Other ORAS OU Sample Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I like the teams you posted.
I'm gonna suggest a few changes and ask some questions :
Team 1: Kind of Keldeo weak. Passho Berry Volcarona looks like a great option to lure it. I'd change the evs to 184 speed timid to not get outsped by Lando-T but that is just a matter of preference. Also isn't Hippo outclassed in its role by Sand Force Lando-I (which in itself is worse than sheer force variants) ?

Team 2: Is Salac Berry an option on Terrak ? What do Leftovers accomplish in terms of longevity ?
Is CroBro effective on this team ? I've always found it to be a subpar set, can you explain how the team deals with checks/mons that usually pressure it ?
1st question: I usually take care of it with starmie but pasho seems like an option to set up on random fat waters that check it was also thinking of lum to set up on thun or some shit preference like you said. Speed is in your control but their are 2 solid counters to it and yes lol hippo is out classed by lando i but having recovery and nice natural bulk lets me widdle team compared to lando I honestly think lando is the better mon but Im just having fun with hippo.
2nd question: Salac is viable but i feel like its useless life orb is better imo, lefties let you regain hp behind a sub most of the time mainly was a filler item. Crobro is hella effective with glis+rachi i have an easier time dealing with its main checks. Mons like bulky waters mainly rotom gliscor beats it 1v1 depending on crits and also taunt is left their as an option to deal with suicune. Lati beats mega venu and zard y. Rachi deals with its main checks lati,sceptile,venusaur,and thundurus. Hope this answered what you needed idk what else to say but pm if you have anything else to say i dont want the mods working hard.

Throwback Sand

Feeling nostalgic and wanting to spice things up a bit, I built an OG throwback sand team that turned out to be really fun. It utilizes some uncommon stuff to OR/AS like Specs Latios and Seismitoad. Usually, Rotom-W would be in Toad's spot but I wanted a super-check to Thundurus and a water immunity cuz sand team. Toad blocks Rotom-Wash's Volt Switch and wears it down with Toxic. Oh and did I mention it walls Rotom-W, a huge issue to Sand? It also gets up rocks. A true teamplayer, that one.

For Specs Lati, I went full gen 5 and gave it Sleep Talk for those looms and HP Fire cuz Ferro is a pain in the ass. Scarf Lando-T is chillin' in the back to revenge kill some threats to the team and pivot in on opposing Excadrills. SubCM Keldeo is the team's stallbreaker and second win con after Excadrill, the king. Nothing much to say; it's really standard n' fun Sand with Seismitoad: Exca rekts offense; Keldeo, Stall. TTar's set and EVs are customizable; the only thing it needs is Pursuit, really. Hope ya'll like this team. :]

Scizor (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Back Then (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Cocaine (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Str8 Hood (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Throwback (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Sleep Talk

WeakAcid+Base (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Sand is actually pretty amazing right now ; and it's starting to make quite a comeback, especially in high-level tour play.

Throwback Sand

Feeling nostalgic and wanting to spice things up a bit, I built an OG throwback sand team that turned out to be really fun. It utilizes some uncommon stuff to OR/AS like Specs Latios and Seismitoad. Usually, Rotom-W would be in Toad's spot but I wanted a super-check to Thundurus and a water immunity cuz sand team. Toad blocks Rotom-Wash's Volt Switch and wears it down with Toxic. Oh and did I mention it walls Rotom-W, a huge issue to Sand? It also gets up rocks. A true teamplayer, that one.

For Specs Lati, I went full gen 5 and gave it Sleep Talk for those looms and HP Fire cuz Ferro is a pain in the ass. Scarf Lando-T is chillin' in the back to revenge kill some threats to the team and pivot in on opposing Excadrills. SubCM Keldeo is the team's stallbreaker and second win con after Excadrill, the king. Nothing much to say; it's really standard n' fun Sand with Seismitoad: Exca rekts offense; Keldeo, Stall. TTar's set and EVs are customizable; the only thing it needs is Pursuit, really. Hope ya'll like this team. :]

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Sleep Talk

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Sand is actually pretty amazing right now ; and it's starting to make quite a comeback, especially in high-level tour play.

Throwback Sand

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Sleep Talk

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Just a quick question, but would Mega Latios be a better option for this team, since your team has no mega?

I guess so, as being able to switch it's moves does not really matter to choice specs Latios...
But being able to beat heatran and extra bulk are both valid reasons to use mega Latios of Latios.
Life Orb Latios hits harder than Mega Latios. I'm gonna assume that's what firehusky meant.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 277-328 (81.2 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 247-292 (72.4 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But if you don't already have a mega the lack of Life Orb recoil and the extra bulk might be worth doing a bit less damage.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Since keldeo's main role is breaking stallish teams and you do lack a mega, why not use a stallbreaking mega like mega gardevoir instead? Mega Garde has a great matchup against most stall teams atm, and the only counter they are really carrying is jirachi which is Pursuit trapped by TTar.

