Resource Pet Mods Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by ???
1628601820718.png
TRAINERMONS!
1628601834262.png

Welcome to TrainerMons! Our goal for this pet mod is to turn almost every trainer into Pokemon viable for OU!
RULES:
:unown: Submission Rules :unown:
- You are allowed a maximum of 3 subs for submitting your entries.

- The meta we're playing around is Gen 8 [OU]. Make sure your subs are viable and healthy for Gen 8 OU.

- Make sure your submissions make sense. Since this is a meta focused around Pokemon Trainers, we can't have any submissions that don't make sense for the following trainer.

- Don't go trolling around. Additionally, don't leave one-liners, thanks!

:unown: Voting Rules :unown:
- Depending on how many submissions get subbed in, you are allowed a maximum of 5/3/1 vote(s) ranging from best to worst.

- If you want to copy a vote, please specify which vote you're copying. It makes it clear that you want to use the same vote as another person.

TEMPLATES:
Name of Trainer:
Type Specialty:
Ability:
Stats:
Notable Moves:
Usually Useless Moves (optional):
Reasoning (optional but highly reccomended):
Competitive Overview:
Name of Trainer:
Typing:
Make sure it makes sense before submitting
Ability:
Stats:
Notable Moves:
Usually Useless Moves (optional):
Reasoning (optional but highly reccomended):
Competitive Overview:
COUNCIL:
:slowbro: SlowAndBruh :slowbro:

Hit me up with a DM if you wanna join the council. I'm especially looking for people who can review the submissions.

Well then, have fun in TrainerMons!

Last edited:
9337AC06-CB07-425A-907F-482F8E008302.png

:Zekrom:Swap the roles, play styles, stats, etc. of prominent Pokémon in the National Dex OU meta to create a refreshing new meta. To further diversify the meta, original forms of Swapped Pokémon will become banned after slates.:Reshiram:

:kyurem:Pet Mod Concept: In this Pet Mod, highly viable Pokémon will have new variations that are created with the intention of making their play styles differ from their original forms. (Ex. A Physically Defensive Pokémon - could gain a - Specially Defensive Swapped Version, Etc.) After a slate is over, the original Pokémon of the new swapped variations will be banned from the mod, essentially changing the meta every slate. Some future slates will also focus specifically on buffing mons with low viability. As the mod develops, slated mons will be chosen to fill gaps within the meta. This Pet Mod is to help make Pokémon that are used a lot, less repetitive and surprising by swapping their competitive roles and how they work. It will also be an opportunity to improve on less viable Pokémon in a way that honors their original form while reintroducing them into a new meta.

Examples of Roles to Swap:
There aren’t always roles that necessarily contrast other ones, so feel free to be creative when conceptualizing Swapped Versions.
  • Utility
  • Physical/Special/Mixed Wallbreaker
  • Physical/Special/Mixed Wall
  • Setup Sweeper
  • Choice Item User
  • Pivots
  • Weather Setters/Abusers
    • Stallbreaker
    • Field Abuser
    • Setup Check
    • Cleric
    • Wish Passer
    • Hazard Setter
    • Hazard Control
    • Hazard Control Deterrent
    • Spinblocker
    • Field Setter
    • (There are a more sub and even niche roles, but it is all very dependent on the specific Pokémon.)
Competitive SwapMons:
  • NDex OU Based (without Z-crystals)
  • Competitive SwapMons is focused on creating a fun and refreshing meta with a variety of alternate Swapped versions replacing viable Pokémon, and buffed versions of Pokémon that previously had low viability
  • Highly viable Pokémon can be considered A- tier and up. (using this resource for now, and eventually creating our own VR)
  • Less viable Pokémon (unlisted on viability rankings) will be buffed while still playing in a similar role to that of their base forms.
  • The meta will refresh a lot as viable Pokémon become replaced with swapped versions.
  • This Pet Mod will be heavily discussion based. There will be discussion phases in between and after slates and important discourse on discord to help everyone understand and balance the meta.
  • Slates will start off fast (lasting 1 week) to develop a new meta and eventually follow a slower pace to allow for thorough submission feedback and extra time for creating submissions
The ultimate goal of this mod is to create a refreshing and fast changing meta by making differing versions of viable Pokémon and consequentially removing their original Pokémon from the format. Creating a new Swapped Version will be done by giving a base Pokémon new stats, moves, types, and/or abilities. To make an effective competitive swap for an already viable Pokémon, submitted Pokémon ideas would have to make a distinct change (or swap) to the original Pokémon’s competitive use, as if it were a counterpart to it (Ex. Zekrom and Reshiram can be considered counterparts as Zekrom is physically oriented and Reshiram is specially oriented - yet they don’t check/counter each other). When creating a buff/evolution to a Pokémon with low viability, the goal would not be to change much about the original Pokémon’s play style, but instead highlight its strengths and improve on them. In a slate with buffs, you must keep one of the original Pokémon’s types, and if you are going to change one of its types, it has to have a move that is the same typing as the Pokémon’s new type.

Swapped Version Submission Rules :Meloetta:
What’s considered “Swapped” is subjective, so just make sure to include an explanation for your swap in your submission.
  • :Landorus-therian:Stats
    • The base stat total has to be the same as the original Pokémon’s base stat total.
    • Stat changes should be made with competitive consciousness (-essentially taking into account what its new competitive role is).
    • No minmaxing
  • :tornadus-therian:Typing & Moves
    • New types are optional and can be given to further swap a Pokémon’s competitive role (have a reason for giving it a new typing)
    • If you add any new moves, you must remove the same amount of moves from the original Pokémon’s move set
    • Write in your submission if the original Pokémon’s STAB should be removed
      • Ex. A Landorus swapping into a Fire-type swapped version might lose all of its original Ground-type STAB for Fire-type moves and gain niche Ground-type coverage, like Scorching Sands. All of the removed original STAB moves free up space for moves for its new typing.
    • Custom moves should only be given to swap certain Pokémon’s signature moves.
      • Ex. A Heatran submission swapping from Fire/Steel to Ice-type may have an Ice-type version of Magma Storm.
      • Slates will indicate when a Pokémon can be given a custom move
  • :thundurus-therian:Abilities
    • Swapped Versions must have the same amount of abilities as the original Pokémon.
    • Custom abilities should only be given to swap certain Pokémon’s signature abilities.
      • Ex. A Galarian Darmanitan submission swapping from a Physical Wallbreaker into a Special Wallbreaker may have a new ability that is a special version of Gorilla Tactics.
  • :unown-s:Miscellaneous
    • When naming a new Pokémon’s swapped versions, you should keep a similar theme to the original Pokémon’s name, or follow the original Pokémon’s evolutionary line’s name theme.
      • Ex. Corvisquire and Corviknight both have Corvi at the beginning of their name, so if Corviknight had a new swapped version, its name should begin with Corvi.
    • New mega evolutions can be given to swapped versions of Pokémon that originally had megas.
      • Like Mix and Mega, the mega stone will give the same stat boosts, ability, and added typings.
Original Pokémon/Swapped Version Name: [original name] -> [new name]
Typing: [original typing] -> [new typing]
Intended New Role: [new role]
Abilities: [abilities/x/x]
Original Stats: [x HP / x Atk / x Def / x SpA / x SpD / x Spe]
New Stats: [x HP / x Atk / x Def / x SpA / x SpD / x Spe]

Removed/New Move(s): - [removed move(s)] -> + [new move(s)]
Concept: [Prompts: What stats did you change/why? Did you change its typing/why? Why did you make those move changes?]
Competitive: [Prompts: What is this new Pokemon’s competitive use? How does this new Pokémon contrast from the original Pokémon? What Pokémon will this Pokémon compete with? - (this response could turn into candidates for future slates) How will this Pokémon affect the meta?]
(Optional) Possible Sets:
Original Pokémon/Swapped Version Name: :Blissey:Blissey -> Misrissey
Typing: Normal -> Dark
Intended New Role: Physical Wall
Abilities: Scrappy / Nature Cure / Healer
Original Stats: 255 HP / 10 Atk / 10 Def / 75 SpA / 135 SpD / 55 Spe
New Stats: 255 HP / 75 Atk / 135 Def / 10 SpA / 10 SpD / 55 Spe

Removed/New Move(s): - Body Slam -> + Knock Off
Concept: I swapped its Special Attack and Special Defense stats with its Attack and Defense stats. I changed its typing to Dark as it contrasts Blissey’s relation to happiness. In battle, it might inspire people to have more special Fighting, Fairy, or Bug coverage. Greninja might be harder to deal with, so it might be good for future slates to have an answer for it, or for Greninja to be swapped.

