Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

yes go ahead
Great, I've got a couple of questions:

What's the maximum amount of Pokemon you can have at a time?

Is there a list anywhere of the recruitment % of all Pokemon in the game?

There is no way to change your team/Pokemon name. Correct?

It seems like a few of my Pokemon are glitched. For instance, I have a Spheal that seems to never level up. It's only level at 19 and it needs 40.000+ EXP(!) to level up. Is this actually correct or is this a bug? Even my level 40 Dodrio needs less EXP. I have more Pokemon like this.

Do shiny Pokemon exist in this game? If yes, what are the chances?

Is there a way to expand your bag beyond 20 items?

What is hitting/missing a move based on in this game?

How the heck does status, especially sleep, work in this game? It looked like I was asleep for 10+ turns just now.

What is the power of moves based on? It nowhere says anything about power in the move description.

What are the odds of encountering a monster house and is there any way to trigger it?

How exactly does 'move linking' work? Does it give any benefits?

Do you have more chance of recruiting a Pokemon if you use an actual move rather than your standard attack?

Can I even recruit 2nd stage Pokemon at all? It seems to never happen.

What different ranks for my rescue team are there, and does it give me any rewards when my rank goes up?

When you die in a dungeon, you lose money and items. How much/many exactly do you lose and what is it based on?

I heard there are Pokemon in this game that have a recruitment % below zero. Can you elaborate on this? Are these impossible to recruit?

How do I get HM Fly? I read somewhere that it's supposed to be in Solar Cave, but I looked thoroughly on every floor and I couldn't find it.

I noticed you get about 200% of the EXP when defeating a Pokemon with a move, rather than a standard attack. How is this determined?

You defeat a Pidgey with 1 member in your party and get 50 EXP. You defeat that same Pidgey with 4 team members. Do they all get 50 EXP each, or will it be divided?

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Great, I've got a couple of questions:

What's the maximum amount of Pokemon you can have at a time?

It seems like a few of my Pokemon are glitched. For instance, I have a Spheal that seems to never level up. It's only level at 19 and it needs 40.000+ EXP(!) to level up. Is this actually correct or is this a bug? Even my level 40 Dodrio needs less EXP. I have more Pokemon like this.

Do shiny Pokemon exist in this game? If yes, what are the chances?

I heard there are Pokemon in this game that have a recruitment % below zero. Can you elaborate on this? Are these impossible to recruit?

How do I get HM Fly? I read somewhere that it's supposed to be in Solar Cave, but I looked thoroughly on every floor and I couldn't find it.

I noticed you get about 200% of the EXP when defeating a Pokemon with a move, rather than a standard attack. How is this determined?

I ain't alti but I can answer these ones pretty easily.

Pokemon have different exp groups than in normal, so some take noticeably more exp to level up than you'd expect. Spheal is exceptional because I believe it's actually the one who requires the absolute most to level up at low levels.

No shinies.

There are ways to increase the base chance of recruiting pokemon. The team leader's level, for example, starts giving a bonus after level 30 and has that bonus increase every 10 levels until level 100 when you're at +24% to recruitment chance. There's also an item called the Friend Bow which increases the recruitment chance by 10% as well.

Fly's actually in Wyvern Hill, not Solar Cave.

If you hit the enemy with a move, regardless of whether or not you knock them out with a standard attack afterwards, you'll get the bonus exp.

I ain't alti but I can answer these ones pretty easily.

Pokemon have different exp groups than in normal, so some take noticeably more exp to level up than you'd expect. Spheal is exceptional because I believe it's actually the one who requires the absolute most to level up at low levels.

No shinies.

There are ways to increase the base chance of recruiting pokemon. The team leader's level, for example, starts giving a bonus after level 30 and has that bonus increase every 10 levels until level 100 when you're at +24% to recruitment chance. There's also an item called the Friend Bow which increases the recruitment chance by 10% as well.

Fly's actually in Wyvern Hill, not Solar Cave.