Fear of Chocolate:

Inb4 Fuck off, Twist, you have no idea what you're doing. This team is pretty simple, it's a relatively standard balanced team, based off the very tight-knit core of Megazard X, Azu and Ferrothorn which together forms both a F/W/G and F/D/S core, it's a pretty solid triad to begin with. Zard X is ideally the late-game sweeper who can set up and clean up when threats are removed and fat-fuck walls are significantly broken down. Azu is there to help with the removing of threats and the slimming of fat-fucks, offering priority and raw power in a Banded set, she can cripple walls and annoying buggers like Lando and Heatran to a decent extent. Ferrothorn is there as the first defensive mon of the team to offer a bit more of a sturdy backbone to fall back on, he serves as the hazard setter and runs the standard 'fuck Mega Gardevoir' set to aid with that. Given that my core is fully physically offensive, I needed three special attackers to complete my team and round it off evenly; the first such mon being Rotom-W, he serves as the physical wall and defensive pivot of the team, being a further answer to Lando since Intimidate and lack of speed hold Azu back from being the best fixer for that thing, Rotom can cause him a bit more grief, Rotom also has superb defensive synergy with Ferro in both typing and function serving as a physical wall to Ferro's specially defensive prowess. Latios clears hazards and nixes walls with powerful Draco nukes as well as provides support for some bulky Waters with Thunderbolt to further aid Charizard's sweeping potential. Lastly, Doge Man, the Landorus is the team's Scarfer, being a potent revenger and remover of Heatrans as well as still hitting very hard in general. The team name is after my Megazard X called Chocolate, it's 3AM it's the best name I had. I've been dicking around with more hyper offensive styles as of late so I have no replays, but it's not a complete shit team.
Chocolate (Charizard-Mega-X) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Last edited:
For your Zard X set, would you consider running Jolly to outspeed scarf lando-t?
Considering how common it is atm, I'd say it's probably worth it.

Also, give Latios 29 HP IVs so it takes less damage from life orb.

Scotti

we back.
Can't go wrong

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute

This team is based around multiple cores functioning together. Scarf tar + keldeo, and subcm keldeo + mega metagross. Scarf tar has pursuit which allows it to get rid of keldeo's counters that are psychic types. Subcm keldeo gets rid of all the bulky waters that mega metagross cannot get rid of by itself with grass knot. While grass knot on mega metagross, allows mega metagross to get rid of the few bulky waters that defeat subcm keldeo. Lando-t is there to take hits from important threats like zard x, terrakion, and other physical attackers. While clefable takes on mega lopunny, mega sableye, and dragon types. Latios is there to round out the team, by taking on threats such as zard y, keldeo, and luring mons with hp fire. It also has defog to support the team as a whole. Just a standard team that is great for newer players that are looking to join the ou metagame.

For your Zard X set, would you consider running Jolly to outspeed scarf lando-t?
Considering how common it is atm, I'd say it's probably worth it.

Also, give Latios 29 HP IVs so it takes less damage from life orb.
Jolly zard is cool, but idk if it's needed for this team. If you dd to +1, landorus-t is almost forced to eq, and he has 3 ground immunities and a ferrothorn.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Mega Venusaur Balance

Offenisve Mega Venusaur is a very underrated and unprepared for. With its great natural bulk it avoids 2HKO's from lopunny, can beat Diancie, and beats Mega Altaria while being a decent fairy check (fuck u mega gardevoir). Heatran and Keldeo finish a F/W/G core, with Keldeo being SubCM to be stall and SpDef Heatran being the rocker, and taking flying and psychic attacks Mega Venusaur is weak to. Nasty Plot Thundurus can play role of cleaner, bird check, CM MegaBro check and just an annoying mon by spamming twave. Mandibuzz is a defensive utility that punishes phsyical attackers with foul play, defogs, and somewhat checks Mega Metagross. Scarf Lando is just a great mon and synergizes well with the team. It can provide safe switches to either Keldeo, Venusaur or Thundurus and start destroying shit and revenge kills the new and faster megas. This team tries to wear down opponents with scald and lava plume burns, sludge bomb poisons, and then finish the weakened team. This team uses its interesting defensive core of Mandibuzz and Heatran which also controls hazards while maintaining lots of offensive pressure.
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Nasty Plot

Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Standard Offense Alpha Squadron Zero

