Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
And according to the rumor, Zekrom's signature move will be "Uzarai", and physical Electric move with the same power and accuracy as Hellfire, just with a Paralysis chance instead of burn. Sounds nice, simply because it's a powerful PHYSICAL electric move..
No no, it wasn't said anywhere Uzarai and Hellfire are their signature moves.

And if they are, I'll be forever pissed.

PS.: That Poison/Dragon totally is a seven-headed Arbok evo called Atnana. I'm a genius, and you may thank me later.
I always liked the idea of a basilisk poison/dragon evo for Arbok named Nogard

Agreed, I listed a lot more Pokemon than that that have always been in the dex and 7 would only leave Magikarp, Gyarados, Goldeen, Seaking, Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu.
I'd be more likely to guess Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Magikarp, Gyarados, Tentacool, and Tentacruel.

So I don't think these rumors are true (or atleast not all of them) because of the extremely low number of old Pokemon. 150 isn't enough Pokemon for a regional dex, anyway.
It was enough for the original games...

nincada is the best ground/bug pokemon in the game and you all know it :P

Maybe arbok will get some love and evolve into a hydra for the poison/dragon type like mario with lasers said. if it isn't, i don't care as long as it has stats that live up to the other dragons (don't be like altaria and be banished to UU please :/)

ice/fighting seems like horrible typing, but if the poke is a polarbear screw everything, i'm using it.

also, what if koromori replaces zubat????

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
No no, it wasn't said anywhere Uzarai and Hellfire are their signature moves.

And if they are, I'll be forever pissed.
...you're right again... guess I was reading in-between the lines -_-; But why would they make "Hellfire" like a gimped Heat Wave (which is a gimped Flamethrower)? What a waste of such powerful names! ...either these are signature moves with 70% burn/paralysis chances, or we're being trolled again.

I always liked the idea of a basilisk poison/dragon evo for Arbok named Nogard
I fully support this idea... "Nogard"... haha, perfect :P

Maybe arbok will get some love and evolve into a hydra for the poison/dragon type like mario with lasers said. if it isn't, i don't care as long as it has stats that live up to the other dragons (don't be like altaria and be banished to UU please :/)

ice/fighting seems like horrible typing, but if the poke is a polarbear screw everything, i'm using it.

Yes, Nincada is CURRENTLY the best bug/ground Pokemon, but I'm hoping for a Pinsir evo that surpasses Nincada! And honestly, I'd prefer if the hypothetical Arbok dragon evo didn't shoot up to the 600BST dragons, I mean really... must EVERY dragon be Uber/OU? I'd like to see another to keep Altaria company in UU.

And rumors for quite a while have been suggesting that Koromori is this gen's Zubat.

It was enough for the original games...
That's because there was only 1 Dragon line and 1 Ghost line. Not to mention that there weren't any Darks and only 2 Steels (Magnemite and Magneton got it in GSC). Remember how in DP there were two Fire lines? Expect the same thing in BW.

Wormadam-Sandy Cloak is Bug/Ground...

Ice/Fighting is an amazing typing. It gets the advantages of STAB Ice, but it removes the Stealth Rock weakness. Not a lot of Pokemon resist it offensively, either.

my entire leg is bleeding but even that dont stop me from getting mad at gamefreak for such a massive troll. a special stone edge? NOOOOO fucking WAYYYYY. it would be ok if was not be the fact they are wasting such a awesome name on such a shit atack, the burn chance will probably be 30% or some low shit like that. way to go gamefreak.

The dark/fire off the end of the dex is going to be a houndoom evo.

I kept my 3rd gen houndoom at lvl 99 all these years just waiting for this moment!

if he learn fire blast and/or overheat then no. dragons always had problems with steel types by using STAB alone, if he got a way to get rid of steel types then its just 1 more STAB move to abuse.

Lol am I the only one think that Poison/Dragon typing gets laughed at by steels even more?
Well, he resists U-turn, so it's not like Scizor will harass him that much. Stuff like Jirachi or Metagross might be problems, but it's not like he's gonna be firing off Sludge Bombs all the time. I think it would be a defensive Pokemon (hopefully Arbok evo, Intimidate ftw), anyways. Most Dragons get a fire move, and it would make even more sense with a part-Poison dragon (chemistry, napalm, etc).

