Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure exactly where to ask this, so figured id ask this here. But ya i just got X and im in the process of restarting to get all 3 starters in the beggining, so far i have Impish Chespin, Timid Fennekin, and ive been SRing to try and get a Hasty Froakie. I've been trying to find information on them and there base stats and abilities but the info is pretty sparse right now, so as far as you guys know (since everyone here seems to be super knowledgeable much more than me haha) are these the best natures for the starters? Any info/help would really be greatly appreciated ^_^

What does Geomancy do? I can't seem to find it in the Move Descriptions thread, but apparently it does something interesting according to the discussion in the Sticky Web thread.

What does Geomancy do? I can't seem to find it in the Move Descriptions thread, but apparently it does something interesting according to the discussion in the Sticky Web thread.
Geomancy takes a turn to power up (like Solarbeam) but then boosts Sp Atk, Sp Def and Speed all by 2x (sharply increases)

Does anyone know how hidden abilities work in friend safari? Do we both need to be online at the same time, or only bump heads once and hidden abilities will be possible to find? Haven't been able to find any pokemon with them yet.

^ I've just caught a boatload of Espurr with their hidden abilities and I'm not connected to Wi-Fi, but I've caught a Grumpig and Girafarig in the same go and they didn't have their hidden abilities. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that Kalos Pokemon get special treatment, but that's just my limited experience.

Where do you find power items like Power Bracer? I want to start breeding, but do I have to grind for BP and purchase them? If anyone's just found them ingame, that would be a big help.

nvm, wrong thread

1) What does the handicap setting for multiplayer matches actually do?
2) Is the "perfect IVs while wi-fi battling" rumour completly debunked?

Has anyone figured out the full list of phrases for the IV checker in Kiloude City? The best I've seen is "This Pokemon's stats are relatively superior". Can it get better?

Nvm, silly me it's the same as before

Is it possible to get another pokemon's hidden ability by breeding with a male of another species with its hidden ability (eg, breeding a female pyroar with a male speed boost torchic = moxie litleo)?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Water pulse, dark pulse, aura sphere, dragon pulse

That's all the information we have so far due to its poor distribution.

#255 Torchic [Adamant]
IVs: 10 - 18 / 22 - 25 / 20 - 28 / 10 - 14 / 0 - 8 / 20 - 26

What do you guys think? Is this acceptable?
You do know that males pass on their hidden ability now, at least to their own species, right? Got 4/5 speed boost torchics when breeding the event torchic with a ditto. Still 0/3 on litleos, though.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rare Candies?? I haven't seen a single one. Makes it hard to reset for a good Torchic =\
I've found only one so far. It was in that little playground area North of Lumiose City... just before Route 14(?). The route where it rains a lot and has the "Scary House." There was a meetup of all five characters there, and you have a battle with your rival IIRC. Yeah Rare Candy in that place. It's in a Pokeball, so you don't even have to break out the Dowsing Machine.

I've beaten seven gyms and taken care of Team Flare, and that's all I've gotten up to this point.

Has anyone found any vending machines?! There were so many scattered all around Unova, was one of my favourite little things about BW. Fresh Water and Lemonade are so much better than [expensive] potions.

Rare Candies?? I haven't seen a single one. Makes it hard to reset for a good Torchic =\
I am in Lumiose City (after restoring power) and I think you can either purchase them here or in Coumarine City. I think. Those are the only 2 towns I've visited since playing last and I remember seeing 'Rare Candy' for sale in the Pokecenter (talk to the specialty guy).

Where are the TMs for both Dark Pulse and Flamethrower? I used the Serebii guide, but I can't find either of them.

Is there any way to simply dispose of Xerneas and Yveltal and catch them later? If there is I'd like to know. Thanks.

-James

Where are the TMs for both Dark Pulse and Flamethrower? I used the Serebii guide, but I can't find either of them.
TM35 Flamethrower is given to you by the Hex Maniac in the Anistar City Pokemon Center during your times starting from 11AM to sometime after noon.
Dark Pulse I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry.

Edit: From the TM research thread:

TM Number: 97
Move Name: Dark Pulse
General Location: Route 15/16
Specific Location: You need Strength, Surf, Waterfall and Cut to reach this TM. Get onto Route 16 with Strength. Head down the route until you can head north. Pass through some ultra long grass and then cut down a tree. There should be a small gap in the fence you can get onto the river. Surf onto the river and them up the Waterfall. Follow this stream all the way round until the TM is on the left hand side.
Is there any way to simply dispose of Xerneas and Yveltal and catch them later? If there is I'd like to know. Thanks.

-James
Nope! If you KO them or run, you will show up in front of it in the overworld and the game will say "It looks like Xerneas wants to help you..." and not let you do anything else but initiate a fight again (in X version, anyway). I'm not quite sure what happens when he KOs your whole team.

As for rare candies, I've beaten the game and scoured pretty thoroughly most places. I have 7 total Rare Candies. You can purchase them in...Lumiose City? I think.

The obligatory 48 BP for 1 Rare Candy is still there for the Battle Maison.

Last edited:
TM35 Flamethrower is given to you by the Hex Maniac in the Anistar City Pokemon Center during your times starting from 11AM to sometime after noon.
Dark Pulse I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry.

Nope! If you KO them or run, you will show up in front of it in the overworld and the game will say "It looks like Xerneas wants to help you..." and not let you do anything else but initiate a fight again (in X version, anyway). I'm not quite sure what happens when he KOs your whole team.

As for rare candies, I've beaten the game and scoured pretty thoroughly most places. I have 7 total Rare Candies. You can purchase them in...Lumiose City? I think.
Yep, 500 Pokemiles for 1 Rare Candy at the Pokemon Center that you enter when you first enter Lumiose City.

Is anyone checking for BST changes for older pokemon? Pikachu is rather consistently breaking the IV calculators.

As an example, here are lvl 30 Pikachu with no EVs fresh out of Friend Safari, but even the level 4 and 5 ones from Route 3 make the calculator tell me I'm lying.

calm
hp 62/4-6
atk 42/30-31
def 38/out of range
spatk 36/4-6
spdef 41/30-31
speed 66/24-26

naive
hp 64/10-13
atk 38/0-3
def 32/30-31
spatk 44/30-31
spdef 39/ out of range
speed 67/7-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)