Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I keep having to delete posts about tiers and OU. This forum is not for competitive discussion. There is a thread for that in Smogon Metagames.

You know, when megagarchomp was 1st released, i felt odd that it didn't look as streamlined like regular garchomp. Good to know gf lowered its speed. That being said if it learns rock polish/agility then it'll still be viable.

I can't get over how one of our dinosaurs is weak to both Draco Meteor and Meteor Mash and that the other one is an Ice type. That's quite the sense of humor Gamefreak has.

Also is Braixen pronounced Brazen, because that's how I've been saying it. I'm really curious about the pun used in it's name since I'm drawing a blank..

I can't get over how one of our dinosaurs is weak to both Draco Meteor and Meteor Mash and that the other one is an Ice type. That's quite the sense of humor Gamefreak has.
That is pretty awesome.
Ugh that female Pyroar, 10/10 would train. Same with Braixen, she uses a freaking wand! Everyone looks better in 3D.

I bet Ghost's new trait applies to trapping abilities too. Honedge can dodge Dugtrio and Zone which is okayish.
It looks like it's wearing a Pidgeot wig. I think it's weird haha.

Also is Braixen pronounced Brazen, because that's how I've been saying it. I'm really curious about the pun used in it's name since I'm drawing a blank..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aix-en-Provence

Aix is pronounced like "ex," like ex-girlfriend. It's a location in France apparently.

So Brex-en maybe?

Edit: Noah's probably right.

I am so happy every Pokemon looks so much better than the ones from the horrendous Gen V. I am also stuck with the problem that I want to choose a female character, basicly because it looks better. Though, it's against my nature since I am a male.

How cool would it be if Ghost types were now immune to Pursuit when switching out (I don't they will but still).

Also, Braixen confirmed for witch. That does it, I have a new favorite starter.

Last edited:
Yeah..on that note, its really about time levitators had a chance for other abilities.
Yeah, 3 gens & stuff like claydol not getting a new ability would blow
Also wish stuff with dumb ability got something else. Gf you've had your little joke w/ slaking, regigagas & archeops. Also I might be wrong, but the text in the type chart implies no other type is immune to hail & that ice type isn't getting a 50% boost to their defense in hail...which sucks

Mannnn
I really hope that the Ghost immunity to Mean Look/Block doesn't mean we're getting Ghost type runners.

The female Pyroar looks...interesting. The ponytail mane wasn't something I expected.
This was my first thought when I read that. "Why would they do this? Ghost-type runners?" Hopefully Shadow Tag still works at least.

So Meowstick is basically the same as Nidoran?
In the aspect that for each gender, there is a unique pokemon in the opposition as having a different form like Jellicent?

Which version are people getting or are you getting both? Ive just changed my pre-order to X for Mewtwo fighting as to me that form looks badass.

Also what starter...I always prefer the underdog so ill be rocking Chespin. Might get Venusaur too as he was my first starter in Blue. #TeamGrass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)