Oh ya, I was just saying typing wise I thought it was funny. But I think this will be interesting, especially the third Ice/Dragon Legend being Gray or something like that.

Anyone else noticed the Grass/Poison/Ground monotype 'mon that come right before Zek and Reshi? Ergo, this gen's legendary trio - and there's a triangle here, like the starters - Grass>Ground>Poison>Grass. Sounds interesting to me.

Also, everyone that's saying "150 in regional dex - 143 new pokemon = 7 reused 'mon", that's a flawed calculation, since not all the new pokémon will be in the regional dex, like the postgame legendaries.

Ghost/Normal will never happen. It doesn't mesh with the way GameFreak appears to decide types. Normal/Ghost, on the other hand, I could see happen. Where are these new rumors coming from, anyway? I'd like to see them for myself.

EDIT: Oh... only one poster said Ghost/Normal, and the original source says Normal/Ghost like everyone else. Sounds like fun... Especially considering with that placement its probably a legendary.

Not necessarily. You only have to confirm one or two to semiconfirm the lot.
Yeah the only post-national dex Pokemon revealed before release was Electivire (for god knows what reason) and we never saw its number pre-release.

So I doubt we'll be seeing post-dex Pokemon until after release and even if, for example, a poison type is revealed, we probably won't know its position until after release.

So let's assume these rumors are true (which I highly doubt, but whatever...):

Ice/Fighting GREAT offensive type (at least with Aura Sphere or some good physical ice move or with Technician). Looks like a semi-legendary (Heatran's counterpart?) to me, as there are no Ice pokemon that are likely to get a Fighting evolution. Also, Primeape seems to be the most likely fighting type to gain an Ice evolution (which would be fucking awesome, though).

Fire/Dark Tri-Headed Houndoom ftw.

Ground/Bug Great typing, I was very sad about Wormadam being that bad... Hopefully Pinsir evo, could also be Kricketune if you ask me. (Which COULD be good, too.)

Poison/Dragon Arbok evo ftw. Arbok has so much unused potential. But I must say I imaine this to be a Seviper evo, as Seviper has much more potential to turn into a "true dragon", IMO. It just looks much more like it.

Normal/Ghost Following the previous paragraph, this has to be Zangoose's evolution. Just because Zangoose looks like the kind of guy who'd keep on fighting even after his death. I'm imagining some bad-ass bandit with the "really bad back-story" here. Could be something about the war between Zangoose and Seviper, that let Seviper become dragons and Zangoose become knights or something.

Steel Pure steel type AND an evolution of old pokemon? Mawile evo for sure. (Finally!)

Water Come on now! Pokemon this thing is likely to evolve from: Seaking (FUCK YEAH!), Octillery (OMG awesome), Floatzel (Great!), Lumineon (ok), Luvdisc (trollololol).

Fire Most likely a Rapdidash evo, IMO. That's because I think Torkoal or Ninetales would gain a secondary type upon evolution.

Dragon/Ice Makes sense to be the third in the trio. We speculated that because the whole world is made of Yin and Yang, the third one is likely to represent the "nirvana" (wrong language, I know, but w/e). Could represent "absolute zero temperature" (this means no movement at all).

Dragon Some strange legendary? There actually is no plausible way for a pure Dragon to evolve from a current pokemon. Could actually be the little yellow fairy pokemon we saw at the end of the movie. It looked like GF's way to make a "cute dragon".

Dark/Psychic Should a Deoxys-like then. I guess it's soul-related.

Also, everyone that's saying "150 in regional dex - 143 new pokemon = 7 reused 'mon", that's a flawed calculation, since not all the new pokémon will be in the regional dex, like the postgame legendaries.
IMO, that would be even worse. I think I'm going to have to hurt someone if they pull another DP on us and make 20 or so Pokemon not even in the Pokedex until after the Elite Four. Gamefreak corrected their mistake by making all of the Pokemon but Heatran, Regigigas, and the event legendaries in the regional Pokedex and they added enough Fire-types to allow Flint to actually have his team made up of more than two Fire-types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)