Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azumarill is already Water/Fairy and Milotic is supposed to get it.(leak/rumor/egg group) Likewise, Mismagius is supposed to get Ghost/Fairy. We'll see what happens
O_O

<3 for Fairy Milotic!

oh, I forgot, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so we'll just have to Port of any existing Milotic/others u mentioned from Gen 5?

Usually They shove Feebass and its one random tile spawn near the an end game cave so you might not have to wait.

Waiting might be the sane option though

(type chart)
http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Type-Matchup_chart_EN.pdf
Grass types are immune to powder and spore moves
Electric types cannot be afflicted with the Paralyzed condition
Ice types are immune to the Frozen condition

(Pokémon)
Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little.
Fur Coat is confirmed to half physical damage taken.
New move announced: "Furfrou can learn Baby-Doll Eyes", a Fairy-type move [...] the user goes first regardless of Speed [+1 priority I guess]. The move can lower the target's Attack stat.
Meowstick is confirmed to have different form and learnset depending on the gender.
Amaura's ability is called Refrigerate, with the effect we already knew: Normal-type moves become Ice-type moves.
Pyroark is confirmed to be Fire/Normal, with a different form depending on gender. His ability is Unnerve/Rivalry and he can learn Echoed Voice.
Everything else confirmed (Mewtwo X type/ability, fossils type/ability, etc.)

(more customization with the new pokemon)
"The stylish Pokémon Furfrou can have its appearance changed by grooming. There are number of different appearances it can take, and the more you groom it, the more styles may become available!
If you leave Furfrou's style untended for a few days, its fur will grow long and shaggy again, returning to its original look. Keep a regular grooming schedule to maintain Furfrou's style!"

(charachters)
Characther customization is confirmed: you can change outfit and hair style.
Also, there's this new thing: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/pr_videos/
Team Flare is guided by 4 women with different hair style, and 1 man
New charachter revealed: "Diantha is a famous movie star beloved by everyone in the Kalos region. She's also a Pokémon Trainer who shows a lot of potential. She may even trade Pokémon with you sometime during your adventure!"

Last edited:

New trailer with female version of the lion and english names ++

Edit: And the official website has been updated
I'm liking how some of the Pokemon look different depending on nature, it really adds more character to the pokemon. Good job GF.
Plus you change outfits too.....man the hype train is rolling deep!

Great additions to the metagame, as status is really annoying. With Amie looks like GF really wanted to balance that part.

Last edited:
The official site is updated and has some stuff i don't think was mentioned here.

Furfrou (lamapoodle whatever Pokemon) has the Baby-doll eye attack, which always goes first and CAN lower attack.
Meowstick has Keen Eye/Infiltrator as Abilities. Tyrunt only gets Strong Jaw as an ability. Crunch and Dragon Tail. Amaura's ability iscalled refridgerate and it learns "the powerful ice-type move Aurora Beam early on". Pyroar has Unnerve and Rivalry as abilties, and Echoed Voice as a move.

I think the most interesting thing here is the Poodle's new move, if it deals damage and can lower attack and has priority.

The starter names are pretty... unique, to say the least. I laughed at the description on Frogadier
"Frogadier attacks by launching small stones wrapped in bubbles at it's opponents"

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So... Quilladin? OK, forget the "using the English name from the start" thing for me. Chespiñata is where it's at until I manage to remember what comes after the Q. The site also points out that Mud Shot is super-effective on Fire types, that Quilladin is weak to.

Braixen is... well, the name doesn't flow very vell. But the site DOES confirm the stick is a) not part of its body, just an accessory, and b) wielded in battle, set aflame.

I find that series of pictures quite interesting. From the accompanying text, it looks like this is part of the attack animation... for Psyshock(!). In other words, its "special attack" animation involves waving the stick like a wand. I think we can call confirmation on the witch theory, then.

And Frogadier. Man, what attitude, what elegance in all its poses! It's also specifically pointed out that Bounce is super-effective on Water types, that Frogadier is weak to. The name is also quite simple to pronounce (three syllables, right? As in Frog-a-deer?).

EDIT: Furfrou's ability, halving damage from Physical attacks (essentially a free Reflect), alongside the new priority, maybe-attack-lowering move makes it sound like a decent wall. That is, unless its defense stats are terrible.

EDIT2: The official art on Tyrunt (the T-rex) also makes it pretty clear that this is a pre-evo. Its species name intrigues me: Royal Heir Pokémon. I wonder what the King (latin: Rex) looks like.

Last edited:

(quote from the site)
Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little.
Lol Breloom ninja nerf. Between Grass Types are already needed to stop Rain boosted attacks, and between them, Natural Cure users, Taunt, and Lum Berry, sleep might become a rare status condition.

Paralyzed immunity not so much since the only Electric Types seen in OU are immune to Thunder Wave anyway.

Quilladin ! Quill + Paladin ? I like it ! He will evolve in a Knight Pokemon. Chespinata is so cute too !

Frogadier is indeed a ninja ! Frog + Grenadier

Braixen? A bi*** hmm a witch !

So Stunfisk's Limber ability became even more useless with the new Electric type Paralysis immunity

Liking the Grass powder immunity to boost the whole type. Only thing is putting Grass pokemon to sleep with Sleep Powder/Spore and catching them is now not as easy (especially if there was a Grass legendary)

Quilladin=Paladin=Knight!
Frogadier, the "-adier" points to some kind of soldier. Supports Fighting type?
No idea on Braxien. At first I thought braja was Spanish for witch, but then I remembered it's actually "bruja"

Edit: Crap, ninja'd haha.

Last edited:
So MEvos CAN have certain stats reduced! But does MegaGarchomp get a BST increase and THEN a noticeable change in base stats? Hrrrrm....

Furfrou is so amazing, I can't wait to see just how many ways you can style him. It's the kind of investment I don't mind making once a day if it means I can have a great looking poodle Pokémon, who's name practically means "pageant fur". Absolutely beautiful.

On the topic of style, I'm glad that they were sensible enough to have clothes stores/changing rooms dotted around the region. It makes me wonder if each boutique has a different selection of clothes to purchase from, if we can just buy clothes...

To go back to Pokémon for a minute, Frogadier using Bounce was perfect. The model comes straight down and SQASHES the opponent. That's exactly what I was hoping to see in these updated battle scenes, I'm pleased.

One more piece of news; Tyrunt comes from the Jaw Fossil and Amaura is obtained from a Sail Fossil.

Female Pyroar looks *much* better. I thought male Pyroar looked goofy as all get-out.

Still not using either of them because Talonflame is the Bomb Diggity.

I am amazed how much better these evolutions look in motion than they do in static poses, this also seems to hold true for the Mega Evolutions. I can't tell if this is Ken Sugimori's choices of static poses needing to better adapt to the new artistic direction or just that most of them would never look good in stills.

Ugh that female Pyroar, 10/10 would train. Same with Braixen, she uses a freaking wand! Everyone looks better in 3D.

I bet Ghost's new trait applies to trapping abilities too. Honedge can dodge Dugtrio and Zone which is okayish.

The official website mentions how Psyshock should be used on foes with high Sp. Defense on Braixen's description, while showing a battle with Vivillon. Connection?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The official website mentions how Psyshock should be used on foes with high Sp. Defense on Braixen's description, while showing a battle with Vivillon. Connection?
Nope. Just coincidence. They chose Vivillon because it is already revealed and they don't want to reveal another Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)