Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Does Pokemon Amie make traded Pokemon obey you? I'm considering a Pokemon X "Disobedient Ingame Trade Solo Challenge", and I want to know whether or not Pokemon Amie will mess with that.

Does Pokemon Amie make traded Pokemon obey you? I'm considering a Pokemon X "Disobedient Ingame Trade Solo Challenge", and I want to know whether or not Pokemon Amie will mess with that.
Badges are what make traded Pokemon obey. Pokemon Amie has no effect. You could have a Pokemon extremely affectionate towards you and still not listen to a thing you tell it to do. (note: The Bug Badge from Viola in Santalune City will make traded Pokemon up to level 30 obey. Each badge after that bumps the cap up ten levels)

Unfortunately, no.
Bummer.

Is there any way I can win Master Rank contest with those stats? (Didn´t know about the shop in Veilstone in Platinum.) And sorry for the crappy image, it was taken in a rush by phone. It doesn´t show it, but Chansey is full.

Bummer.

Is there any way I can win Master Rank contest with those stats? (Didn´t know about the shop in Veilstone in Platinum.) And sorry for the crappy image, it was taken in a rush by phone. It doesn´t show it, but Chansey is full.
View attachment 163830
I haven't done the Platinum contests in a long time but, i think is possible. Just make sure you give it the Scarfs and perform well in the Dress Up and Dance acts. Good luck

Last edited:
I don't know if this was ever answered before, but...

Does one need to have received the Time Travel Celebi wonder card in HG/SS to trigger the time travel event in the game? Or would just having that Celebi in the party when visiting the Ilex Forest shrine trigger the event? I received the event during its distribution back in the day and plan to trade the Celebi to my Diamond or Platinum game along with a few other Pokemon before starting a new Soul Silver save file and was curious if I could still access the event after.

Does one need to have received the Time Travel Celebi wonder card in HG/SS to trigger the time travel event in the game? Or would just having that Celebi in the party when visiting the Ilex Forest shrine trigger the event? I received the event during its distribution back in the day and plan to trade the Celebi to my Diamond or Platinum game along with a few other Pokemon before starting a new Soul Silver save file and was curious if I could still access the event after.
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure just owning the Celebi is sufficient.

Very oblique question, but does anyone know of a mirror to the Chinese version(s) of the 2016 Pokemon Direct? I recall they're the only videos to feature Ishihara speaking Chinese, but the Pokemon and Nintendo Youtube channels routinely delete old videos.

Thank you so much!

The most interesting part has to be where he discusses the different unofficial translations for the word "Pokemon" in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and then talks about how they incorporated parts of both names into the official translation while still making it sound like "Pokemon".

I actually got one in a trade and it triggers the event, so you definitely don't need to get it off of wonder card.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I have two questions that determine if two games are possible with Status Moves Only.

Is it possible to skip making a movie in Pokestar studios in Black 2/White 2 or does the game force you to make one before continuing the game. (The Riolu you're forced to use doesn't know any status moves. I'm pretty sure the answer is no because speed runners make a movie in their speed runs.)

In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald the game makes you redo the first rival battle until you win. Is this still true in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire or can you continue the game after losing? (There's no cocoon Pokemon and you don't get Pokeballs until after challenging her.)

Edit: RIP Dreams of using Eviolite Shroomish. :(

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I have two questions that determine if two games are possible with Status Moves Only.

Is it possible to skip making a movie in Pokestar studios in Black 2/White 2 or does the game force you to make one before continuing the game. (The Riolu you're forced to use doesn't know any status moves. I'm pretty sure the answer is no because speed runners make a movie in their speed runs.)

In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald the game makes you redo the first rival battle until you win. Is this still true in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire or can you continue the game after losing? (There's no cocoon Pokemon and you don't get Pokeballs until after challenging her.)
1. No, it's not. Even with Action Replay (such as walk through wall), it's not possible since the game will likely crash.

2. I cannot guarantee this nor confirm it, but I know that HGSS, BW, BW2, and USUM to my knowledge do not make you restart the battle and you simply advance on, so I assume you just continue as if you won, just no experience or money.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

1. No, it's not. Even with Action Replay (such as walk through wall), it's not possible since the game will likely crash.