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

This team is very straight forward and basically plays itself. SD Talon + CM Keld are 2 dangerous setup sweepers that work together pretty well. Mega Man + Scarf Lando-T forms the Intimidate VoltTurn core keeping physical attackers checked. SR Clef to set hazards and to act as general glue. Latios for offensive hazard removal. Its important that Keldeo remain has healthy as possible so the team can deal with Bisharp although Talonflame can also deal with it. Super super standard team, hence the name. Enjoy! (or take it apart)

Last edited:
Standard Offense Alpha Squadron Zero

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

This team is very straight forward and basically plays itself. SD Talon + CM Keld are 2 dangerous setup sweepers that work together pretty well. Mega Man + Scarf Lando-T forms the Intimidate VoltTurn core keeping physical attackers checked. SR Clef to set hazards and to act as general glue. Latios for offensive hazard removal. Its important that Keldeo remain has healthy as possible so the team can deal with Bisharp although Talonflame can also deal with it. Super super standard team, hence the name. Enjoy! (or take it apart)
Uh, interesting team, but you might want some EV's on Keldeo :]

Last edited:

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Why not CM on Clef? Ferrothorn and scizor aren't exactly too big of threats. U have intimidate volt turn for scizor and flame, manectric, and keldeo for ferro

Uh, interesting team, but you might want some EV's on Keldeo :]
Oh shit, thanks for the spot. I swear I put EVs on it. Exporting it may have gotten rid of them, but its fixed now. Also, Leremyju, you p much answered your own question. Scizor and Ferrothorn aren't threats to my team and all other mons that Clef checks, it checks without needing CM. But keep the feedback coming :]

I guess so, as being able to switch it's moves does not really matter to choice specs Latios...
But being able to beat heatran and extra bulk are both valid reasons to use mega Latios of Latios.
I went for Specs Latios cuz throwback, really. Hehe. Every member of the team beats Heatran bar Ttar and of course lati, which is why I'm pretty content with specs os. Tho, mega is def a viable option. It's a quick n' ez switch for those wanting a mega on the team :]

Edit: You wanna fuck Heatran up real good? Run EQ on everything (Keldeo beats tran anyways) and make Latios Mega. That'll show him >:D

Last edited:
Proto Gunslinger 5.0:

This is, if I recall correctly, the 5th version of my hyper offensive team working with this concept. I'm sharing this one because it's been one of the most successful alongside the final version. It operates on the principal of raking together a bunch of mons that can handle a significant portion of the relevant threats in the OU metagame and tying them together with a Volt-Turn core allowing me to bring my bullets in more reliably and generally keep momentum. The Volt-Turn core is composed of Lando and Raikou offering both a fast and slowish Volt-Turn as applicable, they have good synergy together and collectively check birdspam and Megagross to an acceptable extent. Scizor is the main source of priority and an SD sweeper, being able to pick off threats and break through teams when necessary; he primarily checks Fairies. Keldeo is the Scarfer, being a good revenger and keeping up with the Speed Creep nicely, she can do in various other Scarfers like Lando, Heatran, Terrakion, Garchomp, etc, as well as check stuff like Mega Diancie, Bisharp, Mega Scept, Mega Lop and the like. Latios is Defog support when necessary, hazard stacking can wear this team down due to the constant switching and as such it's always good to have a remover when things get bad; outside of that he can cripple walls with powerful Draco-nukes, handle Mega Venu, Keldeo, and whatnot, as well as bait Bisharp and T-Tar in and hurt them significantly. Lastly, Specs Sylveon offers ridiculously hard-hitting support, that can hit pretty much anything that doesn't resist for noteworthy damage often guaranteeing at least one or two kills each game if played right. Pretty simple team, hit hard and hit fast.
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Shadow Ball

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Soft Sand
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Hyper Offense team that Ive been using for a while to pretty good success (RMT link here). The team is built around the KeldeGross core, with the underlying strategy being paving way for a Bisharp sweep. Thats not to say that Bisharp is the only thing that can sweep. Keldeo, Metagross, Raikou, and even Garchomp are capable of ending the game based on how the match goes. Metagross is the primary wallbreaker that punches holes into opposing teams with his powerful attacks, and has BP to revenge things and not worry about speed ties. Scarf Keldeo is a blanket check to a lot of the bulky grounds that wall gross, while also taking on Bisharp. Great anti lead against Scarf Lando too =]. Garchomp is the main lead that sets up rocks and beats Sab 1v1 thanks to SD Lum Berry, and also breaks down walls early game after an SD, as it can set up on a lot of the bulky waters that would otherwise be trouble because of scald. Still, they were problematic, so Raikou was added to help with those and check birds. AV to also check gengar and Thundy. Gengar is to help with stall and act as my balance breaker with its great 3 move coverage and Taunt. Lastly, SD Bisharp rounds out the team by acting as a good wincon or wallbreaker, which depends on the team. Its usually the former because Keldeo has a really bad matchup against this team.