Competitive: Misrissey would work as a physically defensive Pokémon instead of a specially defensive Pokémon like Blissey. It could potentially compete with Umbreon, so Umbreon might be due for a buff or swapped version in a future slate. It could affect the meta by making Greninja harder to check, so Greninja may be due for a Swapped version in a future slate.

(Optional) Possible Sets:
Set Description: A Blissey set with special defense investment instead of physical defense investment.
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Teleport
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Buff Submission Rules :Victini:
  • As a reference point, the overall boost in base stat total can look similar to these guidelines:
These guidelines are not rules, therefore, take creative liberty when creating base stats for your submissions!
If original base stat total is:
530 to 600 BST - +0 to BST
525 to 500 BST - +0-30 to BST
499 to 480 BST - +0-40 to BST
479 to 465 BST - +0-60 to BST
464 to 455 BST - +0-70 to BST
454 to 440 BST - +0-80 to BST
439 to 400 BST - +0-90 to BST
399 to 300 BST - +0-125 to BST
299 to 200 BST - +0-200 to BST
  • No minmaxing.
  • You must keep at least one of the original Pokémon's types.
  • New typings for Pokémon buffs can only be given if the original Pokémon has a move of that typing. (This excludes some widely distributed moves like Grass Knot - an official list will be made.)
  • You can add up to five free moves to generally buff a Pokémon (without a new typing), and 10 free moves if you are adding a new typing to the Pokémon. For any other move additions, you must remove the same amount of moves from the Pokémon's original moveset.
Pokémon Name: [name]
Typing: [typing]
Abilities: [abilities/x/x]
Original Stats: [x HP / x Atk / x Def / x SpA / x SpD / x Spe]
New Stats: [x HP / x Atk / x Def / x SpA / x SpD / x Spe]

Removed/New Move(s): - [removed move(s)] -> + [new move(s)]
Buff Explanation: [explanation]

Miscellaneous:unown-z:
After taking a closer look at metagames like Döppelgangers, I wanted to reassure how SwapMons differs from that and other metas. For this example, I used Döppelgangers.

SwapMons and Döppelgangers would be very different metagames. Changing a Pokémon's role is a general premise that can be taken down a lot of different routes, and Döppelgangers and SwapMons are great examples of how this could work. While Döppelgangers and SwapMons both somewhat center around Pokémon roles, the goal of Döppelgangers is to create counters to Pokémon and have the newly created Pokémon exist in the same meta as their original forms. SwapMons's main goal, on the other hand, is to essentially create alternatives to already viable Pokémon while specifically removing their original forms from the meta. SwapMons functions by replacing Pokémon, while Döppelgangers functions by having two forms for a Pokémon (a base and a counter). The added restrictions imposed on the slated mons for SwapMons (being A- tier or higher) would also make its metagame differ, especially as it evolves over time. In SwapMons, the addition of buffs for Pokémon with low viability (where they would specifically have to be very similar to their original forms) differs greatly from Döppelgangers. I also believe that removing basic highly viable Pokémon from the meta over time would generally make SwapMons different from a lot of metagames.

Council:
:Dragonair:JosJet:Dragonair:
:Zweilous:Paulluxx:Zweilous:
(Please message me if you're interested in helping/joining! Disc: JosJet#8864)

Last edited:
:ss/charizard-gmax:Dynamax Revamped:ss/corviknight-gmax:

Concept: A pet mod with a simple premise to rebalance Dynamax.

Explanation to Dynamax Revamped: Despite being the main battle mechanic for Generation 8, many have deemed Dynamax to be horribly unbalanced and was banned all across Smogon tiers, right down to even Ubers and Doubles. While understandable, it's a shame that the main battle mechanic ended up not being utilized much outside of official formats. Therefore, this pet mod aims to fill the gap by rebalancing Dynamax to be much less overwhelming in a setting similar to OU.

The first major change done to Dynamax is the HP multiplier being x1.3 instead of x2 (there are also no Dynamax levels but that isn't relevant to Pokemon Showdown). While one might ask why not have its HP multiplied by x1.5, Doubles OU has attempted that in DLC 1, but Dynamax was still considered too overwhelming, so the idea was quickly dropped.

EDIT 11/8: Also, all held item's effects will be disabled throughout the duration of Dynamax, not just Choice items. This is done to prevent Weakness Policy from snowballing and Life Orb further boosting its power.

Any other further changes to Dynamax will be done through submission slates. If there's anything that ended up being broken in practice even after these changes, it's possible to do some tweaks in the future.

Miscellaneous: As mentioned before, Dynamax Revamped uses submission slates on a weekly basis (when possible) and will be lead by a council.

EDIT: After some feedback, I decided to change it to have submission slates.

Last edited:
Signature Style

Lately, new pokemon have all been getting SOMETHING unique to only them. I like this, so I want to go back and give every pokemon without something to set them apart from the rest either a signature move or ability (or both, if they go together in a neat way).

New signature move for Gastrodon-East
The Sluggening
Type: Water
BP: --
Acc: --
PP: 16 (max 24)
Restores 1/4 of the user's max HP at the end of each turn, for 3 turns. This effect cannot be stacked, and the user cannot use other healing moves (such as recover, but draining moves are still useable) for the duration.

Slates would consist of the council selecting 3-5 pokemon we feel could benefit from having a signature move or ability to increase their viability or give them a more unique playstyle. Participants would submit up to 1 signature move or ability for each of the pokemon in the slate.

The Council is currently just me and Moretto (AKA Woopersons). Message me on Discord or Smogon to let me know if you'd be interested in being on the council.

Last edited:
:omanyte: PALEOMONS :lileep:
I really like the Paleozoic, Mezozoic and Cenozoic Eras, and pre-historic pokemons always were an interesting concept to me. Thats where the idea about creating this Pet Mod came from.

How it would work: The Slates would be divided into three Categories: New Mons, Fossils Rework and New Forms. These new mons could cover new roles, giving a new taste to the competitive scene. Also, the Pet Mod will be based on the National Dex.

Since Paleomons would take place in the Paleo/Mezo/Ceno, the fossil pokémon wouldnt actually be fossils, so, most of them, would lost the rock typing. this could allow the fossils to have a new "fresh start" in the competitive, maybe changing they stats, a new movepool, typing, abilities, etc.
Cradily
Typing: ??? (indicate what was the old typing if it changes)
Abilities: ??? (indicate what were the old abilities if it changes)
Stats: ??? (indicate what were the old stats if it changes)

New Moves: ???
Removed Moves: ???

Role: ???

Many kind of animals were very different in the pre-history, so probably the same would happen with the pokémon world. The New forms would work as a way to reference this differences. Competitively, this would work almost as the regional forms, making a lot mons more relevant in the competitive.

A-Eelektross
Typing: ???
Abilities: ???
Stats: ???

New Moves: ???
Removed Moves: ???

I would probably say this is the "main dish" of the pet mod, since there are a lot of pre-historic creatures that could work as pokémons, making the creature catalog looks more vivid. These new mons could bring new additions to competitive roles, such as walls, sweepers, wallbreakers, hazard setters, etc.

Pokémon: ???
Creature it was based: (will probably be mencioned the species that will be used in the slate)
Typing: ???
Abilities: ???
Stats: ???

Moves:

Flavor(if you want to): ???

Miscellaneous: For now it still doesnt have a council, just me. But if you want to participate send me a DM. Also, I'm a monkey with coding, so anyone who is willing to help coding is welcome.

