Tournament OMPL VI - Week 4

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by h_n_g_m_n
Other Metagames Premier League VI
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoff | Finals -
- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays & Usage Stats -
Discussion Thread
How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. Bo3 USUM Anything Goes
  2. USUM Anything Goes
  3. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  4. Bo5 USUM 1v1
  5. USUM Mix and Mega
  6. USUM Almost Any Ability
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in whichthe round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks, after which the team with the most points will go directly to the final round. Week 8 will be a Playoff round between the second and third placed team to decide who will be the other finalist. Week 9 will be the grand finale. Note that this schedule is subject to tiebreakers (explained below)​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since Anything Goes is likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is left upto the players' discretion.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM E4 Flint on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups

The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [2][4] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham vs PurpleGatorade
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs Pigeons
USUM Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs sugarhigh
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs Osra
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs MultiAmmiratore
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins vs itsKimbo

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [2][4] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Catalystic
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs Holy Break
USUM Balanced Hackmons: aki0s vs MAMP
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 (
sub 1) vs UBERLandon21
USUM Mix and Mega: Mark_K vs Andyboy500
USUM Almost Any Ability: Shiba vs Sylveon.

The Five-Star Jolteons
(DBW & Ransei) - [2][4] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Zesty43 vs Fardin
USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs shiloh
USUM Balanced Hackmons: motherlove vs tzop (sub 1)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: martha vs Freddy Kyogre
USUM Mix and Mega: The Excadrill vs xavgb
USUM Almost Any Ability: Official Fissure vs Laxpras

The Hydrophobic Hydreigons
(Chloe) - [4][2] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS vs Charmflash
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot vs Garay oak
USUM Balanced Hackmons: jasprose (
sub 1) vs Quantum Tesseract
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Trace
USUM Mix and Mega: In The Hills vs EternalSnowman
USUM Almost Any Ability: aesf vs lax

---
If I made any errors, I apologize in advance and request you to please let me know asap via this thread, VM, PM or through discord!
---
~ Deadline ~
11:59 PM (UTC -5) on July 8th, 2018
Week 5 Team Submission Deadline: 5:59 PM (UTC -5) on July 8th, 2018

Last edited:
The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [][] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham vs PurpleGatorade - GGATORADE, also ham without esm is useless clearly
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs Pigeons - clout stay higher with the ag main
USUM Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs sugarhigh - highlighter goat
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs Osra - this is a close one but i think TDA has the edge
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs MultiAmmiratore - chazmicsupernova
USUM Almost Any Ability: Cookiekins vs itsKimbo - who

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [][] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Catalystic - 2 goats
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs Holy Break - 2 more goats but hb has a better command of current metagame
USUM Balanced Hackmons: aki0s vs MAMP - a champ
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Mark_K vs UBERLandon21- whys mark k playing 1v1
USUM Mix and Mega: Betathunder vs Andyboy500 - gonna ghost betathunder irl for this one
USUM Almost Any Ability: Shiba vs Sylveon. - sylveon is underrated at aaa and knows more than shiba

The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [][] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Zesty43 vs Fardin - absolute highlight
USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs shiloh - zzzzzz
USUM Balanced Hackmons: motherlove vs Adrian Marin - adrian is getting subbed
Bo5 USUM 1v1: martha vs Freddy Kyogre - i really dont think martha is that good, and freddy is literally god at 1v1
USUM Mix and Mega: The Excadrill vs xavgb - u already kno
USUM Almost Any Ability: Official Fissure vs Laxpras - highlight match but im not sure who gonna come out on top

The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [][] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS vs Charmflash - ag main > granddad
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot vs Garay oak - ubers goat translates?
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Halliday vs Quantum Tesseract - im not too up to date but i know they both are good
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Trace - 1v1 main > tours player
USUM Mix and Mega: In The Hills vs EternalSnowman - esm without ham is useless
USUM Almost Any Ability: aesf vs lax - lax is the absolute goat lejon mf flames

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
mnm predicts for this week:

Chazm vs MultiAmmiratore - just bring magearna and 6-0, like lol
Mark_K vs Andyboy500 - hard to predict, but if i absolutely had to pick, it’ll be mark to win it
The Excadrill vs xavgb - i’m counterpredicting so xav can win, but if he doesn’t i predicted right so idgaf
In The Hills vs EternalSnowman - fuck u hills, time to bring altarianite zyg-c

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
AG Predicts

Hamhamhamham vs PurpleGatorade - ham is in a bit of a losing streak and im confident in pg's abilities
Mysterious M vs Pigeons - mans is in the air
HunterStorm vs Catalystic - as someone who works with enzymes, its Catalytic,
DonnotheFirst vs Holy Break hb about to break down donno ez, its in the name
Zesty43 vs Fardin - I asked zesty if he still had the juice and he said yes, 418 gang
Paycard vs Shiloh - goat, not much to say
WTF THHE STALLS vs Charmflash - my ou family, always good to root for the underdog, also beat ham last week
Garbodorishot vs Garay Oak - skarph

go Kois :]

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
something that isn't ag/mnm, wow!
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs Osra, watch now be the only time he takes my advice and makes new teams-
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Betathunder vs UBERLandon21, og 1v1 vs newg 1v1, should be interesting or a slaughter
Bo5 USUM 1v1: martha vs Freddy Kyogre, oof
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Trace, ouch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)