Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that Kyurem might end up with Reshiram/Zekrom's abilities, but keep its Dragon/Ice typing, and then possibly modify the abilities to give the equivelant of a STAB boost to Fire/Electric moves, based on the ability. It just seems to me that Resh and Zek's abilities seem so pointless that there might be something else attached to those abilities that nobody has figured out yet. So Black Kyurem would be Dragon/Ice type, but Terravolt would give its Electric moves a boost, and White Kyurem would stay Dragon/Ice as well, but would grab Fire STAB from Turboblaze. Would this be possible?

I'm going to say something totally random: I hope Absol gets Close Combat as an Egg/Level up move. It's not a top tier Pokemon in higher tiers but I've always been a fan. Arcanine got it (coincidentally, Absol is egg-group compatible with Arcanine). I like to imagine it was due to honorary Musketeer status since he also got Justified in the DW. Absol is somewhat like them too. He even has the horn and got Justified as well. Here' a little trivia of the type I tend to notice. Every Pokemon with Justified (DW or not) has access to Close Combat except Absol. A powerful Fighting type move that doesn't lower his Attack would rock.

I'm going to say something totally random: I hope Absol gets Close Combat as an Egg/Level up move. It's not a top tier Pokemon in higher tiers but I've always been a fan. Arcanine got it (coincidentally, Absol is egg-group compatible with Arcanine). I like to imagine it was due to honorary Musketeer status since he also got Justified in the DW. Absol is somewhat like them too. He even has the horn and got Justified as well. Here' a little trivia of the type I tend to notice. Every Pokemon with Justified (DW or not) has access to Close Combat except Absol. A powerful Fighting type move that doesn't lower his Attack would rock.
He likely got Justified because of his actual shtick: foretelling disaster.
People heap blame on it and well GUESS WHO WAS RIGHT
GUESS WHO HAD YOUR BEST INTEREST IN MIND
THIS GUY

But Close Combat would be an interesting attack to get. The thing is already frail...maybe we'll at least get Close Combat move tutor? I could easily see that being spread to a whole bunch of Pokemon that might like to have it in their repertoire.

Speaking of move tutors and superpower: just give the machop line superpower naturally at this point, okay?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Lol a Close Combat tutor, yeah, that surely wouldn't increase the power creep even more... I'm perfectly fine with Absol getting it as an Egg move, though.

But I'd be more interested in a Quiver Dance Gardevoir. Just saying~

Lol, the power creep is growing with every new generation, and even within generations. A Close Combat tutor would make that power creep grow even further.

you're all reading way too much into the new formes.

it's purely cosplay.

zekrom and reshiram costumes are obviously new props, and kyurem's simply just getting his musical on down in nimbasa town.

omg that makes sense, i think they'll bring another improvement to the musical too! And maybe pokeathlon in Nimbasa?? Thats gonna be awesome.

Going back to the power creep thing, I wouldn't actually mind if GF would just DELETE or dramatically weaken loads of moves, to keep the games interesting... Otherwise, when we reach gen 9 we're gonna have pokes in UU with BST's of 720 and attacks of minimum 230 base power. I know this is very exaggerated, but it does kind of configurate what is slowly happening/bound to happen.

Going back to the power creep thing, I wouldn't actually mind if GF would just DELETE or dramatically weaken loads of moves, to keep the games interesting... Otherwise, when we reach gen 9 we're gonna have pokes in UU with BST's of 720 and attacks of minimum 230 base power. I know this is very exaggerated, but it does kind of configurate what is slowly happening/bound to happen.
In addition, it would be great if all the pokemon types are made more balanced. Some types like Dragon and Fire have attacking moves of very high base powers, while others like Dark and ghost have weak attacking moves. It would also be great if, when the new generation comes in, it would have more of bulky/defensive pokemon, both in typing and stats, which should hopefully neutralize this power creep we've always had.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Faulty thinking- Power creep does not just mean Attack and SpA. Power Creep can also refer to adding ridiculously bulky Pokemon as well.

Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Cofagrigus. They're all getting bulkier and more powerful, so old contenders like Tauros and Persian are getting swept under the rug.

I'd honestly like to see a Recover tutor. Cofagrigus, Tangrowth, Bronzong - there are plenty of defensive pokemon out there who are great walls but held back by their lack of recovery. Give it to them, and we now have a way to check the offensive behemoths that run free.

Obligatory Aura Sphere tutor would be nice too.

I think there will be some good tutors. I was looking through the HGSS list and noticed that there are relatively few terrible moves among them.
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/movetutors.shtml

Former TM moves are good candidates:
Focus Punch
Roost
Sleep Talk
Dark Pulse

I also expect a bunch of usual suspects to return:
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
etc.

A return of the Sucker Punch tutor is tantalizing too.
If they were also kind enough to give it to a few Gen V Dark types:
A Work Up set might be viable on Hydreigon with access to Sucker Punch.
Scarfy could make use of priority on the BU set and it laughs at status mindgames due to Shed Skin.
Sucker Punch Krookodile could be quite interesting as it has Moxie, Bulk Up, is already quite fast, and has ground STAB for Steels.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Faulty thinking- Power creep does not just mean Attack and SpA. Power Creep can also refer to adding ridiculously bulky Pokemon as well.
Yes, you're right... But we don't have it. At best, min/maxing has finally reached defensive pokémon in BW, but it doesn't help when they make shit like Excadrill in BW and ridiculous moves such as Outrage and Hi Jump Kick in DPPt/BW. They're making the game be... too fast (not talking about Speed), and that's not a good thing. They probably will never edit the pokémon's stats, but nerfing the Base Power would do wonders for the game.

They're not nerfing base powers they're upping them. I think they want the game to be faster paced. It is being made more offensive and the quicker double and triple battles (or 3 on 3 singles) are being emphasized. Especially as they're holding more regular tournaments, maybe they don't want to wait forever for rounds to complete. I don't mind the faster pace.

Defensive Pokemon are getting screwed over, IMO. Umbreon, Bronzong, Leafeon. They just can't defend against Close Combats, Fire Blasts, and Bullet Punches from Pokemon with a massive Attack or Special Attack like they used to.

omg that makes sense, i think they'll bring another improvement to the musical too! And maybe pokeathlon in Nimbasa?? Thats gonna be awesome.
this post is obviously a joke but Pokeathlon is pretty fun and I wouldn't mind them putting it back.

Something tells me they'd make a Slack Off or Milk Drink Tutor before Recover. They always go for the more obscure/signature moves to make into a Tutor like Aqua Tail, Super Power, and Seed Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)