And thats it, if you have any question just message me and i will try my best to clarify it to you :roggenrola:

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Pet Mod Name: Random Dex
Pet Mod Concept: This is a metagame centered around playtesting in which only 80 randomly selected evolution lines will be allowed.
Explanation: When this mod starts, I will randomly select 80 fully evolved pokemon to become part of the metagame. These pokemon and their pre-evolutions will be the only playable pokemon in the metagame. The goal of the mod is to playtest it and try to figure out how to tier the pokemon available. Each pokemon will go in either Uber, OU or UU. Uber pokemon are going to be pokemon that are too strong for the main format, that being OU. The OU tier will be the main tier where the best (non banned) pokemon will be. Finally, UU will be for pokemon too weak to be in OU. A UUBL list will also be created if needed. All of these tiering actions will be decided based on feedback from the thread and on the discord (Not made yet)
Miscellaneous:
-This mod is based on regional dex although natdex pokemon and their signature moves and abilities will be allowed. This means that Oricorio and Revelation Dance would be allowed, but moves like Hidden Power wouldn't.
-When it comes to alternate forms, if the pokemon can change forms outside of battle (Giratina-O, Zacian-C and others), both of their forms will be allowed. However, if the pokemon cannot change form (Alolan-Ninetales and others), only the one rolled form will be allowed.
-Since this mod is different from other usual pet mods, I expect it to be shorter. As such, once we are satisfied with the current tiers and meta, I plan to host a tournament before restarting with a new batch of random pokemon.

Council:
:buizel: Mossy Sandwich
I don't plan on adding anyone before I see who's invested in the meta so I'm gonna be doing most of the work by myself, at least early on.

Magmajudis

Title pending
Pet Mod Name: X-Factors (thanks to Rasdanation for the name)
Pet Mod Concept: A mod that creates brand new abilities and distributes them to old mons.
Explanation: Abilities are an essential part of Pokemon ; a mod concentrating on making new ones has the potential to let us understand better what makes an ability good and how a Pokemon could use it without being made totally around it.

The mod would be based on Natdex.

Slates are free-for-all.

Mons can still only have 3 abilities ; If you give a new ability to a Pokemon that already has three, please remove one of it's existing ones.

(you can give the new abilities to Uber Pokemons, but only as a flavor thing)

Don't do rng stuff please, that's not fun (the freeze/evasion/serene grace kind, not the flame body kind that can actually be planned around).

Please don't do clones of things that already exist in vannila or exist in other mods.

Submission template:

Ability Name:
Effect:
Users:
Viable Users:

Miscellaneous: Would be led by a council.

Magmajudis

Title pending
I don't know if submitting multiple mods simultaneously is allowed so if it isn't tell me.

Pet Mod Name: Fill in the Blanks
Pet Mod Concept: Make new mons based around an incomplete set.
Explanation: Every slate, a set would be posted. Then, people will be able to submit a Fakemon that would use that set. The set would be incomplete though; The item might not be specified, or some of the moves (honestly i think it'll be uncommon for the ability to be given).

No custom elements.
Pokemons should be balanced in the OU metagame.
(This would be an OU-based meta)
The Pokemon can have other sets than the one given in the slate, but it should be one of it's main ones.

Name:
Intended Role:
Typing:
Stats:
Ability:
Relevant Moves:
Flavor Moves (optional):
Full Set (optional):
(since the set given in the slates is incomplete you can show how the full one'd look)
Description:
Miscelleanous: Would be led by a council, currently just me.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
This has been a long time coming, and I’m pretty excited to do it, my first pet mod submission :].

This was actually Ema Skye ’s concept but it was handed over to me to lead because this is actually a super cool concept and I’m a big fan of it.

New Horizons
A small group of Pokemon started as the initial population of the meta. This meta is also initially limited in items. Each round, new items will be generated and submissions will need to consider both the new item (it is a requirement that a sub can use at least one of the new items) while also being healthy additions to the meta.

This pool of items includes every item available to put on your Pokémon in Natdex, so Berries to Z moves with the addition of the full gem library, Mega Stones work as they do in Mix and Mega, so when we roll Mega Stones the Pokémon should be built around using the mega stone. Signature items work as they work on the mon that uses them ingame.

This mod is a fakemon meta and will be made with no custom elements

This mod as most mods will be lead by a council, currently only me and Ema Skye, the council will be expanded depending on who we think is most invested in the mod.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
RBY CAP

Pet Mod Name: RBY CAP
Pet Mod Concept: A metagame where the CAP Project is applied to an RBY setting for the purpose of researching the RBY OU metagame.
Explanation: This Pet Mod will go through long, detailed slates dedicated to making a Pokemon set up to succeed in RBY OU. Nothing about the base game will be changed, nor will these be quick like The Pokedex Redone. Each slate will be akin to CAP, but optimized for RBY: concept, threat discussion, stats/typing, learnset, counters, and finally, playtesting. There should be a review prior to playtesting.
Miscellaneous: Council would be myself, Plague von Karma, Enigami, and pacattacc. Yak Attack posted nearly this exact thing earlier but has mostly left Pet Mods and has given me permission in DMs to run this.

:castform:Forecast:castform:
(shoutout to Paulluxx for this name)
weatherwar.png

Ugly banner done by me
Pet Mod Concept: Building a metagame around the modified weather(we don't create new weather, we rework the old ones)
Explanation: For the first 4 slates, we will modify the old weathers( sun, rain, hail, sandstorm), make them at the same power range. After the 4th slate, for each slate, we pick 3 mons that didn't abuse a weather already(or if its role has been done by others better, we will rework them), and we make them viable for one weather each(it's up to your choice, but it must fit flavorwise)
Miscellaneous: The Pet Mod would be led by a council
Council Members(if you want to join, just DM Shrimpy#2311):
:Dragapult: Me :Dragapult:
:groudon-primal: abismal :groudon-primal:
:palpitoad:PalpitoadChamp:palpitoad:
Weather: Sun
Info:Strengthens the power of Fire-type moves by 50% and weakens the power of Water-type moves by 50%(this is the OG sun)
Pokemon: Druddigon
Weather: Rain
Ability: Dry Skin
Replace: Rough Skin
Justification: It's a lizard and lizards tend to have dry skin
New moves: (None)

Attachments

Last edited:
:obstagoon: BATTLE OF THE BANDS :toxtricity:
Pet Mod Concept: Every slate, 3 iconic bands, operas, musicians, and more from a certain decade will be chosen. Players can submit Fakemon based on the band or a song of the band.
Explanation: There are bands and artists from certain eras that everyone has heard of, whether it be Elvis Presley and the Beatles or Eminem and Imagine Dragons. Why not turn all these famous bands and their songs into Fakemon, complete with their own unique lore and a custom move. Also ty for the idea Rasdanation
Some Restrictions: While the pet mod is based on bands and music, we'll do our best not to give everything sound-related abilities and Boomburst. We don't want fakemons to overlap, and each sub will do its best to stand out without needing punk rock boomburst or funny signature move. The meta will remain at OU power levels. This will be a natdex OU based mod, but Z-moves and Megas won't be allowed, and Hidden Power will also be removed.
Example Slate: The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Elvis Presley
Phases: Slate Music is given, Submissions Phase, Voting Phase, Discussion Phase, Band/Opera/Music Subbing Phase, Band/Opera/Music Voting Phase
Council:
:Obstagoon: Paullux :Obstagoon:
:Chatot: Not_Shiva :chatot:
:Swellow: Albatross :Swellow:

Pokemon Name:
Band + Song(Song if applicable):
Type:
Stats:
Ability:
Movepool:
:
:
:
Flavor Movepool(Optional):
:
:
:
Role(s):
Role Justification:
Lore(Optional):
Move Name:
Type:
Category:
Base Power(If Applicable):
Accuracy:
Effect:

