Past Gen RNG Research

I've noticed that this "egg spread" works on hg/ss:
A/7/31/30/A/A seed: A301025f on frame 10

I've just tested it for the Breeding Project I did for riddlinkid.
The parents had these ivs:
A -> 31/31/31/30/31/31
B -> 22/26/21/25/21/31

Which RNG does the phone run off? I've noticed today that the phone goes off even when standing still. (It could be possible that its running off an RNG, but I doubt it as people are hitting identical spreads despite having different periods of time passing with the same seed. It could be possible that a trigger and delay is set for the phone to go off after walking x steps and doing y).

In fact, what is known about phone machanics?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Which RNG does the phone run off? I've noticed today that the phone goes off even when standing still. (It could be possible that its running off an RNG, but I doubt it as people are hitting identical spreads despite having different periods of time passing with the same seed. It could be possible that a trigger and delay is set for the phone to go off after walking x steps and doing y).

In fact, what is known about phone machanics?
IIRC it's based on the time of your clock. Seems to go off at the same "time" for me.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I cannot confirm whether or not I actually hit frame 7, but none of the surrounding frames on Kazo's spread with seed D2080210 show up correctly in RNGReporter.

I cannot confirm whether or not I actually hit frame 7, but none of the surrounding frames on Kazo's spread with seed D2080210 show up correctly in RNGReporter.
I count...Mentally XD
One....two....three....four....five...six....seven *talks to the old guy*.
It worked three times so far. It's a good thing that initial frame is always 1 \o/
But I've hit the frame 5 and 1 without counting o.O

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can never tell what frame I hit, because they show up on RNGReporter as ridiculously high numbers, if they show up at all.

I can never tell what frame I hit, because they show up on RNGReporter as ridiculously high numbers, if they show up at all.
That only happened to me when I was generating an egg and hatching it on the same seed...When I save with the egg with the old guy and reset, I've always got a suitable frame.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm getting split spreads, like in Emerald.

Seed 290203E4:

3 13\B\12\A\B\25
4 B\16\30\25\A\A

Baby's IVs were 13\B\12\16\30\B. I'll get more data as the night drags on.

EDIT: Scratch that. With the fixed Breeding (HGSS) option in RNG Reporter, this appears to be normal.

Date (M-D-Y): 5-4-2009
Time: 3:07
Seed: 330301F4
______|_Frame_|___PID___|
Egg 1 | 1 | bcc22ca1
-Phone- | 1efae4ac & 11021e4f
Egg 2 | 4 | ac965d66
Egg 3 | 5 | 793eea47
Egg 4 | 6 | b76dae2e
Skipped| 7 | af2f128c
Egg 5 | 8 | 1923ee73
Egg 6 | 9 | 95470b6b
Egg 7 | 10 | feab1324
Egg 8 | 11 | 17c16346
Skipped| 12 | c40db809
Egg 9 | 13 | 8188d715
Egg 10 | 14 | eaafd77f
Egg 11 | 15 | 4fe9debe
Skipped | 16 | 4612d15b
Egg 12 | 17 | 6f675a3a

Some data on egg breeding and skipping pids. I don't know if it will help much.
I can see much of this has stalled but I was browsing and noticed with this post, mine skipped the identical frames, although I was not paying attention to when the phone rang.
I was using 19/1/2010 11:01:30 seed [320B031E]

Unfortunately my target was frame 12 so I missed it but then I went to seed [690D0571] where my target was 11 and got my egg. Although I didn't keep track of which frames were missed I just went on the assumtion frame 11 was useable. If I get some time later tonight I'll hatch the rest of my eggs and find out which egg was on which frame and edit it into this post.

