SPOILERS! Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Datamine Info

Obviously we are waiting for its learnset, but what tier do we see Melmetal falling into?
Hard to say, UU or OU is obvious, it has high power and Assault Vest paches the main way to kill it
DIB is brutal, especially under Trick Room and if it gets the boost, but I do think it should be managable, as it needs both AV and TR to be the brutal menace
Might get banned in LG competitive though

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
trick room gets a new toy it seems. Idk I remember the last time we had a bulky but slow steel kinda-legendary in a sorta-sequel and it didn't go anywhere

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Couldn’t you do the same thing for all the good mons and still leave the badmons outclassed?
+200 in everything impacts shitmons more than good mons. Dragonite will still be better than a Butterfree but as Theorymon posted earlier, Pikachu can't even KO a Golem with Surf lmao, so the candies favor defense more than offense.

Teleport is a legal baton pass?? And Clefable, Chansey and Slowbro learn teleport now?? I think im wet, i cant wait to use them in gen 8

Also fuck this, we got 900 stealth rocks setters and like 1 good rapid spinner, make rapid spin AND defog a tm move gamefreak

Also i reallly hope play rough stays in tms for gen 8, cant wait to use band bulu, no more will stupid tornadus or latios be switchin on this mon. Same goes for koko i guess with play rough/thunder punch

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
We've got a mostly complete meta for Lets Go on the Nexus psim, currently working on implementing the new TMs but otherwise everything seems to work! To give a stat max Candy you give it 20 EVS and the Friendship boost is applied automatically. Got a fairly large test sample from Pokeaim's stream and it all seemed to work. http://nexus.psim.us/

Worth noting this psim is not at all affiliated with the user Nexus lol

Have the learnsets been released yet? I want to know what Melmetal learns via level up.

For me, the most fun to use with Teleport would be Exeggutor (leech seed then pass), Venomoth/Butterfree (sleep power then pass), Slowbro/Slowking (Regenerator and switching is great), Wigglytuff/Clefable/Chansey (Wish then pass), Magneton (trap Steel types, get rid of them, then pass to someone else), Hypno (either sleep pass or Wish pass), and Mr. Mime (screens then pass).

trick room gets a new toy it seems. Idk I remember the last time we had a bulky but slow steel kinda-legendary in a sorta-sequel and it didn't go anywhere
I also can't remind the last time one of those was actually legal in VGC... a shame cause Melmetal would probably be even more murderous than Snorlax in that scenario.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hyper Training is in the game. Still only Level 100. Still need Bottle Caps (and Gold Bottle Caps increase all stats).

Daycare is still around (not sure what it does though unless they went back to it increasing experience per step you take). In order to deposit a Pokemon you must have at least three in the box, and you can't deposit your starter.

Speaking of which, box can only hold 1000 Pokemon. Also the Pokemon in your party are considered to be part of the box.

My goodness. Try ranking these from best to worst.

Apparently no post-game region so it looks rebattling and Master Trainers are the only post-game content? Meh.
I actually threw up when I read these move names. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the least cringeworthy, at least Bouncy Bubble (yay Vappy) and Sizzly Slide score 10 for me. I need to reconsider a new icon as Glitzy Glow seems like scoring 4 (and I'll stick with Psyshock), Sparkly Swirl is at least fitting for whimsical fairy Sylveon so 7, and the rest should be reason whoever in charge of translating these moves should be fired (0-2), the worst being poor name reiterations *dope slaps Jolteon (1) Umbreon (hell 0) hard and Pikachu for at least 3 times*
:pikuh: I'd probably save money to get this game just for reorganising my GO's overflowing Pokémon box, but the price tags....

Now though, I'd like to know which Eevee will learn those. Are any Vees soon able to hold ALL the moves even after evolving? Because that sounds broken and too good to be true, Espeon and Jolteon suddenly become coverage-filling sweepers. Although this may indeed redeem Flareon from "sucks even with Flare Blitz!"

At least Sylveon still prefers Pixilated Hyper Voice instead of those horribly named moves....

