Peakmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What should we do with Belly Drum?
http://www.smogon.com/gs/moves/belly_drum

Also are Blast Burn/frenzy plant/Hydro Cannon/Giga impact/Rock Wrecker/Roar of Time buffed? They should not be because they always had mandatory charge turn.
I didn't know Belly Drum worked like that. Interesting. Also, Hyper Beam and all other variants of it get buffed since in R/B/Y, when a Pokemon used Hyper Beam to KO a Pokemon, there was no recharge time.

Now, how will Simple work? It's change isn't a strictly worse/better thing. For old versions of Simple, you could Baton Pass, say, a +2 boost to a Simple Pokémon and it would immediately act like a +4 boost. On the other hand, a Simple Pokémon Baton Passing out would be better under new rules (it can, say, Swords Dance to get +4 boost and pass that on to someone else, whereas in the past it would be a +2 boost that acted like a +4 boost so it would only be +2 when passing out).

I think the old version is generally better?

Valmanway

Now, how will Simple work? It's change isn't a strictly worse/better thing. For old versions of Simple, you could Baton Pass, say, a +2 boost to a Simple Pokémon and it would immediately act like a +4 boost. On the other hand, a Simple Pokémon Baton Passing out would be better under new rules (it can, say, Swords Dance to get +4 boost and pass that on to someone else, whereas in the past it would be a +2 boost that acted like a +4 boost so it would only be +2 when passing out).

I think the old version is generally better?
Stat increases/decreases when factoring in Simple will be by actual stages, so instead of +1 being treated as +2, it's just +2, so Baton Passing a Defense Curl will be like passing an Iron Defense. But I would like to refrain from talking about Baton Pass, since it's still being suspected unless I missed something.

Stat increases/decreases when factoring in Simple will be by actual stages, so instead of +1 being treated as +2, it's just +2, so Baton Passing a Defense Curl will be like passing an Iron Defense. But I would like to refrain from talking about Baton Pass, since it's still being suspected unless I missed something.
No official test has been started afaik. They haven't done anything since they closed the discussion thread.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
You forgot to put that if you break a sub with explosion/self destruct, you do not faint

Also, sleep, flinch, and freeze should not cancel out charging moves (Like Geomancy) but instead pause them

The sleep from rest should also waer off after only 2 turns, not 3

Recoil damage should not happen if the attack knocks the opponent out

Whirlwind and roar should have regular priority

The charge of focus punch should have a priority of +8 (The highest in the game, tied with the messages of quick claw and custap berry)

Mimic should be able to copy a random move, not just the last move used. It should also be able to copy metronome (Although IDK why this matters, but a buff is a buff)

Perfect accuracy moves should be able to attack semi-invunerable pokemon

In rain, Thunder should have a 30% chance to go through moves like Protect

Last edited:

Valmanway

You forgot to put that if you break a sub with explosion/self destruct, you do not faint

Also, sleep, flinch, and freeze should not cancel out charging moves (Like Geomancy) but instead pause them

The sleep from rest should also waer off after only 2 turns, not 3

Recoil damage should not happen if the attack knocks the opponent out

Whirlwind and roar should have regular priority

The charge of focus punch should have a priority of +8 (The highest in the game, tied with the messages of quick claw and custap berry)
Much obliged.

Valmanway

Mimic should be able to copy a random move, not just the last move used. It should also be able to copy metronome (Although IDK why this matters, but a buff is a buff)

In rain, Thunder should have a 30% chance to go through moves like Protect
Mimic copying a random move vs. copying the last move used is debatable as to whether or not one is better than the other, but it can copy Metronome now, yes.

Thunder and Blizzard hitting through Protect is a buff to the former two moves, but a nerf to the latter. It's a cool mechanic, but I sadly can't bring it back.

With Roar/Whirlwind at 0 Prioroty, you can not afford to let your opponent set up hazards, or else he'll send you blasting off into the sky. You better have an answer to things like these:

Aerodactyl @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Roar
- Whirlwind

- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Roar

Yanmega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SAtk / 252 HP
Timid Nature
- Whirlwind
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Great, now he has +3 priority that's stronger than quick attack, and BREAKS SUBS. We're all going to die.
+2
Mimic copying a random move vs. copying the last move used is debatable as to whether or not one is better than the other, but it can copy Metronome now, yes.

Thunder and Blizzard hitting through Protect is a buff to the former two moves, but a nerf to the latter. It's a cool mechanic, but I sadly can't bring it back.
There was also something about mimic and stuff like that working like sketch in the japanese diamond/pearl.

Valmanway

With Roar/Whirlwind at 0 Prioroty, you can not afford to let your opponent set up hazards, or else he'll send you blasting off into the sky. You better have an answer to things like these:

Jolly Nature
- Roar
- Whirlwind

- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Agility
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Roar

Yanmega @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Whirlwind
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
Normally this is where I pull out the ban-hammer, but I really don't want to ban Roar/Whirlwind, because it's such a valued tool for Pokemon such as Skarmory and Heatran, and is a great way of racking up hazard damage for stall teams. But I think we have two options; either we ban these moves outright, or we don't buff them at all.

Jolly Nature
- Roar
- Whirlwind

- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Agility
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Roar

Yanmega @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Whirlwind
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
Suction Cups Cradily new meta!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!111!!!

Magic Guard mons cannot be fully paralyzed (Gen 4).
Magma Storm gets its 120 BP back.
Sky Drop doesn't care about target's weight anymore.
Spore affects Grass types.
Healing Wish recover happens before hazard's damage (Gen 3).

Well... how would anything be a buff outside of when it's a buff ?_?
Let's say you're a charizard with 52% HP when rocks are up. If healing wish activates first you're at 50% HP. If hazards activate first you have 100% HP. Now you have 40% HP You now either have 50% HP or you die, respectively. Therefore it would be both a buff and nerf at the same time. Meaning it shouldn't get changed unless its possible to code it to where it activates first if hazards would kill you.

Let's say you're a charizard with 52% HP when rocks are up. If healing wish activates first you're at 50% HP. If hazards activate first you have 100% HP. Now you have 40% HP You now either have 50% HP or you die, respectively. Therefore it would be both a buff and nerf at the same time. Meaning it shouldn't get changed unless its possible to code it to where it activates first if hazards would kill you.
Well, you totally missed what I wanted to say... Anyway, modifying the interaction between Healing Wish and Rocks/Spikes is banned as per OP.

Last edited:

Jolly Nature
- Roar
- Whirlwind

- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Agility
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Roar

Yanmega @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Whirlwind
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Murkrow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Whirwind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)