Orugos's art thread- pretty hiatus-y for now sorry!

Cool, you're back! I like the Lucario and Empoleon. I know you said those orbs don't look like aura exactly, but they compliment the piece very well!

So I was thinking about doing a set of chinese zodiac themed images? But there's no tiger.... was thinking persian? idk, there are plenty of cats for sure.

So like
RAT: pichu, rattata
OX: tauros, buffalon
TIGER: persian ? raikou!
RABBIT: buneary
DRAGON: dratini
SNAKE: ekans, seviper
HORSE: ponyta
RAM: mareep
MONKEY: aipom, mankey
ROOSTER: torchic
DOG: growlithe
PIG: spoink, swinub

any other ideas? :3
I think this is the dumbest idea I've ever had

oh thats a great idea!

Okay so I drew up that guy's tattoo from a couple pages back, THEN realized that he was banned :( but here it is anyway.

edit: here's a meloetta for yilx; I know this is the fighting form and so she should be doing some badass acrobatics or something, but I liked the matching colors w/ perish song.

Holy shit, most amazing Empoleon ever! Could you make it into an avatar please?

I think a zodiac theme would be awesome. Raikou is much more tiger-like than Persian, so draw him. I would use Ambipom over Primeape because, well, Primeape's an ape, not a monkey. And I would go with Spoink over Swinub because it's so much cuter :D

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Guhaa!! I had no idea you had mine done already... now I feel I need to do yours quickly!!

I love it, she looks so cute yet so fierce at the same time... exactly the way I like Meloetta. Thanks so much!

looks like the fighting form is singing in 4/4, I think you should make the green one sing in like 6/8 with some tied eighth notes and dotted quarter notes :D (oh and ps, eithnotes dont have space inside, the only notes that have that are half and whole notes ;D )

add a trebble cleff in there some where!

and where might my noctowl be on the list now?

Since you are REQUESTING requests, I'd like you to finish that awesome Garchomp or make it outraging and destroying some Uber trash. xD

I really like the Zodiac idea? As for the Tiger, what about Arcanine?
IMO, Raikou is a golden Saber-Tooth....Tiger . Arcanine even bears the necessary Tiger-like color scheme and pattern. It seems we still come to the problem that they're both technically "dogs".

Since you're "requesting requests", may I request a Urugamosu using Flame Dance? I could imagine that looking amazing if it's like the rest of your art. Of course, once you're flood of requests clears up a bit.

I like the Zodiac idea and agree with ToastTyrant, Arcanine is a good option for a tiger despite the closer resemblence to a dog.

Also that Garchomp looks amazingly cool.

I don't see how Raikou is technically a dog. It looks like a sabre-toothed cat, which is, amazingly, a cat.
It's certainly closer to a tiger than a dog. Especially in shiny...

I don't see how Raikou is technically a dog. It looks like a sabre-toothed cat, which is, amazingly, a cat.
It's certainly closer to a tiger than a dog. Especially in shiny...
Well, they are reffered to as the "Legendary Dogs" or even "Legendary Gerbils". Point being, Saber Tooth Tiger=/=Tiger. Saber Tooth Tigers were moreso related to Lions than igers. I suppose the Shiny form is rather close to a Tiger though...

None of them are really dogs though. I personally call them the Legendary Beasts, as does Bulbapedia.
And who the fuck calls them Gerbils?

Also Lions and Tigers are pretty closely related anyway, Both in the Order Panthera.

The 3 dogs are based loosely on Chinese guardian lions; the only one that even remotely resembles that to me is Entei, but whatevs- but Chinese lions are also (mistakenly) known as foo dogs. Thats probs why people insist they're legendary dogs. I'm of neither opinion, because they're fictional creatures.

Also I didn't even think about Arcanine for tiger. That's a really good one too!

@Yilx: I kinda want to do a better one, I feel like I rushed it too much :( maybe someday soon

So I was thinking about doing a set of chinese zodiac themed images? But there's no tiger.... was thinking persian? idk, there are plenty of cats for sure.

So like
RAT: pichu, rattata
OX: tauros, buffalon
TIGER: persian ? raikou!
RABBIT: buneary
DRAGON: dratini
SNAKE: ekans, seviper
HORSE: ponyta
RAM: mareep
MONKEY: aipom, mankey
ROOSTER: torchic
DOG: growlithe
PIG: spoink, swinub

any other ideas? :3
I think this is the dumbest idea I've ever had
If you want to keep it cute(which judging by the majority of the picks you do) go with the new dark cat from gen 5 for tiger.

Love your art btw and eventually I may make a request :)

Oh yeah! I was thinking a little about keeping it cute, so I dunno why I thought a tiger would have to be big. There -are- like a billion cats. That's a good one. I'm thinking about other options to incorporate Gen 5; there are the snake and pig starters, and asdfghfdg

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Well, they are reffered to as the "Legendary Dogs" or even "Legendary Gerbils". Point being, Saber Tooth Tiger=/=Tiger. Saber Tooth Tigers were moreso related to Lions than igers. I suppose the Shiny form is rather close to a Tiger though...
Nintendo never said they were "Legendary Dogs". They're legendary beasts. The only one that closely resembles a dog, imo, is Suicune.

EDIT: Didn't read what Orugos wrote. That's what they're resembling.

Horse=/=Zebra

Tiger=/=Leopard

But Tepig (piggy fire starter) would be very good for pig, and Lillipup/Yorterrie definitely for dog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)