Last edited:
Nah it’s only Starterchu and Startervee. And do we know if we can have multiple of these moves at once or not?
Thank Arceus... although I have a feeling they won't stop there in the next game. I just hope it's not as broken as it is now if that happens (I can accept having the evolved Vees learn a move to their types by level-up or whatever, even if that's back to square one with "Shallow Movepool Syndrome"....)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok, uh... Anyone who worked on or knows people who datamined the Let's Go games, we need to get something cleared up pronto.

Are you certain, without a shred of a doubt, that candies allow a +200 boost in ALL STATS?

Because if that's really how this shit works... Holy fuck, this metagame will be completely unplayable.

Remember that nexus LGPE gamemode Ezaphs posted? Well, we recently had a room tour and a few other miscellaneous games using that very system. Spoiler Alert: Nothing fucking dies.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nexus-gen75letsgonorest-8571
A 100+ turn match. It isn't stall VS stall, nor is anyone using some retarded Iron Defense + Amnesia + Rest set or anything like that.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nexus-gen75letsgonorest-8564
Turn 47: Poliwrath takes 47% from STAB Moonblast from Clefable.

Like, good fucking christ, this is gen 2 levels of bulky mons dictating the metagame. I hope to God there has been some sort of misrepresentation or misunderstanding of the candies system, because if this is what we can actually expect the LGPE "metagame" to look like, Game Freak is more incompetent than I ever could have imagined.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Ok, uh... Anyone who worked on or knows people who datamined the Let's Go games, we need to get something cleared up pronto.

Are you certain, without a shred of a doubt, that candies allow a +200 boost in ALL STATS?

Because if that's really how this shit works... Holy fuck, this metagame will be completely unplayable.

Remember that nexus LGPE gamemode Ezaphs posted? Well, we recently had a room tour and a few other miscellaneous games using that very system. Spoiler Alert: Nothing fucking dies.

A 100+ turn match. It isn't stall VS stall, nor is anyone using some retarded Iron Defense + Amnesia + Rest set or anything like that.

Like, good fucking christ, this is gen 2 levels of bulky mons dictating the metagame. I hope to God there has been some sort of misrepresentation or misunderstanding of the candies system, because if this is what we can actually expect the LGPE "metagame" to look like, Game Freak is more incompetent than I ever could have imagined.

It's definitely up to 200 candies per stat.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

It's definitely up to 200 candies per stat.
Wait a second... something big just hit me.

Anyone remember in the trailers with Candies, they mention how many candies you need to feed the Pokemon? Its been implied in offical trailers and the likes that sometimes you need to feed a Pokemon more than one candy to get an actual speed boost, stuff like "Pikachu needs 2". Does this coding just mention it for candies, or actual stat boosts?

Funny thing to me is I left the room inmediatly after I saw that damage output (moonblast from Clefa to Poliwrath) at turn 48.

Wait a second... something big just hit me.

Anyone remember in the trailers with Candies, they mention how many candies you need to feed the Pokemon? Its been implied in offical trailers and the likes that sometimes you need to feed a Pokemon more than one candy to get an actual speed boost, stuff like "Pikachu needs 2". Does this coding just mention it for candies, or actual stat boosts?
The code doesn't really mention much, it's cut off. All it shows is that a value is capped at 200. Whether or not that value is added directly to stats or modified further before the addition is unknown. It could be +200 to a stat, but the code isn't proof of that.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

Honestly I'm not sure if GameFreak wants to make it more appealing to casual audience of if they want to purposefully make it unnapealing to competitive players lol

This meta looks like an elaborate shitpost. Like a wreck that is so bad it's hilarious

Honestly I'm not sure if GameFreak wants to make it more appealing to casual audience of if they want to purposefully make it unnapealing to competitive players lol

This meta looks like an elaborate shitpost. Like a wreck that is so bad it's hilarious
I reckon we're misunderstanding how it works. This seems a bit too radical I think.

Someone should hack a Pokemon with lopsided stats, like Chansey, at L.100 and feed it candies and see what happens. I reckon there's going to be a multiplier involved. So for example it might take 2 candies to increase its Special Defense by 1, but it might take about 20 to increase its Attack by 1. Or something like that anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)