Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're fake. If you look at the Zoroak silhouette, And those 3 pokemon, The guy holding the picture is in the same stance, and most likley he can not do that.....

And the logo of Zoroak at the bottom

OnyxBlack
I wonder who the mascot will be for that. lol

no digimon, yogioh, or massive
I was just giving an example. I don't play the games for those anymore (And I rarely watch TV at all). Some of the old Mega Digimon do....in a way....

And I'm sure its White counterpart would appear on 12th movie along with it.
I was saying like how Darkrai got a movie, but Cress is completely shunned. Palkia wasn't in the Giratina movie (bar one of the flashbacks). The counterpart may even appear at the very end of the movie.

Well glad those are fakes... However I am not glad to see the "they look like digimon/yugioh/whatever else I can come up with!!!!11!" compaints again. I don't think what anyone says in those regards are relevant. Honestly, it is not your decesion whether a Pokemon looks like a Pokemon or not. As soon as GameFreak puts it out there, it is a Pokemon whether you like it or not, so just get over it and enjoy the fact they even are doing a 5th Gen.

Honestly, it is not your decesion whether a Pokemon looks like a Pokemon or not. As soon as GameFreak puts it out there, it is a Pokemon whether you like it or not, so just get over it and enjoy the fact they even are doing a 5th Gen.
I never said they looked like Yu-Gi-Oh, I said that I don't like the idea of a Dolphin Pokemon and said Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon as examples.

I couldn't of been the only one whose thought of having pokemon fusions in the 5th gen here. People have came up with some amazing concepts and artwork before:

Fusions could be one of the next "big" gen additions, like how double battles were in R/S/E.
Fusion would be a cool idea, I've wanted to see it for a while, but if it was in the games, it would probably be a big enough deal to put in the anime, and I'm not sure they'd like the idea of combining two pokemon, basically losing the personality of those pokemon. I suppose it could maybe work if it wasn't a main character, maybe a rival or something. Or maybe in a slowpoke+shellder way, where they stay somewhat separate.

But in order to do it in a not terrible way, where they make actually new pokemon, and not just take certain parts of the pokemon, stick them together, and combine their first type or something, only a few could fuse really, and probably only ones that really make sense, at least for the first game to do it. Maybe like Beedrill and Butterfree, or Kabutops and Omastar or something.

I want to see them bring back Team Rocket's genetic engineering. Engineer Pokes like in Colluseum/Gale of Darkness. Have stuff like a dragon type gyara, Ice Plume.

Fusion isn't happening. I'm pretty sure Gamefreak is anti Pokemon loss, minus evolving, trading and releasing of course, but obviously those are different. Once we get fusion THEN the pokemon will REALY look like Digimon. Besides, how do you decide what can fuse and what cannnot? Even within egg groups there are too many possiblities. Either there would be a total of 5 pokemon that can fuse together, or there would be set number of acheivable fusions.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Ebony Black?

'It doesn't matter if you're black or white. However, if you have Pokemon White Version, there are subtle differences to the story and to available pokemon'.
-Michael Jackson.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Fusion isn't happening. I'm pretty sure Gamefreak is anti Pokemon loss, minus evolving, trading and releasing of course, but obviously those are different. Once we get fusion THEN the pokemon will REALY look like Digimon. Besides, how do you decide what can fuse and what cannnot? Even within egg groups there are too many possiblities. Either there would be a total of 5 pokemon that can fuse together, or there would be set number of acheivable fusions.
They need to at least let Slowpoke and Shellder fuse into Slowbro.

As a kid I spent hours trying to figure out how slowpoke evolved, trying to level him up with Shellder in my party, walking around with them, I was so confused.

Yeah, I don't think fusing is going to happen either. I second Chaoswalker. Way too many combinations. I really couldn't imagine what new idea they would bring into the metagame. Possibly a new type? I doubt it but it's a possibility.

I don't think fusing will happen either. I don't even like the idea of fusing, actually. Too many combinations, I wouldn't enjoy the game much anymore if they changed it that much.

fusions look weird but i always dream about a lucario with wings on the backs and everything, but yeah...sadly fusions wont happen because of all the problems it would cause.

Yes. All that I think those screenshots show is the new 3D effects. Other than that, I can find no other leaks.

The physical/special split was the best thing to ever happen to Pokemon and ultimately made competitive battling playable. Before that, the only thing that mattered was if a Pokemon's type matched its attack stat, and things like elemental punches being special didn't even make sense.

I don't see what they could do to battling to improve it now.
A bit of an exaggeration, my hours on Netbattle were certainly "playable" and a hell of a lot of fun, but yes, it was a gigantic change to the game.

Also, for the other dude:
I don't think Zoroark will be exclusive, as much as I hope it's a black one [because I'm getting the frankly superior white version and don't wanna see that furry]
I don't think they'd start off with showing us an exclusive and hyping it so much. Plus it would really affect the sales of the other version.

Anyway, Light type plz.

Yes. All that I think those screenshots show is the new 3D effects. Other than that, I can find no other leaks.
They show the shop and pokecenter have apparently been merged, and the protagonists.

I like the buildings things. It gives a sense of how big the city is. I hated how "huge" cities were 4 houses and a shop. This gives off a sense of scale a lot better.

I keep hearing people say they said it's gonna reinvent stuff or whatnot.
I doubt it. Most likely hyping and marketing shenanigans.

I doubt it will deviate far from the formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)