Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Apparently both Bank and Transporter have been updated to be compatible with USUM and GS. I've updated Bank but cannot find Transporter on the eshop to update it. Anyone know how?

Apparently both Bank and Transporter have been updated to be compatible with USUM and GS. I've updated Bank but cannot find Transporter on the eshop to update it. Anyone know how?
Transporter isn't on the E-shop. You should be able to update it by just hovering over it and getting the option. If not, go to the Pokebank app and download it from there

Transporter isn't on the E-shop. You should be able to update it by just hovering over it and getting the option. If not, go to the Pokebank app and download it from there
Only options are 'Manual', 'Open', and 'Save Data Back Up'. Going through Bank just tells me I've already downloaded it.

Edit: Turns out in order to download an update from the internet, you also have to be connected to the internet.

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Only options are 'Manual', 'Open', and 'Save Data Back Up'. Going through Bank just tells me I've already downloaded it.

Edit: Turns out in order to download an update from the internet, you also have to be connected to the internet.
Guessing you already resolved the issue, but if anyone else is having issues with Transporter not giving you the option to update it from the shop or on the 3DS menu, delete the application via System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software, and re-download it directly from Pokemon Bank. It re-installs at 1.4.

That's what I ended up having to do since the app wouldn't give me the option to update it from the 3DS menu, despite being connected to the internet, and the patch wasn't in the eShop either.

I use a NA 3DS. If I was to purchase a non-English (Japanese, French, etc.) Virtually Console (Red, Blue, Yellow, etc.) game, I have a couple questions about the results:

1. Can I transfer these Pokémon via Pokémon Transporter despite the differing language?
2. If yes, will they have the language of the game I purchased or English?
3. Due to ACE (arbitrary code execution), do you think it would be easier to get MM Dittos via VC (using ACE, Dittos can be received as gift Pokémon) or by using a Gen VII game and SOS Chaining?

Sorry for the noobish question, but I'm using Korrina's Lucario in my team in-game (Pokemon Y), and was wondering what the optimal moveset and EVs for it would be, considering it's a Hasty nature? For moveset, I was thinking something like Close Combat/Dark Pulse/Flash Cannon/Extremespeed or Power-Up Punch, and for EVs I suppose it kinda depends on the moveset. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry for the noobish question, but I'm using Korrina's Lucario in my team in-game (Pokemon Y), and was wondering what the optimal moveset and EVs for it would be, considering it's a Hasty nature? For moveset, I was thinking something like Close Combat/Dark Pulse/Flash Cannon/Extremespeed or Power-Up Punch, and for EVs I suppose it kinda depends on the moveset. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I think you should use swords dance, close combat, extreme speed, and earthquake. It lets you set up swords dance on a weak Pokemon and relatively easily sweep the rest of the team.

I use a NA 3DS. If I was to purchase a non-English (Japanese, French, etc.) Virtually Console (Red, Blue, Yellow, etc.) game, I have a couple questions about the results:

1. Can I transfer these Pokémon via Pokémon Transporter despite the differing language?
2. If yes, will they have the language of the game I purchased or English?
3. Due to ACE (arbitrary code execution), do you think it would be easier to get MM Dittos via VC (using ACE, Dittos can be received as gift Pokémon) or by using a Gen VII game and SOS Chaining?
1.- Yes
2.- I'm not 100% sure, but I think they keep their original language
3.-The Ditto would come to SM with 3 random IVs, regardless of IVs

Hello, Im trying to find an information but am not having luck with it.

Quite some time ago I read somewhere that the maximum IVs a wild pokemon could have is 4 in gen 7. While 5 and 6 IVs were technically possible, what I remember from the information was that the seeds for a 5 or 6 IV wild pokemon to appear wouldnt EVER happen, being completely impossible, thus making 5/6IVs wild Dittos impossible to get legit. This coming from some code mining, not a just a hypothesis. So no matter what, after a 30 SOS chain you'd have always a 4IV Ditto, nothing beyond that.

Does someone know Im talking about and would point me to where this was disclosed? Could have been here, could have been on reddit, could have been gbatemp... but Mr Google just wont help me finding this information, or Im trying the wrong way perhaps.

Thanks in advance.

Can someone explain to me how SOS slots work?
Like I'm hunting for Golett in US, so I'll just use the haina desert table for an example

SOS Slot 1 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 2 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 3 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 4 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 5 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 6 (Levels 32-35): Golett (100%)
SOS Slot 7 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)

Golett is only in slot 6. Does anything determine the slot used? Is it based on the level of the pokemon? If someone SOS summons a Krorkork, does that mean it will never summon a Golett?
How does weather SOS encounters factor into this, while I'm at it.

Since Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma are essentially Necrozma, am I correct in assuming their Natures, IVs, and EVs are based on those of Necromza rather than Solgaleo's/Lunala's?

Can't find an answer to this anywhere else: In all of the Gen 6 & 7 core series games, which portions enable stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS and which don't?

e: Thanks!

Last edited:
Can't find an answer to this anywhere else: In all of the Gen 6 & 7 core series games, which portions enable stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS and which don't?
I'm not entirely sure about Gen VI, but IIRC it's everywhere.

In Gen VII, you can only use stereoscopic 3D when taking photos.

Gen 6: battles, some cutscenes (basically most of the ones which leave the standard overview), the Holo Caster in XY

Gen 7: just the camera minigames, I think

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hello, Im trying to find an information but am not having luck with it.

Quite some time ago I read somewhere that the maximum IVs a wild pokemon could have is 4 in gen 7. While 5 and 6 IVs were technically possible, what I remember from the information was that the seeds for a 5 or 6 IV wild pokemon to appear wouldnt EVER happen, being completely impossible, thus making 5/6IVs wild Dittos impossible to get legit. This coming from some code mining, not a just a hypothesis. So no matter what, after a 30 SOS chain you'd have always a 4IV Ditto, nothing beyond that.

Does someone know Im talking about and would point me to where this was disclosed? Could have been here, could have been on reddit, could have been gbatemp... but Mr Google just wont help me finding this information, or Im trying the wrong way perhaps.

Thanks in advance.
We just had a little discussion about this on the OI Discord channel.

Evidently, the seeds for 6 perfect IVs do exist, since people use RNG manipulation to encounter 6 IV Pokémon. Sure you aren't confusing it with the cap on guaranteed perfect IVs from SOS chaining? Through chaining you can get Pokémon with up to 4 perfect IVs guaranteed. For the two remaining IVs, you have to rely on random numbers.

I'm guessing this the place to ask this. Has anyone found a good reliable grinding method for Bottle Caps?
If you want Silver ones then fishing in Seafolk Village is probably easiest as you can quickly reset the fishing spot bubbles by going in and out of the boat. Mind you that's for SUMO, haven't reached that point yet in USUM so can't say if it's the same for those games.

Has anyone managed to catch an Adamant Zygarde in USUM? I’ve soft reset 100+ times and have gotten every nature except aadamant. Do I just have bad luck or is it nature locked?

Has anyone managed to catch an Adamant Zygarde in USUM? I’ve soft reset 100+ times and have gotten every nature except aadamant. Do I just have bad luck or is it nature locked?
Don't think theres any such thing as a nature lock, also you should probably be using a synchronizer if you want a specific nature

If it was nature locked, you would only be seeing one nature. Using an Adamant natured Pokemon with Synchronize in the lead (preferably already fainted) will give you a 50% chance of the Zygarde being Adamant as well.

When does the clock roll over for (Ultra) Moon? When the 3DS clock rolls over, or when it rolls past midnight in-game? (basically, when does it roll over so I can do the "once per day" events again)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)