbodorIsHot (HunterStorm: this isnt ompl, this is the best friends tour)
USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons vs WTF THHE STALLS (HunterStorm: this isnt ompl, this is the best friends tour)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Halliday (After they win they're gonna go on Halliday)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Kentari (I don't know 1v1)
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs M'joe'ra (One of the best MnM players if not particularly active rn)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Bushtush vs Funbot28 (One of the few people who actually play AAA)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin vs Holy Break (Rip HB, gotta go with Fardin on this sadly)
USUM Anything Goes: shiloh vs Catalystic (This is gonna be a cataclys(t)mic event)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner vs MAMP (The 6 M-Amps are gonna pull through)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: motogp vs UBERLandon21 (Help idk 1v1)
USUM Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Andyboy500 (Stresh fart ez)
USUM Almost Any Ability: Adrian Marin vs Sylveon. (Rip Adrian, but geerat has the vote with me)

Last edited:

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Fardin vs Holy Break : both very nice players but Fardin got the edge for sure. His ability to use any playstyle along with his anti meta shit cores he comes up with on a daily, hb will def gonna have a hard time winning this. I predict Fardin going undefeated this ompl

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
JUST TO BE CLEAR YALL THIS ISNT SERIOUS

The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [3][2] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: EternalSnowman (19) vs Paycard (15) - A close battle but Eternal's lengthy name egde's out Paycard's Y
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak (16) vs Arushi (9) - Frankly Arushi is just not a strong player here, with a a short name with no outstanding letters
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract (29) vs motherlove (18)- While motherlove isn't really a pushover, it's tough to compete with a name like Quantum Tesseract
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace (7) vs Magma (10) - Frankly an uninteresting fight, between two bland names. I doubt Magma will pick up many, if any, other wins, while Trace really shouldn't be competing at this level with such a low scoring name.
USUM Mix and Mega: Highlord (16) vs Zesty43 (17) - This was a really close one. Both fairly average names, with Zesty's Z bringing his score into competitive range and ultimately edging out HIghlord's somewhat longer name.
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax (10) vs bdov (10) - As I said above, neither of these players are very strong. To paraphrase what was said about my first OMPL match "Should be a close match, but not what I'd call a highlight." 7 total letters isn't going to give high scores, even with some exotic choices of letters. Notable for being a tie and nothing else.

The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [5][1] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham (32) vs HunterStorm (16) - With fully twice the score of Hunterstorm, ham really slams this one, once again proving that they're worth every penny spent.
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M (18) vs DonnotheFirst (20) - Donno edge's out M in this match. Both users have lovely long luscious names, although mostly unpeopled by the rarer breeds of letter
USUM Balanced Hackmons: highlighter (22) vs morogrim (13) - Highlighter is a very solid player in this years OMPL, while morogrim falls short of average. No real contest here.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam (38) vs Joker 1v1 (20) - DAMN do not mess with TDA 38 points will mess you up. Joker is pretty good but TDA just blows basically everyone away.
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm (21) vs Mark_K (15) Mark K more like Mark L(oses to Chazm).
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins (20) vs Sabella (9)- Sabella has a medium-length name entirely filled with boring common letters, while cookiekins has a fairly long one with not just one but two k's! (good thing not one more though).

Overall the Blisseys have a very very solid lineup that will be tough to beat with only 1 starter under 20 and two over 30.

The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [3][2] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade (20) vs GarbodorIsHot (20) - Consider the shame of tying with someone named GarbodorIsHot. How will Purple live this down.
USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons (10) vs WTF THHE STALLS (25)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (55) vs Halliday (15) - I don't think absolutely anyone can beat Gurpreet. The name is just too long to win against.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra (4) vs Kentari (11) - osra is the worst player in this tour. 4 points is just awful.
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore (21) vs M'joe'ra (15) - csm has a nice long name which contributes to an above average score, while joe will struggle to make an impression with his merely average name, wishing all the while that apostrophes counted.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Bushtush (16) vs Funbot28 (11) - Funbot has a rather weak score, which allows Bush to pull ahead.

