Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
So to go back to this some more

If the remake is fairly straight laced then all they really have to show for the next eh...what...9 months probably? Is stuff we already seen & know. We'll see the region again, we'll get profiles and new art of the charactesr, tehy'll reintroduce some of sinnoh's stuff like the contests and so on. But there wouldn't be much new to entice folks and get people talking as much.
It makes a lot of sense to hold back on something major like megas from the initial reveal because it means they can generate some buzz later on. Same applies to anything else that might be new.

Assuming there is any significant new/returning content, of course. Always possible we're just in for a dull 9 months.
Methinks they're going to be conservative with the changes this time around. They know how beloved these games are, so they're probably going to be hesitant to seriously rock the boat with changes that aren't just objective improvements.

Or maybe Cynthia's going to bust out a Mega Garchomp at the League. Who knows.

These remakes seem like they'll be fine, but I'm disappointed they won't look like Sword / Shield. The Wild area did look pretty bad, yeah, but most of the linear routes and towns in Sw/Sh looked nice & given that DPP contains mostly linear areas, I would have liked to see Sinnoh reimagined in a similar style.

Granted, I do understand why they went for the chibi style. A big issue I had in Sword and Shield was that it felt like it was 2/3rds the length of a standard Pokemon game (in terms of the number of areas you travel & overall content) & my tinfoil hat theory is that this is due to the devs focusing more on giving the routes eye candy to make the game presentable rather than focusing on more important things. Hopefully the chibi style will help give these games much more content than Sw/Sh, though we'll see that when the game gets released.

On its own, the games look fine, but I'm not a fan of the Character models, mainly because the lightning makes them look like plastic toys. The in-game 3D render of Dawn looks much worse than the trainer render from Sword and Shield.
1614545273386.png

1614545363737.png
Aside from that, I think the game has a nice looking overworld. The water in Lake verity looks pretty nice and Oreburgh city also looks nice as well. Still, I do hope that the lightning gets improved when the game is released.

Methinks they're going to be conservative with the changes this time around. They know how beloved these games are, so they're probably going to be hesitant to seriously rock the boat with changes that aren't just objective improvements.

Or maybe Cynthia's going to bust out a Mega Garchomp at the League. Who knows.
I'm not sure I understand you here; every game is beloved and you can especially look at the cries for Johto and Hoenn remakes from years prior. What makes Sinnoh so special that it can't be changed but those can?

The Mind Electric

I'm not sure I understand you here; every game is beloved and you can especially look at the cries for Johto and Hoenn remakes from years prior. What makes Sinnoh so special that it can't be changed but those can?
I mean that the Sinnoh games in particular are hard for GF to change significantly without upsetting people. I see Platinum in particular come up extremely frequently in discussions of the best Pokémon game ever, and I suspect that GF may be hesitant to change much beyond bringing back the improvements Platinum made to Diamond/Pearl and some other things that nobody will have a problem with, like a greater speed increase. You can see this in the marketing we've seen so far; they've repeatedly emphasized the faithfulness these remakes will have to the originals, and they really want people to know (or at least think) that they're not going to tamper with what made the Sinnoh games good/special to their original audience, even though they have a new generation of children that they need to sell these games to.

I know, but I don't see how that applied to Sinnoh and not other regions. I see it perhaps more with the likes of Hoenn

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I don't care much for the chibi style, but it seems like a Link's Awakening approach was the most logical thing to do
Most logical how? So that they can rush it out early? That's not logical, that's greed and lack of caring.

oh god please can HMs not return
If they're recreating the map 1:1 then I hoped you like Bibarel cause it's going to be needing to carry about all those HMs.
Like the only way around this is them either bringing back "Pokerides" though maybe have it more work like in Let's Go where you just summon a Pokemon to do a task for you. OR they could just finally give us items that do what the HMs normally do.

To make a similar note, I know at least A Link Between Worlds got around this by having the model lean comically backwards. It doesn't come off as weird when playing because of the fixed camera.
Though in Zelda you kind of need a top down view for games in the original style as you need to see the room layout to figure out puzzles.
But Pokemon doesn't have that reason, there's no reason to have a top down view, they can easily place the camera lower to the ground and behind the player.

So, what can we infer from this? DP Remakes will NOT have the Frontier. We're getting a Battle Tower with Palmer. That's it.

Unless there is DLC for this game, do not hold out hope for that. And even then, the chances are slim.
The sad part about this is, with this simplistic art style, if they weren't rushing it out the door it would have been the perfect compromise to put the Gen IV Battle Frontier in.

