Pokemon Merchandise thread

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Does many you wonder if any of these Pokemon are getting their first plush form in years if ever (well, I guess this is probably the case for the majority of the Unown, lol).

I certainly do. I have several Pokemon I want that seem to never be in plush format so it's exciting to see an entire generation of Pokemon finally getting some merchandise. Back then, I'd be lucky to find anything Pokemon related in the stores, but now, the plushies do seem a lot more common. Maybe I have a better eye now, but I do know that I sometimes have trouble finding merchandise of Pokemon I want or just assume they don't exist (after looking in the Internet).

I want Dunsparce, Slugma and Magcargo. I'm certain that none of these 3 Pokemon got any real merch before.
Oh, and the Pory line did actually have a pin set released btw (I have them)

I rarely get time to visit anything or check things but....

https://www.pokemon.jp/info/pokecen/detail/20190517_16497.html

[Insert "Battle! Vs. Ultra Necrozma.mp3" here]
Oh Holy Arceus, looks like this is serious.
They now release merch centered on Nuzlocke Reaper God of Light Ultra Necrozma invading past regions. Everyone's dead meat. Imagine that monster taking over every region. No one will stand a chance other than maybe Arceus in Sinnou if he plays his plates cards right.
Anyone going to guess SM Anabel's past now?

EDIT: closely looking at it, I'm unsure where this take place, but it has both BW2 heroine and ORAS hero in same scene (who are already on separate timeline). I thought this was Houen's Sky Pillar, but is it? Either way they ded unless Rayquaza Mega-Evolves and not eat UNecrozma's +1 Dragon Pulse first (that horror flashback of it outspeeding and OHKOing both Raichu and Lycanroc....).

Last edited:
I rarely get time to visit anything or check things but....

https://www.pokemon.jp/info/pokecen/detail/20190517_16497.html

[Insert "Battle! Vs. Ultra Necrozma.mp3" here]
Oh Holy Arceus, looks like this is serious.
They now release merch centered on Nuzlocke Reaper God of Light Ultra Necrozma invading past regions. Everyone's dead meat. Imagine that monster taking over every region. No one will stand a chance other than maybe Arceus in Sinnou if he plays his plates cards right.
Anyone going to guess SM Anabel's past now?

EDIT: closely looking at it, I'm unsure where this take place, but it has both BW2 heroine and ORAS hero in same scene (who are already on separate timeline). I thought this was Houen's Sky Pillar, but is it? Either way they ded unless Rayquaza Mega-Evolves and not eat UNecrozma's +1 Dragon Pulse first (that horror flashback of it outspeeding and OHKOing both Raichu and Lycanroc....).
The merchandise is advertised more as being Pokemon art done by Yusuke Murata rather than anything related to a cohesive narrative. He is the manga artist behind the popular American football manga series Eyeshield 21 and the redraw/remake of the One Punch Man Webcomic. He's a pretty talented artist, in many ways the anime adaptions of the manga he draws just don't look as good as his illustrations.

The merchandise is advertised more as being Pokemon art done by Yusuke Murata rather than anything related to a cohesive narrative. He is the manga artist behind the popular American football manga series Eyeshield 21 and the redraw/remake of the One Punch Man Webcomic. He's a pretty talented artist, in many ways the anime adaptions of the manga he draws just don't look as good as his illustrations.
Well, I've been living under rock to only heard his name somewhere when I read the article, but can't pin it out on where.

It... doesn't translate so well into a real plush toy. Something about it makes it... uncanny. I thought in the film it doesn't look that uncanny.
Maybe because of the eyes? Or maybe because I'm too used to roundy Pokecen Pikachu?

I just checked San-ei, and they recently updated with more Pokemon plushies.

Hooray, Spinda plushies to burn. But the rest are good, like to be expected from San-ei. San-ei does have other things, such as Lapras and Charizard plushies, but felt like we've already seen a lot of those, or maybe it's just me.

pokemon center
This is... I haven't found anything in Daisuki Club. Then again I have been a thesis hermit these days....

But yeah, not that I'll get them as I have only interest in real size stuffs, but I am interested to seek this for some artistic muse, especially that those are exactly my three top Waters favourites.

Also, I'm thinking since it uses "Oceanic Operette" instead of the Japanese name of the attack "Wadatsumi's Symphony", I'm thinking this is not made exactly by PokeCen, but by a third party and sold along in PokeCen.

Oh my god those are adorable! Where they from?
pokemon center
I finally found the source, Pokemon Daisuki Club just now added this.
https://www.pokemon.jp/info/pokecen/detail/20190625_16517.html

Yes, as mentioned, notice that they write "Oceanic Operetta" as opposed to the japanese language of said Primarina-Z move (down to "Operetta" instead of "Symphonia"), while having the undersea palace of Sea God (Wadatsumi, referenced in Japanese language of Oceanic Operetta) in the background.
... yet, I was incorrect. This is PokeCen original campaign, not 3rd-party made. They decided to go Gratituous English for once.

I'll see if I can probably try to make the coat and pearl beads for my real-size Vappy....

Last edited:
New Pokemon robots for sale
also featuring a Pikachu intelligent personal assistant
We're this close of having the dream of transferring pokemon caught ingame to a fluffy robotic body

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Lucario dressed like Sir Aaron! They should do more of that, Pokemon dressing like a human counterpart they're associated with.

Not sure if Celebi is referencing anyone or it's just a forest mage. Still cute. EDIT: And I just noticed in the picture that Celebi stole it's hat from the middle Dugtrio head, lol!

Pikachu as Mimikyu & Charmander as Cubone, lol! Not sure what Bulbasaur is supposed to be, a Substitute doll? Meanwhile Squirtle is just strutting it with a top hat, bowtie, and cane.

Zorua, why are you wearing a costume? You can illusion yourself to be any Pokemon. If anything you should dress up like a Zorua because technically that's the only Pokemon you can't illusion. :P

And of course the picture is also adorable though wished more Pokemon were dressed up. Like the little detail of the Xurkitree and Blacephalon decorations hanging on the garland. I already mentioned the little story that Celebi stole middle head Dugtrio's hat which its fuming about, though you'd also think Mimikyu would be angry that Pikachu stole its look. Pikachu you already have all the love, Mimikyu just wants some of that love, and now you're even taking that love away from it...

(This is Mimikyu trying to mentally crack Pikachu's neck)

You guys managed to find the Halloween info, yet missed the real-size plush campaign they launched a little earlier?

https://www.pokemoncenter-online.co...eripu&utm_source=official&utm_medium=referral

If you Androids (which is not me now, I use iPhone) really need electric sheep to sleep, there it is. With insane price over 40k Y.

The next will either be new vee (in Arceus' name I dare to bet there will be new vee, girls love vees), or Wooloo.
Seriously, they should just go Wooloo while the meme lives.

(Meanwhile I still had no time to get that little seapuppy lifesize plush, while the tax will rise starting Oct)

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
The next will either be new vee (in Arceus' name I dare to bet there will be new vee, girls love vees), or Wooloo.
Seriously, they should just go Wooloo while the meme lives.
There's also the "pink blobs" which would make nice pillows.

Jigglypuff & Wigglytuff: Wiggly's dex description even mentions their fur is so soft people use them as pillows.
Clefairy & Clefable: Counterparts to Jigglypuff family and if made into pillows would probably be just as comfortable.
Chansey, Blissey, & Audino: Surely these three would let you sleep on them if it means you'll be in good health.
Munna & Musharna: What better Pokemon to advertise as a pillow than ones which also sleep and make good dreams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)