Pokemon Name: Subeatle
Band + Song(Song if applicable): The Beatles + Yellow Submarine
Type: Bug / Water
Stats: 100 / 85 / 70 / 110 / 80 / 100
Ability: Swarm / (HA)Liquid Voice
Movepool:
:
Rapid Spin
:
Bug Buzz, Boomburst, Scald, Ice Beam, Psychic, Sail The Sea
:
Quiver Dance
Flavor Movepool(Optional):
: First Impression, Bug Bite, Twineedle, Aqua Jet, Dive, Waterfall
: Brine, Bubble Beam, Whirlpool, Surf, Pollen Puff, Signal Beam, Struggle Bug,
: Water Veil, Rest, Sleep Talk, Life Dew, Water Sport, Rage Powder, String Shot
Role(s): Special Sweeper, Special Wallbreaker
Role Justification: With a good benchmark speed, above-average special attack, and one of the best-boosting moves in Quiver Dance, Subeatle is a potent special sweeper. Liquid Voice Boomburst water stab is also a ridiculously powerful option allowing Subeatle to run a specs set to immediately blow things up.
Lore(Optional): Long ago, a man set out to sea with his trusted Bug Pokemon partner, exploring the world. Whether it be seeing large monstrosities or starving at sea, the trainer and his Pokemon survived, coming back, only for the Bug to have evolved into Subeatle.
Move Name: Sail The Sea
Type: Water
Category: Special
Base Power: 65
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: User switches out after damaging the target

Last edited:

TheRealEGR

formerly E6R
Pet Mod Name: Type Chart Deluxe
Pet Mod Concept: Tired of seeing bad typings like Ice or Grass? Then, this Pet Mod is for you. This Pet Mod aims to buff these typings.
Explanation: People first sub buffs for the typings that the Council will choose. The buffs will be divided in 3 categories (Mechanical Changes, Move Changes (New moves or Edited Moves) and New Users). Then, we vote for our favorite buffs. The winning buff will be talked by the council for a few days and then, we choose another typing for buff.
Miscellaneous: The Council at the moment is composed by:

:heracross:
EGR (me)
:heracross:

:flygon: NeonNitroGlycerin :flygon:
:swampert: Samtendo09 :swampert:

But more people can join the council, so, welcome.

Last edited:
:sm/araquanid: <-> :sm/masquerain:
Pet Mod Name: Forging Links: A Missing Links Spin-Off
Pet Mod Concept: Missing Links added elements to Pokémon in order to let them mirror their counterparts once again. In Forging Links, we would create Fakemon and link it to existing Pokémon in a similar way. Think of how Araquanid was created as a counterpart to Masquerain
Explanation: In this National Dex OU-based Pet Mod, instead of filling-in unfinished pairs between two Pokémon, we create brand new Pokémon, that are hopefully OU viable, to act as counterparts to existing Pokémon. To forge a link to another Pokémon, you can add/subtract BST, add Evolutions, Prevolutions, Mega Evolutions, Regional Forms and Evolutions, Alternate Forms, Signature Z-Moves, and Abilities.
:sm/meditite:
So, say you wanted to create a Fakemon that's a counterpart of Meditate

To make a Meditite counterpart, you'd create a Pokémon with 280 BST and 2 abilities with an evolution that has 410 BST and 2 abilities and a Mega Evolution with 510 BST.

:sm/rockruff:
Now, if you wanted to create a Fakemon that's a counterpart of Rockruff, you'd make a make a Pokémon with a BST of 280 and 4 abilities with an evolution that has 487 BST with 3 forms, 2 of which have 3 abilities and one of which has 1 ability. The evolution's forms would also share a signature Z-Move.
Example Submission
:sm/meditite:
Pokémon: Penguino (Name of Fakemon (hopefully more creative than this lol))
Linking to: Meditite
Type:
(typings have nothing to do with links, so it can be whatever)
Abilities: Swift Swim / Big Pecks (abilities can be changed as long as you have 2 for this link)
Stats: 55/30/40/55/40/60 (280 BST) (Stats can be anything as long as it hits the exact BST required)
Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard Surf, Calm Mind, U-Turn, Knock Off, Psychic, Weather Ball (Put any moves this Pokémon could viably run in a competitive setting here)
Flavor Moves: Aurora Veil, Rain Dance, Brine, Aurora Beam, Thief, Peck, Drill Peck, Aqua Jet, Hail (Put any other moves you want the Pokémon to have here)
Learns Universal Moves?: Yes (Put 'Yes" if you want this Pokémon to have all universal moves. Put "Yes, except for [Move]" if you want to exclude any of the moves, and put "No" if you don't want it to learn any universal moves. The list of universal moves I use is as follows: Attract, Bide, Captivate, Confide, Curse, Double Team, Double-Edge, Endure, Facade, Frustration, Hidden Power, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Rage, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute, Swagger, Take Down, Toxic, Giga Impact (Fully Evolved mons), Hyper Beam (Fully evolved mons))
Weight: 5 kg (Required for weight-based interactions)
Flavor (Optional): It's a penguin, so cute (Flavor isn't required but encouraged. Should also be much more descriptive than this. Flavor can be whatever you want since counterparts don't need to be connected in lore)
Competitive Overview: It's LC (LC would be a thing but you don't have to give an Overview for LC mons unless it's something like Scyther or you purposely make it viable)
:sm/medicham:
Pokémon: Penguinyo
Linking to: Medicham
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Big Pecks
Stats: 60/60/60/75/75/80 (410 BST)
Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard Surf, Calm Mind, U-Turn, Knock Off, Psychic, Weather Ball, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Flash Cannon
Flavor Moves: Aurora Veil, Rain Dance, Brine, Aurora Beam, Thief, Peck, Drill Peck, Aqua Jet, Hail, Force Palm, Brick Break, Drain Punch, Close Combat, Coaching
Learns Universal Moves?: Yes
Weight: 20 kg
Flavor (Optional): It's a feisty Pokémon, so scary
Competitive Overview: An Ice-type Swift Swimmer with good coverage and a pivoting move to boot (Submitters should give a bit more info than this for potentially OU-viable mons, but you get the idea)
:sm/medicham-mega:
Pokémon: Mega Penguinyo
Linking to: Mega Medicham
Type:

Abilities: Adaptability
Stats: 60/60/60/125/85/120 (510 BST)
Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard Surf, Calm Mind, U-Turn, Knock Off, Psychic, Weather Ball, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Flash Cannon
Flavor Moves: Aurora Veil, Rain Dance, Brine, Aurora Beam, Thief, Peck, Drill Peck, Aqua Jet, Hail, Force Palm, Brick Break, Drain Punch, Close Combat, Coaching
Learns Universal Moves?: Yes
Weight: 25 kg
Flavor (Optional): It's a smart feisty Pokémon, so scary
Competitive Overview: Very fast and pretty strong cleaner that keeps up momentum with U-Turn

Templates for Z-Moves and alternate forms would also be provided
Unlike Missing Links, this mod is much more competitively focused, though putting flavor is encouraged. This mod would also follow the continuity of Missing Links, with everything in that mod being carried over and there would be slates to buff the weaker additions from Missing Links. Like Missing Links, custom elements are allowed as long as they're easy for me to code.

Miscellaneous:
- There would be a council

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pet Mod Name: Super Smash Stereotypes
Pet Mod Concept: Stereotypes, but instead of creating Fakémon, the selections come from all other existing mods.
Explanation: It is following the Stereotypes model, but just like Super Smash Mods and unlike Stereotypes, the Pokémon to fill those typing slots come from existing mods. For example, the slate is Grass/Fire/Water, you sub a Fire, Grass or Water type from any of the current Pet Mods available. In order to preserve the sanctity of the mod, Pokémon with form changes that alter the typing would be barred from submission. So stuff like Charizard fusions from FE, or most of Metamorph's catalogue. Just like Smash, the Pokémon would assume the format it was coming from. The same banlist from Smash also applies.
Miscellaneous: No current council ideas yet, but I will be asking around.

:swsh/marshadow: Overcentralized :swsh/zygarde-complete:

Concept
: A micrometa consisting entirely of submitted fakemon, where each fakemon is designed to be a balanced user of a traditionally overpowered combination of moves and/or abilities.

Examples: Belly Drum + Priority, Adaptability + Priority, Disguise + Setup

Slates: Each slate, 1-3 moves or abilities are chosen. Participants may submit 1 fakemon for each framework, with the fakemon needing to be able to viably use their corresponding combination of moves/abilities WITHOUT being overpowered.

Council: Currently just me and Albatross, will open council applications if it gets approved.

Let me know if you have any critiques.

Bobsican

Powerscaler at heart
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Pet Mod Name: Super Smash OMs
Pet Mod Concept: Multiple Pokémon and mechanics from various OMs are pitted against each other
Explanation: This is quite similar to another concept that has been floating around, Super Smash Mods, but the users can submit any Pokémon they want from a particular OM, and such Pokémon would inherit the mechanics of its OM (For example, AAA Pikachu can have, well, Almost Any Ability).

