Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

The backstories of the legendaries are amazing in this game. I was just grinding away, beat down Cheren and then some lady tells me there is a storm. I go and it's Blue-Genie-Zeus wrecking shit up.
Then I go after Cobalion and now i'm after Virizion. The map on this game is amazingly diverse without being too ridiculous or monotonous (lol sinnoh hail erry'where).

Is Vanniluxe as horrible as I think, or is it actually a fun challenge?
It's so fun to use. Just blasting everything with Icy Wind until you get Ice Beam and then you blast everything with Ice Beam.
It was probably one of my more used Pokemon, especially once I got the scarf on it.

How are people checking the IVs of baby pokemon?
I saved every rare candy I got in game and ended up with 9 of them. Save the game, then use every rare candy on what you're trying to check. Enter the stats from level 6-10 in metalkid's IV calculator. Fill out all other information; you can get the Hidden Power type from the guy in Mistralton City's pokecenter. This will give you very accurate results.

After that, soft reset and repeat the process on the next pokemon.

The IV judge in the battle subway will help you save time by weeding out the crappy babies.

Metalkid provides the best IV calculator because it allows you to fill out the stats for every level. It doesn't take the potential and highest stats into consideration but it still gives you the most accurate results at low levels.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not really since you can check 6 Pokemon at once on Revolution and then quit the match. But you can only check 3 at a time in the Subway and you have to soft reset to check others.

So I assume that's how people are doing? Dammit...
1. One Audino
2. Metalkid's IV calculator
3. ???
4. Profit!

If you need more Rare Candies, there's a guy in the top-left-cornered city (You need to take the train from Nimbasa's Battle Subway) who gives away a whole lot of stuff (PP up, Vitamins, etc.). You can get a Rare Candy if you're lucky

I was gonna say that you can get Rare candies in the Battle Subway. I checked to be certain. I found out that they cost FREAKING 48BP. Trollfreak is everywhere.

Awesome. Thanks a lot guys. I like the Audino way since everyone uses some HP EVs, meaning they won't hurt. And I bet a level one pokemon would gain a shit ton of EXP from a level 65 Audino for more accurate results.

One more question: Does having multiple Magma Armor or Flame Body Pokemon make hatching faster, or do they not stack?

Am I the only one having trouble training my Archen? It dies to everything, and the fact that just about everything I face in Chargestone has a SE-attack doesn't help either. Are the first few levels (lv 26 now) just a little harder to break through?

You just need to wait until it gets acrobatics and then it's gg from there. Unless you weren't soft resetting at the fossil guy and got a crappy one. Also, chargestone cave is good while after you get the fossil. Did you wait a while?

Check out this deino I just hatched:

Monozu - #633 (Modest)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 11
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 26, 28
Speed: 31

Hot damn.

Am I the only one having trouble training my Archen? It dies to everything, and the fact that just about everything I face in Chargestone has a SE-attack doesn't help either. Are the first few levels (lv 26 now) just a little harder to break through?
That place is really painful for him. It gets a lot better once you can get him some decent moves and he evolves.

Excellent hatch as well.

You just need to wait until it gets acrobatics and then it's gg from there. Unless you weren't soft resetting at the fossil guy and got a crappy one. Also, chargestone cave is good while after you get the fossil. Did you wait a while?

Monozu - #633 (Modest)

Hot damn.
I'm so envious lol

Would breeding Steel Wing onto Unfezant be much help in making it a little easier to use?

Fly/Return/Steel Wing/Roost?
If you really want to make the effort but it doesn't need it just use other Pokemon to take out rock types. You still won't do any damage against steels anyways.

I just beat the Elite Four, and N/Ghetsis. I think I have a pretty sweet in-game team of Emboar, Excadrill, Leavanny, Scrafty, Sigilyph, and Caracosta. Does it really matter the order in which I do the post-game stuff, or anything goes, really?

Also, I'm working on completing the Unova Dex before I start on the National Dex. Which Pokémon can not even be SEEN in White? So far I haven't even found any in-game trainers using Vullaby/Mandibuzz, and I assume I won't even be able to see Tornadus. Are those the only ones?

