Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megamewtwomon! Not really liking this, though Megablaziken does look kinda cool. I would have rather had couple entirely new Pokemon.

Well, we did get a 6th gen rodent and Pikachu re-warming (which is first re-warming I like :D )

MegaLuke looks so epic.I hope it isnt broken though.Adaptability CC will hurt.BP will have the same base power as xspeed,so maybe it can drop xspeed for a coverage move...

I go to sleep for one night, and this happened. Oh man, this is going to take a lot of time to get used to. I don't know what to say.

I still can't get over the ability of Megatwo

Everyone else gets great abilities.
Megaken gets Speed Boost, which it can probably take advantage of even better than normal
Adaptability is an amazing ability on Lucario
Mold Breaker is....okay i guess but hey dragon typing on Amphy!
Huge Power is a boon to Mawile even if it doesn't get a stat increase
Mirror Bounce is useful sometimes

But then Megatwo gets Insomnia
Hey at least it's safer from Darkrai (assuming it's faster).

Come to think of it sounds weird having an additional type for the mega form Ampharos.

The way we can "supercharge" them w/e is very relevant. If it's as easy as held item then this is gonna be interesting.

Hmm, if it's a held item (and this itself is a lot of speculation), it might not be worth using the mega evolution in some cases if the stat boosts aren't too much (for instance, Blaziken). Of course for stuff like Ampharos and Mawile, the mega form will completely outclass the originals due to the HUGE boosts. Anyway, just putting it out there.

DERP. Were the designers as drunk as a band of pirates when they designed this?
Again, DERP.

I hope this is fake. On the other hand, if their goal is to scare away the older audience, they pretty much succeeded I guess, especially since it will probably appeal to the six year olds and they probably won't know any better (provided they don't have older siblings to throw a wrench in this idea (and GF's plans?))
The real response of a 10 year old girl: "Did they run out of ideas?"
Appearantly, since they had to steal from Digimon.

If this isn't fake, we have things applicating for bans in Ubers (Lookin' at you, Ken Superiken and Luke Meganubis), which alone is already hilarious since Ubers is a banlist by itself. Also, I am really surprised they didn't opt for the Mawile/Absol evo's instead if this is true.

Edit: Neither of them needed an evo, I love the originals more than all of the "Megalutions".
Absol, Mewtwo, Blaziken and Lucario are cool and awesome as they are, Mawile is cute (and cool as well... in a way), and Ampharos just fits with its prevos. Luke, Blaze and Mewtwo did not need a buff, Absol and Mawile would be glad with movepool additions and a part-Fairy-type and Ampharos would be fine being part-Dragon. No need for evo's, just retcon the three.

@Stellar: Then the designers have been as drunk as the aforemented band of pirates. I can't put it any differently.

Last edited:
Ampharos is one of my favorite Electric Pokemon. Since Amphy is a massive wall with Cotton Guard+Calm Nature, and has pretty high Sp. Att, I think this temporary form will do it pretty good. And with what is apparently a "Super Training Facility", I'm looking forward to the MegaPokemon. And EmoAbsol is making my heart flutter. Hello, Rule 34!

So, it appears Mega Evo's are in-battle only, and require a Pokémon to have a specific held item. No Leftovers, etc for Mega Evo's.
Bulbagarden Twitter.

So it'd seem these work in the same manner as Giratina?

I'm not liking this at all. Making these Mega Forms Battle-Only might end up being tolerable, but it's still annoying.

Pokemon that were being left behind had adjustments to their abilities, their attacks, their items, and the oldest form of buffing, just flat-out evolving. Ditto is the perfect example of getting a proper ability, along with the nice boost that came from fixing Sturdy on various Pokemon. Some Pokemon became powerful simply by giving them Spore, and several items have made formerly useless Pokemon more viable.

Now, with these Mega Forms, they've spent time "upgrading" old Pokemon, which means less time on new Pokemon. A Mega-Form for Blaziken seems crazy. It is already banned to Uber on Smogon, how much more MEGA did they want it to get?

It just feels like they are out of ideas. Like someone else said, unless they're giving ALL final forms Mega-Versions, it just feels very... fan fiction-y.

*snip*

If this isn't fake, we have things applicating for bans in Ubers (Lookin' at you, Ken Superiken and Luke Meganubis), which alone is already hilarious since Ubers is a banlist by itself. Also, I am really surprised they didn't opt for the Mawile/Absol evo's instead if this is true.
That is way too early to say.
If the Mega form comes about by being forced to hold a specific item for example the Megas suddenly become a lot less impressive. On the other hand there might be base stat changes that curb this.
We know too little to make any assumptions on a metagame that is months away from being formed.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I like how some of you guys are thinking this is going to break the metagame. We haven't even seen their stats yet. I bet they'll be a force to be recognized with, but that doesn't mean that they'll be broken as hell. Blaziken, Mewtwo, and possibly Lucario will probably become amazing, but who knows how high of an attack stat the new Mawile will get, or how powerful MegaAmpharos/Absol will become. Until we see their stats, it would be nice if people would stop complaining about how these forms will drastically change the metagame. We have no idea what they'll be capable of.

I like how some of you guys are thinking this is going to break the metagame. We haven't even seen their stats yet. I bet they'll be a force to be recognized with, but that doesn't mean that they'll be broken as hell. Blaziken, Mewtwo, and possibly Lucario will probably become amazing, but who knows how high of an attack stat the new Mawile will get, or how powerful MegaAmpharos/Absol will become. Until we see their stats, it would be nice if people would stop complaining about how these forms will drastically change the metagame. We have no idea what they'll be capable of.
Mawlie max attack 295x2 (590 atk) Huge power. That's definitely not a threat.

There's a new Gym Leader, a female, named Koruni, who'll help us with the MegaPokemon. Plus, Torchic is the FIRST CONFIRMED EVENT FOR X&Y! Are they serious? Make us work for the Pokemon!!!

Mawlie max attack 295x2 (590 atk) Huge power. That's definitely not a threat.
Marowak with Thick Club:284x2=568 is almost as high. Just saying. Not that I'm particularly in favor of megamons, I just agree with ShadowKnight and Gary in that we can't make any assumptions yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)