Pokemon Riddle

A - Stantler
X - Earthquake
Y - Imprison
Z - Struggle

Stantler has the moveset Imprison / Earthquake / ??? / ??? and happens to be EVed somewhat bulkily.
Zeromus did the rest of the reasoning.

edit: wow that's what I get for keeping threads open for ten minutes before responding rofl

OK, here's one. UU battle. You lead with Kadabra, and your opponent leads with Nidoqueen.

Opponent switched in A
Kadabra used W
A critical hit!
It's super-effective!
A lost 100% of its health
A held on with its Focus Sash
Kadabra lost 10% of its health

Kadabra used X
???
Foe A used Y
???

Kadabra used Z
???
Foe A used Y
???

Opponent switched in Articuno
Kadabra used Z
It's super-effective
Foe Articuno lost 100% of its health
Foe Articuno fainted

Opponent switched in Honchkrow
Honchkrow used Sucker Punch
Kadabra lost 80% of its health
Kadabra fainted
Honchkrow lost 10% of its health

All pokemon are at level 100. Move Y has perfect accuracy and more than 75 base power.

I think this only has one solution. If someone finds an alternate solution, you get a cookie.

EDIT:er, due to a small error on my part, the identity of move W has changed. Also changed a few things to make certain things more clear.

EDIT2: I'm an idiot. LR is right...I do need more information here, since it's kind of the most important information of all. Adding a 5th turn, after which all should be clear. Or at least solvable.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice riddle Total Potato :). If other people want to keep this as a Pokemon Riddle thread, please use well thought through, interesting ones with only a single answer. If everyone starts posting the first three turns of the first ladder match they had today and omit a couple of lines, this thread will go downhill very fast (it's been very good so far). Please keep the quality of the riddles up, thanks.

EDIT: @ petrie911's riddle

W = Confusion / Psybeam / Signal Beam
X = Calm Mind (to power up an electric attack enough to OHKO articuno)
Foe A = A ground type I think, since it must be immune to an attack hitting Articuno super effectively. I think this is right since Confusion/Psybeam/Signal Beam was neutral on it as well. Using a special attack with more than 75 power, I'm guessing Quagsire with Surf?
Y = Surf?
Z = Hidden Power Electric (Modest +1 LO Kadabra HP Electric vs 0/0- Articuno: 87.9-104.0%, and is Kadabra's only electric attack that can OHKO)

EDIT 2: Whaaa.. ok, after that edit I'll start again :P. Ignore my first edit, after petrie's edit it's no longer relevant. But I'm sure there is more than one possibility for some of your mystery things. A bit more information would help a lot lol.

Nice riddle Total Potato :). If other people want to keep this as a Pokemon Riddle thread, please use well thought through, interesting ones with only a single answer. If everyone starts posting the first three turns of the first ladder match they had today and omit a couple of lines, this thread will go downhill very fast (it's been very good so far). Please keep the quality of the riddles up, thanks.

EDIT: @ petrie911's riddle

W = Confusion / Psybeam / Signal Beam
X = Calm Mind (to power up an electric attack enough to OHKO articuno)
Foe A = A ground type I think, since it must be immune to an attack hitting Articuno super effectively. I think this is right since Confusion/Psybeam/Signal Beam was neutral on it as well. Using a special attack with more than 75 power, I'm guessing Quagsire with Surf?
Y = Surf?
Z = Hidden Power Electric (Modest +1 LO Kadabra HP Electric vs 0/0- Articuno: 87.9-104.0%, and is Kadabra's only electric attack that can OHKO)
Can't be Quagsire with Confusion/Psybeam/Signal Beam, It was SE. Maybe Claydol using Psychic or some such?

Edit: AHA! Move W is Energy Ball (or Grass Knot? (or Ice Punch even?)) I think Y is Sucker Punch, and X is Calm Mind/Z is HP electric like LR said. Pokemon A has to be Diglett to be immune to electric and have Sucker Punch and be weak to grass.