Edit: was too much of a mess so I just picked a random seed and documented everything to see if Frame 12 stayed unobtainable:

2010/01/19 22:49:31 Seed [631603B6]

Caught female Lvl51 Golbat to find seed
Flew to Goldenrod and rode bike til man had egg.
Phone rings, Game auto answered

Egg 1 078453B4 Frame 1
Phone rings
Skips Frames 2 and 3
Egg 2 66812716 Frame 4
Deposit 3 party members, phone rings while in day care
Egg 3 FD3C855A Frame 5
Skips Frames 6 and 7
Egg 4 52079FF6 Frame 8
Phone Rings
Egg 5 B4082BD8 Frame 9
Phone Rings
Hatch egg 1 and 2 and deposit
Egg 6 326A013C Frame 10
Egg 7 10048F8B Frame 11
Phone Rings
Hatch 3 and 4 and deposit
Skips Frame 12
Egg 8 BB36AB11 Frame 13

As you can see its missed frames on the same pattern with the exception of me missing frames 6 and 7 whereas LF only missed 7. Surely there has to be some reason behind this.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Another note regarding changing delay in HGSS:

Inserting\removing a compatible GBA cartridge no longer changes the delay from odd to even and vice versa. However, if you're quick enough to scroll down to the second page of options on the Continue screen, that will add 1 to the delay.

Ok, yesterday I was able to Pandora Box my ID/SID on Heart Gold/Soul Silver. And today, I've started trying to RNG Abuse my starter pokemon, just for the lulz.

So far, I was able to hit my Seed. Now, I'm starting the hard part, that involves waiting and getting my poke, since the only way to advance the frame for the starter is waiting until the NPCs move randomly. So far, I was able to get frame 197, frame 198, frame 201, but not frame 200. I'll let you know if I'm able to get it right, and what I found out while trying.

Well, I did manage to get my shiny Adamant quint-flawless Totodile yesterday, just using the NPC movements do advance the frame. I can tell that it would be impossible without save states, since you would be blind in the dark regarding the actual frame you were.

The good thing is that the sprite that the game shows when you're trying to choose the pokemon is actually shiny, so you can know easily if you did hit your frame or not. Also, considering the three initial pokes are in different initial frames, you have three chances to hit a frame, if you're just aiming for shinyness.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I wouldn't say "impossible" Pehu, just really hard. ;) I did something similar (straight off my cart) using all the NPCs in Pewter City to advance my frame to get my FIRST Latios. Though your "target frame" was apparently higher, it's still the same in principle.

Already "activated" Latios. Saved standing DIRECTLY in front of him with my syncher NOT IN FRONT and 4 pokes in my party. I'll check my seed just south of town on Rt 21.

Just Getting a "general idea" of how long to wait... Shoot for 74-78 1st...

1:10=F 26, D 489
1:20=F 44, D 491!!
1:35=F 84, D 489
1:32=F 61/71/ __81__/97, D 491
1:31(hair early?)=F76 , D 489

Switch Syncher to Front and "encounter" at AROUND 1:31 (hoping for 74-78)

On my seed...
Right on it= Spread just above or below >.<
1/2 sec early = F68???
???-a
???-a
???
???-a
Hair LATE = F72
just BEFORE 32 = F72
Just AFTER 32 = F72 >:P
Just AFTER 33 = F72??? Reeeeally?!?
Just AFTER 34 = F 74/76/77/78 WHATEVS IT WAS RIGHT! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!11 !!!!!!!111!

Really tedious and annoying? Yes. Impossible? No.

Right, not impossible, but for me, if you need to hit your seed a zillion of times, and do trial and error over and over again just for one pokemon, it's not worthy it.

Of course, I did it all the time for egg IVs on Platinum, but my frame usually was on the 5-20s.

This shiny adamant spread was on frame 200. Can you think about doing this trial and error thing on a spread on frame 1000, like the ones we abused on Platinum?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Lolz! Yeah, I actuall DID "try" that on a frame of +1000 in my Heart Gold! xD

And then I gave up and learned to hit higher delays for lower frames :P

Inserting\removing a compatible GBA cartridge no longer changes the delay from odd to even and vice versa. However, if you're quick enough to scroll down to the second page of options on the Continue screen, that will add 1 to the delay.
I'm going to have to contradict you there. Circumstances may be different so I'll explain my situation fully. I use a copy of HG that was pre-ordered from Japan and the delay does change from odd to even by inserting or removing my LG GBA Cart. Typically I'll hit a delay of 493-499 but with LG inserted I get 494-500

Although that is a handy little piece of information for those without a compatable GBA game

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Info Dump! :P

Basically some people had been saying that certain egg IV seeds hadn't been working, and others said it worked just fine for them. I had a lot of trouble getting this one to work:
D2080210 | 7 | B/31/31/B/B/31 | HP ELECTRIC 70; HP GROUND 70; 31 All Ivs
But I finally did get it to work.