In terms of the extra mechanics they mention, I'm expecting the Mobile PC so that I can play with a party of at least 14 Pokémon.

By the way, I just noticed the artwork style is different this time, in a pseudo-3D style. It's possible the outsourced team had a hand in this, as Legends's artworks are more conventional.
If we're going to have to have Exp. Share always on we're going to need the mobile PC cause that's GF's suggested solution for people's complaints about the Exp. Share being always on (you know, instead of simply adding an OFF BUTTON, no instead players are the ones expected to do extra work to make sure their party isn't overleveled by constantly switching out as many Pokemon as you can in and out of the PC instead of trying to raise a dedicated team with maybe a few back-ups).

Yeah, great, so since the artists on working on Legends that means one of my favorites parts of remakes, seeing the new/updated designs of important characters like Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champion, & the Villain Team instead it's all going to be their original designs just in 3D (which we're already getting in Masters or has been done elsewhere). The only "original" art we'd be getting it the chibi/3D representation of their Gen IV overworld sprite. ~Ooh, so worth it~

In all fairness, after the tragedy that was sw/sh, this is like the door opening to the tomb of Christ. I mean, we’re coming out of a dark time here. Just like how at any other time, the Mandalorian would have been a pretty mediocre show, but it came out right after last jedi and rise of skywalker. They could port over a handful of 3ds models and palette-swap a mega Purugly into existence and it would still be the best Pokémon game we’ve gotten since 2016
Oh, well, if that's how you feel... GO PLAY PLATINUM!

No, I'm not giving them credit for making a 1:1 remake when they've shown past remakes they've put in work to, if not improve it, at least make it a better and/or more visually enticing experience.

This is GF testing the waters to see how LAZY they can be:
Will you accept us rehashing the same game with minor differences and no added content, not even from the enhanced version from the same generation?
Will you accept us making bare bones chain of events excuse of a story, saying interesting sounding stuff happen offscreen, and character development that either is one note or you can predict the course of by just having two brain cells to rub together?
Will you accept us regressing our art style so that we don't have to work hard to make the games look top quality and that they look like they're from a game two consoles ago?
Will you accept us not caring about what you sheep with money think and want and instead follow the whims of a guy who sometimes gets so high on his own ego fumes when trying to get development directions from him you have no clue what he's saying?

The mere fact they passed DP (and Masuda to get him out of Legends lmao)
You know, if that was their thinking, hey, GF, maybe if you're purposely giving projects to Masuda to keep him away from projects you actually care about it's time to let him go. He'll be fine, wouldn't be surprised if he starts up his own mobile game company, maybe at most you can help him set it up, just get him away from Pokemon.

We're essentially getting a DP Remake. There's room for some improvements, namely the Dex expansion. If they nail that we're in for a pretty good game.
I hate this logic.

Listen to me now. ALL Pokemon games are good. Even SwSh has its good points, all of them do.

What Pokemon games haven't been as of late is GREAT. And they have the potential to be GREAT. But GF (and why not throw the Pokemon Company and Nintendo under the bus as well as they seem to be perfectly fine with this), for whatever reason, doesn't want to put in the work to make them great. They now just want to push out games yearly when Pokemon games need years of development. "But the games have been worked on for years in the background". DEDICATED years of development, not "oh yeah we were developing it on the side until we finally got the few months to fully focus on it". There should be a few year gaps between main series titles, those few year gaps being dedicated development time to plan out the story, implement most of it, working on the graphics & animation, & polish it.

I don't want a chibi version of Sinnoh & its characters, I've SEEN a chibi version of Sinnoh and its characters. What I want is to see how a modern day perception of development being applied to Sinnoh and its characters, I want Sinnoh to be rendered in a full 3D world like Kalos, Alola and Galar was (no, I'm not counting Hoenn as I'm being bitter they essentially 1:1 recreated most of the locations; though the new locations like the new Mauville City and Sea Mauville look great and a hint of the potential Hoenn had).
I don't want Dynamax, but they're so willing to put Mega Evolution everywhere else but the core series why not bring it back for the remakes and make some new ones too! Give all major characters a Mega Pokemon for their ace, give the Legendaries a Mega, maybe even throw a few other Pokemon who really need an improvement a bone and have them go Mega.
And of course there's the Battle Frontier they could add. You know, a post game feature that actually gives players not only a challenge but interesting new mechanics and ways to battle to test out their skills while providing them services to get hard to find items and Tutor Moves? Make the game feels like its has worthwhile content even after the main game is over where in many other games players would put it down, give the Pokemon fans something they can keep coming back to.