All OMs of this generation (National Dex ones included, so long they do exist) would be allowed for subbing, except some that just wouldn't be compatible out of having mechanics that don't work for 6v6 singles (like Partners in Crime and Chimera 1v1), being based on competitive tiering and so can't be used without being potentially compromised, or just not different at all from a vanilla Pokémon (Tier Shift, ZU), having a win condition as the premise, which can't be carried over (The Loser's Game, First Blood) or just every single species of that OM being easily problematic (Pure Hackmons, Shared Power).

Notes:
- Inheritance and Cross Evolution Pokémon can only inherit from vanilla mons, so no inheriting from some AAA mon, lol.
- Clauses from the respective OM are passed as well to the respective mon, so a Cross Evolution Metang->Charizard would still only be able to use up to two Charizard moves, for example.
- Pokémon from "item-based" OMs like Mix and Mega or Max Berries are the only mons with their "native" compatibility with the items in question. So a M&M Blissey can use any megastone, but Inheritance Pinsir can't use Pinsirite out of dexit, and a Max Berries Hawlucha heals 100% from a Sitrus Berry, while a mon from another OM wouldn't heal as much.
- Similarly, mechanics of a certain OM that affect a particular Pokémon would carry over, but not affect its whole team, for example, Inverse Avalugg takes and deals damage based on a inverted type chart, but this doesn't apply to the rest of its team unless all of them are Inverse Pokémon as well.

Miscellaneous: Submissions would go around for up to a goal of about 50 mons, and would be moderated by a council (At least me for now) to ensure that broken stuff isn't done, although the power level may get a bit high out of the versatility of some OMs. Suggestions would also be open to ensure the meta remains healthy in terms of additions.

Last edited:
:ss/necrozma: :ss/melmetal: :ss/dragapult:
The Magic Number
Summary: This mod aims to create a limited National Dex based metagame where every single fully evolved Pokémon will have their BST increased or decreased to 600.

Rules:
1. Anyone can submit any spread they want, as long as it remains balanced for for metagame (the power level is higher than OU, but lower than ubers), makes sense for the specific Pokémon, and adds up to 600.
2. No other aspect of a Pokémon may be changed other than its stats, even during balance changes.
3. Forms:
a. Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion: These will have a BST of 700.
b. Out of Battle Forms: These may have completely different stats than their base form, even HP. All will have a BST of 600.
c. In Battle Forms with Equal BST to Base: These may have completely different stats than their base form, except for HP. All will have a BST of 600.
d. In Battle Forms without Equal BST to Base: These may have completely different stats than their base form, except for HP. The BST for these will be calculated using the formula: 600 + (Form BST - Base BST) = New BST (Ex. 600 + (:darmanitan-galar-zen: 540 - :darmanitan-galar: 480) = 660. Ash-Greninja, Zygarde-Complete (only form allowed to change the HP stat), and Wishiwashi-School will be capped at 700.
4. There will be no Pokémon with a BST lower than 600 or higher than 700.

Voting:
1. You can vote for up to 3 people for each Pokémon.
2. First place votes are worth 2 points, second and third are worth 1 point. The submission with the most points wins.
3. You can only vote yourself in first place for one Pokémon.
4. In-Battle forms will be counted together with its base form. Out-of-Battle forms will be counted separately.

Resources:
TBD

Council:
:melmetal: Double Iron Bash :melmetal:
:quagsire: Cratersmash :quagsire:

DM me on Smogon or on Discord (at Krankenwagen#5459) if you want to be on the council.

Last edited:
Banner by Albatross
151DF61D-7D50-438A-AC00-32F18FE1424B.png

Crystal: Sevii Islands
The year is 2001, you have been playing Pokémon Crystal, have beaten Red, and completed the Pokédex. Around Christmas time, your grandmother brings you something released exclusively in Japan, and she got it for you! It’s Pokemon Crystal: The Sevii Islands.

The goal of this Pet Mod is to diversify the GSC OU meta and create additions as if generations after generation 2 never existed. The additions will be made as if Pokémon Crystal: The Sevii Islands is a sequel to the original Pokémon Crystal. Flavor wise, this would mean Fakemon should be based as if they exist in the Sevii Islands. Imagine it as if Game Freak asked you to be a part of the creation of the Pokémon Crystal sequel.

Description:Blissey:
Add brand new Pokémon (Fakemon), moves, and items to the GSC OU Metagame. (GSC OU Based Format.)
Physical Moves: Normal, Poison, Ground, Fighting, Bug, Flying, Rock, Ghost.
Special Moves: Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ice, Psychic, Dark, Dragon.
Hidden Power can be physical depending on its respective type.
  • Types: Fairy-type does not exist, Steel resists Ghost and Dark-type damage.
  • Abilities: Abilities do not exist in generation 2.
  • Team Preview: Team preview does not exist in generation 2, the first Pokémon in your team will always be sent out first.
  • Spikes: Spikes only have one layer, the residual damage will always be 1/8 of the Pokémon's maximum HP.
  • Toxic: Starts out by badly poisoning the target (1/16 HP initial damage, then adds 1/16 each turn) like the later gens, but it becomes normal poison (1/8 every turn) if the user switches out.
  • 999 Stat Limit: The maximum number that a stat can have is 999. If a Pokémon reaches 999 before the +6 stage boost, it'll be unable to boost further. For example, a Snorlax has 999 Attack at +5, so it will unable to hit +6 with Curse (Defense will still boost to +6, if lower).
  • Sleep Talk: Sleep Talk can pick Rest. The Pokémon will regain its HP, and the sleep count will reset to the regular two turns of Rest. (It can save you from the sleep count of Sleep Powder/Hypnosis).
  • Roar/Whirlwind: Phazing in GSC needs to go last to work. Furthermore, Roar/Whirlwind priority is set to -1, so if a Machamp uses Vital Throw against a Skarmory trying to Whirlwind him for instance, both moves happen to have -1 priority but Machamp is slower, resulting in Whirlwind failing.
  • Belly Drum: Normally, Belly Drum cuts half of the user's HP and maximizes its Attack; however, if the Pokémon has less than 50% of its HP, it will show a "But it failed!" message. Regardless of the failed message, your Attack will rise to +2 in GSC.
  • Critical Hits: Considering stat stages range from -6 to +6, if the stat stage for the Attack/Special Attack is equal to or lower than the foe's Defense/Special Defense stage, any stat boosts/drops will be ignored on a critical hit (this includes Reflect/Light Screen and burn status Attack drops). If they are higher, nothing will be ignored. A simple example: Machamp landing a critical hit at +0 Attack against a Starmie behind Reflect will deal MORE damage than if he was at +1 Attack.
  • Mean Look: Substitute does not block Mean Look in GSC (This applies to Spider Web as well).
Check here for a larger list!

