Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Zek and Reshi actually confirmed to be version exclusives yet? All Serebii says is that they appear on the boxes of White and Black, respectively. I've got my fingers crossed for them to pull a GSC and have them both in both versions, just at different points.

Are Zek and Reshi actually confirmed to be version exclusives yet? All Serebii says is that they appear on the boxes of White and Black, respectively. I've got my fingers crossed for them to pull a GSC and have them both in both versions, just at different points.
Nah, it hasn't been confirmed. I hope we can get them both, too. They both look so awesome!

I'm very pleased that Greenblob is in White version. based on Zekrom I would be getting that version, and Greenblob is just awesome. once we get more information about White Forest and Black City, as well as all the other differences, I might end up getting the other version.

does this contain any useful information? maybe the dialogue would give some hints as to what we can expect from each location...

It's confirmed iirc. The legends are in the verison that they are on

Good point, there has been no confirmation for either case.
Game Freak has been going with a shared legend post E4 in the base games of the last 2 gens(RS and DP) but patterns don't exactly mean much.

EDIT:
@Emperor:
Do you know where you read that confirmation?

Sigh...I can't find it...though I do remember serebii himself saying they were version exclusives on gamefaqs. I should have marked that topic :(

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
This is a very good point, I don't think it's been confirmed (emperor, do you have a source for that?) Until now I think that majority of people just "assumed" that the cover legendaries are exclusive to each version, but it is possible they'll pull a GSC. We'll have to wait and see.
I'm very pleased that Greenblob is in White version. based on Zekrom I would be getting that version, and Greenblob is just awesome.
Yeah, this basically sums up my opinions currently. I think it's interesting that Gothgirl is in the game with the White legendary, and White/Green blob is in the game with the black legendary... ah, they're really having fun with this Black/White theme. I wonder if a majority of new Pokemon from each game will be the color of their version (white Pokemon in White version, etc) only to have the trend reversed by the legendary Pokemon at the end of the game's story.

And I sure wish I knew Japanese so I could get some info from that picture... or be able to play the Japanese releases. Instead I'm going to have to wait until April next year for the NA release of B/W and suffer a 6-month handicap to all the Japanese speakers here. :/

It's funny cuz white has the forest yet has Zekrom on the box while black has the city yet has Reshiram on the box.
From their designs it seems that Reshiram represents what is natural and Zekrom what is technological yet what we know kind of contradicts that assumption.
Is the box legend the one "in prison" and not exerting its influence on the world of the version that features it?

Yeah, this basically sums up my opinions currently. I think it's interesting that Gothgirl is in the game with the White legendary, and White/Green blob is in the game with the black legendary... ah, they're really having fun with this Black/White theme. I wonder if a majority of new Pokemon from each game will be the color of their version (white Pokemon in White version, etc) only to have the trend reversed by the legendary Pokemon at the end of the game's story.
Keeping with that theme, if the Mareep and Shinx lines are in the Isshu Dex, I'm thinking that Mareep is White exclusive while Shinx is Black exclusive. The evolutionary lines are similar (namely three-stage Electric), but the Shinx line's average body color is darker than the Mareep line's. Also, Ampharos gets the elemental punches while Luxray gets the elemental fangs.

According to serebii, here are their stat profiles, in order of HP/AT/DE/SA/SD/SP: Ampharos (90/75/75/115/90/55), Luxray (80/120/79/95/79/70)

Speaking of Electric-type pokes, I am glad that Pikachu is also in the Isshu Dex! It should be in every regional Dex, which it has been the first four gens.

In my mind, Coil makes your next move have twice the Base Power and +priority. Like how a snake coils before it strikes. Or it could be Wrap redux. . .

And I wish Rankurusu and Reshiram could be in the same game, but I can either trade or live with Zekrom. Depends on the other exclusives, if there are any.

Keeping with that theme, if the Mareep and Shinx lines are in the Isshu Dex, I'm thinking that Mareep is White exclusive while Shinx is Black exclusive. The evolutionary lines are similar (namely three-stage Electric), but the Shinx line's average body color is darker than the Mareep line's.