Edit 2 to people below: Move Y has to do 0 damage to Kadabra since it takes 20% from LO and 80% from Sucker Punch

Edit 3: Sucker Punch doesn't work, would hit second time and has priority, but Dream Eater and Claydol work! Only Energy Ball would work for damage this way probably

W = Energy Ball
X = Calm Mind
A = Sandslash?
Y = Earthquake?
Z = I'm going to steal LR's info and say HP Electric too ;)

I probably got it far off, but...yeah x_x

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
W = Energy Ball
X = Calm Mind
A = Sandslash?
Y = Earthquake?
Z = I'm going to steal LR's info and say HP Electric too ;)

I probably got it far off, but...yeah x_x
Cant be Energy ball, because it hit Nidoqueen super-effective, and Energy Ball doesnt. I think LR was right with Psybeam/Confusion.

As for Y, it could be Flamethrower, Ice Beam, etc. I think EQ may have killed the Kadabra, so i think its not that one.

And well, LR discovered most of it lol

Edit: Though what i dont get is why Confusion/Psybeam instead of Psychic. I didnt see any confusion x_o

I have an idea, but I had it before you added the fifth turn, so it's probably either wrong or not the solution you were thinking of.

W = Psychic
X = Substitute/Reflect/Barrier
Y = Dig
Z = Hidden Power Rock

EDIT: Whoops, missed the Sucker Punch damage. Back to the drawing board...

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
W = Energy Ball
X = Calm Mind
A = Claydol
Y = Dream Eater
Z = HP Electric

Note that it says that they both lead out, and since Kadabra attacked while the opponent switched, that means that it can't be Nidoqueen (species clause, besides, he would put Nidoqueen in place of A then).

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All pokemon are fully evolved, level 100, perfect IVs. I am fairly certain that there is only one solution.

Rampardos used Earthquake!
X lost 100% of its health.
X used Thunder Wave!
Rampardos was paralyzed!
??
Rampardos lost 6% of its health.
??

X used Endeavor!
Rampardos lost 100% of its health.
Rampardos is fully paralyzed! It can't move!
??
Rampardos lost 0% of its health.
Rampardos fainted!
??

EDIT: Damn, you guys are too fast. Make incorrect guesses first next time, this is really lowering my self esteem. I even forgot to put in a line and you guys still got it.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
All pokemon are fully evolved, level 100, perfect IVs. I am fairly certain that there is only one solution.

X used Thunder Wave!
Rampardos was paralyzed!
??
??

X used Endeavor!
??
Rampardos fainted!
??
Since rampardos lost 6% of its health, it must be hailing.
And the only Pokemon immune to Hail with Thunder Wave and Endeavor that I can think of is Clefable.
X=Clefable?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus

X used Thunder Wave!
Rampardos was paralyzed!
??
??

X used Endeavor!
??
Rampardos fainted!
??
Rampardos is buffetted by hail.
Clefable is buffetted by hail.

Repeat again. Works with CB EQ from a max +nature on a 0/0 -nature Clefable scoring max hp -1 damage (because that's how Shoddy displays it)

Or regular EQ from a max +nature on a 0/0 neutral nature Clefairy.

Or some combination that lets a Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable take between <100% and >100% damage range.

W = Energy Ball
X = Calm Mind
A = Claydol
Y = Dream Eater
Z = HP Electric

Note that it says that they both lead out, and since Kadabra attacked while the opponent switched, that means that it can't be Nidoqueen (species clause, besides, he would put Nidoqueen in place of A then).
Dream Eater...wow, did not think of that. Although that doesn't really allow for a unique solution, as W = Shadow Ball and A = Hypno would also work, among others.

Y is not Dream Eater, though you do get a cookie for that alternate solution.

Diana

Okay, I'm pretty sure there's one solution to this. Deoxys is in its normal forme and at max speed, and pokemon A does not have a scarf.

Opponent switched in Deoxys.
Lopunny used Trick.
Lopunny obtained a Focus Sash.
Deoxys obtained a Choice Scarf.
----------
Deoxys used Superpower. (100% damage)
It's super-effective!
Lopunny hung on with its Focus Sash.
Lopunny used Sunny Day.
The sunlight became bright.
The sunlight is strong.
-----------
Deoxys used Superpower (0% damage)
It's super-effective!
Lopunny fainted!
The sunlight is strong.
-----------
Player switched in A.
A used Toxic.
Deoxys was badly poisoned!
Deoxys used Superpower

I cut it off there, that's all you need to figure this out, good luck.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Petrie's riddle?

EDIT: whoops, missed something. And Kadabra doesn't learn Focus Blast.

