Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the new ability: Herbivore, increases atack after being hit by a grass type atack.

And the Swan pokemon has a new atack called: Gale whos damage changes with the weather.

It's not really clear that Sturdy keeps its original effect of blocking OHKO moves entirely.
OHKO moves are rare even when allowed but the immunity is nice esp. when facing sets built around them.
A few things I had imagined before, such as auto-sash or Atk+SpA raising moves, are happening in ways I didn't foresee.
They changed old moves/abiltiies to have these effects so it really opens the door to many possibilities of mechanics changes.

Reusable TMs are everyone's dream really.
As Jonathan, I do wonder what that will mean for trading TMs as held items.
If you can't trade, I hope they retain the DP TM list as a prefix of BW's.

The new Deam World abilities will give us new stuff to worry about for monsters we thought we had figured out.
Remember the argument that they don't give old Pokemon old abilities in new Generations?
Scratch that! Hydration Vaporeon means Intimidate Garchomp and Tinted Lens Flygon are certainly possible, if unlikely.

I really hope the Dream World abilities can be bred on to children.
A breeding mechanic change from random abiltiies to a random choice of the parent's ability [indices] would make sense.
It would explain why you could never get a Pokemon with one of the new abiltiies until you had a specimen from the wild/Dream World.
But a Vaporeon with ability 2 could have an Eeevee with ability 2 which would evolve into Hydration Vaporeon.
If prevo has less abilities just clamp to the last ability when out of range while retaining the true index for breeding.

I knew I wanted this game when I saw Rankurusu. =P And there's still probably over 100 Pokemon we don't know about yet.

EDIT: Tinted lens Flygon?! By looking at my avatar you can guess how excited that makes me. o_O

For battling people after the Elite 4, WiFi, Battle Tower/frontier.

And if they allow the good TMs before the Elite 4, hopefully the E4 this gen will be tough.
This would be ideal, but it has to be easy enough for the kiddies.

Also, Tinted Lens Flygon would be epic, but what would you do with those coverage moveslots?

All the abilities stuff is looking nice. I don't think Sturdy is going to be too broken. Might allow a few more Pokemon to fill some niche as leads, but unless there's a change to entry hazards/rapid spin (Ghost-type Rapid Spin would be cool :P) it'll usually be broken.

It'll be nice being able to use TMs in-game without penalty. There are definitely other ways they could make the game harder to compensate. The E4 could be harder/higher leveled, TMs could cost significantly more from stores, etc.

Also, Tinted Lens Flygon would be epic, but what would you do with those coverage moveslots?
Doesn't Tinted Lens essentially make all attacks unresisted, unless they're 4x resisted? That means it could rip through anything with Outrage, because nothing 4x resists Dragon.

My highest hopes would be to scrap Stealth Rock, but I don't think that will ever happen. I'd just like to be able to use Yanmega outside of a lead.

Why even bother implementing the good TM's if we can't use them to fight the E4?
I never use TM's on my in-game team, I only use them for my competitive teams, anyways. If Earthquake / Ice Beam / etc are available post-E4, and we have moves like Dig or whatever pre-E4 (plus all the Pokemon that learn those moves by level up) then I don't see what the big deal is.

Tinted Lens Flygon would be cool, and you'd still want the standard coverage moves so that you wouldn't have to rely on Outrage. Actually, a mixed set would probably work pretty well. Draco Meteor / Earthquake / Outrage / U-turn or Stone Edge would work. This is all pointless speculation, although Tinted Lens makes a lot of sense on Flygon (I suggested this a while ago but several people told me Gamefreak would have given him Tinted Lens in Gen IV if he were getting it... who's laughing now >.>).

I hope they change SR aswell. tht one move essentially makes pokemon with 4x weak hard to use. its the reason charizard isnt OU (or UU whtever). make it work a little like spikes or cut dmg to 25% cap

A helpful reminder to everyone in the thread. Most of the new Pokemon designs will seem ugly/stupid to you because you have developed rose colored classes.