Don't know if it will help anybody (at all) but here's how I did it (if you can understand my notes @_@) Big thanks to OD for helping me out. :)
Just to give you a heads up, it's a TON of info...
FRIGGIN FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Lucario
Jolly
Inner Focus (Ability 1)
31/31/31/x/31/31
4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
@L50: 146 / 162 / 90 / 108 / 90 / 156
Close Combat (L42 Lucario) / Extreme Speed (L51 Lucario) / Follow Me (Egg) / Protect (TM)

FOR ANYONE WHO CARES!!!
Here's all the crap I had to go through to get this mofo...
Code:
Lucario
Jolly
Inner Focus (Ability 1)
31/31/31/x/31/31
4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
@L50: 146 / 162 / 90 / 108 / 90 / 156
Close Combat (L42 Lucario) / Extreme Speed (L51 Lucario) / Follow Me (HG/SSEgg) / Protect (TM)

Parents (RNG'd in Platinum):
M Furret
31/31/31/31/31/31
L 21 (Follow Me)

F Lucario
31/31/31/31/31/31

Egg IV Seeds to try:
| Initial Seed | Frame |     Spread       |                 Best For                 
|___________|____|_____________|_________________________________
|   7A040210   |   7    | B/30/30/31/B/B |                 HP ICE 70                
|   FF160211   |   15  | B/B/31/B/30/30 |              HP FIGHTING 70              
|   5916020B   |   13  | B/30/B/30/31/B |          HP GRASS 70; HP FIRE 70         
|   D2080210   |   7    | B/31/31/B/B/31 | HP ELECTRIC 70; HP GROUND 70; 31 All Ivs 

ID: 43785
SID:  44258

Good Shiny, Jolly, Inner Focus Seeds:
1B0103BB  1 and 2
260702E3  1 and 1
130D03C3 1 and 2

Seed 4102022D will give you a shiny Jolly (inner focus) spread on egg 1. (Thanks OmegaDonut ^.^)

Scouting:
Looks like there's only ONE moving NPC "in the daycare area" (HOLYFRIGGINCRAPWOWZ!!!) and he's at the very bottom of the screen. Not a lot of room to ride around unfortunately :P

Info:
Shiny, Jolly, Inner Focus Egg (egg 1):
2001 - 12 - 26  02:08:01  D556
Save BEFORE you have an egg. Try to hit seed. "Create" the egg (walking). Save BEFORE picking egg up. Pick up, catch poke to check seed/delay, and hatch to verify. If not, restart game, reject egg, re-save with no egg ready, repeat.

Attempt/Seconds/Delays:
1) 5/493 >_>... not sure about that...
2) 5/499 >_?  yeah.... (noticed my month was wrong, so my seconds were wrong. Fixed. Because I am getting odd delays, I must pick a new year. :P)

2066-12-26  02:08:01  D491 (CD 491 / WD 491 / CS 14 / WS 1)

3) 2?/489 close (it did feel late though resetting CS to 13)
4) 3/493 (WHOOPS! had the CS backwards! Resetting CS to 15 >_<)
5) 1/495 (wheeeeeeew, now to just hit my delay! :D)
6) 1/ 491??

came out... Lonely Ability 1???  nearest matching egg frame is... 40?!  

Trying again (checking everything from scratch). Everthing looks good though... Just onna try again.

7) 1/493
8) 1/495

OTHER POSSIBLE SEED TO TRY!!! : 340702CC Sticking to the original one for now, cuz OD sayz the Force Egg code had been "forcing" the Egg PID to "1".