Speaking of Electric-type pokes, I am glad that Pikachu is also in the Isshu Dex! It should be in every regional Dex, which it has been the first four gens.
I'm hoping no old Pokemon-barring Pokemon that evolve-are in the Isshu Dex. I want a brand new experience, with all new Pokemon. Hopefully they will come up with fillers for Geodude, Zubat, and even Magikarp. Yes, that's right, I'd like a regional Dex without Gyarados.

Fortunately I like both Reshiram and Zekrom, although Reshiram is my favorite.

Now, considering that Isshu is in a different country from other regions will the final dex be the global dex rather than the national dex?

Now, considering that Isshu is in a different country from other regions will the final dex be the global dex rather than the national dex?
This made me think. Since Isshu is separated from the other regions, how are we going to get the older Pokemon?

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Keeping with that theme, if the Mareep and Shinx lines are in the Isshu Dex, I'm thinking that Mareep is White exclusive while Shinx is Black exclusive. The evolutionary lines are similar (namely three-stage Electric), but the Shinx line's average body color is darker than the Mareep line's. Also, Ampharos gets the elemental punches while Luxray gets the elemental fangs.

According to serebii, here are their stat profiles, in order of HP/AT/DE/SA/SD/SP: Ampharos (90/75/75/115/90/55), Luxray (80/120/79/95/79/70)

Yes, if these Pokemon do appear in Isshu, I agree that they should appear in the games you suggested. And Pikachu should be in every game, no exceptions... it's the flagship, after all. What's Pokemon without Pikachu!?
I'm hoping no old Pokemon-barring Pokemon that evolve-are in the Isshu Dex. I want a brand new experience, with all new Pokemon. Hopefully they will come up with fillers for Geodude, Zubat, and even Magikarp. Yes, that's right, I'd like a regional Dex without Gyarados.
I like this idea too, Hoenn was my favorite Gen partially for this reason. However, I doubt that there will be NO old Pokemon appearing - if you look here: http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/pgl/pgl02.html

You can see that Pikachu appears alongside one of the B/W Pokemon. Granted, this proves nothing, but it seems unlikely that Pikachu, Magikarp & co. will be completely non-existant in both Black and White versions.

I'd like to see a repeat of Hoenn where the Isshu dex has a large number of new and exciting Pokemon, few evos of past Pokemon, and a lower number of past Pokemon that are native to the region.

I think Pikachu is just there because it is the mascot of the franchise. I simply don't want to see Pikachu lol.
When I saw it I was at least thinking it was in the Isshu Dex. You want a regional Dex with almost nothing but gen-V's, but the Pikachu line should be a mainstay.

It's funny cuz white has the forest yet has Zekrom on the box while black has the city yet has Reshiram on the box.
From their designs it seems that Reshiram represents what is natural and Zekrom what is technological yet what we know kind of contradicts that assumption.
Is the box legend the one "in prison" and not exerting its influence on the world of the version that features it?
the legendaries might not have any impact on the story, for all we know. it might be like Gold and Silver, where Ho-oh and Lugia were mentioned but didn't effect the actual story at all. since the known antagonist (N) wants to separate Pokemon and Humans... I don't see how either of the Box legendaries could help with that. Team Plasma (or whatever) might use them, maybe to power some super death ray or something... honestly, I can't think of a good use (from the antagonists perspective) for them other than a power source of a massive machine...

also, I don't see why they would need to have an influence on the development of society. they hadn't been described as having any influence, they just seem to represent things.

I'm assuming the whole "Dream" thing keeps expanding to get most of the past dex's. Although i think they will force some at the very least to be transferred from D/P/Pt/Hg/Ss
I assume things like starters from past gens, legendaries, pseudos maybe, and general rare Pokemon would requite transfers from past gens... however, depending on how this dream thing works, there might be certain special cases where these Pokemon could be found. maybe depending on the Pokemon that is dreaming? say, if a Larvitar is dreaming, you could find other pseudos first stages?

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to see a repeat of Hoenn where the Isshu dex has a large number of new and exciting Pokemon, no evos of past Pokemon, and a lower number of past Pokemon that are native to the region.
Fixed that for you.

I would also like this, and so far it looks like we're on track for it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)