Tournament OMPL VI - Week 6

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by h_n_g_m_n
Other Metagames Premier League VI
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoff | Finals -
- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays & Usage Stats -
Discussion Thread
How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. Bo3 USUM Anything Goes
  2. USUM Anything Goes
  3. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  4. Bo5 USUM 1v1
  5. USUM Mix and Mega
  6. USUM Almost Any Ability
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in whichthe round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks, after which the team with the most points will go directly to the final round. Week 8 will be a Playoff round between the second and third placed team to decide who will be the other finalist. Week 9 will be the grand finale. Note that this schedule is subject to tiebreakers (explained below)​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since Anything Goes is likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is left upto the players' discretion (here, bo3 will be the default)​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM E4 Flint on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups
The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [2][4] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: DontStealMyPenguin (sub 1) vs Holy Break
USUM Anything Goes: Hamhamhamham (
sub 2) vs Catalystic
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Willdbeast vs MAMP
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs MaceMaster
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Andyboy500
USUM Almost Any Ability: The Consort vs Sylveon.

The Five-Star Jolteons
(DBW & Ransei) - [2][4] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Arushi vs WTF THHE STALLS
USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs GarbodorIsHot
USUM Balanced Hackmons: motherlove vs jasprose
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Zesty43 (
sub 1) vs Kentari
USUM Mix and Mega: The Excadrill vs M'joe'ra
USUM Almost Any Ability: Official Fissure vs aesf

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas
(DEG & sedertz) - [4][2] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Charmflash
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs Highlord (
sub 1)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim vs Quantum Tesseract
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Shiba (
sub 1) vs Trace
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi vs Eien
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs EternalSnowman (
sub 2)

The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [4][2] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs Fardin
USUM Anything Goes: Alpha Rabbit vs iLlama
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs tzop (
sub 1)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Freddy Kyogre
USUM Mix and Mega: skysolo14 (
sub 1) vs Laxpras
USUM Almost Any Ability: itsKimbo vs shiloh

---
If I made any errors, I apologize in advance and request you to please let me know asap via this thread, VM, PM or through discord!
---
~ Deadline ~
11:59 PM (UTC -5) on July 22nd, 2018
Week 7 Team Submission Deadline: 5:59 PM (UTC -5) on July 22nd, 2018

Last edited:
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Cookiekins vs Holy Break - holy is justt better.
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs Catalystic - can go either way
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Willdbeast vs MAMP - mamp cuz hes good and i dunno who willdbeast is, prob a random.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs MaceMaster - better player.
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Andyboy500 - this is quite the game, chazm is ok and andy is just wack in general.
USUM Almost Any Ability: The Consort vs Sylveon. - free.

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Arushi vs WTF THHE STALLS - after that 6-0 this team's morale is just bad right now
USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs GarbodorIsHot - free
USUM Balanced Hackmons: motherlove vs jasprose - free
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Zesty43 (sub 1) vs Kentari - stick to mnm, actually stick to irl. this is free.
USUM Mix and Mega: The Excadrill vs M'joe'ra - just bring charm bliss and u will 6-0 his team literally.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Official Fissure vs aesf- free

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs Fardin - rooting for u
USUM Anything Goes: Alpha Rabbit vs iLlama - free, ur opponent is basically a cheerleader but playing
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs GL Volkner - best bh player. free plus ur opponent is a meme
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Freddy Kyogre - godspeed to u orsa.
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Laxpras - lol what a joke this is, stick to aaa
USUM Almost Any Ability: itsKimbo vs shiloh - i heard ur actually jrdn so free.

zzzz

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
im back

The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [1.5][4.5] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Cookiekins vs Holy Break: cookie is a decent player but i'm not exactly sold on him playing ag
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs Catalystic: could see this going either way, both players have shown that they are good but not invincible
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Willdbeast vs MAMP this will be close, especially with hl supporting will, but mamp has brought really good teams/plays this ompl
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs MaceMaster: mace is ok but tda has the upper hand here i think
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Andyboy500: andy is a lot better than i expected initially
USUM Almost Any Ability: The Consort vs Sylveon.: sylveon is good at aaa and we all know consort will get subbed out into someone who doesn't play aaa at all

