Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm sure it's going to be Normal/Grass for spring, Ice/Grass for winter and glorious Fire/Grass for summer. I'd say Ghost/Grass for fall but blasphemy had come up with a cool idea (not that I WOULD want it, but it would work!).

I hope there's a lot more unique type combinations coming, it adds more diversity to the game. A weird or crazy combination would be best, a bit like Froslass (who's Ice/Ghost). Someday they have to make a Fire/Water or Grass/Fire.

What about Grass/Ground, since the leaves fall off the trees and onto the ground? It may not make a lot of since, but I don't think the others do either.
I was gonna make a joke about how Grass/Ground could make sense since leaves FALL to the GROUND, but I thought only I'd laugh at the joke while others laughed at me.

This is how I came up Psychic and Ghost as my possibilities.
Steel-no
Rock-no
Dragon-NO
Bug-no
Poison-no
Fighting-no
Electric-no
Ground-the third possibility after Psychic and Ghost since leaves fall to the ground
Psychic-it just fits in my head; no other reason
Ghost-Halloween
Dark-maybe because of shorter days

So while I think there could be four reasonable possibilities, Psychic and Ghost make the most sense to me.

So it's like 48% Ghost, 48% Psychic, 3% Ground, 1% Dark.

@the interwebs
I thought Normal was his secondary typing with Grass being the primary?

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
also ghost because the leaves are dieing?
i suppose it would stay normal/grass in spring or have the normal typing removed

Did you read the last page or just look at it? It is very likely that it is related to Pachurisu, in the same way that it is related to the rest of the Pikachus. An electric rodent, with coloured cheeks and a name that combines electricity with its animal type. So Emonga would be an electric squirrel because it is a rodent, similar to the other electric rodents that already exist, to fit in with said group. They picked that one because it hadn't been done yet or made for an interesting design that includes a typing which has not been done since Gen 1. The same question can be asked of the RSE Pikachus. Why are they electric mice, of all combinations, if not related to Pikachu? It is simply capitalizing on a popular and recognizable design.

Secondly, flying Squirrels native to many parts of the world, including North America. Who is to say exact which direct species of flying squirrel this one is based off of? More importantly, why bring up that point at all? The idea of Isshu being North American based is purely fan speculation.

Lastly, perhaps you missed the fact that flying squirrels and squirrels, while being related, are not the same animal and simply share a common ancestor. Not only that, but even if they were the same animal that still wouldn't prove anything as we have seen many pokemon who are not related yet are based on the same or similar animals.

EDIT: Before it gets asks, I am so hell bent on this idea because the idea of "It looks the same! It's an evolution!" is getting really really old. If anyone has something to support a claim other than "they're both squirrels" I'll be more than happy to hear it. Same stuff happens every time we get new pics, lol. So and so is Ariados! Split Medicham evo! et cetera. It gets a bit tiring, especially after discussing it on the previous page.
Oh give it a rest. And get over yourself. Just because you don't want evolutions for some unintelligible reason, doesn't mean there won't be any. In fact, I'd argue there NEED to be them. You might not like it, but getting evolutions of old Pokemon was the one thing I liked best about Gen 2 and Gen 4. Gen 4's problem was that it lacked new lines as well. I think, if we're getting 150 new Pokemon, with no ties to old one, I won't have any problem with post national dex evolutions. Sides, I still think Teslantula is likely to be an Ariados evolution.

Also, Plusle and Minun aren't really recognizable as mice. They're not based off of them directly, anyway.

And really? One page? Oh, I'm so sorry I was a page late to the party.

"HURR DURR SQUIRREL MUST EVOLVE INTO OTHER SQUIRREL"
No, it's more like HURR DURR ELESQUIRREL MUST EVOLVE INTO OTHER ELESQUIRREL.

I called fake on them!

...and then believed it cuz it was on pokebeach -_-

anyway, this uscks, i was excited for shikijitas (or w/e) evo...

I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't any Pokemon that seem usable in OU or UU yet.

This wasn't that Coro-Coro "Master Document" everyone has been talking about is it?

WTF @ plant owl.
Seriously GF? Seriously?

And the prevo to that Hidarumana (or however you spell it) reminds me of Sunkern in a strange way...

There have been plenty of Pokemon with OU potential based solely on our current metagame, I don't know what you're talking about. Even more, the new metagame will bring massive changes with around 150 new pokemon, new moves, new abilities, and perhaps new system changes.

There have been plenty of Pokemon with OU potential based solely on our current metagame, I don't know what you're talking about.
Not attacking you I'm just wondering what you mean by "There are plenty of Pokemon with OU potential". I only see one; Gigaisu

Not attacking you I'm just wondering what you mean by "There are plenty of Pokemon with OU potential". I only see one; Gigaisu
Uhh, not really. All we know so far is that he has the ability Sturdy, which is competitively useless, and is pure Rock-typed, which gives him weaknesses to a LOT of common moves (EQ, BP, Surf). If the reason you see him as OU is because "He looks cool!" then take a look at Tauros and realize he isn't OU, and then at Smeargle, who is OU. Unless he has amazing stats and a plentiful movepool, I can't see him reaching OU.

The pokemon I see as potential OU so far are Hihidaruma, Shimama, Meguroko, Ononokusu, and Zoroark, given the right movepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)