Sinnoh were already good games, bar some issues here and there which some were addressed in Platinum. What I wanted from the Sinnoh remakes, much like what other remakes did before it (to an extent), was to see Sinnoh & its characters rendered in current gen style & graphics, the mechanics updated to modern standards, the enhanced version stuff to be be included (just because ORAS failed doesn't mean Sinnoh can to, infact ORAS failure should be a lesson GF learned from not to do), and the story & characters to be improved and expanded upon. Because, for Pokemon, what's the point of remaking a past gen if you're making it a 1:1 recreation with only QoL improvements? At that point just release Platinum on the eShop.

How the fuck will Unown function
Give it an actual moveset. For fun they can give it all the moves that has "power" in their name as a sort of semi-gimmick.

If GameFreak had a lack of ambition, Pokémon Legends wouldn't exist.

And this isn't something that we should expect from a company like GameFreak, because BDSP was not developed by GameFreak. It was developed by ILCA. And TBH, the fact that this is the first mainline game to not be developed by GameFreak actually shows that they are listening. People were saying after SWSH that GameFreak should outsource to other companies so that they could make better games. And what did GameFreak do? They listened to the fans and outsourced the Gen 4 remakes.

You have to understand that Japanese people are very proud and traditional, especially when it comes to their work. GameFreak especially is incredibly stubborn. If fans wanted them to outsource back in like 2014, GameFreak would have scoffed at them. And yet, here they are, outsourcing their work, because they finally understand that the formula they've been using for 25 years is starting to fall behind, and if they want catch up, they need to do two things: 1) Experiment more, and 2) accept that they can't make every mainline game themselves.
Lack of Ambition: Yes, DP shows lack of ambition. And that's because ALL of GF's ambition is going into Legends.

GF Listening: No, they're not listening. Or they listed and twisted what we wanted. Sure, they through out the DP remake to another developer... but Masuda is still directing them. Was it the developers choice to make the DP remakes this way or, more likely, did Masuda see this a chance to experiment with a silly idea he had.

Japanese Pride: I don't care if Japanese pride themselves on tradition, that doesn't make a game good. Infact, and I think as we've seen, it can be harmful to the game & franchise by holding it back.

Learned To Outsource: Except they outsourced not out of learning they can't make every mainline games, but because they had no interest in DP but rather this spinoff game. Infact, GF used to throw spinoff games to other developers while they worked on the core series, it's just that this time they decided the spinoff was more interesting than the remake.

They learned nothing. And they'll keep learning nothing as long as Pokemon is successful.

What's wrong with BDSP? I like it; it rolls of the tongue nicely and...

reads acronym again

Oh.
Okay, I think we're stretching here.

Yes, BDSP is one letter off from BDSM, but unless I'm not looking in the right places, I don't see anything particularly wrong with BDSP.

When Sword & Shield came out, the abbreviation SS was an issue as those were the letters used by the Nazi's Schutzstaffel to represent themselves.

But the "P" in BDSP is just enough to make the initials fine. And if anyone ever types BDSM instead of BDSP just consider it a Freudian Slip (probably them thinking of Cynthia beating them down making them call her Champion).

Just active the exp share and add every Pokémon you like to your team in a matter of minutes (a few battles), but don't allow the player to surpass level 20 before they win their second badge, for example.
Huh, I never thought about the idea of having the Exp. Share have a Level Cap until you get the next badge, I like it! It would actually solve a lot of the problems with "always-on" Exp. Share and instead just turn it into a mechanic to help newly added team members catch-up to where the party is expected to be at atm in the game. :bloblul:

I like how people are already doomsaying about the remakes when we barely got a minute of footage or any confirmation on what changes there will be.
True, but there's also something to say about making a good first impression. Of course, I say that and GF's interpretation of "First Impression" was a Bug-type move that smacks you in your face before you had any chance to do anything, I wonder if there's symbolism in that.

If the game is truly one-to-one, then it will be a huge letdown and I cannot see GF allowing the most beloved region be known as having a terrible remake.
Gamer, i'm unsure what you're saying, Kanto is already at 3 remakes and they were all decent.
Darn it, Worldie beat me to it, lol.

No matter what was done with Diamond/Pearl remakes, I couldn't see people not complaining.
Yeah, but there would be less people complaining if they actually showed they cared about making a DP remake.