If you hit the enemy with a move, regardless of whether or not you knock them out with a standard attack afterwards, you'll get the bonus exp.
So when I have 413 Pokemon, even if they're not all unique, I just won't be able to recruit anymore?

Good to know I wasn't tripping about the Spheal. I can literally clear the 10 dungeons with it and it still won't level up lol.

How exactly do I get access to Wyvern Hill again?

Thanks for your partial reply. For the rest I'll patiently wait for Altissimo to reply.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
So when I have 413 Pokemon, even if they're not all unique, I just won't be able to recruit anymore?

Good to know I wasn't tripping about the Spheal. I can literally clear the 10 dungeons with it and it still won't level up lol.

How exactly do I get access to Wyvern Hill again?

Thanks for your partial reply. For the rest I'll patiently wait for Altissimo to reply.
It's related to Friend Areas actually - you might have noticed that Friend Areas have a finite number of slots for Pokemon, and if they're full then you can't recruit more Pokemon who need space in that Friend Area.

Wyvern Hill is unlocked when you get the Dragon Cave Friend Area which is unlocked via a random mission. If you don't want to wait until you get the mission naturally a code that should work is in the hide tag below.

P?29 72T? 4R68
F7?5 64S0 P??W

Is there a list anywhere of the recruitment % of all Pokemon in the game?
https://www.supercheats.com/nintend...ysterydungeonbluerescueteam-walkthrough06.txt There's this, which based on a quick glance looks like it has the right numbers.

There is no way to change your team/Pokemon name. Correct?
Correct as far as I am aware. You are given an option to name Shedinja once you get it, but that's it.

Is there a way to expand your bag beyond 20 items?
As far as I am aware, no.

What is hitting/missing a move based on in this game?
This I don't actually know. Moves have different accuracy than in the main games but I don't know how they actually function.

How the heck does status, especially sleep, work in this game? It looked like I was asleep for 10+ turns just now.
Sleep lasts much longer. I'd say somewhere between 3-10 turns based on personal experience but I don't know for sure. Paralysis always lasts two turns, I think.

What is the power of moves based on? It nowhere says anything about power in the move description.
This I don't know either. In PMD2 you can view the power of a move shown as a number of stars, as well as "hit ratio" which I assume is accuracy. I don't know if you can in PMD1. Try selecting a move and if there's a more information option, look at it, and that might help.

What are the odds of encountering a monster house and is there any way to trigger it?
Depends on the dungeon and the floor: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gba/929408-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-red-rescue-team/faqs/40256 this guide includes chances for all dungeons and floors.

How exactly does 'move linking' work? Does it give any benefits?
Both attacks are used on the same turn instead of individually. If either move reaches a PP of 0, they become unlinked. Using a linked move gives you 1.5x the experience you'd get from using a regular move, but iirc decreases Belly faster. This is based on what little I remember from my old strategy guide, I never used linked moves personally.

Do you have more chance of recruiting a Pokemon if you use an actual move rather than your standard attack?
Lol there's a part of me that still wonders that, but I'm pretty sure it's not true.

Can I even recruit 2nd stage Pokemon at all? It seems to never happen.
Yes, but you need to be at least level 90 or at least level 50 with the Friend Bow.

What different ranks for my rescue team are there, and does it give me any rewards when my rank goes up?
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Ranks/Rescue_Points I don't think you get rewards, though, except Lucario Rank gets you a statue to put outside your base.

When you die in a dungeon, you lose money and items. How much/many exactly do you lose and what is it based on?
I think it's all of your money in Blue and I think, I think with the items it's that each item individually has a 50% chance of disappearing. Either that or it just wipes out half your inventory, but it's pretty random from my experience.

More specifically, using a move (or having them use a move that affects themselves, like Agility or Grudge) during a fight with a Pokémon will give you 1x the experience. Not using a move gives you 0.5x, and like I said before using linked moves gives you 1.5x.

You defeat a Pidgey with 1 member in your party and get 50 EXP. You defeat that same Pidgey with 4 team members. Do they all get 50 EXP each, or will it be divided?
Equal for all team members, I tested this once and pretty sure that was the result.