Slates:Cloyster:
  • Slates will consist of Fakemon slates, new move slates, and new item slates.
  • For Fakemon slates, they will mostly be broken into two parts. First, submitters will come up with concepts for Fakemon and vote for the best ones, and second, submitters will create and submit Fakemon based on the winning concepts.
  • There will also be flavor slates where a certain flavor inspired concept will be given as the prompt for Fakemon submissions. (This is done to diversify the flow of slates.)
  • Slates will mostly follow a pattern similar to this: Fakemon - Move - Item.
Submission Guidelines:Nidoking:
First and foremost, if you are submitting for the first time, don't be overly worried about making mistakes! The council will always make sure to give feedback to submissions that need refining for the GSC OU meta.
Feel free to copy these templates! (When you preview your post, the formatting will be normal.)
Code:
[B]Concept[/B]:
[B]Description[/B]:
[B]Justification[/B]:
Code:
[B]Concept[/B]:
[B]Pokémon Name[/B]:
[B]Typing[/B]:
[B]Base Stats[/B]:
[B]Height[/B]:
[B]Weight[/B]:
[B]Notable Moves[/B]:
[IMG]https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/categories/Physical.png[/IMG]…
[IMG]https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/categories/Special.png[/IMG]…
[IMG]https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/categories/Status.png[/IMG]…
[SPOILER="Flavor Moves"]
[Here you should include any moves that you give to your submission that aren't intended for competitive use. (Ex. You might give a Normal-type Fakemon Tackle since it's a basic move most Normal-type Pokémon have.)]
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER="Description"]
[Here you should talk about your Fakemon's competitive use/any flavor related to it.]
[/SPOILER]
Code:
[B]Move Name[/B]:
[B]Typing[/B]:
[B]BP[/B]:
[B]PP[/B]:
[B]Accuracy[/B]:
[B]Secondary Effects[/B]:
[SPOILER="Description"]
[Here you should talk about your new move's competitive use/any flavor related to it.]
[/SPOILER]
Code:
[B]Item Name[/B]:
[B]Effect[/B]:
[SPOILER="Description"]
[Here you should talk about your new item's competitive use/any flavor related to it.]
[/SPOILER]
Please refer to GSC Mechanical Differences listed above if you are unfamiliar with the differences between new generations and GSC OU.
  • All Pokémon, moves, items, abilities, and mechanics introduced after GSC do not exist in this meta, so that will be very important to remember when making submissions.
  • There are no BST limits, but remember that in GSC all stats can have up to 252 EVs in every stat simultaneously, this means that every stat matters when creating a Fakemon.
  • You can edit your submission at any time before submissions close.
Please note that this is a lot of information, and you are definitely not required/expected to know everything about GSC before making a submission!
Voting opens after submissions are closed. Please wait for some kind of "Voting is open" message before casting votes. Voting templates may vary by slate and will be posted with vote opening messages.
  • You can vote by creating a list of your top choice submissions from most liked to least liked. First place vote gives a submission 3 points, second place vote gives a submission 2 points, and third place vote gives a submission 1 point.
Ex. Fakemon Votes: Person 1 (First Place), Person 2 (Second Place), Person 3 (Third Place), etc.
  • You can vote for as little or as many submissions you want to in each category (this differs if your vote in a category contains a self vote). All points will be weighed on a 3 point scale. This means that after your third place vote, points will count as 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc. Votes after third place are still very important because someone can still win even if they have a 1/8 point lead.
Self Voting Rules
  • You can't vote for yourself as first in more than one category.
  • If one of your votes is for yourself, you must vote for at least two other people in that category.

Council
JosJet:umbreon:Albatross:zapdos:Paulluxx:snorlax:

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Now that some Mods have been completed, we shall approve new Pet Mods once more!
Note: If your submission is not on this list, it does not mean it has been rejected. It simply means it hasn't been approved because other mods may have taken priority over it.

Pet Mod Name: Random Dex
Pet Mod Concept: This is a metagame centered around playtesting in which only 80 randomly selected evolution lines will be allowed.
Explanation: When this mod starts, I will randomly select 80 fully evolved pokemon to become part of the metagame. These pokemon and their pre-evolutions will be the only playable pokemon in the metagame. The goal of the mod is to playtest it and try to figure out how to tier the pokemon available. Each pokemon will go in either Uber, OU or UU. Uber pokemon are going to be pokemon that are too strong for the main format, that being OU. The OU tier will be the main tier where the best (non banned) pokemon will be. Finally, UU will be for pokemon too weak to be in OU. A UUBL list will also be created if needed. All of these tiering actions will be decided based on feedback from the thread and on the discord (Not made yet)
Miscellaneous:
-This mod is based on regional dex although natdex pokemon and their signature moves and abilities will be allowed. This means that Oricorio and Revelation Dance would be allowed, but moves like Hidden Power wouldn't.
-When it comes to alternate forms, if the pokemon can change forms outside of battle (Giratina-O, Zacian-C and others), both of their forms will be allowed. However, if the pokemon cannot change form (Alolan-Ninetales and others), only the one rolled form will be allowed.
-Since this mod is different from other usual pet mods, I expect it to be shorter. As such, once we are satisfied with the current tiers and meta, I plan to host a tournament before restarting with a new batch of random pokemon.

Council:
:buizel: Mossy Sandwich
I don't plan on adding anyone before I see who's invested in the meta so I'm gonna be doing most of the work by myself, at least early on.
Greatly innovative idea with tons of potential for a quite unique metagame. Approved!

Pet Mod Name: Super Smash Stereotypes
Pet Mod Concept: Stereotypes, but instead of creating Fakémon, the selections come from all other existing mods.
Explanation: It is following the Stereotypes model, but just like Super Smash Mods and unlike Stereotypes, the Pokémon to fill those typing slots come from existing mods. For example, the slate is Grass/Fire/Water, you sub a Fire, Grass or Water type from any of the current Pet Mods available. In order to preserve the sanctity of the mod, Pokémon with form changes that alter the typing would be barred from submission. So stuff like Charizard fusions from FE, or most of Metamorph's catalogue. Just like Smash, the Pokémon would assume the format it was coming from. The same banlist from Smash also applies.
Miscellaneous: No current council ideas yet, but I will be asking around.
Now that Smash Mods has been completed, having this as its spiritual successor seems only fitting. The idea itself presents a pretty great concept and does an unique spin on an idea that is already proven to work. Approved!

Pet Mod Name: National Dex BH (v3???)
Pet Mod Concept: Balanced Hackmons with a National Dex.
Explanation: idt i really need to explain it more just check out this link
Miscellaneous: may do some QOL changes that would qualify it as a pet mod; will have a council
Simple concept that greatly expands the BH Metagame. It's quite straightforward, but effective, Approved!

Blindsided
A pet mod where people submit fakemon to adapt a tier without knowledge about what others submit​

Its a metagame where people are asked to submit pokemon but something that makes this metagame different from others is that users can't see what each other do, For submissions for the base of the metagame, DuoM2 sent out DMs to a bunch of people within the Pet Mods community and asked them for a Fakemon that was balanced for the standards of DLC2 OU other details were not specified and had to be asked by the users in question to clarify anything, some of the questions included:
  • If mega evolutions were allowed (with a yes reply)
  • If dexited moves were allowed (with a yes reply)
  • If z crystals were allowed (with a no reply)
  • If regional variants are allowed (with a no reply)
  • If you can allow your submission to benefit from Eviolite (with a yes reply)
  • If custom elements (moves*, abilities, items**) were allowed (with a yes reply***)
So with those its safe to say that the metagame is based on National Dex OU with custom elements allowed and no Z moves.
* Custom Z moves are not allowed
** Custom Items can only benefit the submission of the creator being made that slate (not previous submissions from the same creator or submissions from others), similar to signature items like light ball for pikachu.
*** As long as its reasonably doable or the submitter can code it, you can also use custom moves and abilities created by someone else in a previous slate.

Its important to note only the submitters that asked these questions knew about these, everyone else didn't know these, just to make it clear, you cannot go back and give mega evolutions or signature items to your previous submissions, only work on your new ones.

What makes this metagame different from others is that they showcase the tendencies of the participants in a very different way from other mods, because they don't know what is being made alongside them they don't have the security of "ok this other wall is present in the metagame so i can be comfortable making this attacker", what do they do ? they create the wall ? they create an attacker ? do they just meme it or do gimmicky stuff (i certainly did the last), on the submission stage they will also be asked for predictions to see what they expect others to do and we can even check if their submission influences or follows that (for example, for better or worse i expected a bulkier metagame, at least one submission sharing the type of mine and my guess for the highest average stat and most common type both matched that of my submission), as the mod expands (and will do so greatly because of the amount of submissions being accepted each slate) they will have more of a baseline to work with but the guessing game of "how will they adapt" will still stay very relevant

By taking the metagame to the forum we hope to have a organized thread to discuss the metagame, since we are already starting with a premade base the first few weeks will be dedicated to playtesting and once we have a clear enough grasp of the metagame the participants (others can join) will be asked to submit a second wave of pokemon dedicated to address problems with the metagame and adapt to the top tier threats, the process in a similar way to the first will be done on a blind colaboration route, where people will send their submission via private messages (either here on smogon or on discord) to the host, DuoM2 hosted stage 1 and i'm going to host stage 2, after submissions for the stage end we will go on to another playtesting break where we will finally do a viability rankings, compile metagame resources, and consider balance changes.

