SPOILERS! Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Datamine Info

If I'd have to make a hypothesis, the "required candies" number is how many you need to feed to increase the stat. Maybe the final boost is the same as EVs, as in 63 points...

spatula

I LOVE CHIPFLAVOUR
is a Tiering Contributor
Have the learnsets been released yet? I want to know what Melmetal learns via level up.

For me, the most fun to use with Teleport would be Exeggutor (leech seed then pass), Venomoth/Butterfree (sleep power then pass), Slowbro/Slowking (Regenerator and switching is great), Wigglytuff/Clefable/Chansey (Wish then pass), Magneton (trap Steel types, get rid of them, then pass to someone else), Hypno (either sleep pass or Wish pass), and Mr. Mime (screens then pass).
Just fyi i dont think there are abilities so regenerator wont work

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What do you think is the best nature for the starter Eevee with its new BSTs and moves?
This is gonna highly rely on how the candy stat system really works, but I can think of 3 natures

Jolly: Lets you outspeed other Eevee and get a Substitute up before they try to status you

Impish / Careful: makes Eevee bulkier, useful against other Pokemon (Impish for physically defensive, Careful for specially defensive)

These natures are assuming that the candy system boosts all your stats though.

This is gonna highly rely on how the candy stat system really works, but I can think of 3 natures

Jolly: Lets you outspeed other Eevee and get a Substitute up before they try to status you

Impish / Careful: makes Eevee bulkier, useful against other Pokemon (Impish for physically defensive, Careful for specially defensive)

These natures are assuming that the candy system boosts all your stats though.
Thanks! So, even for a mixed set, a jolly nature would be better than naive/hasty?

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks! So, even for a mixed set, a jolly nature would be better than naive/hasty?
Yeah I assume so, Eevee seems like its more of a bulky support Pokemon than something that tries to do a lot of damage. It's taking advantage of the fact that you can't stop it from statusing stuff with Taunt. Probably something you want with hazards support, with the idea being that you force your foe to use Rest at a bad time to set up your own teammate.

I guess if you really don't want to compromise on damage output you could use Relaxed or Sassy though, but this does mean Cloyster outspeeds. That may not be too big of a deal however.

Meltan doesn't have an evolution listed in the moveset list, so it may be a special event/form change that makes Melmetal.
No (Toxic) Spikes, Dragon Dance, Sleep Talk Snorlax, Curse, Rapid Spin(!) and more if the leak is correct

Just saw the trainers data and I must say I really like them:-)
I really like what they did with E4 Teams: Poliwrath for Bruno, Weezing for Agatha (still think Ninetales or Hypno would be better and they could've replaced the second Gengar), Seadra and Charizard for Lance instead of 2 Dragonairs. The Rematches with Alolan Forms are also quite nice.

The Gym Leader Roosters (both initial and Rematch ones) are also done good- no more just Raichu for Surge, no 3x Venonat for Koga, no Abra-Kadabra-Alakazam for Sabrina. Sad they did not give any Alolan forms for Gym Leaders (there were some options available) but still is quite nice:-)

Mina is an unexpected guest there, they could have also add Nanu with Alolan forms (Raticate, Persian, Muk) and Molayne for Steel (Magneton, Dugtrio, Sandslash) but still it's all quite nice:-)

Does anyone know if we can check somehow which trainers are using Megas?

Meltan doesn't have an evolution listed in the moveset list, so it may be a special event/form change that makes Melmetal.
No (Toxic) Spikes, Dragon Dance, Sleep Talk Snorlax, Curse, Rapid Spin(!) and more if the leak is correct
We know that you can't evolve Meltan in Let's Go, and that you have to evolve it in GO to get Melmetal.

The learnsets really shrank compared to Gen 7.

New moves. Three things to note. Everything learns Headbutt now (minus the obvious), so I just cut out the new Headbutt learners to save space. Also, the few things that get Helping Hand here are not technically new, but were previously only obtainable as XD moves so I thought it was relevant to point them out. Lastly anything with (both) means the normal and the Alolan form. Anyways, here they are:

Charizard - Fury Swipes

Beedrill - Peck
Beedrill - Outrage

Pikachu - Double Kick
Pikachu - Calm Mind

Sandslash - Drill Run [only Alolan used to learn this]
Alolan Sandslash - Mirror Coat
Alolan Sandslash - Ice Shard

Clefable - Play Rough

Wigglytuff - Minimize

Golbat - Crunch

Parasect - Sleep Powder
Parasect - Fury Swipes

Venomoth - Dream Eater

Dugtrio - Agility

Arcanine - Play Rough
Arcanine - Superpower

Poliwrath - Low Kick
Poliwrath - Pound
Poliwrath - Superpower

Alakazam - Night Shade

Victreebel - Sucker Punch (Gen 4 tutor before)

Golem - Sand Attack

Farfetch'd - Razor Leaf

Dewgong - Helping Hand
Dewgong - Megahorn

Muk (both) - Helping Hand
Muk (both) - Moonblast

Gengar - Poison Gas

Electrode - Thunder Shock

Exeggutor (both) - Psybeam
Exeggutor (both) - Power Whip

Hitmonchan - Focus Energy

Lickitung - Acid

Rhydon - Sand Attack
Rhydon - Rock Throw
Rhydon - Helping Hand

Seaking - Quick Attack

Jynx - Screech

Electabuzz - Taunt

Magmar - Taunt

Pinsir - Helping Hand
Pinsir - Outrage

Tauros - Focus Energy

Gyarados - Bind

Lapras - Megahorn

Eevee - Double Kick
Eevee - Pay Day

Porygon - Barrier

Omastar - Rock Throw

Kabutops - Rock Throw
Kabutops - Leech Life

Aerodactyl - Rock Throw

Articuno - Leer
Articuno - Mirror Coat

Zapdos - Leer

Mewtwo - Confuse Ray
Mewtwo - Psybeam
Mewtwo - Agility

Mew - Play Rough
Mew - Megahorn
Mew - Confusion

Let me know if I missed anything, or put anything here erroneously.

Last edited:
Those boosted stats in attack/speed is gonna be amazing in gen 8 for pikachu with light ball. It's tough to compete with other electrics right now but the pure power shouldn't be slept on.

I think you're missing Moves introduced in USUM there but nevertheless, I didn't expect the list to be almost 500 entries long.

when you're too lazy to admit your mistake so you make your mistake canon
Am I missing some meme here, please update me!
Those boosted stats in attack/speed is gonna be amazing in gen 8 for pikachu with light ball. It's tough to compete with other electrics right now but the pure power shouldn't be slept on.
Which part of "the starter Pikachu/Eevee are not tradable and have their unique stats compared to wild ones" is hard to understand? :P You'll never see this Pikachu, Eevee or their moves in a game not called Let's Go.

The small learnsets only apply to this game so don't worry. For the Gen 8 games the learnsets will go back to normal
Yes and not though. I have solid expectations that moveset additions will carry over to gen 8 (Matsuda also implied a lot of times if not flat out said that Let's Go Pokemon will be bank-compatible).
Moveset removals won't mainly because they only happen due to the moves not even being in Let's Go to begin with.

The option of having a Play Rhough TM is very exciting. Megahorn less.

What we definitely can't really guess is if moves changes do carry over in future games (like Teleport or Mega Drain), but that we'll only know when gen 8 gets announced.
I wouldn't be surprised for example if Mega Drain stays same in gen 8 and they only did that change to not require a Giga Drain in game

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)