The team ahs its weaknesses, but I feel its a good showcase of Hyper Offense in the current meta that portrays some somewhat underrated mons in SD Lum Chomp and Gengar. Probably didnt do a very good job of explaining it, so apologies for that. Its better explained in the RMT that I linked above.

Scotti

we back.
Simple & Effective

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon
- Magma Storm

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Frustration

The Goal of this team is to obviously sweep with Mega Altaria, by getting rid of its counters. I run a 1 attack ddacne Altaria, because it has a better match up vs stall. Because Mega Alt has one attack Magnezone is necessary to get rid of steels that wall Mega Alt. Specs can be used over Scarf, but I find scarf better because it allows you to revenge kill more threats. I also find double scarf really effective because it allows me to check faster threats like Mega Metagross, Tornadus-T, and Lati twins. I really like Sub Calm Mind Keldeo because it sets up on a lot of bulky waters, and works well with Mega Alt and Heatran because they can get rid of rotom-w. Mega Alt also sets up on water types that can take on Sub Calm Mind Keldeo. Rotom-W, Lando-T, and Magnezone make a great Volt-Turn core and it helps get Mega Alt and Keldeo in easier. Heatran is used to take on Clefable, who is a huge threat to this team, because if it gets a Calm Mind up then I lose unless I can taunt it with Heatran. If Heatran some how dies and CM Clefable is still alive, then don't let it get a Calm Mind up by pressuring it with Magnezone, because if you do you lose :3

Clefable, Azumarill, Mega Gardevoir, and opposing Mega Altaria's are huge threats, because they can break through this team in a lot of ways. Clefable pretty much wins if it is CM + Focus Blast or Hp Ground or if Heatran dies. Azumarill can win, because it can break through rotom-w with banded play round, but you can kinda check it with Magnezone and Rotom-W. Mega Gardevoir can 1 shot almost everything, but heatran kinda checks it and Magnezone and Landorus-T can revenge kill it. Magnezone can also switch in on anything, but focus blast. Mega Alt is the hardest one to defeat, because if rotom-w doesnt burn it I die, however Lando-T can take a Return after a Dragon Dance and can 2hko with quake. Flash Cannon Heatran can be used to kinda check Mega Alt, but if you lose Air Balloon and it has quake you are screwed.

Raikou+Diggersby Balanced:

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Return

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball / Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

So iam here to show a balanced team with Raikou and Diggersby. The main wining condition for this team is Diggersby, so i build around him, i added Raikou to presure bulky water types and skarmory the set is standard but i use leftovers because recovery its good and he is strong on he's on, then i added Ferrothorn because i saw that the team was weak to Mamoswine, i use thunder-wave because i want to criple fast things for diggersby, spikes is hazard. Then i added Ferrothorn because Clefable its anoying stealth rocks for more hazard to help diggersby sweeping, then i saw that i didnt had a hazard controler on my side, the set is standard i choosed to go with earthquake to lure heatrans. Before finishing my team i saw that i was weak to tyranitar+Lando-I/T and Keldeo. So i added Choice Banded azumarill, it can 2HKO tyranitar with Aqua jet, HOKO Lando-I with Aqua jet, and HOKO Keldeo with Play Rough, and the speed is to outspeed other 50s.

Heracross+Manaphy~

Trying to bring this back so heres a team Ive using recently on PO and it has brought me success being a very offensive team featuring two very underrated wallbreakers at the moment. Cross+Manaphy perform as a very destructive core but one reason why I chose heracross was its natural bulk and that it gains access to skill link that breaks sashes for example breloom. Cross destroying steels and blobs for manaphy and with that gone manaphy has a fun time sweeping. Gliscor helps stallbreak to help cross and manaphy to win game. Thun helps me put mons like serperior in check and stuff like gyara. Tar as a way to trap latis that beat cross mainly birdspam and rocks. Finally latios is here to keep hazards off the field and a fwg check.
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Diancie+Volc+Keld

A very offensive core with these 3. They cover each other weaknesses really well with volc beating steels and keld checking bulky waters. Ferro checks rock polish diancie and keeping rocks+seeds for the team to gain recovery through the proccess. I would use scarf keld but I need land-t to check pinsir and also to relatively check zard x. Overall a successfull team that got me reqs.
Diancie @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Diamond Storm

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 12 SpA / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Giga Drain

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)