You know there's something that hasn't been talked about, but one thing I'm absolutely looking forward to with these remakes is the return of Contests.
And ORAS did some leg work by giving all the new Moves up to Gen VI contest stats, now I know some moves work slightly differently in the Super Contests but at least they don't have to work from for the majority of the new moves (just the ones introduced in Gen VII and VIII which are mostly signature moves of newer mons).

Though I'm going to hold my actual thoughts for Super Contests until I see them in action and so have something to compare them to.

Can't wait to send over a Pokemon from my OG Pearl save file to have in my team for my Shining Pearl playthrough.
*Watch as its discovered BDSP can only trade between other versions of BDSP and any Pokemon transferred to Bank can't be transferred back into it*

Hopefully there's a continuation of the Deoxys thing where you can catch previously event-only mons (especially Arceus) in-game.
Not Arceus, wouldn't be surprised if they saved that for Legends. Maybe Darkrai, that way they could maybe include an event where they have Cresselia and Darkrai having conflict with one another.

Then again, they could do Manaphy as a reference to how you go it originally from the Pokemon Ranger games.

Or hey, maybe they can do both and Legendas can giveaway a Shaymin in addition to Arceus so both games offer all the Sinnoh Mythicals without needing to wait for an event.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet from earlier today. Not much context here but could be the rest of the Nat Dex eventually???
No, it's just Pokemon Company being cheeky/saying they care for all Pokemon as every Pokemon is someone's favorite.

Isn't it just standing straight in the originals? Why did they bother with whatever this is? It just makes it look worse IMO.
In the originals they used the camera angle to give it the illusion that it could have been either Pokemon:

What Pokemon games haven't been as of late is GREAT. And they have the potential to be GREAT. But GF (and why not throw the Pokemon Company and Nintendo under the bus as well as they seem to be perfectly fine with this), for whatever reason, doesn't want to put in the work to make them great.
It's so, so ironic to see people mention this argument to me of all people...

If the only games announced were the DP Remakes, I'd be furious.

This is not the case. GF is not only pushing out an ambitious project in Legends, they're actively going beyond all expectations by not following the golden formula.

These remakes are not being designed with ambition in mind, what you should be looking for here are adjustments, and more importantly, polish.

They're pretty much the Pokémon equivalent to OoT3D. Sure, you could play the original N64 experience and it's still a classic, but the remake has better graphics and iron out a couple of issues like the horrible aiming and the constant switching of items like the Iron Boots.

Ultimately, OoT3D is the better game, despite not adapting a bunch of modern things.

We already know it won't be an exact 1:1 remake outside of story and map design. We got a grand total of one minute of footage.

Calm down.

The Mind Electric

It's so, so ironic to see people mention this argument to me of all people...

If the only games announced were the DP Remakes, I'd be furious.

This is not the case. GF is not only pushing out an ambitious project in Legends, they're actively going beyond all expectations by not following the golden formula.

These remakes are not being designed with ambition in mind, what you should be looking for here are adjustments, and more importantly, polish.

They're pretty much the Pokémon equivalent to OoT3D. Sure, you could play the original N64 experience and it's still a classic, but the remake has better graphics and iron out a couple of issues like the horrible aiming and the constant switching of items like the Iron Boots.

Ultimately, OoT3D is the better game, despite not adapting a bunch of modern things.

We already know it won't be an exact 1:1 remake outside of story and map design. We got a grand total of one minute of footage.

Calm down.
Yeah, I understand being disappointed with the state of modern Pokémon, but I think it's a bit early to be burning GF/Masuda at the stake and calling people excited for this game sheep. I'm wary of boarding the hype train, but I also think this could absolutely be worth my money. It all depends on what we learn in the coming months.
Honestly, who's to say we should give up all hope on the Battle Frontier returning? Considering how much of a sticking point it was for ORAS' fan reception I don't think it's impossible that they might wanna take this opportunity to set things right so to speak. I'd put the odds at 50/50, personally.
One can only hope. I'd love to take on the full Frontier without having to put myself through the never-ending agony of actually preparing for it in Platinum/HG/SS.