2. I cannot guarantee this nor confirm it, but I know that HGSS, BW, BW2, and USUM to my knowledge do not make you restart the battle and you simply advance on, so I assume you just continue as if you won, just no experience or money.
Actually no, the first rival battle in ORAS cannot be skipped via loss, you must beat it.

Edit: RIP Dreams of using Eviolite Shroomish. :(
You have to make that movie. I'm not sure if you have to achieve the good ending or not, however.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Since this seems to be the most relevant Q & A forum I can find here so far, and because I plan on getting active again, would it be okay if I posed a few miscellaneous Pokemon related questions here? I just need answers to...uh, refresh my brain, if you will. Haven't been here in over 2 months, if I can recall. Sorry for bothering you and thanks in advance.

1. There are all kind of ideas I have for various forums here, many of which result from me being a 100% casual only Pokémon player. (Minus Pokémon Showdown lol) Who or what could I contact to tell my ideas, because if I remember, making your own discussion forums has rules, and I wanna be a rule follower. I know, this a weird question.

2. If I wanted to get more involved/more active in this little community of yours, or just fit in in general (yes that is proper grammar), how would you recommend doing that? I ask because OI seems to be one of the few groups of people that would share my enthusiasm for casual Pokémon playing.

3. This is sort of related to #1 but not exactly. Many of the discussion topics I've had an interest in all have forums here already, but most of them are in what I'd like to call dead forums. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there's any rules on starting up a new discussion for something that already has a discussion going, but still isn't active.

Does anyone know the lowest possible level a Pokemon can have max Stat Exp at in gen 2, without using any kind of glitches?

Or if not, is it at least possible for any Pokemon to have maximum Stat Exp by level 20 (say by grinding out Rattatas or something with Exp Share)?

I can do the math for this if I need to but maybe someone has already checked.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Does anyone know the lowest possible level a Pokemon can have max Stat Exp at in gen 2, without using any kind of glitches?

Or if not, is it at least possible for any Pokemon to have maximum Stat Exp by level 20 (say by grinding out Rattatas or something with Exp Share)?

I can do the math for this if I need to but maybe someone has already checked.
Call me a noob but what is stat experience again? I forget lol

2. If I wanted to get more involved/more active in this little community of yours, or just fit in in general (yes that is proper grammar), how would you recommend doing that? I ask because OI seems to be one of the few groups of people that would share my enthusiasm for casual Pokémon playing.
Here's a tip. You seem to be a little self conscious about your place in the community as a new member or an infrequent poster or whatever. Tip is - nobody cares if you are or aren't. If you have something to add to a discussion, go ahead and do it, and don't apologize for being new or whatever! No one looks at posters and goes "oh, it's That New Guy, of course he'd make a dumb post like that" or whatever. You draw more attention to yourself by pointing out your status, by apologizing for posts, etc than you do by just... posting. If people want to read it, they will, and if they decide not to for whatever reason - that's on them. You're not taking up time or resources or anything by making a post, so just go ahead and do it! (As long as what you're posting is relevant that is lol.) You'll fit in best by just talking like you've been here all your life.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Here's a tip. You seem to be a little self conscious about your place in the community as a new member or an infrequent poster or whatever. Tip is - nobody cares if you are or aren't. If you have something to add to a discussion, go ahead and do it, and don't apologize for being new or whatever! No one looks at posters and goes "oh, it's That New Guy, of course he'd make a dumb post like that" or whatever. You draw more attention to yourself by pointing out your status, by apologizing for posts, etc than you do by just... posting. If people want to read it, they will, and if they decide not to for whatever reason - that's on them. You're not taking up time or resources or anything by making a post, so just go ahead and do it! (As long as what you're posting is relevant that is lol.) You'll fit in best by just talking like you've been here all your life.
You'd be right about all of that. See, I just wish more people shared my enthusiasm with stuff. It is possible that no one sees my posts and that gets me discouraged. Maybe I just need to stop being hard on myself about all this. I won't know until I try. Problem with that is I can't try until I get answers to the other two questions lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)