Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't the third wheel legendaries always been dramatically different from the initial two?
no. not at all really. Rayquaza kept the same body markings as Kyogre and Groudon, and they we're obviously connected because of that. Giratina had more differences from Dialga and Palkia, but they still had the metal spiky "mask" things on their heads and bodies, as well as angular markings that matched up with each other.

this design for the third legendary doesn't fit the designs of the Zekrom and Reshiram (who have a fairly similar body structure, as well as the tails representing forms of energy)

Or it can evolve into a completely different Pokemon and Stantler gets his own evo.
this.

i really like the idea that someone had about a pokemon being grass/water in the spring grass/fire in the summer grass/ghost in the fall and grass/ice in the winter

that T-major character said:
no. not at all really. Rayquaza kept the same body markings as Kyogre and Groudon, and they we're obviously connected because of that. Giratina had more differences from Dialga and Palkia, but they still had the metal spiky "mask" things on their heads and bodies, as well as angular markings that matched up with each other.

this design for the third legendary doesn't fit the designs of the Zekrom and Reshiram (who have a fairly similar body structure, as well as the tails representing forms of energy)
there should be another one with a tail of nuclear energy, its really the best compromise we have now that both eco friendly and effective

The sprites are part of the charm of the series, is what he's saying.

Like the 3D models are okay, but that lack that certain something sprites have.
I also really love good sprite work and the handhelds really lend themselves well to having it.
Nah, I believe if the 3D models were incorporated into the main series games they would be even better. The charm of the series has always been catching Pokemon and going on a journey to become the strongest trainer. The sprites aren't too important. That said, I loved some HG/SS sprites and don't think they could be improved much. The next step logical step to improve the game would be to animate them.

I agree with those who say the sprites are fitting.
It's interesting seeing the Pokemon in 3D (such as in PBR) but unless they ramp up the production values big time, it would be better to stick with sprites.
The 3D models often end up looking like plastic or plush toys rather than living creatures.

Nontheless, it will be more and more difficult to keep sprites as the environment of the game becomes more and more truly 3D.
Something like Zelda Wind Waker's style would probably work well for a fully 3D Pokemon game.

But in fact, we should expect the third legendary to be somewhat different to Zekrom/Reshiram because Yin and Yang make up for a complete duo by definition. The last one has to stand out (kinda like Giratina had some specialities, the most important one being the Altered Form).

I agree with those who say the sprites are fitting.
It's interesting seeing the Pokemon in 3D (such as in PBR) but unless they ramp up the production values big time, it would be better to stick with sprites.
The 3D models often end up looking like plastic or plush toys rather than living creatures.

Nontheless, it will be more and more difficult to keep sprites as the environment of the game becomes more and more truly 3D.
Something like Zelda Wind Waker's style would probably work well for a fully 3D Pokemon game.
It won't be harder at all. If anything better hardware leads to even better spritework. Look at 2D fighting games for examples there.

Oh jeez if animation in Pokemon ever gets to the point of, say, Street Fighter 3 that would be the bee's knees

Rumours on Pokebeach; has anyone seen these yet?

http://pokejungle.net/2010/07/31/lilbit-o-rumors/

this is half and half for me. some of them seem really cool (Shikijika's multi evolutions, Gigaiasu being Rock/Poison) but others (like the Sandshrew prevo... wat?) are just balls.
Well that's PokeJUNGLE but whatever.

I'd be okay with most of these except: I would hope the supposed Denchura pre-evo would be part electric (and so would Denchura for that matter), and that Sandshrew PRE evo would be horrible for the little guy, as adorable as it would be.

But considering even 2ch itself thinks its fake, I'm willing to say these are fake. I mean, yeah, Mamepato becoming Hatoopoo and Luvdisc becoming Mamanbo are common sense, but the rest, nah.

I'd be okay with most of these except: I would hope the supposed Denchura pre-evo would be part electric (and so would Denchura for that matter), and that Sandshrew PRE evo would be horrible for the little guy, as adorable as it would be.

But considering even 2ch itself thinks its fake, I'm willing to say these are fake. I mean, yeah, Mamepato becoming Hatoopoo and Luvdisc becoming Mamanbo are common sense, but the rest, nah.
I like the idea of Gigaiasu being Rock/Poison, though. It makes sense now, when I look at it again and at least we won't get ANOTHER Rock/Steel line.

It won't be harder at all. If anything better hardware leads to even better spritework. Look at 2D fighting games for examples there.

Oh jeez if animation in Pokemon ever gets to the point of, say, Street Fighter 3 that would be the bee's knees
I'm not talking technically but artistically and also from a coherence and unity standpoint.
A fully controllable camera with completely dynamic perspective for the environment and 2D sprites for the Pokemon wouldn't work well IMO.
If they want to go fully 3D while retaining the charm of sprites they might have to do something like DQ8 or Zelda:tWW.
I do think Pokemon's environment would benefit from 3D because it's primarily there for exploration.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Who wants to bet that, rather than fixing Stealth Rock like everyone wants them to do, they change Spikes to mimic it?

Suddenly, everything weak to Ground lost a lot of viability. I wouldn't like this, since I love Fire Types, but knowing GameFREAK…

fixed that typo. thanks for pointing that out.

anyways, I think these are fake too, if only because I have no reason to believe they are true at the moment (I treat all rumours as fake unless facts point otherwise). if 2ch thinks they are fake, then thats even more reason to doubt them.

Rock/Poison sounds kinda cool. Makes me think of an irradiated meteorite or something XD
Nothing cool about a 4x weakness to ground. That and every physical attacker has earthquake.
Hey, I'm a little late on this one, but anyone else think that Bambi is a prevo to Stantler?
Like really, it's been totally neglected. What if it got a total overhaul like Roselia got in gen 4?
Bambi ---> Stantler ---> Reindeer
Bambi Stantler then FULL MOOSE ON STEROIDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)