9) 1/481
10) 1/487 T_T
11) 1/499
12) 1/493
13) GOT IT (finally :P)

IVS:

D2080210   2037-05-30  08:59:01  D491  F 7? (wait 5 secs)

1) 491? Possibly  got IVs that "almost" matched frame 8 and when using open search my first wild capture showed up under 491. If it was aand I got frame 8, then I"m right on target, but need to accept RIGHT ON 5 secs no later (i was a bit slow)
2) 491 again! xD frame 6 though! xD
3) 491/8 again xD
4) 

Have hit my seed MANY MANY TIMES (much more than 10).
Have verified with IVs AND Wild Captures too
Keep coming up with F8 or F6 each time
never once F7
Even when my "secons past continue" are very very close together
It may be skipping it

Gonna change to a much lower frame seed...

At the suggestion of NewestUte, I'm going to go back and try using the first seed, but attempt to detune the radio in order to hit that frame of 7.  My "idea" is to...
1) start the game, position my radio to the bottom right, and resave
2) try to "calibrate" to see what frame I can hit with IMMEDIATELY opening my radio, DOING NOTHING, closing the radio WITH B!! and IMMEDIATELY picking up the egg (both on and off my seed).
3) adjust from there and see what it gets me...

D2080210  2037-12-17  08:05:01  D491  F7

Delay / Frame
489/2
491/2*
Since I got 2 2s in a row, I'm gonna start "detuning" the bottom Right...5 times and see what that gets me...(also released that 5th poke in my party so I don't have to go to the box to check my seed anymore, which means my calibration probably will be off)

495/ 2**
491/2**
Well Crap. I "detuned" the bottom right 5 times, but got 0 extra advancements T_T.  I guess I'll try detuning the bottom left twice and seeing where that gets me...

491/12***
Since I got 12 (>_<) I'm gonna try just 1 detune of the bottom Left this next time...

491/9****
Weeeeeeeelll..... gonna try not detuning at all, but just turning the radio on to the bottom L channel... T_T

485/5*****  I'll keep this up till I hit my seed...
493/7******!!!  I accidentally opened the menu, closed it, then immediately opened it again (tapping too much upon startup), then I selected the radio with the A button (instead of tapping it with the stylus), then I pressed A again to open the radio to where you can select a channel and all, but didn't select anything.  Then I backed out of the radio with B, then out of the menu COMPLETELY with B again and IMMEDIATELY picked up the egg.  Gonna try this again, but without opening and closing the menu accidentally this time...
497/5 (spot on)
485/5***** I re-created the whole "accidentally opening the menu up too many times" thing and it made no difference to the frame I got, so it's probably unnecissary to repeat from now on.
493/5*******  Hmmmmmmmmm.... this one produced a different frame than the last time when I accidentally opened too many times
481/7!!******** Slight pause when opening menu initially (thought I had it open >_<)
481/7********Slight pause when opening menu initially (thought I had it open >_<)
491/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! slight pause when opening menu
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!~~!!!!!11!!!1!!!

*It "looks" like frame 2 (4/17/B/A/13/14) except that it's (4/either 31-A-orB/B/A/13/14)
** I was fairly late in getting my menu up initially so I didn't advance 5 times like planned
*** It "looks" like frame 12 (1/A/25/29/B/11), and that would make sense, except that it's (either 31-A-orB/A/25/29/B/11)
****It "looks" like frame 9 (26/18/4/A/B/23), and that would make sense, except that it's (26/18/4/A/B/31-A-orB)
*****It "looks" like frame 5(7/8/20/A/24/0), and that would make sense, except that it's (7/8/either31-A-orB/A/24/either31-A-orB)
******It "looks" like frame 7(19/18/A/1/B/27), and that would make sense, except that it's (19/either31-A-orB/A/1/B/27)
*******It "looks" like frame 5(17/A/11/B/0/2), and that would make sense, except that it's (17/A/11/B/0/either31-A-orB)
********It "looks" like frame 7(19/30/27/14/B/21), and that would make sense, except that it's (19/30/27/either31-A-orB/B/either31-A-orB)
The nice thing about it is that if I ever want THOSE SPECIFIC IVs again, I know exactly how to do it, AND QUICKLY now!