Except they outsourced not out of learning they can't make every mainline games, but because they had no interest in DP but rather this spinoff game. Infact, GF used to throw spinoff games to other developers while they worked on the core series, it's just that this time they decided the spinoff was more interesting than the remake.
...Except Pokémon Legends isn't a spinoff. It's a mainline game. It's a prequel to DP, and since it shares continuity with a mainline game, it's a mainline game.
Because, for Pokemon, what's the point of remaking a past gen if you're making it a 1:1 recreation with only QoL improvements?
I think you're taking the "faithful recreation" thing a little bit too literally. I imagine what they meant by "faithful recreation" was to stay true to the original story and look of the region, meaning that they are recreating the aesthetic, not the gameplay. Sure, the characters and story won't change, which sucks. But that doesn't mean they won't change up the gameplay somehow. They could easily add Mega Evolutions, the Battle Frontier, and remove HMs all without changing the layout of the region or the plot.

Honestly, who's to say we should give up all hope on the Battle Frontier returning? Considering how much of a sticking point it was for ORAS' fan reception I don't think it's impossible that they might wanna take this opportunity to set things right so to speak. I'd put the odds at 50/50, personally.
It did also occur to me that the gen 4 frontier seems easier to code than the gen 3 frontier. The Emerald frontier needs some way of procedurally generating Pyramid floors, and the Arena and Palace involve significant changes to battles as a whole that don't appear elsewhere. Meanwhile, none of the gen 4 facilities really need more than two or three fixed rooms and the most complex change is the Arcade calling existing field effects at the start of the match. Admittedly, they're both significantly harder to program than an off switch for the exp share so this doesn't really mean much.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Admittedly, they're both significantly harder to program than an off switch for the exp share so this doesn't really mean much.
I mean even that isn't a matter of laziness or incompetence or anything so much as a (questionable) conscious design choice

Also I really really doubt HMs are coming back if Let's Go is any indication. That said I think it'd be a funny and cute touch if the Pokeride expy was entirely based around Bidoof/Bibarel. Bibarel Climb, Bibarel Glide, etc.

I think it'd be a funny and cute touch if the Pokeride expy was entirely based around Bidoof/Bibarel. Bibarel Climb, Bibarel Glide, etc.
I WAS LITERALLY JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS. My idea was that someone at the beginning of the game would give you this robot Bidoof that acts as a key item and has these little slots for inserting data chips. At the places where you normally get HMs, you get data chips that you then insert into your "Robo-Doof". Each chip corresponds to an HM, and when inserted, Robo-Doof can perform the action associated with that HM (yes, even Fly). Maybe at some point (probably upon getting access to Surf, because Water type), the Robo-Doof will evolve into a Bibar-Bot.

....why is this so detailed

Last edited:
This is not the case. GF is not only pushing out an ambitious project in Legends
... I don't really see ambition in Legends. It sounds like an easy way to get big sales due to the genre selling like hot bread, no matter how mediocre the game turns out to be.

Sounds a bit like when EA made Black Box develop Need for Speed Underground to me, willing to throw the expected elements off the bus because it gives a good buck (maybe that's why I don't like Legends?)

Now, I don't even try to mean by one bit that BDSP is ambitious. It's playing very safe - potentially too safe - so I don't see ambition in either of the projects announced two days ago. BDSP might be good (by default, as DP without the slow pace is good) but little more than that if it's what the trailers seem to imply.

If they sticked to their guns and it were more like Pokémon Black and White (that introduced virtually nothing important, and instead polished everything in a noticeable way), then it would be another story. THAT would be ambitious.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Whether Legends is truly ambitious or not has yet to be determined. We barely know anything about it right now other than a general idea if what it might be.

What I do see with Legends however is experimentation. It's definitely them trying out some new ideas with Pokemon and what it is, down to the full on 3D exploration, it being an action RPG, and the setting being in feudal times. It is definitely them testing out ideas for the series and seeing what works out. Will it be successful? Who knows. But it's a refreshing twist for the franchise and from what I can see, it's a step in the right direction for what a good 3D game ought to be.

Regardless of how much ambition there is in Legends, there's definitely some testing the waters with it, which imo is at the very least refreshing from a company that has for the past several years refused to rock the boat and played it safe more often than not.

... I don't really see ambition in Legends. It sounds like an easy way to get big sales due to the genre selling like hot bread, no matter how mediocre the game turns out to be.

Sounds a bit like when EA made Black Box develop Need for Speed Underground to me (maybe that's why I don't like Legends?)

Now, I don't even try to mean by one bit that BDSP is ambitious. It's playing very safe - potentially too safe - so I don't see ambition in either of the projects announced two days ago. BDSP might be good (by default, as DP without the slow pace is good) but little more than that if it's what the trailers seem to imply.

