Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, wow. I guess those rumors are a little bit more believable now......

Uh wait....... yeah I just looked at the the dates those articles were released, that one posted before the the rumors, so someone could conjure up those rumors around that article. Still, it would be a really good troll, not as great as that one guy who trolled all over pokebeach.

Its not small bits, the climax of the plot is either Ruby Sapphire or Emerald. You cant add emerald to RS "like they did with Crystal".
Either they battle and Rayquaza stops them, or not, you cant have both *facepalm*
If yes, its Emerald, no point in making two of them,
if no, you have an uncompleted story.

RS were made with Emerald in mind unlike the games before. RS were incomplete BY DESIGN, so emerald can complete them.
You can, however, make RS remakes with a Battle Frontier and, you really care, you can make Team Magma show up at that space center (or Team Aqua at a Sapphire remake). They can even move Team Magma's base to Mt. Mortar in a Ruby remake if they want to. You can't have both Groudon and Kyogre showing up to be stopped by RAyquaza, of course. But you can have literally everything else.

I think Secret Bases via StreetPass would be amazing, given how StreetPass has been successful so far. Battling Random people you pass on the street sounds awesome.
Brilliant idea, really.

Randomly exploring the game and you notice secret bases that weren't there the day before and so on.

Actually, I read somewhere (I think GameFAQs) that that article is just speculation on the magazines part ("will there be new gym leaders?") and they use screenshots from BW.

And just an aside since I mentioned GameFAQs, I recommend mostly avoiding the BW and BW2 boards, as there are way too many horny teens clamoring over female Pokemon characters. I don't see the appeal in Elesa, but that's just me I guess...

Apart from new moves with rapid spin's effect, a rapid spinner with decent offenses and STAB (Special) Dark attacks would be effective. That would be a huge deterrent to casually switching in Ghosts. It would probably spin more often that not. But I think they'd be more likely to gve us a Ghost rapid spinner so it's pursuit weak and doesn't entirely dominate spin blockers.

As for the rumors, I'm keeping my hopes in check but as I said way back, two 'third games' don't make sense to me unless there's a lot of new content. Otherwise, they'd basically be releasing four versions of the same game in a single generation. That seems a bit excessive even for Gamefreak.

I also think that their naming the games BW2 rather than a color variation, like Grey, implies a more substantial update than is customary. Even successive generations are not given numbered names but these games are. I doubt GF would go out of its way to name them as a sequels and release a mere varation of the original game. That'd be really trollish...lool.

I'm still not sure how different the games will be because direct sequels within a single generation is new territory for the series. But they come out in a few months. We'll know soon.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
So...I had the CRAZIEST idea for this game. What if we had an entry hazard move that inflicted a burn instead of poison when the pokemon switch in?? You could get rid of them by sending in a fire type to absorb them just like you get rid of toxic spikes by sending in a poison type.

Another crazy idea is an item to make trick room and wonder room last longer (sort of like how light clay works with reflect and light screen).

You know what I want in B/W2? A fix to Moody. Glaile needs OU usage. :P
Bwhahaha, I can get behind that. I know it's pretty near impossible to balance a game with this many pokemon and types, but some types are just generally gimped (ice/poison/flying). Ice used to be nice, back in the good old RBY days you'd see lots of Cloyster/Lapras/Jynx. And the good old Regice in RSE. Just been a slow decline since then. We have what...1 fake legendary (Arceus-ice) plus 2 OU and 2 BL? (Cloyster/Mamoswine/Abom/Kyurem) out of twentyish? Would love to see a screw-you-fighting-types entry hazard for a change :p

Lawl, they've shown the boxarts in the show.

Next week a legendary battle (just Kyurem formes fighting I guess. Pkmn smash sucks big time xD)

Lawl, they've shown the boxarts in the show.

Next week a legendary battle (just Kyurem formes fighting I guess. Pkmn smash sucks big time xD)
Just posting to confirm that the only BW2 news (beyond maybe something about the Global Link Spring season but not 100% sure) was showing the box arts.
That was it
That was all they showed

So...I had the CRAZIEST idea for this game. What if we had an entry hazard move that inflicted a burn instead of poison when the pokemon switch in?? You could get rid of them by sending in a fire type to absorb them just like you get rid of toxic spikes by sending in a poison type.

