Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO. I got caught up in the heat of type matchups a little earlier, but I wrote the following before reading anything that anyone else posted, please bear with me.

Yveltal looks like it has high ATK(I see that a lot of people agree). Because of this, It certainly looks like they’ve found yet another way to create a statistical polar difference between the box legendaries (assuming that Yveltal’s Atk stat will be the same as Xerneas’ SpAtk, much like Lugia with Ho-oh and so forth. Yay) But what are they going to localize Death Wing into? I hope the American title for that attack doesn't get too pg-13

The new legendary abilities give them super STAB? Assuming that Fairy and Dark are super effective towards each other(I want to believe, excuse me if I start whining over disappointment in the future), there’s no point in Xerneas and myself fighting :\ Whoever hits first would win.

Didn’t somebody post a fake leak speculating that Xerneas and Yveltal had something to do with life and destruction or war and peace? I didn’t think something like that would have been easy to randomly guess, but w/e

Pangoro looks like he could be a burly anti hero, love him. I do hope that he makes even better use of his typing than Scrafty did, I want to see Pangoro in OU

Professy looks FAAAABulous. He kinda reminds me of a game shop owner, which makes sense if he's the kind of guy who will engage in battles regularily. He's just enjoying the benefits of being a Pokémon Prof, go him!

Peropuff and Shushup look like monsters out of the Kirby games, which is great. Does Shushup smell like perfume or something? I don’t quite understand where they’re coming from(after reading everything, the "witch/plague doctor" is a neat observation), but I’m happy that it’s a Y exclusive. The both of them further remind me of a conglomeration of Precure fairies, which makes me love the both of them even more, especially Shushup, who looks like Noise mixed with Chypre :DDD. Peropuff looks like a little toy poodle with a big goofy grin, it’ll be fun to play with in PokeAmie! To see it floating and bouncing around (CUUUUUTE, you’re all crazy for hating it). The fairies in general though, kind of disappoint me stylistically so far. I’d be elated if Shushup and Peropuff evolved into something that could be just as dainty as they are now, but exuded a more powerful magical air. I’m worried for the little cuties.

Inkay and Malimar are real. And they are AMAZAAAAH. Right off the bat, Malimar looks like it could be UU or BL, but I guess it depends on just how well it abuses stat changes or other effects that may be reversible, and how that would affect the meta. It doesn’t look like it will use its typing for offense, which I wouldn’t see as a problem since Psychic/Dark isn’t bad defensively.

The thing I dislike about new evolution methods is that they’re starting to become a part of the species’ gimmick like with Karrablast and Shelmet. On the other hand, if they do it right then it feels more like, “your Pokemon evolved because you raised it this way”, which Is what I’m especially hoping to see with Pancham.

I’m glad that the evil team is just a mafia once again. My first impression is that their desire for money may mean that somewhere along the line, they may try poaching rare Pokemon, which is where Xerneas/Yveltal may come in. Also I'm calling it now, they're going to spam Talonflame like Team Plasma spammed Patrat

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It looked to me like Death Wing was a draining attack. The beam seemed to be moving toward Yveltal and there was the sparkly recovery animation at the end.

Pangoro's Hammer Arm didn't connect...not totally disappointed after seeing the flow of all the other damaging moves.
Also, Malimar's spots(transmitters, or what have you) light up. being bio-luminescent earned him 5 more cool-guy points
-And speaking of Malimar, the English site says that "there is never a shortage of humans attempting to use Malimar for their own nefarious purposes." Methinks a certain unknown mafia boss will keep a Malimar for themselves.

EDIT-Peropuff and Shushupu are Swirlix and Spritzee. Yes GAWD.
-Professy is confirmed as Prof. Sycamore

DOUBLE EDIT-Team Flare must really look up to Team Rocket. There's a screenshot where they're going to take Pokémon fossils!

Malimar is actually Malamar and the professor is called Sycamore. Pokebeach got them almost right.

I have only have two things to say about fairy if its resisted by steel then..... and Marill, seriously MARILL??
I believe Marill has been retconned to be a sort of tooth fairy. In European and Latin American countries the tooth fairy is often depicted as a mouse (Marill) or rabbit (Azumarill). At night kids place their fallen tooth in a glass of water by their bed and in the morning they receive a toy or money. We'll have to wait for the Pokédex entries to confirm if this is the reason of their type reassignment.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
For those who are curious, Malamar's description is based off of the real life hunting tactics of cuttlefish.

"The evolved form of Inkay, Malamar wields some of the strongest hypnotic powers of any Pokémon and can make its opponents bend to its will."

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"After flying high in the sky, Yveltal releases a beam of red light that scorches the ground."

This better not have a charge turn... Why do they keep doing this? I mean I know the don't completely think of things competitively, but this just makes the move useless no matter how cool it is or whatever.

EDIT: Actually I take that back. It's better than having a recharge. Shadow Force is actually a pretty good move when used correctly. Somewhat scared, but we'll see.