If they sticked to their guns and it were more like Pokémon Black and White (that introduced virtually nothing important, and instead polished everything in a noticeable way), then it would be another story.
Real talk if this is how we're looking at it then gamefreak is physically impossible of doing anything ambitious. Big shake ups would just be seen as following the leader/money, refining to a sheen what they know would just be seen as playing it safe

I'm not sure where people are getting that it's going to be a 1:1 remake. The official site says:

The original story has been faithfully reproduced, and the sense of scale in the originals’ towns and routes has been carefully preserved. People who played Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl can revisit familiar places and relive familiar scenes once more.
That's just marketing speak for "Hey person who hasn't played Pokemon for a long time! I know you've heard there are like 1000 different ones now, but don't worry, if you get this game everything's going to be familiar enough for you to still get that hit of nostalgia you're craving."

The remakes have always been the games to fill in the gaps and make it possible to catch everything on the same generation of hardware and these ones are the main holiday Pokemon release, not some virtual console type of thing. There are going to be post gen-4 Pokemon/moves/items in the game and you're going to be able to trade with Sword and Shield (now how much of that will be gated until post-game with some Sinnoh dex is anyone's guess). That along with some new versions of the cover legends and making some events available (as seen by the Platinum Shaymin NPC) are the bare minimum of what will be in there.

It's almost certainly going to be closer to the bare minimum than to your dream Pokemon game, and I'd definitely understand someone who feels like they've been fooled one too many times after Sword and Shield wanting to hold off on a $60 game that probably won't offer much more story or post-game content than a $40 game they've already played. It 100% isn't just going to be Diamond/Pearl with different graphics though.

Real talk if this is how we're looking at it then gamefreak is physically impossible of doing anything ambitious. Big shake ups would just be seen as following the leader/money, refining to a sheen what they know would just be seen as playing it safe
Not necessarily. It depends on what the shake up is. If Legends was, fuck I dunno, a Metroidvania 2D platformer or a side-scrolling beat 'em up, I don't think people would be calling it unambitious.

Yeah, I understand being disappointed with the state of modern Pokémon, but I think it's a bit early to be burning GF/Masuda at the stake and calling people excited for this game sheep.
I'm not sure why you quoted me. Apparently, I'm one of the few people hype for this game at least in this thread.

We're talking about Game Freak and the Pokémon Company here.

SwSh, with all of its flaws and controversy, was incredible in terms of selling, just like pretty much every Pokémon game.

Furthermore, we're talking about Game Freak. The company that would rather not scale pokémons in battle just to keep an archaic camera angle instead of a dynamic one to invoke the Game Boy days.

For them to throw caution into the wind and make fundamental changes to the core gameplay and call it "the evolution of the franchise" is incredibly bold and unexpected.

Will it pay off? Who knows. But ambition isn't measured in results. We can safely say it is an ambitious project by now.

Exactly. It's a direct contrast. BDSP is anything but ambitious. It's an extremely safe bet that's pretty much guaranteed money.

This is why I've been telling people to keep an eye on polish instead of ambition on the remakes.

Historically, it never happened.

Perhaps it was for the best that I've reposted my thoughts about it on Reddit, that's certainly a quicker link to copy-paste.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/ltaq4v

Frankly, the odds aren't good. I'd even go as far as to call them 10% or less.

They exist though. Some key factors have changed. Let's see what ILCA brings to the table here, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed again.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I'm not sure why you quoted me. Apparently, I'm one of the few people hype for this game at least in this thread.

We're talking about Game Freak and the Pokémon Company here.

SwSh, with all of its flaws and controversy, was incredible in terms of selling, just like pretty much every Pokémon game.

Furthermore, we're talking about Game Freak. The company that would rather not scale pokémons in battle just to keep an archaic camera angle instead of a dynamic one to invoke the Game Boy days.

For them to throw caution into the wind and make fundamental changes to the core gameplay and call it "the evolution of the franchise" is incredibly bold and unexpected.

Will it pay off? Who knows. But ambition isn't measured in results. We can safely say it is an ambitious project by now.

Exactly. It's a direct contrast. BDSP is anything but ambitious. It's an extremely safe bet that's pretty much guaranteed money.

This is why I've been telling people to keep an eye on polish instead of ambition on the remakes.

Historically, it never happened.

Perhaps it was for the best that I've reposted my thoughts about it on Reddit, that's certainly a quicker link to copy-paste.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/ltaq4v

Frankly, the odds aren't good. I'd even go as far as to call them 10% or less.

They exist though. Some key factors have changed. Let's see what ILCA brings to the table here, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed again.
Restricted Sparring confirmed for BDSP xddddd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)