Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because people kept making stupid posts about them, mainly.

edit: But yeah also what the guy below me said.
florges is 1000% outclassed by Sylveon
Donphan is 100% outclassed by Excadrill (even defensively, av exca is possible)
Helioisk and Darmanitan because most everyone agreed on a rank except this one guy who kept bringing it up, again, again, and again.
Florges: Outclassed by Sylveon
Donphan: Outclassed by Excadrill (I still use Donphan though, it's a MONSTER aha)
Heliolisk and Darmanitan: This one is weird, they are both outclassed but some dude kept bringing them up even when discussion had ended.
Every blacklisted Pokemon is there because besides of not being good enough to get a rank, its mention sparks shitty discussions constantly. The conclusion reached list is for Pokemon that have reached their ideal ranking decisively. Mantine got there because it made the thread lose focus, as a lot of people were asking why it was ranked and similar stuff, derailing the thread from more important discussion points. Once the metagame settles down, you can expect to see more Pokemon in this list.
• Mantine is a very Pokemon in which some players don't see any worth. However, it's indisputable that it has a niche, and thus it is permanently D rank. Constantly people asked why it was ranked, so it derailed the thread.

• Florges is 99% outclassed by Clefable and Clefable, so when people try to rank it, discussion gets terrible. Thus it's blacklisted.

• Donphan isn't outclassed by anything, but it's a very mediocre mon with no completely defined niche, and is thus unranked. For some reason people insisted on ranking it, so it was blacklisted to avoid terrible discussion.

• Heliolisk likewise isn't 100% outclassed, but it isn't worth ranking. Someone insisted on it being ranked, so it was blacklisted to prevent him + others from being dumb.

• Darmanitan is 99% outclassed by Charizard-X, Victini, and Entei, and yet the same dude insisted on it being ranked, so it was blacklisted to prevent him + others from being dumb.

Ah. Thanks for the answers everyone. I'll have to keep this in mind for when I too get into discussion.

This may be a terrible question but whatever. If normal Gyarados can make Bounce work as a STAB, why is Fly not as good?
Bounce is only used for the necessary STAB coverage. If it had Aerial Ace, idk it'd probably use it instead. Bounce + Waterfall has nice coverage, and it's a rare occasion when a multi-turn attack is good. Most things w/ Fly have a better Flying STAB move (I'd even say HP Flying > Fly on Landorus-T), so they don't need it.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but how does becoming a mod here work? there's people that used to be mods a year ago that are no longer mods so I was wondering.

In gen 5, why was drizzleswim banned while chlorodrought wasn't
In addition to what Magcargo said, sun teams often compounded the weaknesses of its members, as sun increased the power of Fire-type moves that a lot of sun abusers are weak to. Most Chlorophyll mons weren't as threatening as Swift Swim mons and rain sorta just shit on every other type of weather. To top it off, Ninetales is a pretty terrible Pokemon outside of setting up sun, while Politoed could hit reasonably hard and provide decent support.

i asked an honest question and it got deleted si here i go again what pokemon does garchomp have problems with

Respect Gen 5, Garchomp runs less and less sets so its more easily to check. Anyway probably the most used Garchomp set's the Sword Dance SR lead with Sash in the current meta (with occasionally Fire Blast over SD), if it hasnt Fire Blast Skarmory is a rly good choice, it can just Defog away the SR and roost the outrage damages until Garchomp gets confused. If it has Fire Blast that means that Skarmory's no more a solid counter, but it means that Garchomp can't anymore break walls with Sword Dance so mons like bulky Landorus-T can do a well job at checking it. Another good pokèmon to check it is Unaware Clefable, which can tank rly well EQs and 2HKO with Moonblast. Unaware obv means that SD is useless against it. There are also many mons that can outspeed and revenge-kill Garchomp if it's locked by Outrage like Greninja (beats Yache Berry Chomp too because Ice Beam OHKOs regardess Yache Berry), Thundurus (watch of Yache Berry in this case, but it isnt rly common) and Lati Twins with their Draco Meteor, just to make some examples. However, in gen 6 Garchomp got a mega evolution which lets Garchomp increases a lot its sheer power and its bulkyness as well; it's way more dangerous for stall teams because of that, but it also has a worse statistics of speed (102 base => 92 base) so that means that more pokèmon can outspeed and revenge-kill it when it's already weakened. Hope I helped, feel free to make another question on the topic if you havent understood something or if you want to know more about something.

i faced a mega gyarados that i just could not touch even with my fastest pokemon such as mega alakazam with maxed speed iv and ev. 'sup with that? i think is used dragon dance twice as well

i faced a mega gyarados that i just could not touch even with my fastest pokemon such as mega alakazam with maxed speed iv and ev. 'sup with that? i think is used dragon dance twice as well

Dragon Dance raises speed. If it used it twice then it's speed stat doubles.

Is there any function difference between Aromatherapy and Heal Bell? It seems like most clerics (Chansey, Clefable, etc.) run Heal Bell in their recommended moveset instead of Aromatherapy, so I was wondering if there was a reason for that.

Is there any function difference between Aromatherapy and Heal Bell? It seems like most clerics (Chansey, Clefable, etc.) run Heal Bell in their recommended moveset instead of Aromatherapy, so I was wondering if there was a reason for that.

They do the same thing but Aromatherapy sometimes have illegal moveset issues.

No difference in function IIRC
edit: fuckin ninjas

Aside from what's already been said, although it rarely comes up, Heal Bell will not heal any of your mons that have soundproof iirc.

With the re-emergence of rain offence, I've been having trouble with Politoed + Swift Swim Kingdra lately. Does anyone know an effective way to play against it? Do I need Tyranitar?

Ferrothorn!

In addition to kabbes' suggestion of Ferrothorn, there's also Azumarill.

Thanks for the suggestions

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill in Rain: 214-252 (58.7 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 16 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill in Rain: 110-130 (31.8 - 37.6%) -- 92.3% chance to 3HKO

Seems like I need Assault Vest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back