Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Water/Ghost, Grass/Ghost, Fire/Ghost? They'd all have their secondary STAB Supereffectively hitting each other. Since Zoroark (or whatev) is a kind of spiritish, this would be a good beginning of 'the dark era of pokemon'. The god legendery could be the devil, the Dark counterpart of arceus?

Knowing Nintendo we will get a Water/Ground, Fire/Fighting and Grass/Poison. With a new Dragon type that has a 3 way evolution into a Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Ground. Then we will have over 9000 new Bulky Waters and some stupid happiness based evolutions.

Yes, he is right. Though I only doubt the Fire-Fighting combo, since I'm pretty sure GameFreak isn't stupid enough to run 3 Fire-Fightings in a row.

ISure, it definitely would stop them, but even Vappy doesn't command enough popularity to be too concerned about. Also, unless the enemy will kill themselves with LO, Vappy has no real effective way itself for killing its fellow water types.
I once ripped through most of an opposing rain team with my own Specs Vaporeon's HP Electric. Probably means it was a poorly-built team I was facing, but still...it was certainly effective at killing.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Vappy DOES have 110 base Sp.ATK, and specs water STAB + Ice Beam is impressive, but the level of sweepers in OU is simply on a higher level in general.

I would prefer if the starter pokemon weren't the average Fire/Water/Grass spread. Something a little more original would be a refreshing change, though having them weak against each other would be a little tricky. Maybe new types? Also, a mono-type starter selection could be viable if they all held very different roles, movesets, and secondary typing.
Dark/Fighting/Psychic? :P

Don't think they'd do Dark/Fighting/Psychic since dark is immune to psychic. But i would love that combo.. lol

Actually there were fakes around that was dark/fighting/psychic and they looked pretty cool

They could just use types that evolve into a secondary typing that hits the other super effectively. That way we can have diverse starters with unique typing while still being able to hit the rival's starter super effectively.

They could just use types that evolve into a secondary typing that hits the other super effectively. That way we can have diverse starters with unique typing while still being able to hit the rival's starter super effectively.
Yeah, Torterra/Infernape/Empoleon comes to mind here.

I mean the primary typings do not hit each other super effectively, but the secondary typing will. When they evolve they gain the secondary typing to hit the primary super effectively. Infernape/Empoleon/Torterra didn't have a complete cycle, and they were still able to hit each other super effectively without evolving.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Torterras secondary type is super effective against Infernape, and Infernapes is against Empoleon, but then Empoleons secondary type is not super effective against Torterra, so it breaks the cycle. Good idea though, if the typing was water/ice (which i think makes more sense for a penguin anyway) then the cycle would be complete

I think that Psychic/Fighting/Dark works best when introduced as secondary types to compliment the existing Water/Fire/Grass triangle.

Ex: Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Grass/Dark

With these typings, each starter can hit for STAB SE damage against the other two. Plus, we'd get one new type combo and two that have only been used once before.

Just saying, Grass Dark was used twice (Shiftry, Cacturne).

And that one too would be unfair, since Dark is IMMUNE to Psychic instead of it being hit NVE.

For that flying / fighting / rock one,

Water / Flying, Fire / Fighting, and Grass / Rock seems the best distribution.
Fire is going to be with Rock, we have 2 Fighting Fires and 1 Fighting Flyer already (starters!!) and Marcargo is the only Fire/Rock one.
Grass/Fighting gives a really cool new combo, but so will grass Flying (except for Tropius). Water Flying is with a lot too, Water Fighting could be pretty cool.

Grass fighting, Fire Rock, and Water Flying offer nothing new.(Breloom, Magcargo, and Gyarados) I'd like to see Ghost, Bug, Psychic tacked on to the starters. In addition, Fire Rock is awful awful typing.

Just saying, Grass Dark was used twice (Shiftry, Cacturne).

And that one too would be unfair, since Dark is IMMUNE to Psychic instead of it being hit NVE.
Who cares? Even is pyschic was NVE against dark, why would you use a psychic attack, when you could use your other STAB which hits for SE? For primary typing, Fighting/Psychic/Dark would be unfair, but if they were used as secondary types in such a way as to let each starter hit the one with the original type advantage over it for SE, it would be fine. Personally I'd like to see another Fire/Dark, then Water/Psychic and Grass/Fighting.

Ghost and Bug are SE on Psychic, I guess that's a kind of Unfair :o!
But so are fighting and ground on steel, so it's not that bad.

Seriously though the starters aren't going to be anything other than fire/water/grass. But still I look forward to seeing them. I hope there's a nice snake or something to choose from- I've noticed there's never been an increase in the number of reptiles to choose from, which is unfortunate. It's gone from 3 to 2 then 2 again, then just 1. But then again I don't really like using my starter too much so it doesn't matter.

Who cares? Even is pyschic was NVE against dark, why would you use a psychic attack, when you could use your other STAB which hits for SE? For primary typing, Fighting/Psychic/Dark would be unfair, but if they were used as secondary types in such a way as to let each starter hit the one with the original type advantage over it for SE, it would be fine. Personally I'd like to see another Fire/Dark, then Water/Psychic and Grass/Fighting.
Agreeing with this completely. The Fire/Psychic starter would most likely be fast (and thus faster than the Grass/Dark) so without Sucker Punch the Grass/Dark starter would have to take a STAB SE Fire attack before getting a turn.

I'm hoping they do like they did in D/P where theres a bunch of evolutions for previously neglected pkmn in the expanded dex.

Banette, Weezing, and Jynx evolutions would be sweet. If they buffed some of the truly NU like Arbok, I'd be REALLY happy.

Knowing Nintendo we will get a Water/Ground, Fire/Fighting and Grass/Poison. With a new Dragon type that has a 3 way evolution into a Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Ground. Then we will have over 9000 new Bulky Waters and some stupid happiness based evolutions.
LOL. This is probably going to be true though. I hope they will give us two 600 BST semi-legends like they did back in Gen 3.

I want to see old Pokemon get evolutions, but this time they need to make them a bit better.

I also want to see them make most Gen 5 Pokemon competitively viable, unlike Limineon, Cherrim, and Pachirisu. I know Gamefreak realizes that these Pokemon will suck hard before they even make them. Maybe they have evos planned for some of the weak pokemon.

I think they should expand the move pools of some Pokemon as well. Zangoose with STAB Extremespeed, Heracross with Extremespeed, All "Dark" Pokemon should have Nasty Plot. All Dragon Pokemon should have Dragon Dance. All Psychic Pokemon should get Recover. I mean they are Psychic. Why can't Starmie learn Calm Mind? Gengar and Girantina should get Nasty Plot. I mean Girantina is a Renegade, and Gengar is Evil.

I also think they should give the starters elemental priority attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)