Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone checking for BST changes for older pokemon? Pikachu is rather consistently breaking the IV calculators.

As an example, here are lvl 30 Pikachu with no EVs fresh out of Friend Safari, but even the level 4 and 5 ones from Route 3 make the calculator tell me I'm lying.

calm
hp 62/4-6
atk 42/30-31
def 38/out of range
spatk 36/4-6
spdef 41/30-31
speed 66/24-26

naive
hp 64/10-13
atk 38/0-3
def 32/30-31
spatk 44/30-31
spdef 39/ out of range
speed 67/7-9
We just now know that Alakazam's BST was changed. That one was likely an accident. If what you're saying is true, then I think you should PM Toast with some photographic evidence of this.

Is there any benefit to doing the Super Secret Training after you've fully EV trained a pokemon? The game says it is now a "Supremely Trained Pokemon" instead of the normal "Fully Trained". For reference this was on a Level 4 Bidoof caught after I became champion.

Is there any benefit to doing the Super Secret Training after you've fully EV trained a pokemon? The game says it is now a "Supremely Trained Pokemon" instead of the normal "Fully Trained". For reference this was on a Level 4 Bidoof caught after I became champion.
You get the Evolution Stones if you finish it.

What moves can be tutored in XY?

So far I've found the two free ones that teach you elemental-Hyberbeams (Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon) and Combo moves (Fire Pledge, Water Pledge, Grass Pledge) to starters.

Is there a tutor like shard tutors from BW2?

You do know that males pass on their hidden ability now, at least to their own species, right? Got 4/5 speed boost torchics when breeding the event torchic with a ditto. Still 0/3 on litleos, though.
I'm a little foggy on breeding mechanics, but isn't the female side to one that determines species? Isn't it still impossible to get Ditto? In that case how are you breeding more Torchic?

I'm a little foggy on breeding mechanics, but isn't the female side to one that determines species? Isn't it still impossible to get Ditto? In that case how are you breeding more Torchic?
Females pass down species unless you're breeding with Ditto in which case Males/genderless pass down species
Ditto is readily available in-game in some post-7th-gym forest

Females pass down species unless you're breeding with Ditto in which case Males/genderless pass down species
Ditto is readily available in-game in some post-7th-gym forest
ah okay thanks. That will be good to know when I start breeding/ training a competitive team.

Where do you get the reset bag?

Last edited:
You can get it and the other special bags via either tapping the normal bag on the super training screen or (from what I've been told) by beating super training mini-games. It's rare either way, but you'll eventually get it.

ah okay thanks. That will be good to know when I start breeding/ training a competitive team.

Where do you get the reset bag?
Hit the bag a few times with an outmaxed (510 EVs) Pokémon. Don't select a bag, just hit the one that's always there. Your Pokémon will find bags after a few hits, after some time, you should get a reset bag, it's a random chance, but it doesn't take much longer than a few minutes.

Another thing, the Xerneas you face after you have beaten the first, the one that stands there and wants to help you - rebattle - does it come with the same IVs like the first one/everytime - or can I reset this one and skip the sequence?

Another thing, the Xerneas you face after you have beaten the first, the one that stands there and wants to help you - rebattle - does it come with the same IVs like the first one/everytime - or can I reset this one and skip the sequence?
If anyone's interested, I checked this out myself. I had a Ralts (Sync, Modest) on slot 1 in my team and let it be killed by Xerneas. I then proceeded to kill the Xerneas and switched slot 1 to my Florges. I then caught the Xerneas.
I worked this procedure 10 times - and not one of the Xerneas was Modest, so I defined that the IVs change indeed on the 2nd encounter.
I now saved after killing it and resetted the 2nd encounter 3 times, it changes everytime, so you're free to kill it first, save then in front of it and skip the sequence and about 2 minutes of waiting at each reset.

Ok i heard about a reset bag in super training that completly resets IV's and EV's, is this true?And if so how do i obtain it

1) How much does Draco Plate, Splash Plate etc. boost in this gen?

2) What does the IV checker say if your IV is at max? Whats the best thing she can say about IVs in total?

3) is it favorable to Spend time catching a good Ditto for IV breeding, or to breed without sitto but with the power items? I'm currently catching a lot of Dittos, but I feel like I'm wasting time.

Will the overall critical hit chance be increased in competitive battling? If you wonder why I ask this, read ahead.

A while ago I finished maximizing the "Poke-Amie" stats of an Eevee in order to evolve it into a Sylveon. I notice that with maximized PokeAmie stats, you not only get boosted exp, but your own critical hit chance seems to increase. Now when I land a crit the in-game text says something like "Sylveon is so in sync with you that it landed a critical hit!" This leads me to beleive the critical hit chance is increased when you have maxed PokeAmi stats.

Because everything in competitive battling is idealized (Ideal IV:s and EV:s are assumed, ideal happiness is assumed, there is some mechanic with Chatot and chatter and some other things), it seems reasonable to assume that every pokemon used in competitive battles will have maxed PokeAmie stats.

Now, I haven't tried battling against another player, so I don't know if this applies to wifi-battles. If you know anything about this, please enlighten me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)