A - Houndoom
W- HP Rock
X- Role Play
Y - Flamethrower
Z - Mimic

OK, here's one. UU battle. You lead with Kadabra, and your opponent leads with Nidoqueen.

Opponent switched in A
Kadabra used W
A critical hit!
It's super-effective!
A lost 100% of its health
A held on with its Focus Sash

Kadabra used X
???
Foe A used Y
???

Kadabra used Z
???
Foe A used Y
???

Opponent switched in Articuno
Kadabra used Z
It's super-effective
Foe Articuno lost 100% of its health
Foe Articuno fainted

Opponent switched in Honchkrow
Honchkrow used Sucker Punch
Kadabra lost 80% of its health
Kadabra fainted
Honchkrow lost 10% of its health

All pokemon are at level 100. Move Y has perfect accuracy and more than 75 base power.

I think this only has one solution. If someone finds an alternate solution, you get a cookie.

EDIT:er, due to a small error on my part, the identity of move W has changed. Also changed a few things to make certain things more clear.

EDIT2: I'm an idiot. LR is right...I do need more information here, since it's kind of the most important information of all. Adding a 5th turn, after which all should be clear. Or at least solvable.
I'll give it a shot.

A: Xatu - The opp. predicted a Psychic attack and switched to this

W: Shadow Ball - Predicted the switch

X: Calm Mind

Y: Me First - This is what lead me to think that A was Xatu, you said Y had perfect accuracy, IIRC I think moves listed as 100% still have a marginal percentage of missing, due to that I couldn't find any other moves that fits.
Though despite the fact that Xatu has 95 Base Speed and Kadabra has 105
to allow Me First to work (Not sure about this), though I also don't know the competence level of the opponent :P.

Z: Hidden Power Rock/Electric [Calm Mind + LO as LR stated, either would work]

I think Y is throwing me off. I'm way off aren't I?

Okay, I'm pretty sure there's one solution to this. Deoxys is in its normal forme and at max speed.

Opponent switched in Deoxys.
Lopunny used Trick.
Lopunny obtained a Focus Sash.
Deoxys obtained a Choice Scarf.
----------
Deoxys used Superpower. (100% damage)
It's super-effective!
Lopunny hung on with its Focus Sash.
Lopunny used Sunny Day.
The sunlight became bright.
The sunlight is strong.
-----------
Deoxys used Superpower (0% damage)
It's super-effective!
Lopunny fainted!
The sunlight is strong.
-----------
Player switched in A.
A used Toxic.
Deoxys was badly poisoned!
Deoxys used Superpower

I cut it off there, that's all you need to figure this out, good luck.

Is this a mockery of the thread, or just not very well thought out..

EDIT:
A = Anything with Toxic faster than scarf'd-norm-Deoxys. (Faster than 657)

Scarfed Speed Deoxys
Another Scarf'd Norm Deoxys winning the speed tie
Scarf'd Ninjask
Most Chlorophyll pokes + Scarf
Jumpluff is the only Chlorophyll poke that can outspeed w/o Scarf.

Diana

Is this a mockery of the thread, or just not very well thought out..

A = Anything with Toxic faster than norm-Deoxys.
It's not. You need to think about the sun and the fact the deoxys is stuck with a scarf. there's only one Pokemon that fits this.

It's not. You need to think about the sun and the fact the deoxys is stuck with a scarf. there's only one Pokemon that fits this.

In my edit you'll see that there are more pokemon that fit. There wasn't enough information to isolate it to Jumpluff.

Diana

In my edit you'll see that there are more pokemon that fit. There wasn't enough information to isolate it to Jumpluff.
Yeah, I realized that and added the scarf thing in the original post about Pokemon A.. Sorry about that.

It's jumpluff. Diana also editted so that the poke couldn't have a scarf, otherwise even Tropius, base 51 spe, could outspeed under the sun.

Yeah, I realized that and added the scarf thing in the original post about Pokemon A.. Sorry about that.
It's okay. Sorry if I went overboard on you. I didn't see the Scarf-edit during my edits. From the initial post it looked as if someone was trying to take this interesting thread and dump on it. I guess I have simply been in the bad vibes of GameFaqs too long.

It's jumpluff. Diana also editted so that the poke couldn't have a scarf, otherwise even Tropius, base 51 spe, could outspeed under the sun.
Yeah I see that now, I answered too soon and was not privvy to that info. Jumpluff was one of the many in my edits however, hahah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)