Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I can confirm this.
nice, i was planning on using my masterball on the terakkion and i really didnt want to have to keep resetting for good iv cobalion. so i can ko it, catch terakion, then as soon as i beat the e4 for the second time (since i've already beatin it but not n or ghetsis) it'll respawn?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know that the legends respawn, but I'm not sure if KOing Cobalion allows you to catch the other two. Can someone confirm that?

Finally got a hitmonchan with drain punch and mach punch for timburr, an arbok with dark pulse for zweilous, and a minun with encore for Cottonee transferred from soul silver. It's annoying how you have to transfer six pokemon at a time, but catching three hoothoots was easy enough.

Breeding is much more convenient in this game. Having volcarona is a plus. I've only been at it for a half hour or so and I already have 4 adamant guts timburrs. It's pretty cool how the day care guy calls you over when an egg is ready.

By the way, if you need an everstone, I got one within minutes by using thief on roggenrollas in wellspring cave.

Monferno can't learn Drain Punch in Gen IV, right? I'm not too experienced with breeding egg moves, so I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. Can Timburr only have Mach Punch and Drain Punch at the same time with a Hitmonchan father?

I used Hitmonchan. Couldn't find a male chimchar line on the gts without needing a lvl 9 mew or something. That's one of the few nitpicks about black and white: they didn't update the almost useless GTS at all

Just got the Surf TM from Alder, and I've been everywhere with it. Took a trip down Wellspring Cave, and got the Focus Blast TM. I taught it to my Zoroark and Archeops, and then to my Reuniclus when it evolved on Route 3 just afterwards. In Mistralton Cave now, looking to catch an Axew for the dex and to get the Rock Slide TM for Archeops.

Current team is Zoroark/Lilligant/Eelektross/Lampent/Reuniclus/Archeops.

so i just bought the magikarp off of marvelous bridge, i was originally buying it to use as an HM slave, but it has adamant nature with an IV spread close to 20, 20, 10, 10, 20, 26. Would it be a good idea to EV train it and find a different slave? what are some good HM slaves 5th gen? sorry if it's already been asked like a billion times...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
so i just bought the magikarp off of marvelous bridge, i was originally buying it to use as an HM slave, but it has adamant nature with an IV spread close to 20, 20, 10, 10, 20, 26. Would it be a good idea to EV train it and find a different slave? what are some good HM slaves 5th gen? sorry if it's already been asked like a billion times...
Well, post-game, you can find Lv47+ Bibarel by the Village Bridge.

Did a trade (and a GTS negotiation) today, and oh boy isn't this new system nice. You can still only trade one Pokémon at a time, right? Whatever, the fact that I can access my boxes alone is enough to make this thing much better than it was in the past.

Also, the negotiations seem interesting, although I always feel a bit awkward while trying to choose something the other player might like... got a Japanese lv.16 Dusknoir (oh god I didn't know you could find Dusclops at that low of a level in Gen IV) and gave the guy my Accelgor, and to my surprise he continued to spam more Pokémon after we were done, but my awkwardness level was so high I had to log out. Quite a dumb move, I guess, since I'm always reading about people who show three Zekroms and spam the angry face at anything you offer. Oh well.

And lastly, the GTS would have been so much better if you could filter Pokémon you're not interesting in seeing out of it. Goodbye, thousands of level 9 Reshirams and Zekroms.

Did a trade (and a GTS negotiation) today, and oh boy isn't this new system nice. You can still only trade one Pokémon at a time, right? Whatever, the fact that I can access my boxes alone is enough to make this thing much better than it was in the past.

Also, the negotiations seem interesting, although I always feel a bit awkward while trying to choose something the other player might like... got a Japanese lv.16 Dusknoir (oh god I didn't know you could find Dusclops at that low of a level in Gen IV) and gave the guy my Accelgor, and to my surprise he continued to spam more Pokémon after we were done, but my awkwardness level was so high I had to log out. Quite a dumb move, I guess, since I'm always reading about people who show three Zekroms and spam the angry face at anything you offer. Oh well.

And lastly, the GTS would have been so much better if you could filter Pokémon you're not interesting in seeing out of it. Goodbye, thousands of level 9 Reshirams and Zekroms.
First off...You COULD access the boxes from the GTS in Gen 4...I think Platinum, but maybe even Diamond and Pear >_>

Second, if you went with blocking out Pokemon like you said (Level 9 Reshirams and Zekroms), there wouldn't be any results! XD

First off...You COULD access the boxes from the GTS in Gen 4...I think Platinum, but maybe even Diamond and Pear >_>

Second, if you went with blocking out Pokemon like you said (Level 9 Reshirams and Zekroms), there wouldn't be any results! XD
You can't even get a level 9 reshiram or zekrom in game, so it's better to block those results than let them taunt you for eternity.

^A whole lot of trainers on the post-e4 routes use only the lowest stage pokemon. I guess it's gamefreak's way of giving us pokedex entries for the GTS.

He probably means during actual player-to-player trades, not just the GTS where you choose what Pokemon to deposit/trade.

The pokémon moving slowly at low health is on purpose, since the poke is really weak well it cant move as fast. Its not a bug.
Sounds like an excuse worthy of one Nintendo would say...

Either way I have found the slowdowns an annoying pain in the ass as well. Sure it's nice they turn on the different music and such, but there shouldn't be any excuse to slow down the stuff as well, unless it's some programming error somewhere or something (in which case they fail at debugging).

I haven't ran into any Chansey/Blissey yet, but there also seems to be a slowdown in HP dropping with that Luvdisc ripoff as well, though it seems to be the only one affected by it, I have yet to see any other slowdowns on other Pokemon, so that's good imo.

Sounds like an excuse worthy of one Nintendo would say...

Either way I have found the slowdowns an annoying pain in the ass as well. Sure it's nice they turn on the different music and such, but there shouldn't be any excuse to slow down the stuff as well, unless it's some programming error somewhere or something (in which case they fail at debugging).

I haven't ran into any Chansey/Blissey yet, but there also seems to be a slowdown in HP dropping with that Luvdisc ripoff as well, though it seems to be the only one affected by it, I have yet to see any other slowdowns on other Pokemon, so that's good imo.
Of course Alomomola's hp will go down slower. It has 165 base hp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)