However, if you don't want to read all of it, the most important info I got out of this was...
1) My "Hold R+ walk 1 step code for HG was forcing my PID to = "1". Just "1". Thanks OD for pointing that out.
2) The Egg IV inheritence "formula" or whatever rarely matched what the RNG reporter "predicted" 100%. There was usually an EXTRA inheritence or two. (unfortunately because both my parents were hex flawless I couldn't determine which parent they came from.) HOWEVER, EVERY TIME it was close enough that I could figure out what frame it really was on by matching up 90% of it to the RNG reporter.
3) SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS HOW TO PROGRAM FRIGGIN NEEDS TO EDIT THE RNG REPORTER TO FIND SUPER LOW SHINY EGGS SO I DON'T HAVE TO BUG OD FOR SEEDS! >:P
4) That single moving NPC down at the bottom of the route is a finicky little punk.
5) Once I got it figured out, it almost feels like DPPt Egg RNG, except that you have to pick up every egg to advance the IRNG, and you have to manually open your menu to use the Radio kind of like you use the journal in DPPt.

Unless I am retarded, I believe this actually did work for me.

Edit: English HG + English Ruby

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
To be precise, pls tell me the frame no., presence of wandering NPCs, frame advancement availability, and Method for each of the following Pokes in HG/SS:

Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Red Gyarados
Lati@s (non-Wi-Fi)
Lati@s (Wi-Fi)
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Starter Pokemon
Togepi Egg

Please tell us...

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To be precise, pls tell me the frame no., presence of wandering NPCs, frame advancement availability, and Method for each of the following Pokes in HG/SS:

Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Red Gyarados
Lati@s (non-Wi-Fi)
Lati@s (Wi-Fi)
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Starter Pokemon
Togepi Egg

Please tell us...
its posted on this thread and All Generation PRNG information/help thread just look at the last few pages on the help thread or through the ones here this isn't the thread to ask for help post in the help thread next time (no mini modding intended)

I've tried hatching for a shiny egg twice so far.

I don't have much data on the first attempt except the shiny was on frame 1 and it skipped that and gave me the frame 2 egg. It took upwards of 10-15 laps up and down Goldenrod City before it would lay an egg.

My second attempt, the shiny egg was to be frame 13. The eggs were being layed pretty consistently, but it did skip eggs 3,6,8,10,12-15. The last egg that was layed was frame 16. Going from egg 11 to egg 16 again took quite a large number of laps before they would finally lay an egg. I would say about 10 laps, though I did have Quick Hatch enabled.

So to me it looks like if the parents fail to lay an egg in the 256 steps(is that the right amount?), then it skips that egg frame.

An excel file of my results can be downloaded here.

Edit:
I made another shiny attempt with no luck. My "laps" theory/skipped egg PID when parents fail to produce an egg, goes out the window in this batch.
I also got 2 phone calls right after picking up an egg when an egg PID was skipped. But the 1st egg skipped had no phone call.

Here's the spreadsheet for Round 2

Just wondering, does HG/SS have the same seeds and sets as D/P/Pt? And, if I've understood correctly, HG/SS is not like D/P/Pt in RNG advancment because it runs off of frames like emerald and not in-game stuff like walking around and journal flips, correct?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Just wondering, does HG/SS have the same seeds and sets as D/P/Pt? And, if I've understood correctly, HG/SS is not like D/P/Pt in RNG advancment because it runs off of frames like emerald and not in-game stuff like walking around and journal flips, correct?
Incorrect. Emerald has a constantly advancing RNG, whereas DPPt and HGSS advance only due to in-game actions. And this is not the thread you should be posting in.

Hi there^^ I've been following this thread since it started and, as I'm in Europe, I bought HG last Friday. I've already been able to RNG both my starter and the Togepi egg (which has a monster frame of 1).
However, I didn't use the same method Pehu did. As I wasn't aiming for a shiny and all I have is the cart (no emulators and stuff that allow the use of save states), I saved inside the lab and searched for a spread with a frame of 5 to get my Cyndaquil. Then I learnt how to reach high delays (I had never had the need to do it before and then reseted for my Cyndaquil. I got a nice Timid one with the following spread: 29/12/30/31/31/31. I did the same with Togepi due to the two NPC's inside the PokéMart and got a Calm one with this spread: 31/9/29/31/30/31.
I will now start doing some research at method K as I'm gonna try to RNG a Sandshrew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)