And finally, I want to start building some of my PO teams in game, and I need Landorus. I was told I need to have both other genies in my party to even find it in the Ancient Shrine. Is this true? If so, I'm going to borrow my buddy's DS + copy of Black on Thursday when I go to his place before I go any further. =P

Thanks!

I was gonna say that you can get Rare candies in the Battle Subway. I checked to be certain. I found out that they cost FREAKING 48BP. Trollfreak is everywhere.
Some Trainers in the Big Stadium and Small Court give items, notably Rare Candies, and even better PP Ups and Maxes. You can go back every day for rebattles. It's also quite good for levelling, if you don't want to Audino farm or do an E4 run.

And of course there's always Pickup.

Also, I'm working on completing the Unova Dex before I start on the National Dex. Which Pokémon can not even be SEEN in White? So far I haven't even found any in-game trainers using Vullaby/Mandibuzz, and I assume I won't even be able to see Tornadus. Are those the only ones?
Those, plus Landorus of course, and the event legendaries. There may be a few others you have to own to see (Zweillous springs to mind) but you can own them. And yes you need Tornadus and Thundurus to get Landorus.

An aside: White Forest is a bit over-hyped. Sure you can catch a bunch of Pokemon there - if you Entralink with Black and get characters into White City. Without access to Black, White's supposed great advantage isn't so great.

Monozu - #633 (Modest)

Hot damn.
You son of a bitch. Go and decimate everything with that. Now. I demand it.

You son of a bitch. Go and decimate everything with that. Now. I demand it.
lol...if it makes you feel any better, this took a whole lot of work. First was the breeding chain for good fathers on soul silver, and then the breeding itself. It's been 5 days since I started breeding and I only have Timburr and Deino done. Working on Whimsicott now.

... IV Breeding is too much work... I'll stick to making sure I just have a good nature. And if I go competitive this gen (not likely), I'll use PO...

I have a quick question regarding teams. I have both Black and White and I'm considering the following teams:

White:
Snivy (Serperior)
Lillipup (Stoutland)
Panpour (Simipour)
Sandile (Krookodile)
Darumaka (Darmatian)

Black:
Oshawott (Samurott)
Pansaer (Simisear)
Munna (Musharna)
Sawk
Cottonee (Whimsicott)

The question is, which Pokemon should I have for the final slots? I'm considering getting Venipede for one of them, but I can't decide which one.

I have a quick question regarding teams. I have both Black and White and I'm considering the following teams:

White:
Snivy (Serperior)
Lillipup (Stoutland)
Panpour (Simipour)
Sandile (Krookodile)
Darumaka (Darmatian)

Black:
Oshawott (Samurott)
Pansaer (Simisear)
Munna (Musharna)
Sawk
Cottonee (Whimsicott)

The question is, which Pokemon should I have for the final slots? I'm considering getting Venipede for one of them, but I can't decide which one.
Personally, I would stick Joltik on one of those teams, you're lacking a good Electric-type.

Hell yes. The second Darumaka I hatch:

Adamant
HP- 25
Atk- 31
Def- 18
SpAtk- 26
SpDef- 23
Spe- 26

I'm quite pleased.

... IV Breeding is too much work... I'll stick to making sure I just have a good nature. And if I go competitive this gen (not likely), I'll use PO...
The only reason I IV breed is because the console games run perfect Pokemon, and the only way to beat them is with your own, perfect Pokemon.

Mine is Naughty (got that on my 3rd try, after a Calm and a Sassy one). Naughty (+Atk, -SpD iirc) seemed good enough for me. I indeed waited for a while, not knowing I could get it any earlier. My brother reminded me.

If you know 4th gen RNG, you shouldn't have much trouble. Take a look at the thread here and see if you can figure it out.
ok well i guess i know less than i thought, i have absolutely no idea what it's talking about, all i did was print out that sheet that tells the time and the nature/IV spread and just reset until i hit it. what's all this stuff about seeds and everything else? somebody should teach from the start

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)