The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [3][3] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin (10) vs Holy Break (21) - Fardin has no rare letters at all, allowing Holy Break to pull ahead with their K and Y.
USUM Anything Goes: shiloh (12) vs Catalystic (17) - shiloh also has a rather short, alphabetically common name, while Cata has a more middling name and score.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner (17) vs MAMP (10) - Four letter names are almost always awful, and MAMP is no exception.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: motogp (11) vs UBERLandon21 (13) A closer one, but not what I would call a highlight. Landon pulls ahead by an UBER.
USUM Mix and Mega: xavgb (18) vs Andyboy500 (16) - Stresh carries some uncommon letters which easily makes up for the shorter length of his name. The strongest player on the Heliolisks.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Adrian Marin (14) vs Sylveon (13). Adrian's longer name v Sylveon's Y led to a close match where Adrian just edged out Sylveon.

Overall both of these teams are pretty weak. I don't expect either to go far versus a team like the Blissey's

Overall
W/T/L
Bedroom Blisseys 1/0/0
Buyer Bewear's 1/0/0
Treasure Town Talonflames 1/0/0
Hellborn Heliolisks 0/1/0
Hotshot Honchkrows 0/1/0
Five Star Jolteons 0/0/1
Metro Boomin' Mega Rays 0/0/1
Hydrophobic Hydreigons 0/0/1
The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [4][1] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: EternalSnowman vs Paycard - A well known AG auth with a solid reputation competitively v someone who I've never heard of. I'm going with Paycard
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs Arushi- idk these guys tbh.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs motherlove - While this isn't really QT's home meta, I'm going to give him the win because damn his team is relying on it.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs Magma - This is just a guess. I really don't have much at all to back this up.
USUM Mix and Mega: Highlord vs Zesty43 - Zesty has a solid reputation as an AG player, but Highlord is a good if rusty MnM player backed by QT's building skills. I don't doubt the results of this.
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax vs bdov - *sees lax. assumes is aaa god*

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham vs HunterStorm - Should be a great match. It could go either way, but my gut says that Hunterstorm may have it, especially if Ham is supporting other teammates.
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs DonnotheFirst - I've heard Donno is p good. Don't really know either, so this is practically meaningless.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs morogrim - two gods of rust face off: who can get cleaned up first? I feel like HIghlighter is less rusty, but that if Moro can get back in shape quickly enough he can swing it. I'll give it to Highlighter for now though.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs Joker 1v1: Both decent to good, I know TDA better.
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Mark_K: This should be a good match, but I think that Chazm's more recent experience should be able to pull through.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins vs Sabella - Sabella is a great player. Pity this isn't monotype but I think Sabella will still pull it off. I don't actually know Cookiekins though (me not knowing ppl may be a pattern)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs GarbodorIsHot - I will never ever predict in favor of someone named Garbodor Is Hot. That's worse then a furry, that's a trashy. Also Purple is really fking good.
USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons vs WTF THHE STALLS - I like Pigeons a lot but I have yet to be hugely impressed by him as a competitive player, while I hear great things about WTF.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Halliday - Halliday is one of the big names in BH. Gurpreet can probably give him a good fight, and if Halliday underestimates his opponent it could go South for him.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Kentari - both widely known 1v1 players, I think Osra has the edge, but I don't know 1v1 that well, and honestly without Grassy Terrain Mew she might just lose to Mamoswine.
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs M'joe'ra - I swear y'all are sleeping on csm. He's really good.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Bushtush vs Funbot28 - Idk Bushtush really but Funbot is capable in most oms she turns her hand to.

The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [6][0] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

GO HELIOLISKS!!! Don't ever expect me to predict against my own team they're amazing

I've never done predictions before, but I'll give it a shot for BH:

(Green + Underline is WIN / Red is lose.)

Quantam Tesseract v Motherlove: Motherlove has been away for quite some time. Both are good, but QT is more clued up on the meta.
Highlighter v Morogrim: Bias aside, Morogrim will win this.
SL42 v Halliday: Anyone that can make Shiftry work in BH should win. Halliday is an excellent player, but he has been away from the meta for quite some time now.
GL Volkner v MAMP: While Volk is a good player, MAMP is a tad more reliable. But, I can see this going either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)