Base/First Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VQ2G1bbR3yDVbmmPJAQ7BAqBtGPlmP9u8q3F8Zx26X4
Banlist: Standard NDOU bans and clauses.

With a base already formed it'll actually take some time before the next slate is formed, after the metagame is playable we will do a playtesting phase to check what pokemon perform well, what pokemon perform poorly (if at all) and discuss the metagame, then start a new submission phase with users submitting pokemon made to handle and adapt to the more powerful pokemon in the metagame, its important to do this because the sheer amount of submissions introduced each submission slate can heavily alter what is needed in the metagame and what changes some pokemon would need to fit, the general plan of the mod is to keep going on a submission->playtesting->balancing->submission cycle.

During the submission phase a host will be assigned and their job is simple, they will accept private messages, either via discord or the forum with pokemon submissions, the only duty of the host is compile the submissions giving no information about what other users are doing and only stepping in if the submission might be proven to be detrimental to the mod (mainly due to poor balancing), but other "mistakes" like overlap in roles or typings are not going to be warned.
Fakemon Name:
Weight:
Stats:
Typing:
Abilities:
Movepool:
Name:
Category:
BP: (optional on status moves)
Accuracy: (remember that 100 and "-" are different with the later ignoring accuracy checks)
Typing:
Secondary effect(s): (feel free to skip is there aren't any)
Other properties: (Contact ?, sound ?, bypasses substitute ?, ignores protect ?, self targetting ?, jaw move?, punch move?, etc)

We will try to keep balancing feedback minimal and trust the balance sense of the users (its important to keep the mistery of what others are doing) if we notice people are going out of their way to do seemingly broken pokemon compared to the information already public in the spreadsheet, or ignoring balance warnings, or testing grounds to see how far they can get before a warning we reserve the right to reject the submission. The only requirements to participate in the submission phase (besides messaging the host) its actually participating playtesting phase or discussion phase, since the judgement of someone that actually participates in either is bound to be better than from others.

Council members:
DuoM2 :duosion:
El Cadaver :shiftry:
Has recieved quite a big amount of support by the community as a whole and it seems to be the most anticipated Pet Mod by far. Allows for great community contributions and is overall just a very fun idea. Approved!

:honchkrow:Micrometa Mafia :murkrow:
A Clean Slate Spin-Off​
Pet Mod Concept: We will attempt to create a micrometa of adjusted Pokemon while randomly selected people will attempt to sneak in an unhealthy addition to the meta.

Slates
  • Prior to the slate, people will sign up to participate in the next slate.
  • Slate themes will be the usual slate themes for any micrometa (walls, wallbreakers, speed control, etc.)
  • Based on the number of signups, "saboteurs" will be randomly selected (probably a 3:1 ratio of normal participants to saboteurs). They will be privately assigned to submit something with a trait detrimental to a micro meta, such as a high stat or an oversaturated type. They will know who the other saboteurs are.
  • Submissions will continue as normal; participants will submit adjusted existing Pokemon (think The Pokedex Redone level of things except the name will stay the same) to fit the slate theme
  • I will not be vetoing anything for balance reasons. It is up to the participants of the slate to encourage balance and/or use the voting system to eliminate broken submissions.
Submissions
  • This mod will use the same rules as Clean Slate, which are as follows
Submission phase lasts for a few days. In the submission phase, users submit existing pokemon altered to fit the current slate. The slates will consist of a few requests for a certain role (Stallbreaker, Physical Wall, Offensive Pivot) or a mixture of several roles, which will fill up a corresponding role compendium listed below. Note that your submission can have roles apart from the one it fills, but it should first and foremost fit the slate (Think of gliscor being a stallbreaker but also working as a pretty decent defensive defogger)
The pokemon submitted can be altered in any way, whether that be through typing, stats, abilities, and/or movepools. Custom moves/abilities are allowed as long as they are clones of existing elements. Additionally, if submitting an NFE pokemon, clarify after its name if its Eviolite-compatible (e.g. Boldore (no Eviolite)). Mega-Evolutions are not allowed unless a slate specifically calls for one.

The submission format is the following (example using the OU metagame):

Name of the Pokemon: (e.g. Dragapult)
Role(s): (e.g. Offenisve Pivot, Set up Sweeper, Stallbreaker, Dual Screens)
Type: (e.g Dragon/Ghost)
Abilities: (e.g. Clear Body / Cursed Body | Infiltrator)
Stat Distribution: (e.g. 88/120/75/100/75/142)
Movepool Additions: (e.g. none)
Movepool Removals: (e.g. none)
Custom Elements: (optional, this is where you explain )
Justification: (e.g. Dragapult's most outstanding trait is its extremely high speed, naturally outspeeding all relevant Pokemon in the meta. While Dragon Dance alongside a powerful signature Dragon STAB may seem scary, it has virtually no coverage and no good Ghost STAB. On the other hand, the weaker special sets have outstanding coverage and great STAB options. Other options such as a SubDisable Stallbreaker set or dual screens is also great.)

It should be noted that all submissions should be based around the metagame- If "fast" in this pet mod ends up being around 90-100 a powerful attacker with a "poor" speed of 90 wouldn't be appropriate.

Voting
  • Vote for the top three submissions in any order. Each vote is worth one point.
  • Along with the vote for submissions, there will be a vote to eliminate the "saboteur". Participants will vote for one less the amount of saboteurs (if there are 2 sabouteurs, vote for 1 user to eliminate; if there are 3, vote 2; if there is 1, vote 1). If more than half of the participants vote for a user, they will be "eliminated" and all their submissions that round will be vetoed. You may abstain from this vote. Non-participants may not cast an elimination vote.
  • During the voting period, you may also sign up for the next slate (just end the post with "in"). In order to sign up, you must cast a submission vote. You can also vote while not signing up for the next slate.
  • The two submissions with the highest amount of votes wins. If the submission of a saboteur wins, then that sucks (Pokemon submitted by saboteurs will be labeled "-Saboteur" as a trophy of your achievement. Maybe we can recolor them if we're fancy enough). If not, hooray, a healthy meta.
Council
:quagsire:zxgzxg
:xurkitree:earl

One council member will run the slate and we will switch every slate so that we can both still participate without having an advantage.
The one mod tat can rival Blindsided in anticipation, this is quite an unique way to make a community mod. Presents itself with quite an unique twist and should make for very interesting scenarios, so, Approved!

These are all for now! Keep bringing in new concepts, and enjoy the new mods!

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Pet Mod Name: Extreme Reboot (this name does not have to be spoken in all caps)
Concept: A mod where everything - types, moves, abilities, items, and Pokemon - are all completely scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.
Explanation: I'm sure a lot of you have seen the workshop post. The idea behind EXTREME ROULETTEMONS was great, in my opinion, and people seemed to love the first parts, although the later half struggled a bit more for a few reasons. Those reasons I think are completely cut out with this idea while keeping the strengths. Since we're rebuilding everything from the ground up, there needs to be some kind of structure, which I will go through both for those who have not participated in EXTREME ROULETTEMONS and for those who have not seen the workshop post....

