Orugos's art thread- pretty hiatus-y for now sorry!

So I was thinking about doing a set of chinese zodiac themed images? But there's no tiger.... was thinking persian? idk, there are plenty of cats for sure.

So like
RAT: pichu, rattata
OX: tauros, buffalon
TIGER: persian ? raikou!
RABBIT: buneary
DRAGON: dratini
SNAKE: ekans, seviper
HORSE: ponyta
RAM: mareep
MONKEY: aipom, mankey
ROOSTER: torchic
DOG: growlithe
PIG: spoink, swinub

any other ideas? :3
I think this is the dumbest idea I've ever had
for the monkey you can also use chimchar/monferno/infernape,since infernape is related to wu kong,a famous character of chinese literature.

and for the dragon i see good rayquaza.

for the monkey you can also use chimchar/monferno/infernape,since infernape is related to wu kong,a famous character of chinese literature.

and for the dragon i see good rayquaza.
Gotta agree with monkey = Infernape, but for dragon Rayquaza... Nah, Rayquaza's design is horrid. Dragonair would be much better, and Dragonite or Garchomp would be even better. :)

dragonair. since is the chinese horoscope,needs a serpentine dragon.
His ass is so serpentine

Additions bolded, subtractions slashed:

RAT: pichu, rattata, Raticate
TIGER: persian ? raikou! Arcanine ?
RABBIT: buneary Nidoran M/F
DRAGON: dratini, Rayqauza
HORSE: ponyta Rapidash
MONKEY: aipom mankey, Infernape
DOG: growlithe Houndour, Granbull, Mightyena
PIG: spoink, swinub, Grumpig

thanks for updating it for me :3
I dunno about nidoran though, they are my favorite ever but I always thought of them as more of a porcupine or wombat -ish rodent than a rabbit. I was also thinking about chillarmy but it is very much a chinchilla.

Rayquaza aint bad... I like that it is a large sized alternative. There's also gyarados.

I am worried that arcanine is a little confusing.

I DUNNO... HOW I FORGOT GRUMPIG, but yeah hes p much the pig
and Infernape is cool too
why is 1/4th of this idea very plausibly fire starters

His ass is so serpentine *snip*

Additions bolded, subtractions slashed:

RAT: pichu, rattata, Raticate
TIGER: persian ? raikou! Arcanine ?
RABBIT: buneary Nidoran M/F
DRAGON: dratini, Rayqauza
HORSE: ponyta Rapidash
MONKEY: aipom mankey, Infernape
DOG: growlithe Houndour, Granbull, Mightyena
PIG: spoink, swinub, Grumpig
His ass is also ugly as hell. Agreed with Raticate (as it's japanese name translates to... rat). Affrobull! YES! Arcanine is a dog. Raikou still beats it by similarity with a tiger. Lopunny instead of Buneary. Buneary looks pretty stupid. -.- Dragonite is a winner for dragon. For snake, why not Arbok? Rapidash indeed beats Ponyta. Infernape for monkey, Blaziken for rooster, Arcanine or Houndoom for dog, and Emboar for pig, please.

thanks for updating it for me :3
I dunno about nidoran though, they are my favorite ever but I always thought of them as more of a porcupine or wombat -ish rodent than a rabbit. I was also thinking about chillarmy but it is very much a chinchilla.

Rayquaza aint bad... I like that it is a large sized alternative. There's also gyarados.

I am worried that arcanine is a little confusing.

I DUNNO... HOW I FORGOT GRUMPIG, but yeah hes p much the pig
and Infernape is cool too
why is 1/4th of this idea very plausibly fire starters
For the love of God, I like Rayquaza and Gyarados like any monster loving maniac out there, but they are fugly designs. -_-'''

I think there are a lot of pokemon that seem to have shitty designs that can be easily proven wrong with good artists, as evidenced by this FUCKING KYUREM IMAGE I CANNOT FIND RIGHT NOW WILL EDIT IN LATER and I dont mean that oh its just a bad design that that artist made look good, I mean some images will make you realize that the design isnt that bad after all.

Also I like arbok, but cobras are kind of a particular species and not very chinese

I think there are a lot of pokemon that seem to have shitty designs that can be easily proven wrong with good artists, as evidenced by this FUCKING KYUREM IMAGE I CANNOT FIND RIGHT NOW WILL EDIT IN LATER and I dont mean that oh its just a bad design that that artist made look good, I mean some images will make you realize that the design isnt that bad after all.

Also I like arbok, but cobras are kind of a particular species and not very chinese
In the end, it's your call. I do think Dragonite represents a chinese dragon better than the other two, thou.

Hm... really?

Wow I didn't know there was a Chinese cobra. Consider me trumped, haha. But I meant that cobras are kind of representative of India, though they exist throughout Asia and Africa- I guess Buddhism shares a lot of concepts with Hinduism, such as Nagas, but I think it's much more associative with India. There are also other candidates: Seviper and Serperior, who I think are a lot more generalized.

Wow I didn't know there was a Chinese cobra. Consider me trumped, haha. But I meant that cobras are kind of representative of India, though they exist throughout Asia and Africa- I guess Buddhism shares a lot of concepts with Hinduism, such as Nagas, but I think it's much more associative with India. There are also other candidates: Seviper and Serperior, who I think are a lot more generalized.
Serperior! Great idea!

Btw, I meant Dragonair up there, not Dragonite. But Nite is a lot cooler. ;P

I don't think you've ever looked up terrible in the dictionary have you? because it's certainly not that. For a quick doodle, it happens to just be better than what 90% of Smogon could do in a lot more time haha

no milotics yet, but I think there is at least one on my to-do list :3

Here's a Mr. Stone in progress, he's REALLY PUMPED ABOUT ADJUSTING HIS TIE

def changing that tie arm wtf

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
oh shit is that motherfucking steven stone up in this??

shit gurl drawing one of my top pokeboys

(keep it up, looks sweet as hell)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)