Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Oh, they are going to hang around with the male main character.
Don't know about the female though.

another scan:
LOL I like that T-shirt on him.

Not on me, on him only. :p

That girl is really cute, and does remind me of the fashion styles when I visited France.

More Pokemon!
Yay, the little cat-thing was real! His name is Shishiko. He's...Fire/Normal?!! He also showcases a new attack; Battle Cry
Vivillon's middle form is apparently confirmed to be Spewpa(in English), and the larva is Kofukimushi.
The last one is Furabebe, a new Fairy-type!

I guess the flower isn't actually part of its body tho? D:

I want more Fairy pokemon. There aren't enough for a full team yet :/

He reminds me of Pikmin XD I really like Fura, he's some of sort of forest spirit if he's not based on the fairies of the hills.

Fairy-theming is amazing :DDD

Another note: dialogue boxes are said to be color-coded to help further distinguish who's talking.

Looks like a lot of pokemon are starting with the normal type. This is kind of cool, but I still hope they get a different type upon evolving otherwise they're just being tagged with a fighting weakness and a rarely useful ghost immunity.

So, what were the rumors which stated all the stuff about Fairy type, and it being super effective against dragon? I'm assuming that all the other information that guy said is gonna be true, so what else did he say?

Bulbapedia

Furabebe is a pure Fairy-type Pokémon, and it is known as the Single Flower Pokémon (Japanese: いちりんポケモン). As soon as it is born, it finds a flower and stays with it all its life. Because of this, they are also seen with differently-colored flowers. It can learn Fairy Wind.

Woo I want one with a white flower if the flower actually appears in the 3D model. And it's only 0.1 m (4 inches) for Arceus' sake.

PINK FLOWER FURABEBE

Looks like a lot of pokemon are starting with the normal type. This is kind of cool, but I still hope they get a different type upon evolving otherwise they're just being tagged with a fighting weakness and a rarely useful ghost immunity.
You're forgetting Normal STAB ;)

that's kinda awesome for a fire pokemon.

We need more final evolutions of part-Normal types. We only had Psychic/Normal (Girafarig, Meloetta), Water/Normal (Bibarel) and Grass/Normal (Deerling and Sawsbuck) aside from Normal/Flying (oh, and Normal/Fighting (Meloetta-P)), which isn't nearly enough. Generation VI brings Normal/Fire, Normal/Fairy and Normal/Electric, and I actually hope they retain that typing till their final forms.

Just as long as they have some useful Normal STAB through level up to have no weird illegalities. And maybe Normal hits Fairy for SE damage?

I think it is likely that steel will be super effective against fairy, as when they brought in dark, it created the fighting, psychic, dark type triangle. Many psychic types are still powerful, but have loads of checks and counters now (especially with pursuit). I think that is prolly what will happen with dragon, fairy, and steel. Though I do think it would be good if normal was SE against fairy. That would give many more normal types an actually viable role, as a great deal of them are outclassed by something with more useful STABs this gen.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So... three more days until we get English names, given that pokemon.com updates on the day CoroCoro is released.

Either way, I think I like the new designs. There sure have been a lot of them coming these days. Furabebe is a nice concept indeed. Tiny and extremely light, just like the classic western fairy. Wonder if that weight includes the flower? For some reason I doubt it will evolve. The concept is too cutesy and marketable to be overshadowed by an evolution.

lol at first i thought the flower was the body so i was like "how is that cute it's bloody hideous" because it looked so strange and oddly shaped

but with the 'symbiosis' thing i see it's just holding onto the flower and it looks pretty cute i agree

looks like a little pikmin

subtle marketing ploy, perhaps?

I agree, fairies are a great addition to the game, and the designs are pretty cool.
Also, what about talonflame? If he's got high speed, attack, and access to flare blitz, roost, u-turn, and regenerator in addition to brave bird we may have a new (and very powerful) sun abuser on our hands. Could be good or bad, depending on what else the gen brings. Personally, I hope talonflame gets all that.

We need more final evolutions of part-Normal types. We only had Psychic/Normal (Girafarig, Meloetta), Water/Normal (Bibarel) and Grass/Normal (Deerling and Sawsbuck) aside from Normal/Flying (oh, and Normal/Fighting (Meloetta-P)), which isn't nearly enough. Generation VI brings Normal/Fire, Normal/Fairy and Normal/Electric, and I actually hope they retain that typing till their final forms.

Just as long as they have some useful Normal STAB through level up to have no weird illegalities. And maybe Normal hits Fairy for SE damage?
What we really need is Ghost/Normal. Immune to 3 types (including the "unresisted coverage" of Ghost+Fighting), resists Bug and Poison and only weak to Dark. Sounds like a defensive Pokemon to me.

What we really need is Ghost/Normal. Immune to 3 types (including the "unresisted coverage" of Ghost+Fighting), resists Bug and Poison and only weak to Dark. Sounds like a defensive Pokemon to me.
...kind of? 3 immunities and only two resistances is okay, but a little meh. still, one weakness, combined with all of those? and what if it had levitate or something omg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)