No matter how many times I reset in front of the Weather Institute in Emerald, the scientist always says there have been reports of a drought (the routes do change as I SR). I'm looking for the heavy rainfall so I can RNG Kyogre. Why does the weather never change between sun and rain despite the routes for the sun changing? If it matters, I believe he cited rainfall some months back, and while I did visit Marine Cove at the time, I did not end up catching Kyogre. I'm also 99% sure that I've SR'd for the weather event of my choice in a different Emerald game.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Will a Dream Radar Tornadus traded to White unlock Landorus or do I need a Tornadus from Pokemon Black?
You won't be able to trade Dream Radar Tornadus to regular White because the game wouldn't recognize the Therian forms. Changing them to Incarnate form would require catching Landorus first, so it becomes unnecessary if you were to try to transform them beforehand.

Hey guys.
I am playing MD Explorers of Sky and i have a question. I am using Purugly to check how many items are on the dungeon floors and most of the time it says something like: there are 11 items on the floor. However, i can only find about 5. Where is the rest?
Do i have to use a Ghost mon to walk through walls?

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Hey guys.
I am playing MD Explorers of Sky and i have a question. I am using Purugly to check how many items are on the dungeon floors and most of the time it says something like: there are 11 items on the floor. However, i can only find about 5. Where is the rest?
Do i have to use a Ghost mon to walk through walls?
Yeah, Acute Sniffer will get both the normal ground items as well as buried items. To get them you'll need to either Ghost type (or Mobile Scarf) into the walls, or break them down with a One-Room Orb, Rock Smash, or with Absolute Mover (only on Palkia).

Yeah, Acute Sniffer will get both the normal ground items as well as buried items. To get them you'll need to either Ghost type (or Mobile Scarf) into the walls, or break them down with a One-Room Orb, Rock Smash, or with Absolute Mover (only on Palkia).
Thanks for the answer!

If I catch a pokemon with Pokerus, should i keep it on my team or nah?
Really depends what you’re doing, if it’s just a casual run it probably doesn’t matter since presumably you’re not paying attention to EVs anyway. It just means its stats will grow faster but assuming you’re sending it out as needed for type matchups and not based on what EVs the opponent gives, they’re gonna be kind of random.

Really depends what you’re doing, if it’s just a casual run it probably doesn’t matter since presumably you’re not paying attention to EVs anyway. It just means its stats will grow faster but assuming you’re sending it out as needed for type matchups and not based on what EVs the opponent gives, they’re gonna be kind of random.
aight, ty

At least keep one in the box. Either box it or have it infect some filler mon you are not going to use, then box that Pokemon.

But PokeRus is too rare without Wonder Trades to waste it.
I caught it wild in Oreburgh Gate early game, does that mean i need to catch a different zubat to have a crobat on my team?

once you infect another pokemon, you can put it in the box.
The "timer" for Pokerus days ticks only at ingame midnight and will not "tick" if the Pokemon is in the box, so you can safely store a different infected mon for future use.

once you infect another pokemon, you can put it in the box.
The "timer" for Pokerus days ticks only at ingame midnight and will not "tick" if the Pokemon is in the box, so you can safely store a different infected mon for future use.
So you can only spread it to 1 mon?

No, it can spread onto as many as you want, but one is enough to keep it until you need it again.
Yes, anytime you need to spread it to more mons, you take off the infected mon from the PC, kill some wild pokemon until it infects your party, then put it back to the PC before ingame midnight.

Simple as that.

Since I have played the mainline games already, I am asking here whether there are romhacks that are worth the time to play? As in it is fun to play instead of some trainwreck like Uranium and Reborn. (I have played Fire Red Omega and Volt White which are pretty decent).

In Explorers of Sky, is it possible to keep increasing the stats of a lv100 mon with Gummies?
Or is there a limit?
From what I gather, the limits from the previous games (i.e. 999 in HP, 255 in all other stats) still apply, so theoretically you could keep going until you reach those, even if a Pokemon is Lv.100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)