The first gen designs weren't that great. Most of them were incredibly generic. Nostalgia will make you think they were better than they actually were.

Needless to say I like a lot of the new Pokemon.

Some type effectiveness needs seriously revamping, though. What's the logic behind Ice not resisting Grass? Why isn't Poison super-effective against Bug? It would bring so many Pokemon out of NU and make the whole meta more diverse.
Better yet, why isn't Poison super effective against Water? After all, the whole Poison SE against Grass rationale (Poison =/= Pollution, Grass =/= Nature) still carries over to it being SE against Water. It would be a major boost for the type, and a nerf for bulky Waters.

Doesn't Tinted Lens essentially make all attacks unresisted, unless they're 4x resisted? That means it could rip through anything with Outrage, because nothing 4x resists Dragon.

My highest hopes would be to scrap Stealth Rock, but I don't think that will ever happen. I'd just like to be able to use Yanmega outside of a lead.
It does double damage on resisted hits so 1/2 effective= Neutral.

Maybe Mamanbou could be a second-evolution of Luvdisc, but Luvdisc is unavailable in the Isshu region, thus it would be only captured by getting an Incense, which would be available after the E4. What do you think of this theory?

A helpful reminder to everyone in the thread. Most of the new Pokemon designs will seem ugly/stupid to you because you have developed rose colored classes.

The first gen designs weren't that great. Most of them were incredibly generic. Nostalgia will make you think they were better than they actually were.

Needless to say I like a lot of the new Pokemon.
QTF.

So many people bashed the 4th gen pokes, but I loved them. Granted it was my first time ever playing Pokemon, but really, if a load of Gen. 1 Pokemon were being released now, we would all think they look stupid.

The first gen designs weren't that great. Most of them were incredibly generic.
Have you considered, perhaps, that those simple designs are what the gen 5 bashers liked to begin with?

Gen5's designs are very different from gen 1's style. There's just no denying it. Personally I welcome the change, as the only bad design I've seen so far was Zoroark.

It's important to be open with new Pokemon designs, because no one is going to like every single one of them. There are Gen I Pokemon that I hate and Gen V Pokemon that look fine to me. Gens I and II have a lot of nostalgic value for me, so I do generally like those Pokemon more, but that doesn't mean the new ones are bad. The styles have to change. People will say one new Pokemon looks ridiculous while another looks like a rip-off.

Most of the new Pokemon are bearable to say the least. The only Pokemon designs that I really don't like are evolutions from previous generations because they usually aren't done in the same style, but that's just me. I'm looking forward to a bunch of new Pokemon.

I love older Pokemon as much as the next guy but they've been done...that's why they're old.
And since we can always use them and they're not going anywhere, I'm happy.
I would NOT want 150 Pokeclones each generation...I never understand that mindset.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
With Vaporeon getting Hydration, maybe the other Eevelutions get new toys as well. Can you imagine a Pressure Umbreon or a Clorophyll Leafeon ?

TMs do not disappear after use.

Sturdy = focus sash.

Vaporeon gets hydration.

Does this game give out sex and candy as well? I wouldn't be surprised after this orgasmic news. If only all the new pokemon thus far weren't ridiculously ugly...
You're going to play the game anyway. No need to criticize it to the max, dude.

With Vaporeon getting Hydration, maybe the other Eevelutions get new toys as well. Can you imagine a Pressure Umbreon or a Clorophyll Leafeon ?
Well..... I would say so, but perhaps maybe in the Dream World only. I have also read on Serebii that Pokemon in the Dream World will have different abilities than normal. So basically, this might be a trainer's chance to make the enemy wave "Good-bye" with a sad face.

I read from Serebii that the TM's DO NOT disappear after use. Could it be....?
no it cannot be

You're going to play the game anyway. No need to criticize it to the max, dude.
he just listed off 3 things he described as orgasmic, i wouldn't say thats criticizing it to the max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)