I was asking myself yesterday: "Proffesor Platanus doesn't sound good, I wonder if he's going to be called something like Sycamore", and he is.
Ehhh... not much to say about this, english names, yada-yada.
Just a question, if Sycamore is going to battle us from time to time, do you think that there's a chance that he will end up being the actual Champion of the region just like Oak was supossed to be in the original games? because that would be pretty cool.

So! Swirlix's ability "Sweet Veil"! What are its limits? In double/triple battles, does it nullify any sleep effects of attacks? It looks like a specialized Healer, which may be fun to have in Swirlix's potential tier (LC ohpleaseohpleaseohplease)

I'm in love with the English names. I was already expecting Pangoro, Inkay, and Malamar, but Swirlix and Spritzee have enormous amounts of d'aww appeal. I hope their evolutions can be as cute.

(Also, Swirlix sounds like Steelix which is really funny)

I'm kind of hoping we'll be able to interact with the statue and other objects in the game that are detail-intensive to get a higher quality render, preferebly with a snazzy camera shot of the object. What I want is something similar to that camera angle that you get of Santalune City when you sit in one of the benches. If Game Freak's really obsessed with beauty this time around, I hope that they're already a step ahead of my wishes.
Also I really wanna see what is in that entire statue :3
I'm dying of wasted curiosity MAKE IT HAPPEN
That gives me an idea. Cameras. We need cameras.

Probably because at this stage of its evolution it's a flightless bird. Or something along those lines.
I guess the 'Goro' part of panda's name makes sense to me now, but here's hoping its english name is Panchou. Because that's just too perfect a name for it.
Flamingos don't fly. Yeah, yeah, Dodrio. As for Malimar, I've been waiting for a Psychic/Dark Pokemon for quite a while. I figured it'd be a pseudolegendary though, since it would have a 4x weakness. Yeah, yeah, Metagross.

Let me just use my gigantic red devil-bird's signature move, OBLIVION WING. It's powered by his AURA OF DARKNESS.

...unless they wanted to make a worldwide message about the gift of life winning over destruction, in which case F*CK.
NOPE. Feel the wrath of the DESTRUCTION Pokémon!

Good lord we need spoiler tags.

but the 'new' version of this rhyme replaces 'ashes' 'husha' or 'hush-up'
and we have shushup.
so this thing's very name references the plague that killed like half of europe.
And lo! The devil-bird has its flock of plague-bearing flamingo chicks!

I am so unbelievably pumped for this game.

EDIT: Holy crap, I am joining the global wi-fi tournament then.

EDIT AGAIN: XY site confirms Hammer Arm and Iron Fist for Pangoro.

EDITING IS SO NICE I DID IT THRICE: Sweet Veil looks to be a team-wide Vital Spirit type ability. Thank the gods for that possibly getting rid of all the sleep in Doubles.

I'm sad that the official site didn't update with abilities for all the Pokemon
It didn't even give the secondary abilities of the squids & Pangoro

The legendaries abilities affect ALL pokemons Fairy or Dark moves, both yours and your opponents. Not sure if that means that Xerneas/Yveltal has to be in battle for the effect to work or if it will last thoughout the game.

Team Flare uses Houndour :)

The legendaries abilities affect ALL pokemons Fairy or Dark attacks, both yours and your opponents. Team Flare uses Houndour :)
That makes sense, considering the "aura" part. But oh well, it's not that bad really, I mean Dark is pretty rare in Ubers, and Xerneas would probably be one if not the only Fairy type up there. Looks like simply giving them an Adaptability clone would have been too broken.

Infernis, you're a doll. Seeing Death Wing in action already has me doubting my doubts.

I read about Photo spots earlier today. Accidentally wishing for what they already have planned can be a lot of fun, and I'd be thrilled to get a closer look at the in-game architecture for my own schooling reasons.
I can faint happy now.

The entry on Spritzee only makes what I said earlier about it gaining a Dark/Ghost/Psychic/Poison Typing make more sense.

"It emits a unique fragrance that causes anyone who smells it to fall under it's spell."

Ok, so maybe poison typing is out of it.. but the other three types are strong possibilities. This entry could also be referring to feelings of admiration (a la Cute charm), but if it doesn't gain a secondary typing, I'll be disappointed.

God they look weird doing that. I guess I was thinking of ostriches. They can fly 375 km per night? Thanks for the correction, Squishyfrog.

I don't understand why a lot of people are writing off Fairy type like it's automatically going to be home for a group of weak, useless Pokemon... I don't think they would have made it SE on Dragon type if it was going to be a load of normal-type-esk cutemons. We can't know for sure if they are or not, though. We don't even have the confirmed type chart yet, let alone stats or evolutions for existing fairy type Pokemon (if there are going to be any evolutions). Plus you can't really write Azumarill and Gardevoir as being weak pokemon, now can you?

Oh my god Inkay and Malamar are the English names.

Oh my god the Pokebeach rumors are true.

Does this really mean... dual typed attacks...?

E: And the professor's name is Sycamore. That's also a confirmed rumor. Oh my god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)