- Before the mod starts, we will NOT be having signups! There was no need for that. I tried it last time for reasons that have slipped my mind, but it's worth noting that this is different since I'd imagine many readers would assume this is the same as EXTREME ROULETTEMONS.
- For Step 1, users will submit type charts. These can have any number of types in them, from just 1 to some crazy number like 50 if the submitter so pleases, although it'd be nice to have something smaller than what mainline Pokemon has but is big enough to reduce redundancy within types. You can make them nonsensical, but in EXTREME ROULETTEMONS, the best type charts tended to be the ones that made sense from an outsider's perspective, with an example being Avian beating Piscine because birds are natural predators for fish. You're allowed to make the type matchups go however you please, make something super effective against half the chart for all I care. Just as long as it's the best you can put out.
- For Step 2, we will do something different and allow people to submit statuses. Burn, Sleep, et cetera won't exist anymore, so it'll be up to the users to fill in the gaps there. I'll allow you to submit up to 5, with 3-6 getting voted in. It's worth noting that this slate and the last are the only two where a voting process will happen, the rest will have submissions automatically get in excluding vetos.
- For Step 3, users will submit moves. Each user will get to add up to ten in total, and there's going to be little restraint on what they do with this. The one exception is something where counterplay would be exceptionally constraining, like making a move that instantly knocks out any opponent that isn't of a specific type. Other than that, you're free to do what you want. They can all be status moves, they can all be one type, I don't care. Ideally we don't want too many entry hazards, though, and there may be a rule limiting this in some way even if I haven't thought of one specifically just yet. Volatile statuses similar to Curse, Seeding, and Trapping are allowed to be made here, but you don't have to do anything with those. Field effects are allowed to be made, like Weathers or Terrain. Just note that current ones will be cut even if you can make one that's functionally identical.
- For Step 4, users will submit abilities. Each user will get seven at most. It's worth noting that there will be next to zero limit on what gets added, you can make Wonder Guard 2 for all I care. Just don't make anything that would be broken no matter what Pokemon you give it to. Also, the reason this is after Step 3 is because people are supposed to make things like weather in Step 3.
- For Step 5, users will submit items. This is where balance will especially start being enforced. I don't want any items that are too centralizing or will limit what Pokemon are allowed to be made, since all of them will be able to access these items. You have to build Pokemon with items in mind unless there's an ability like Klutz, and I don't want anyone to be overly limited in that way.
- For Step 6, users will submit Pokemon. I will probably submit one single-typed Pokemon of each type in advance to set a power level, and then I'll have 2 slates for people to submit Pokemon. Everyone will be able to submit exactly one Pokemon for each slate, and everything will automatically get in unless the council steps in and vetoes something. Once you post a Pokemon, you cannot change it unless a council member asks you to veto it.

Miscellaneous:
- Not something I normally like doing since I'd normally rather leave it to democracy and decide important stuff to myself, but I'm looking for council members. The most important thing I'd want is for you to be able to help me edit the main spreadsheet, although input about what to veto would be greatly appreciated. I am not 100% set on making a council, as I might instead ask people to also make their subs in Google Sheets as well. I will be pretty selective about this, and I might end up getting quite a few people asking, so no hard feelings if I don't choose you.
- In case you missed the mention above I might have people make submissions in a Google Sheet as well as a post to the thread. This is not guaranteed yet.
- I've took the time to make a coverage calculator for this mod, which you can find by clicking here. You'll need to look beneath the sheet and check out the formulas in the grayed-out text to understand how it works, but hey, it might be a nice tool to have. Feel free to make a copy to mess around with it or make your own to share with others.
- uuuuhhhhhh idk if there's anything else i should mention lol
- There shouldn't be any issues if both this and RBY CAP get accepted, I should be fully capable of running both. EXTREME ROULETTEMONS is finishing and any other projects I'm helping with don't take as much effort, aside from my channel which wouldn't get in the way of this either.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

A New Legend
In an era long gone, Sinnoh was still a largely untouched realm by the name of Hisui, unclaimed by modernity and with species that would fade away from the region as time's inexorable march continued. But it is not the only region to have experienced a similar story: Many others' are waiting to be told from the mouths and eyes of their bygone peoples. Are you ready?
Concept
Much like how DLCmons attempted to replicate the SWSH DLC experience in Alola, this mod will call upon the community to create a meta modeled after a hypothetical new Legends game for a region of its choosing. The opening slate will be dedicated to settling upon a region, complete with lore and descriptions about how far back in the past it is compared to its modern counterpart, what's the same and what's different. From there we'll use that foundation to build a meta based on the original dex of that region complete with:
-Regional variants
-Pokedex changes, whether it be additions from other gens or removals for flavor
-Evolutions
-And more!

Notes
-Sinnoh will be barred from selection for obvious reasons as well as potentially Alola as to not step on DLCmons' toes. To make things more interesting I am strongly considering allowing people to nominate spinoff regions in the first slate: If the people want Legends Orre or Legends Almia, so be it.
-If the region added is from before Gen 4, any cross-gen evos and other direct family extensions will automatically be added to the Pokedex (e.g. if we do Kanto we'll get all the Gen 2/4 evos and Miltank by default, suck it LGPE)
-Assuming this is approved, it likely won't begin until some time after Legends Arceus' release. In addition to wanting a fuller picture of what the game will do in regards to forms and new things like items and moves, I'm also curious to see how much of its mechanics can be implemented on Showdown.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Pet Mod Name:
Noble Items (Gen 8 edition)

Pet Mod Concept:
Noble Items is a Pet Mod that aims to give items a more decisive role in the metagame by:
  • boosting competitively unviable items;
  • differentiating items with the same effects;
  • giving competitively useless items brand new effects;
  • bringing some scrapped items from past Generations into the current metagame;
  • trying to make base forms with items more appealing than Megas, and Z-Crystals less appealing in general (yes it's a National Dex metagame)
tl;dr: It's an item Pet Mod.
Explanation: Some of you may be familiar with Noble Items, the first item-based Pet Mod, having originated in Gen 6 to great success, it was shortly carried over to Gen 7 to not-so-great success, and featured in the original Super Smash Mods. There are currently no item-based Pet Mods (Item Factory and Accessorize are dead and completed respectively) so it's about time we get a new one.
Unlike past gens, Noble Items won't be trying to change ALL items, making it more accessible, easy to code and balanced. Not sure on the final number yet.
For the same points as above, it will also be a reboot, as the previous versions of Noble Items reached over 80 buffed items.
Since item-based Pet Mods haven't had much playtesting, I have some ideas as to how to make the Pet Mod actually work. For example, removing all competitively viable items (a Clean Slate(trademark) of items, for something similar see Extreme Roulettemons' items) if the items end up too underused, or making every item be announced to the foe, if the items end up too strong and unpredictable.
Miscellaneous: Instead of the previous format of slates & voting, people will submit to Noble Items by first signing up and being given a set of items to submit. They will be able to ask for a theme or one specific item if they want to, and will be given 4 or 5 items to work with. I (maybe a council) will be vetoing only uncompetitive submissions. I believe this format is more manageable cause there is no week-by-week formality of slates and doesn't require weekly activity by submitters, so it is more fast-paced. It will also make it easier to not have overlaps, like for example someone wanting Icy Rock to be auto-hail item and someone else wanting to give Never-Melt Ice the same effect, in which case I would have to veto one of them, then give enough time for the vetoed person to change their submission... the kinds of things that I don't want to deal with when running a Pet Mod.

Last edited:
Fresh Takes V4
Each slate, 3 pokemon and 3 "Takes" are posted. Each pokemon must be submitted to fit one of the 3 Takes. Takes contain a rule for the pokemon's Typing, Stats, Ability, and Movepool, which all must be followed. You can submit multiple pokemon based on the same Take, but you may not submit one pokemon multiple times.

EX: The three pokemon are
, &

and the three Takes are:

Take 1: filler
Take 2: filler
Take 3: filler

You are allowed submit
, &
all under Take 1
You are not allowed to submit
for Take 1,
for Take 2,
for Take 3, because you submitted Charizard multiple times.

For Type, the rule of a Take is based around being single/double typed, and keeping/changing the original type of the pokemon
For Stats, the rule of a Take is based around placing certain limits on base stats. (Unless there is an exception, the maximum BST of a pokemon cannot be above 570)
For Abilities, the rule of a Take is more varied than all the rest. Sometimes it will be based on Singles ability rankings, other times it will not
For Movepool, the rule of a Take is based on movepool additions/removals, which can also be based on type changes

As for custom moves/abilities, they may only be added to a pokemon when a Take allows them to be added, and they must be balanced & easy to code.

Voting will be based on the pokemon, not the Take. In our example, you would vote for the
, &
you want to add to the meta, rather than the Take 1, Take 2, or Take 3 you want to add to the meta.

You will vote for 3 of each pokemon in order: 1st gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2 points, 3rd gets 1 point.

For self votes, you may vote for any of your own submissions, but they cannot be 1st place.

Fresh Takes has always been a really cool concept to me, but V3 is dead and the owner has not posted on smogon for over a year. This would be a reboot of Fresh Takes V3, meaning that we would be starting from scratch.

The pokemon created in Fresh Takes will be based on the Gen 8 OU meta. However, pokemon that are currently not in Gen 8 OU (meaning snapped pokemon) will be included in the slates. Moves that have been snapped will not return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)