The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [1][5] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Arushi vs WTF THHE STALLS: interesting mu here. zenithial lost last week but has been performing very well otherwise, while arushi has proven capable of standing up against strong opponents as well.
USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs GarbodorIsHot: both are good but literally how do you lose with that name
USUM Balanced Hackmons: motherlove vs jasprose: although ml might have the upper hand in an individual tour, jasp has more support from teammates here
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Zesty43 (sub 1) vs Kentari: this isn't an easy win for kentari, but he's the better 1v1 player here
USUM Mix and Mega: The Excadrill vs M'joe'ra: unless i was unaware of exca's mnm capabilities, i don't see this going any other way
USUM Almost Any Ability: Official Fissure vs aesf: not too familiar with either one

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [3.5][2.5] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Charmflash: hunter is really good
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs Garay oak: both have proven to be very capable players, i'd say that donno has a better chance but the skill gap is pretty small
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim vs Quantum Tesseract: moro is gonna bounce back here i think
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 vs Trace: might b an unpopular opinion but i think trace has been slept on this tour
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi vs Eien: this might be the most ridiculous mu of the whole tour so far lol. "charm psychic ibeam blissey is broken" vs someone who's good at mono but hasn't played much mnm to my knowledge. have no idea what's going to happen
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs lax: see above

The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal) - [][] - The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Cookiekins vs Holy Break: I'd prolly prep for ham here
USUM Anything Goes: Mysterious M vs Catalystic: close game I think Cata has had some super tight games so far against really good players I see him turning it around last two weeks
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Willdbeast vs MAMP: The champ?
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam vs MaceMaster: I respect the man not using hypno gar!
USUM Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Andyboy500: Andy is simply too fye
USUM Almost Any Ability: The Consort vs Sylveon: very hot game very HL worthy

The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [][] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Arushi vs WTF THHE STALLS: gang
USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs GarbodorIsHot: gang
USUM Balanced Hackmons: motherlove vs jasprose : gang
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Zesty43 (sub 1) vs Kentari: Idk does this other dude even play 1v1?
USUM Mix and Mega: The Excadrill vs M'joe'ra: gang
USUM Almost Any Ability: Official Fissure vs aesf: gang

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [][] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Charmflash: Better at Ag also going to put more effort in probably
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs Garay oak: one I'm looking forward to donno has been super fire though
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim vs Quantum Tesseract: the kingpin
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 vs Trace: This dudes good if i recall
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi vs Eien: free highlord
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs lax: game of the week very fire could go either way

The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [][] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs Fardin: other game of the week also could go either way pg is just really hot right now might be the best regardless of record though fardin is still one of if not the best so this is gonna be a must watch
USUM Anything Goes: Alpha Rabbit vs iLlama: does not miss
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs GL Volkner: insert goat emoji
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Freddy Kyogre: has this dude lost?
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Laxpras: not the guy i would choose to switch up against
USUM Almost Any Ability: itsKimbo vs shiloh: very wavy dude

I don't care for predicts usually but I've got a few I really want to do this time

PurpleGatorade (60) vs. Fardin (40) : I think PG is probably the most improved player in AG over the last few months, gaining major momentum from his success in UPL and following it on to OMPL. If this was ssnl, I'd predict Fardin, but given his lousy track record in team tours and PG's sheer excellence in the same, I see him as the favorite here. The fact that I still give a 40% chance to fardin against PG after the former has had an abysmal OMPL speaks volumes of how good he is, though. If fardin actually chooses to prepare hard for this, it's going to be a really hot series.

Arushi (50) vs. Zenithial (50) : This one has the potential of being a really good series, especially given the fact that both these players got the opportunity to do a Bo3. Arushi is in hot form and managed to steal an intense victory from HB last week, whereas Zenithial has undergone a huge change in choice of playstyle this OMPL - surprising all his opponents. The newfound unpredictability mixed with consistency of Zenith going against an established AG threat in Arushi promises a lot. In my opinion, this one's gonna come down to plays more than matchup - gut says Arushi.

Paycard (55) vs. Skarpherim (45) : I was majorly impressed with Skarpherim early OMPL because of his creativity and ability to adapt to tour games, and his choice of teams were very different from his ladder preference. However, I think he has sacrificed consistency for creativity along the way,
while Paycard has maintained his status as a primary AG threat in this tour. I am really surprised both these managers chose to have this to be the Bo1 slot given the importance of this week for both of them, and unless there's some swank deal under the table wherein both AG games were pre-decided as Bo3, this might be a major cost to pay for the losing team. The most important match of AG for both these teams so far, in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)