NONONONONONONONO

Another crazy idea is an item to make trick room and wonder room last longer (sort of like how light clay works with reflect and light screen).

N-Wait this is actually a really great idea (with the addition of Magic Room as well)

As for the rumors, I'm keeping my hopes in check but as I said way back, two 'third games' don't make sense to me unless there's a lot of new content. Otherwise, they'd basically be releasing four versions of the same game in a single generation. That seems a bit excessive even for Gamefreak.
Well, in Gen I they had four versions in Japan (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), but that's kind of a stretch.

Still, I really doubt these are two "third versions" given what they've said about them.

A Rapid Spinner that's good against Ghosts would be a HORRIBLE thing to add to the game. First of all, if it's actually usable it will pretty much mean the end of entry hazards. Second, if it's a good Pokemon it'll appear on EVERY TEAM. I'm talking beyond the level of Scizor, here. Third, if it's a moderately bad Pokemon, we get to see players bend over backwards to run sub-par Pokemon. None of these seem like reasonable outcomes.

I know (...I think) you're just talking about Rapid Spin still spinning away hazards even if against ghosts but all I can think about is Rapid Spin Scrappy Miltank

If any of the scrappy Pokemon were to learn it, it would be Miltank.

I think a recover tutor would be brilliant, recover wobbefett would be an absolute nightmare or imagine a ferrothorn can wall youre entire team bar mixape for example you hit you miss the ko it recovers lives another overheat and ko's with somthing that would be horrible

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just pointing out that exciting as Recover Wobb would be, GF will probably not give it the move even if there is a tutor for that move. For gimmick Pokemon, they tend to stick to their "concept". Wobb's "concept" isn't to stall and KO as many as possible, it's to get 1 solid KO in using its high HP.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Also keep in mind that GameFreak don't make the games with competitive gameplay in mind. They're doing it for fun and profit (rather, the latter as caused by the former). They take some measures to prevent over-centralization or total brokenness, but in general, those are tertiary concerns.

However, as evident by Smogon's tiering system, they have done some blunders. I think Moody is the biggest one. It ended out more powerful than intended, I think. The Pokémon having it all end up invincible just by staying in.
Not far behind trails Stealth Rock. The idea was brilliant, but the execution... oh my. Stealth Rock ended up punishing only some Pokémon, shutting them out from even friendly multiplayer (the sort of metagame GameFreak cares the most about) usage, while totally ignoring others. It might be a balancing force in the metagame, we regard it as something that keeps Volcarona and Dragonite in check, but generally it screws over some Pokémon far too badly. Most notably the likes of Charizard or Yanmega. To put Stealth Rock bluntly, "it's not fair!".
Contrast Regigigas. It needed something to compensate for its mighty stats, so they added an ability that not only hindered it. However, somebody must have thought this wasn't enough, so they removed all sorts of recovery whatsoever, and Protect. Regigigas is not only hindered, it's neutered and urinated all over.

Anyway, drifting off-topic, I just wanted to say: Keep in mind that GameFreak aren't designing their games for us. They do it to satisfy their target group. They have to maintain in-game balance, they make the game so that every play-through doesn't end up the same. Kids battling their friends, or perhaps Global Link battles, are as far into competitive battling as they want to go to make some balance to it. In that regard, it's almost safe to say that we won't get another Stealth Rock. Imagine what an Electric version would do to Gyarados beside the original Rocks, for instance. Or how Volcarona would fare if another instant-damage entry hazard is added alongside the Rocks and Spikes. We'd be talking ZHKO. Fan-favourite Pokémon becoming practically useless, GF would hate to see that. Giving Stealth Rock so widespread usage was a mistake they won't do again. Don't ever expect it to return as a freely available move like a TM or a Tutor Move. At least not before they add more field-clearing moves (I think Gen. VI will bring some).

So yeah, expect Acid Spray and Quick Guard tutors. Of course we'll see a few more powerful moves too, like Sludge Wave or Hurricane or something. It's the way it has always been. I'm excited anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)